Author Topic: Mustachian Meditation  (Read 24257 times)

sui generis

• Magnum Stache
  • she/her
Re: Mustachian Meditation
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2022, 11:44:18 AM »
Just found this post...when I was in late 20s I meditated for and hour twice a day....that went on for nearly a year...it got weird but in a good way

Oh, I'd be interested to hear more about the "weird but in a good way"!

bthewalls

• Bristles
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2022, 03:05:14 PM »
Theres plenty of decent literature on it....a buddy of mine was a therapist who studied it well...the unconscious starts to mix with conscious and you step outside the ‘real world’... out of body stuff to say the least..

Try William James ‘the variety of religious experiences’.....heavy and written in old English but a famous book

dblaace

• Bristles
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2022, 03:17:19 PM »
I've managed to string together 100 days of meditation and felling good. A coincidence that it came on my birthday.

How has everyone else been doing?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 07:48:28 AM by dblaace »

Log

• Stubble
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2022, 04:44:38 PM »
I've just re-committed to guided meditations rather than trying to do my own thing unguided. Using one app consistently to have the streak as a motivator. "Gamifying" meditation feels a little wrong, but it is an effective motivator. Going back to guided meditations also is definitely helping me. Hopefully this will help me get back to the level of consistency I had before the pandemic.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2022, 07:12:07 PM »
thanks for the updates!

I'm finding the most success when I piggy-back yoga/breathwork/meditation all together in my morning routine. I have been using the Waking Up app and enjoying the talks they post as well.

Love the autumn for settling into more grounded routines--summer was high-energy with a lot of travel and adventures so I'm enjoying even a few cool mornings and getting into the cozy space of mindfulness, coffee and meditation early in the day.

Also re-reading Happiness by Matthieu Ricard is a good motivator plus, the book The Science of Enlightenment by Shinzen Young has been really meaningful to me. I've borrowed it twice from the library and finally ordered it in from my local bookstore as it feels like something I can keep learning from...at least at this point in my journey :)