Author Topic: One Month, One Habit  (Read 22194 times)

smilla

• Stubble
One Month, One Habit
« on: October 29, 2014, 04:18:08 PM »
Original Post

Saturday, November 1st is coming up and in a last ditch effort to accomplish some part of my 2014 resolutions, I am going to focus on developing and maintaining one habit for one month. 

If anyone would like to join me in beginning a new habit or resolve (or refocusing on an old one), whatever it might be, please post it here and join me.  I would be glad of the company and support.

My resolve for November is no screen time before 9am or after 9pm (except Friday &/or Saturday evenings) and at work: no personal internet use before 11am or after 4:30pm.  This should increase my daily productivity, my hours of sleep, my energy levels and all that should improve my mood and my mustache. 

Anyone else need to narrow it down and buckle down?  Consider the gauntlet thrown down. :)

One Month, One Habit - March (starting on page 2, reply #70)

smilla:  to do a 15 minute micro workout daily
GingerStache:  to go for a run every weekend
Ready2Go:  to get some type of exercise every single day
Mississippi Mudstache:  to go running at least 3 days/week and to beat my 9th grade mile-run mark
queenie:  to bed (lights out and electronics off) by 10 pm every night 

OMOH – February  (starting on page 2, reply #65)

smilla:  to have lights out by 11pm Sun-Thurs and to double average "productive hours" at work
GingerStache:  NO consuming caffeinated beverages whatsoever
Ready2Go:  to get some type of exercise.  every. single. day.  NO excuses

OMOH – January 2015 (starting at reply #42)

mapleseed:  to do 30 minute cardio/aerobic workout (this time of year that means walk or exercise bike) 6x/week
NewMustachian:  to go to bed before 10:30 every night, no excuses
Melody:  to be at my desk by 8 everyday and to replace 1 car or bus trip with bike ride weekly
smilla:   to maintain & expand screen-time limits and to develop & maintain a morning routine (December repeat) plus lights out by 11pm Sun-Th
Ascotillion:   to eat fermented food twice daily
Ready2Go:  to bring my lunch to work every (work)day
SCUBAstache:  NO coffee
GingerStache:  to get up every workday and do 2 exercises

OMOH – December 2014  (starting at reply #32)

MBot:  to get up by 7 a.m. weekdays
smilla:   to maintain & expand screen-time limits and to develop & maintain a morning routine
Paulie:  to NOT push the snooze button and get up immediately
cutenila:  to go to bed before 10
Calvin:  NO TV except library movies and NO computer except Xmas shopping & bill paying
Helvegen:  to consume 100-140g protein daily
tracylayton:  to give up coffee
centwise:  to add one 30-50 minute workout weekly

OMOH - November

smilla & expatartist:  to limit screen time (per first post) daily
Alabaster:  to compliment 3 people weekly
MWM1220:  to do yoga & drink a gallon of water daily
freznow: to wake up at 7:30 daily
Happy Little Chipmunk:  to do yoga 3x weekly & to meditate & drink lots of water daily
jordanread: to work out 3x weekly & to bike to work & do no wallet workdays
Bart1ma3u5:  to get to bed before midnight weeknights & drink a gallon of water daily
ScroogeMcDutch:  to meditate daily
Melody:  to replace 1 car or bus trip with bike ride weekly
Nancy:  to clean house 20 minutes daily
WESTOFTHEHUDSON:  to drink water with lemon every time I want a snack
Wanderlusting:  to study German and/or French 15 minutes daily
shawn77777:  to workout daily and clean house 20 minutes daily
ImCheap:  to quit coffee
Needle:  to completely stop drinking Coke and to ride bike 200km weekly
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:21:02 PM by smilla »

Alabaster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: One Month, One Habit
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 07:20:15 PM »
So... I've got a few that I'll probably fail within the first week of November, but I thought of one I might be able to muster!

Complement at least 3 people a week.

I'm pretty much terrified of people so it should be interesting :v

MWM1220

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:34:16 PM »
Great challenge! Mine is to do at least 15 minutes of yoga a day! Good luck everyone!

expatartist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
My resolve for November is no screen time before 9am or after 9pm (except Friday &/or Saturday evenings) and at work: no personal internet use before 11am or after 4:30pm.  This should increase my daily productivity, my hours of sleep, my energy levels and all that should improve my mood and my mustache. 

Anyone else need to narrow it down and buckle down?  Consider the gauntlet thrown down. :)

Wow - that's a good one. Been looking at ways to reduce my screen time especially at home. I like your division between personal & work, weekends and weekdays. Challenge taken for November, thanks for the inspiration :)

Ynari

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 09:10:13 PM »
I have a lot of habits I should work on, but I think the most productive one to start with will be waking up at 7:30 am EVERY DAY when my alarm goes off, instead of snoozing to the last possible minute.

I'm going to try Steve Pavlina's technique of training my subconscious while awake. http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/04/how-to-get-up-right-away-when-your-alarm-goes-off/

Happy Little Chipmunk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 11:29:51 PM »
Excellent challenge!

I've really gone off track this month with my projects. There's a lot I could focus on, but I really need to get a handle on my dermatitis...and that means I need to address general well-being issues.

So for November we're talking yoga 3X/week, daily meditation and water water water. And noticing when I am scratching and. just. stopping.

Let's see if I can kick this in a month!

jordanread

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 07:07:39 AM »
I have a lot of habits I should work on, but I think the most productive one to start with will be waking up at 7:30 am EVERY DAY when my alarm goes off, instead of snoozing to the last possible minute.

I'm going to try Steve Pavlina's technique of training my subconscious while awake. http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/04/how-to-get-up-right-away-when-your-alarm-goes-off/

You know, I've read that before, but completely forgot about it. I think I will try that. I'm a huge fan of 30 day challenges, so I'll join in, just to get back on the wagon. For me, it's going to be biking to work every day, and doing my 3x-week workout consistently. All other areas of my life seem to improve when I do this, so hopefully it'll cascade into awesomeness.

Bart1ma3u5

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
I'll join with going to bed before midnight each weeknight.

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
So... I've got a few that I'll probably fail within the first week of November, but I thought of one I might be able to muster!

Complement at least 3 people a week.

I'm pretty much terrified of people so it should be interesting :v
You can do it Alabaster and after the first time or two it will be so much easier.

Wow - that's a good one. Been looking at ways to reduce my screen time especially at home. I like your division between personal & work, weekends and weekdays. Challenge taken for November, thanks for the inspiration :)
Thank you, Expatartist for keeping me company.  I am going to get a timer to plug my wifi into at home so that it will only turn on at 9am and off again at 9pm.  Also leechblock at work; I set the new schedule of available internet yesterday.    The challenge will be not overriding these.

Great link freznow.  I will have to try that - maybe use the technique for walking away from netflix or the computer when my timer goes off.

so hopefully it'll cascade into awesomeness.
This is also my hope :)

MWM1220

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
Forgot to add this one! Drink a gallon of water a day. I've been doing it about a week now and have already seen a difference in my energy level and mindless cravings.  Hope to keep it up through November!

ScroogeMcDutch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 04:56:33 PM »
I'll pick meditate 15 minutes a day for November!

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 10:09:30 PM »
Replace at least one car trip or bus trip a week with a bike ride. Before I moved from my inner city neighbourhood to my current inner suburban one I rarley used the car, now I use it for most things except to and from work, even though the supermarket and and a number of friends are within an easy walk or ride.

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2014, 05:39:08 AM »
Pumping up the tyres now to ride to my mates Halloween bash... Saved one bus fare and one cab, about $18 in total... Cheers! Seriously I went "too far" but this challenge at least made me check the distance with Google maps and then I saw I was a pussy!

Bart1ma3u5

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 06:51:20 AM »
Forgot to add this one! Drink a gallon of water a day. I've been doing it about a week now and have already seen a difference in my energy level and mindless cravings.  Hope to keep it up through November!

I like this one as well.

jordanread

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 08:25:10 AM »
This one I might make into another Gauntlet, but I'll bring it up in here.

No Wallet Weekdays.

It's not a huge deal for me for the most part, but it's sometimes tempting to pick something up on the way to work or on the way home. Without a wallet, all your purchases must be planned in advance. Plus it has a nice ring to it.

Nancy

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2014, 08:08:42 AM »
I'm focusing on starting a regular house cleaning habit. It's the one area of my life where I haven't found a way to gamify it for myself, and  I've been letting things build up until it takes an entire day to sort everything out. Thing is that I live in a tiny apartment so keeping it clean should be easy if I do a little bit each day.

I'm going to follow this if anyone wants to join: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/how-to-clean-your-house-in-20-minutes-a-day-for-30-days-131142
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:18:35 PM by Nancy »

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »
Pumping up the tyres now to ride to my mates Halloween bash... Saved one bus fare and one cab, about $18 in total... Cheers! Seriously I went "too far" but this challenge at least made me check the distance with Google maps and then I saw I was a pussy!
Good on you for starting early!

It's only Day 3 but it is going well.  Having a timer on my wifi at home is definitely the key as it "reminds" me of the rules before I break them. 

I thought I'd make a list here of all the goals:

Happy Little Chipmunk:  to do yoga 3x weekly & to meditate & drink lots of water daily
Bart1ma3u5:  to get to bed before midnight weeknights & drink a gallon of water daily

I hope you all have got off to a good start!

eta WEST...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:03:44 PM by smilla »

Nancy

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 06:23:47 PM »
Day1= success I was surprised at how quickly the time went, yet how much I was able to do. Having defined tasks for the time helped a lot, as did listening to music. Have to admit that I considered not starting until tomorrow, but this challenge kept me honest. Rock on

WESTOFTHEHUDSON

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 09:10:05 PM »
I think this could be great (even if I noticed it a few days after the first of the month). I'm going to drink a glass of water with lemon juice every time I think I want a snack.

With pre-schoolers, I frequently grab a snack when I'm really just frustrated or want 5 mins of peace. If I can overcome stress snacking, that will be a huge improvement for me.

Nancy

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2014, 11:21:33 AM »
Day 2= super success. I had plans last night so I was worried I wasn't going to be able to squeeze in the cleaning, but I set my alarm and started the music and was able to get 'er done before I headed out. I can't believe how much easier it is to clean this way. Sorry that I'm clogging up the challenge with my updates. Felt like I had to share the good word.

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2014, 02:27:43 PM »
No apologies necessary, Nancy.  Yay for your success!

I am doing well too.  I figure I am cutting out 2-3 hours of screen time a day and so far it is translating to catching up on laundry & cleaning, reading and sleep.  I feel much more relaxed and ... serene, I guess.  No "cascade into awesomeness" yet, but at this rate I have high hopes that it will AS LONG AS I maintain the habit.

My Achilles' heel though is distractibility.  Just. Got. To. Focus. On. The. One. Habit.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 02:29:19 PM by smilla »

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2014, 12:28:36 PM »
I was away on a short trip and didn't make an effort to keep the habit while I was gone but now I am back to my regular scheduled programming. 

How is everyone else doing with their habits?

jordanread

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »
How is everyone else doing with their habits?
Not doing well with the workouts, but I've been rocking the biking into work and no-wallet-weekdays. Almost at a new record for miles in a month.

Wanderlusting

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
I wanted to join in on this, a couple weeks late, but better late then never. For November I want to put in time to learn a language everyday, just to maintain the habit. Right now i'm focusing on German, but I was studying French in fits and starts, so i'm gonna try and do a bit of both daily. I'm thinking about an 30-60 minutes a day, but at a minimum 15 minutes.

There's other habits i'm working on, but I think the idea of focusing on developing one consciously at a time will be more productive in the long run.

shawn77777

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 06:57:15 PM »
Workout everyday and I'm gonna do the house cleaning idea posted by Nancy!

ImCheap

• Stubble
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 02:48:00 PM »
I'm quitting coffee this month. I did not start drinking coffee until latter in life, can't recall why I started to be honest. I feel better if I don't drink it but I keep on drinking it anyway. Creatures of habit we are!

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:16 PM »
I thought I'd make a list here of all the goals:

Also adding
Wanderlusting:  to study German and/or French 15 minutes daily
shawn77777:  to workout daily and clean house 20 minutes daily
ImCheap:  to quit coffee

Welcome newcomers! 

Not doing well with the workouts, but I've been rocking the biking into work and no-wallet-weekdays. Almost at a new record for miles in a month.
I hope you have now left the record in the dust!

I have cheated a few times on my screen time (usually on weekends) but overall it is going very well.  There is at least a trickle of awesomeness occurring.  My house is almost completely picked up (just the kitchen to go), I am getting reasonable amounts of sleep and I am slowly developing a more contemplative morning routine.

ScroogeMcDutch

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2014, 05:01:09 AM »
I have failed.

Unfortunately due to work pressure, and some personal problems my mind has not been in the right mindset for meditating, and when I tried I could not calm down. You could say, that's exactly when one should meditate and clear up, but I also know and learned from others that if you want to get into the habit, you should be in calmer waters than I was in beginning of the month.

It does feel like nancy, wussy excuses though, and I do not like to fail, or to admit I have failed. For next month, I will pick a more easily attainable goal.

frompa

• Bristles
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 06:16:46 AM »
Hey ScroogeMcDutch - I hate to tell you, but it's only November 19 -- you've got plenty of time to salvage the month and no reason to throw in the towel.  Even if you only meet your goal one third or one quarter of the time, you'll have improved your situation over not doing anything. Incremental success is totally acceptable.  Get back on it!

