Author Topic: Repossess Wardrobe  (Read 16137 times)

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
Re: Repossess Wardrobe
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2015, 05:43:24 PM »
When I was working I had about 4 pairs of pants, 10 tops & 6 sweaters that I rotated. I doubt anyone ever noticed.

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 06:52:04 AM »
Finished two skirts I started making years ago and never finished. both were from recycled fabrics and are still my current style :) also mended two more skirts (one more nearly done), a top and a dress. Sorted through my mending box and  feel motivated to nail a few more items. I feel like a kid at Xmas with all these new clothes... Especially happy to welcome my favourite blue and red skirts back into my wardrobe. Given they took under half an hour to fix I can't believe I let them sit for a year!

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 06:56:25 AM »
I repeat quite a lot a work because I am lazy. I am trying to do less of this because there is no need. But 5 bottoms and 10 tops would be ample especially if you can mix and match. If everything coordinates capsule style you might get by with even less, maybe two bottoms a dress and four tops, with a cardi or two and a blazer. But you'd need quite a few scarves and different tights to be able to make it work. (Eg, black, grey and navy tights would give the outfiits different feels).

riverffashion

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2015, 09:25:32 PM »
I donated at least a dozen pieces of clothing that I decided I didn't care about repossessing anymore . still a couple more I haven't dealt with one way or the other, but just a couple .

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »
challenge accepted
I will either make the clothing fit, fix/darn what needs fixing or out the door it goes

could I possibly "gift" a friend that I haven't seen for 15 years with "new" (worn once) items?

I am scared she'll be offended and don't want to risk it

chasingthegoodlife

• Bristles
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2015, 02:50:03 PM »
Tomita - could you phrase it less as a 'gift' and more as 'I'm getting rid if these, just wondered if you were interested?' I say go ahead, unless you think weight and size is an issue.

Thanks to this thread I tackled my mending bag last night. A top and two cardigans I love are now back in rotation. Another top and pj pants will be taken to mum's next week to make use of her sewing machine.

Also got rid of two tops that didn't seem worth fixing.

I am holding on to a cute singlet with a missing button. I KNOW I have saved the button somewhere, but where? The buttons are purely decorative so if I can't find it by summer I will just rearrange the remaining ones to cover the gap.

Next up - broken jewellery. I have so many earrings that need repair it's ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2015, 01:56:33 PM »
chasingthegoodlife"  thanks, good idea, ...

chasingthegoodlife

• Bristles
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:50 PM »
:)

Tackled the jewellery on the weekend. Put together a small bag for donation and matched up all the earrings, then ordered fixings online straight away to replace what's broken. Coming to realise that online shopping is much more efficient for these kinds of things now I live an hour away from a big shopping centre. Yes, I might have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive, but by the time I make it to the shops I've often forgotten what I need and it gets put off endlessly.

I feel so rich now, choosing from all these clean and working things!

Next challenge - the hand washing/stain backlog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk