Author Topic: One (small) good deed a day 2024  (Read 21767 times)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
Re: One (small) good deed a day 2022
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2022, 09:33:13 PM »
SGDOTD: I went to an event tonight and the ladies' room beforehand was pretty busy... and, annoyingly, two of the three sinks had no soap in the dispenser. This caused quite a backup. There was also a hand sanitizer dispenser on the wall for people who didn't want to wash their hands with water (I guess?). Anyway, after I waited my turn for the only working soap and washed up, I noticed a lady with a broken foot who clearly didn't want to deal with the whole waiting-in-line-for-soap-in-a-crowded-bathroom situation, and was trying to use the sanitizer instead since it was off to the other side. She'd already had to come down to the basement to use the restroom on her broken foot, super annoying. And now? Sanitizer is also empty! She gave up and left in a huff without being able to clean her hands. I wasn't far behind her so I caught up to her and offered her the sanitizer I keep in my bag, which she seemed really thankful for. :-)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2022, 08:17:29 AM »
A woman left her watch on the dock after swimming, so I yelled after her to let her know (she had a bicycle).

-a small thing but stands out since I'm generally not a yeller and she was happy to not lose her watch :)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2022, 09:19:26 AM »
-I helped a lost hiker at the nature preserve (I was on a run, and she was going in circles).
-I picked up my first Too Good to Go order, and there was so much bread! More than we could ever eat. We kept one loaf (which was, triple the size of a normal loaf), & I dropped another loaf off at a friend's house, and gave another away on Buy Nothing. Very glad to keep food from waste, and for being realistic enough to know that we wouldn't get through it all quickly.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2022, 08:45:25 PM »
We ordered pizza tonight, and the pizza place pit the wrong toppings on our pizza, so they remade it and gave us both. My mom lives pretty close to the pizza place, so I called her and offered to drop off the extra pizza to her. She wasn't feeling well, so she was happy to not have to worry about dinner.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2022, 01:51:50 AM »
I have been traveling, and I encountered a nonfunctional charging station and a train locker with a broken lock.  I used a bit of a receipt (did not have paper the first time) and a post-it note to mark each one BROKEN to prevent the frustration that I went through, and hopefully alert workers that they need fixing.

Nice work to everyone for the random bits of kindness you've been sharing! The world hits us with so much random badness so it's lovely to see the opposite happening.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2022, 03:58:22 PM »
Went to a quiet, somewhat secretive spot to read/set up a hammock and shortly after arriving a young couple came. I got the impression that it was an first date or something of the sort. So I decided to set up my hammock elsewhere and left them to enjoy the swimming spot  :)

potovaregina

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2022, 06:12:00 PM »
I'm in :-)

Nice job giving blood, there is a blood shortage where I live but I don't think I'm allowed to donate (plus I have apparently got the world's worst veins).

I'm not sure I have a lot to report from this year so far, we're just getting over the peak Omicron surge and I've mostly been isolating at home since I have an immune deficiency. I just got my booster (long after most folks, due to the way immune deficient people got their shots spaced out in the US) so hopefully will be out and about more with other humans soon. :-)

I did send another immune-deficient friend a little care package with some extra home COVID test kits and some other stuff he said he could use, he's having multiple surgeries this winter and also has a kid in school so it's a pretty rough time. It was a worrying experience since about a third of the people in the post office weren't bothering to wear masks...
lole kara

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2022, 11:43:37 AM »
Helped assemble soccer goals, and then disassemble them at the end of the day. I would have done it anyway, but it does count toward my volunteer hours of our soccer club. Setting them up is quite an effort, and there are weighted sandbags that need to be carried quite a distance. I traded jobs with someone who was struggling with more of the manual labor portion.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2022, 07:06:34 AM »
Met someone new yesterday who turned out to be another passionate gardener. She obviously enjoyed the garden tour and I gave her a rare bi-colored tropical plant that she hadn't encountered before and fell in love with and a handful of seeds for a Moringa tree.

She also had a client that wanted a climbing vine that can take the Florida sun up on a rooftop gazebo and I was able to help with that as well.
(Red passionflower, easy, prolific and a butterfly magnet and host without destroying the plant.)