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2014, 03:41:37 PM »
Work has threw a spanner in the works for me and has posted me off-site for 2 weeks of this month (WAYYYY to far to ride) however I am still on target (just). I have ridden 1x to a friends party, 1x to a free community "street party" (this was really a great day and I had a very low spend weekend that weekend to boot!) and 1x to the grocery store (using my mum's bike when I was staying there for the weekend, so a bit more challenging than from my own house, it's more like a 4 mile round trip as they live in a very car dependent community).
The challenge has gotten me to remember riding is an option. I also had a nice conversation with someone who bike commutes at work. I was previously put off because the short way (7 miles there and back) had loads of traffic and the long way (there and back) was 11 miles and that was actually making me super tired and didn't feel very achievable, especially as I play sport a few times a week too and it was taking away from that. He said what his wife did when she started was just ride one direction and bus the other until her fitness had improved enough to do the return direction. I'm going to give this a shot once I am back in the office next week. Now it's summer it's also light earlier/later so it's more appealing.

shawn77777

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »
Well the working out is going great gonna have to make up some of the cleaning time this wknd!

Needle

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
One Month, One Habit
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2014, 03:35:03 AM »
I have a new habit started in November and this is to completely stop drinking Coke. I used to drink Zero Coke to avoid the calories, but I've completed stopped since Nov and I have to say that it feels great. You save money by not buying any Coke, and  I'm degassing at the same time. Makes you feel lighter

Another habit I started is riding my bike at least for 200 km every week. I commute daily and I have a roundtrip of 40 km.

MBot

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »
For December; to get up by 7 a.m. every weekday morning. Usually I sleep in till 7:30 on work days or later for other days

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
For December; to get up by 7 a.m. every weekday morning. Usually I sleep in till 7:30 on work days or later for other days

I'm so glad you posted MBot!  You've motivated me to get off my duff and commit. 

For December I will maintain my November habit (no screens before 9am or after 9pm) but extend my screen-free time at work (no screen before 11:30 workdays and none after 4 at the office) and also keep screen-free Sundays.  For my new habit, I will develop and maintain a morning routine that starts with me getting out of bed between 6:30 and 7:00.

Paulie

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2014, 02:16:45 AM »
Missed this thread last month, but for December my goal is to not push the snoozze button and get up immediately. Thanks Freznow for the link of Steve Pavlina website, I'll try that! Btw, my alarm usually goes off at 5:50.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 03:26:05 AM »
Will do this habit for Dec: go to bed before 10. I missed it the first two days, will do it from today. Need the earlier bed time for sanity!!

Calvin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014, 06:01:37 AM »
I was inspired by the book "Better Off" by Eric Brende. For Dec my goal is, no TV unless I personally go to the library to borrow a movie and finally get that library card again(recently moved) and no computer with a few exceptions to buy presents online or pay utilities. I still do have my iPhone, but I don't spend too much time on it.

Time to figure out more constructive ways to fill my time after work!

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2014, 12:48:24 PM »
I modified the first post in the thread to keep track of all the habits and make it easier for newcomers to see where we are at.

It looks like early to bed and early to rise are common themes this month.

So far, I have been doing very well on the getting up part of my December habit, but not so much on the routine part.  I get up and then just sit in bed for an hour, drinking tea.  As for the screen-time limits... some cheating mostly due to Christmas shopping but that is more or less complete so I should be able to get back on track.  Sunday will be a test though.

Have a good weekend!

Helvegen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2014, 05:50:29 PM »
I have hit my goal weight, but am 'skinnyfat'. My lower body is OK from lots of hiking and incline treadmill, but my upper body is a disaster area. I'd probably lose an arm wrestling match with a two year old.

So, I started lifting this week. The physical work is fine. The hard part is the diet. 100-140g of protein a day to build muscle. I guess I have to get some supplement shakes because I don't see how I can cram that in. I'm going to have to though.

Habit for this month: 100-140g protein a day

tracylayton

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2014, 03:17:38 PM »
I gave up coffee for a month...drank a cup of hot cocoa instead.

centwise

• Stubble
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2014, 03:53:56 PM »
Great idea for a thread! I want to add one 30-50 minute at-home exercise session to my weekly routine. So, either one exercise video or a session on the elliptical trainer (per week). I know, it doesn't sound like much, but every little bit helps.

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 02:01:29 PM »
Helvegen & centwise, way to get a jump on healthy habits before January rolls in. 

Tracylayton I added you to the December list but I may have misunderstood.  Let me know if you wish to be removed.  :)

NewMustachian

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 05:10:26 AM »
I'm in too! My habit will be to go to bed before 10:30 every night, no excuses.  Going to bed late and waking up early is really taking a toll on my mood. 

jordanread

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 09:39:02 AM »
A quick piece of advice for those of you who are working on sleep things. I used to (and still occasionally do) have trouble sleeping and did a fair amount of research on sleep cycles and what not. One of the single most successful things I did was reduce the amount of artificial light (specifically blue light) as it prevents the body from generating melatonin. Limiting your screen time after dark, using natural light (fire doesn't seem to do this), or installing an app that modifies the spectrum on your devices (like f.lux) can make a huge difference.

Just a suggestion. Even just switching off the devices an hour before bed time will make a difference. You can also get amber glasses to help. I was going to put a bunch of links to studies, but they are pretty prolific, so here is the google search. Best of luck with all of your challenges, I will continue doing challenges every month as well.

One that was really good for my bottom line, and was pretty interesting to do, was drinking nothing but water (lemon allowed) for 30 days. No Coffee, no booze, etc. It was pretty interesting.

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2014, 07:35:59 PM »
January: be at my desk by 8 everyday. Early in : early out at my workplace and with the days being longer now its worth escaping on time to hit the beach or river after work.

Melody

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2014, 07:37:37 PM »
My November biking challenge went badly (thanks work for posting me at a far away vendor site for 2 weeks) but I have been riding a little since 1.November and I had barely ridden at all in my new house. So I guess I will be continuing the bike stuff too.

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2015, 10:50:33 AM »
Happy New Year!

My January habit will be a reboot of December's as I didn't even get on that wagon, nevermind falling off, but I will add the exception of my old e-reader to screen-free Sundays. 

For December I will maintain my November habit (no screens before 9am or after 9pm) but extend my screen-free time at work (no screen before 11:30 workdays and none after 4 at the office) and also keep screen-free Sundays.  For my new habit, I will develop and maintain a morning routine that starts with me getting out of bed between 6:30 and 7:00.

ETA: I want add to my habit, lights out by 11pm Sunday to Thursday weekly.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:53:27 PM by smilla »

boy_bye

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2015, 11:23:36 AM »

What strategies have worked for this one?? I think I'd have to lock the laptop/iPad away!

hmmm ... maybe you can put your internet router at home on a timer, so it's only on between 9 and 9?

smilla

• Stubble
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2015, 11:24:25 AM »
I'm in! Resolutions don't work for me at all, but I'd like 2015 to be a year of some personal improvement. I actually came up with 12 "one month/one habit" goals a few days ago. Some of them are more like experiments, to be continued only if I see positive outcomes, but others are habits that I know I should be sticking with. I am trying to do a little journaling as well to see where and how each month's changes affect my life, in terms of everything from weight to energy level, sleep quality to asthma control, and more esoteric qualities like peace of mind and feelings of social connectedness. My husband is doing the same, some of our goals are different, but we'll try to line up the shared ones for the same months. To start off the year, basics first: 30 minute cardio/aerobic workout (this time of year that means walk or exercise bike) 6x/week for January.

Thanks for the kickstart! I had this idea floating around in the back of my head, but having a place to post and report in will be great!

I think the journaling or some form of tracking is a great idea.  I might try that too, maybe I'll take a minute before I get out of bed in the morning to note how the previous day went and remind me of my habits for the day ahead.

A quick piece of advice for those of you who are working on sleep things. I used to (and still occasionally do) have trouble sleeping and did a fair amount of research on sleep cycles and what not. One of the single most successful things I did was reduce the amount of artificial light (specifically blue light) as it prevents the body from generating melatonin. Limiting your screen time after dark, using natural light (fire doesn't seem to do this), or installing an app that modifies the spectrum on your devices (like f.lux) can make a huge difference.

Just a suggestion. Even just switching off the devices an hour before bed time will make a difference. You can also get amber glasses to help. I was going to put a bunch of links to studies, but they are pretty prolific, so here is the google search.

+1

One that was really good for my bottom line, and was pretty interesting to do, was drinking nothing but water (lemon allowed) for 30 days. No Coffee, no booze, etc. It was pretty interesting.

Ha, not sure I could give up caffeine & alcohol in the same month but I do Sober October annually and have given up caffeine for awhile here and there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 02:07:35 PM by smilla »

Joan-eh?

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »

What strategies have worked for this one?? I think I'd have to lock the laptop/iPad away!

hmmm ... maybe you can put your internet router at home on a timer, so it's only on between 9 and 9?
 Is that possible? Cool
Then the whole family would have to be off ;-)