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2022, 09:03:34 AM »
A really small one:
I spotted a football behind my shed and put it on top of the wall adjoining my neighbor's yard so her kids can retrieve it.  They probably thought it was lost so I'm glad to let them see it and take it back. 

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2022, 08:43:44 AM »
Ordered curbside grocery pick up Friday evening and a sudden, hard rain shower started during my pick up time. The lady next to me and I both got out to help our delivery person put the groceries in our cars faster. None of the delivery people had rain gear as it was not expected that day. I noticed several other customers did not assist with their own groceries and it broke my heart a little for humanity.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #111 on: September 06, 2022, 07:05:27 PM »
-helped with some invasive plant removal from our local trails
-checked in on a friend who is going through a rough time
-sent a recipe to friends who had requested them (herbed salsa verde--yum!)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »
Nice article, thanks for sharing :-)

I've been short on good deeds lately since I haven't got much bandwidth right now, but someone did one for me yesterday: they reached out and asked if they could help out with some rides (since I don't have a car) for me or my parents after my mom's surgery. That was very thoughtful!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2022, 09:18:27 AM »
@Dollar Slice —it’s also so nice to be on the receiving end from a kind deed :)

-Yesterday I saw that someone had left a bag of garbage outside of the shed and animals had torn it apart and spread the food waste everywhere. I managed to find some gloves and clean it up.
-heard about someone having a very hard time with covid-anxiety and popped them a note just to connect and check in

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2022, 09:08:53 PM »
Yesterday, I worked a shift at the Farmer's Market on behalf of a Community Board I'm on. I noticed the caricature artist was pretty slow, despite excellent overall traffic. However, as we were packing up to leave, I noticed he had a client.

Today, I was walking with my walking partner in the same area. We were on the other side of the street and noticed an odd-looking pile. On closer inspection, I recognized it as the artist's gear. His folding chair, easel, sketchbook, pastels, paints and other paraphernalia were strewn about. Some of it was in the gutter, which had a small amount of moisture in it, which, alas, sketchbook had soaked up. There was even a bag of food. I recognized it, because a few vendors had been passing out their leftovers among the other vendors at the end. I picked up the open chalk container and gathered all the strewn chalks into it. Then I picked up everything else and put it to rights as best I could. My friend called the people who operate the market, so hopefully, his things will be returned to him, assuming he's okay, which is not at all certain at this point. I hope he didn't get mugged. There's safety in numbers* and he was definitely not packing up when everyone else did.

*After a busy day, it's pretty obvious that a lot of vendors have piles of cash on them.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2022, 09:34:23 PM »
Oh no, I hope he's OK :-(  Give us an update if you find out!

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2022, 02:55:22 PM »
Shared the bounty of our Avocado tree with two of our neighbors.
Mr. R. harvested too and took a big brown paper grocery bag of Avocadoes to work to share. (always well received):)

Made my special (homemade - German) pancakes, with extra homemade whipping cream and cherries in Brandy for a friend who has too much to do and no time to cook. She's been stressing out a bit.   

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2022, 08:06:46 PM »
@Rosy —a bag of avocados..what a dream!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2022, 01:25:05 PM »
@Dicey - any updates on the artist? Fingers crossed everything was okay.

It was really rainy today (which, we desperately need, & I'm grateful for!), & I helped an elderly woman to the car with her groceries. It was a few trips, to and from the store covered area, and she was really appreciative.

Dicey

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2022, 01:41:08 PM »
@Dicey - any updates on the artist? Fingers crossed everything was okay.

It was really rainy today (which, we desperately need, & I'm grateful for!), & I helped an elderly woman to the car with her groceries. It was a few trips, to and from the store covered area, and she was really appreciative.
Oh, boy. He's okay. Apparently he is "on the spectrum"* and simply walked away from his stuff. The Farmer's Market staff is required to clean up everything before they leave, so they dismantled his stuff and piled it on the sidewalk. I'm guessing passers-by messed with it a bit. By the end of the day when I saw it, everything was gone. I'm going to guess that the city sent someone out to clean it up, because piling it on a corner does not satisfy their requirement that the Farmer's Market staff leave nothing behind. IMO, the FM crew dropped the ball, but apparently they're having trouble finding staff these days... To clarify, a couple of blocks of city streets are closed off for the market, hence the requirement for full clean-up.

I have to guess he's done similar before and that his things can be relatively easily replaced. I just hoped he was okay and hated to see the waste of his materials and food ruined.

*Not my words. That's an actual quote.

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2022, 03:20:37 PM »
I gave up my seat on transit to a street person (or very close to a street person) who was holding her little dog and trying to manage a very large shopping bag.  Way easier for me to stand than someone with a dog. 

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2022, 07:52:25 PM »
Saw some folks on bikes who were confused at a trail intersection so I stopped to offer directions as one of them was biking off in the wrong direction from their intended destination :)

elderflower100

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2022, 07:53:30 PM »
We went on a river hike on this lovely fall day.  I picked up trash on the way back (though I really wish people wouldn't litter in the first place).

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2022, 08:20:51 PM »
There was no one helping at the welcome table at church, so I volunteered.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2022, 09:07:37 PM »
I was at a small event at my friend's art gallery... my friend was busy in the back office with a group of people, and I saw an older woman come in the front door using crutches. There were no seats left, and she just leaned on a windowsill rather than trying to ask someone for help. I went over to ask if she would like me to look for a chair for her, and she said that would be great. So I went back to the storage area and found one, carried it out and got it set up where she wanted to sit. (Backup plan was my friend who offered to give up his chair - but I was pretty sure there were more in the back.)

I also agreed to send out text message updates to all my mom's friends and selected favorite extended family members to let them know how she's doing post-op so they don't have to sit around wondering if she's OK or if it's too soon to text her/bother her in the hospital.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #126 on: September 20, 2022, 09:57:59 AM »

I have to guess he's done similar before and that his things can be relatively easily replaced. I just hoped he was okay and hated to see the waste of his materials and food ruined.

*Not my words. That's an actual quote.

Ouch! I hope so, too.

@Serendip, thank you for sharing the article! That's just what we on this thread feel too-- sometimes there are little things we can do that can make a big difference to somebody else's life.

@pachnik  and @Dollar Slice, thank you for offering a seat to those who needed it-- sometimes that can add a "spoon" back to a person who is low on reserves. @MaybeBabyMustache, same!

@Freedomin5 It's been so hard to find volunteers in the past year, so I'm sure that your help was well appreciated!

@elderflower100 in your honor, I'm going to remember to bring a bag to collect litter when I walk my daughter home from school today.

Hmm, for me... I've been helping a friend who has been taking an organic chemistry class for her nursing degree. She has been working hard, but sometimes the online software used for homework submission is cranky, so she needs a little reassurance and another head to help her figure out whether the problem is the software or her answers. I've seen her work her way up from a HS equivalency degree to this point, and I'm very proud of her!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #127 on: September 20, 2022, 10:06:10 AM »
Oh, @Poundwise - love the way you are helping! Not mine, but I'm loving it. My husband speaks a moderately unusual language, and has helped our school district translate last minute communication for a family who recently moved to the area. My two sons speak very little of the same language, but have been able to help a school mate in class. They are taking an art class together, and while the student knows a lot of English, art terms are more complicated. My husband made them a list of terms they might be able to use together, and they are helping him about with instructions & projects. Teamwork!

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2022, 09:20:59 PM »
Managed to not cancel a previous commitment to help out at an event my friend was organizing tonight. Mom's surgery was yesterday and it was kind of up in the air whether I would have to cancel last minute. But the only helpers he had were elderly/infirm (they were doing things like selling tickets and merch), so he would have been doing 100% of the lifting and carrying and physical stuff himself if I didn't come. I managed to be there at the end for the cleaning up and getting everything broken down and put away by a curfew, which is probably the toughest part of the evening.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #129 on: October 04, 2022, 05:48:14 AM »
My friend’s sister has cancer and has just undergone her third surgery in 3 years to remove the tumor. I told my friend about the book entitled Anti-Cancer, and she borrowed it from her library.

Teachers from DD’s wealthy international school were throwing away tons of imported English books because they were old and they had newer books — we’re talking about Scholastic and other well-known educational leveled books. I asked if I could take them all. My sister works for a school for orphans in Cambodia, so she and I spent about 3 hours on a video call sorting through the books. Good thing we did that, because one of the books was about refugees and included a photo of an orphan child from the Khmer Rouge period which would have been extremely triggering for the kids as some of those kids lost their parents in that conflict.

This past week, I mailed two big boxes of books to Cambodia. Cost ~USD$250, but honestly, the shipping costs are less than what it would cost to purchase the books new from the US. Plus, we saved 32kg of books from the landfill.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2022, 09:13:14 AM »
Noticed a black purse in a shopping cart at the grocery store parking lot.  No one else around.  I took the purse back inside to the customer service desk and they thanked me.  I hope it got reunited with its owner.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2022, 11:53:54 AM »
Helping my neighbor who runs a cat sanctuary this weekend. She'd planned on selling her passion fruit jam at a free to her, local event, to spread the word and benefit her charity but it never happened because of hurricane Ian.

She was talking about setting up a table streetside. We are in a high-traffic area so it should do well.
I volunteered to help with the setup, get some colorful balloons, and convinced her to add her glass bottle wind chimes she made for another event.
Plus I offered to add some baby plants for sale and donate the proceeds.
If we still have Avocadoes from our tree this Saturday I can add a big bowl of them into the mix.
Fingers crossed it will go well.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2022, 02:00:13 PM »
Love reading these updates!

-Helped an elderly neighbor repair her mop.
-Gave many rides to kids, to save parents time.
-Noticed folks looking for Halloween costumes on Buy Nothing, so went through all of ours, checked with the teens, and donated all of them. Double benefit of keeping things out of the trash. On a similar note, it's homecoming season here, so went through & found an old dressy clutch. Gave that away as well.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #133 on: October 06, 2022, 04:14:13 AM »
Shared my Lindt chocolate with a coworker who was having a tough day.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2022, 06:03:46 PM »
Spent the last week visiting my parents and doing some heavy firewood chopping/moving

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2022, 07:26:29 AM »
Some updates:
Yesterday I received, and planted in pots, 5 nuts from the local chapter of the American Chestnut Foundation. I don't have room for more than 1 or 2 chestnut trees, but I am giving 3 to a friend.

Unfortunately the squirrels ate all of my chestnut seedlings, and my friends' seedlings too! We'll try again next spring, this time with wire cages around the pots.
Speaking of unintended good deeds to squirrels and deer, I got a bunch of pawpaw fruits this week and shared them with several other people in a native plants group I joined.  Hopefully we'll see lots of pawpaw trees growing around town: locally grown food!

A local mom is collecting Easter baskets for Ukrainian refugee children who are now in Poland, so I just found three pretty little baskets in my attic. My children and I will fill them and drop them off at her house. I generally think these collections of things are useless and burdensome when sent overseas, but she's Ukrainian and may know whom to send them to.  Hopefully they arrive in time for Orthodox Easter.
Although I wasn't doing this for the feels, I did receive some amazing photos of the kids with the baskets!  Unfortunately it looked like big kids were getting baskets with babyish toys and vice versa; if I have occasion to do something like this again I will label them with suggested ages.

Today I'm going to Costco to pick up supplies for the Midnight Run that my church is sponsoring soon. According to friends in Manhattan, the number of homeless is tremendous right now due to certain governors' irresponsible actions.

My goal this fall is to recruit volunteers. In every group I'm in, volunteering and donations are very down and need is up. I feel that in order to get through these rough times, we need more people coming together to contribute and build the pie, not people hunkering down and protecting their own slice.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2022, 09:08:44 AM »
Noticed my neighbor's sprinkler system was leaking, while she was out of town. The teens & I headed over to her yard, sorted it out, & contacted her. (We help her out a lot, as she's elderly & on her own.)

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »
Helped someone get where they were going on the bus, she asked me a question about it and seemed extremely unfamiliar with the route so I made sure to point out the right stop when we got there.

I've been keeping an eye on vaccine news because I know two people who are allergic to mRNA vaccines who were hoping to get the Novavax booster when it was approved. It was approved today so I sent them notes as soon as it was announced. One of them wrote back immediately that they think they've found a place to get it tomorrow and are very relieved since they are going on a long flight in two weeks. (PSA in case anyone here knows someone in the same boat: Novavax is made in the same tried-and-true way as the previous generation of vaccines like shingles, hepatitis and HPV. So if someone reacted to mRNA vaccines or has a specific allergy to an ingredient in the Pfizer/Moderna vax, but has never reacted to a vaccine before - they can check with their doctor about getting Novavax instead.)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2022, 09:44:03 AM »
Picked up some garbage on a walk and made an effort to ask a coworker about a housing situation..I am an introvert but am working on social engagement.

Also tried to helped my SO with a project right when he asked about it rather than put it off.

Here is a commencement speak advocating for kindness..I think that it’s a good fit for this thread
https://archive.nytimes.com/6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/07/31/george-saunderss-advice-to-graduates/

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2022, 06:24:51 AM »
I delivered a few groceries to a disabled person in need. With the cost of food skyrocketing, the number of people on disability that need a little help (especially toward the end of the month) is rising too.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 05:59:03 PM by Prairie Gal »

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2022, 09:58:02 AM »
Gifted kale from the garden (and a mint plant) to folks that I work with.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2022, 04:05:56 PM »
I was on a 2/3-full subway coming home from the doctor/errands today and when I saw a woman get on with a big armful of oversized flower arrangements and vases, I moved my bags off the seat next to me and offered her the extra space (two seats instead of just one) to put her things down. I figured she needed to put her flowers down more than my bags.

On the downside, she said something to me that I didn't catch 100% because of the train noise, but I heard something about "a celebration" so I gave her a big cheerful grin, and then my ears and brain caught up to each other and I realized she had told me she had just been to a celebration of life service and now she probably thinks I'm a psychopath. Whoops. I had a mask on, so maybe for the first time in my life I benefited from someone not seeing me smiling at them?

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2022, 08:39:06 PM »
I was on a 2/3-full subway coming home from the doctor/errands today and when I saw a woman get on with a big armful of oversized flower arrangements and vases, I moved my bags off the seat next to me and offered her the extra space (two seats instead of just one) to put her things down. I figured she needed to put her flowers down more than my bags.

On the downside, she said something to me that I didn't catch 100% because of the train noise, but I heard something about "a celebration" so I gave her a big cheerful grin, and then my ears and brain caught up to each other and I realized she had told me she had just been to a celebration of life service and now she probably thinks I'm a psychopath. Whoops. I had a mask on, so maybe for the first time in my life I benefited from someone not seeing me smiling at them?

Ha, that type of thing happens to us all!  Still it was nice to do, and maybe she was distracted enough that she didn't notice the inappropriate grin.

Small thing I did: brownie mix and pasta were on sale so I picked up extra and dropped off to food drive. 

Small thing I tried to do: I've been trying to help an acquaintance, a single mother facing eviction; I reached out to someone I know who works for the Assemblyman of the district where the acquaintance needing help lives.  So we got somebody to call her, and hopefully help her find housing and maybe a job.  But problems of that magnitude are not so easy to solve; she has personality issues which make it hard to stay housed and employed.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2022, 09:19:09 PM »
Gave a bag of persimmons from my tree to a woman from my church. She loves persimmons and was thrilled.

Dollar Slice

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2022, 09:57:18 PM »
I randomly ran into a friend tonight who was saying that due to supply chain issues, she hadn't been able to get a very specific small toiletry item in time for her trip out of town next week. She'd been looking everywhere. I happened to have bought a big pack of them a few weeks ago and was carrying some in my bag, unopened. So I gave it to her to take on her trip. :-)

Small thing I tried to do: I've been trying to help an acquaintance, a single mother facing eviction; I reached out to someone I know who works for the Assemblyman of the district where the acquaintance needing help lives.  So we got somebody to call her, and hopefully help her find housing and maybe a job.  But problems of that magnitude are not so easy to solve; she has personality issues which make it hard to stay housed and employed.

That's a tough nut to crack. I had an acquaintance in a similar situation - she was sort of childlike (emotionally) and could be difficult to deal with, but she was a good person at heart. I can't imagine her ever managing to hold down a job. But they make it so tough to get qualified as "disabled" for something like that.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2022, 11:45:16 AM »
Nice to read these updates, all attempts count 💚

Made a little care package  for a distant relative who I heard was having some serious anxiety. There isn’t much I can do but figured it’s nice to be cared for, even from a distance.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2022, 08:32:17 AM »
On my Buy Nothing group, someone was looking for an old phone for a food pantry. Dug out an option, and volunteered for the food pantry, because I've serendipitously been looking for one who needs consistent volunteers.

Indio

• Bristles
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2022, 09:03:52 AM »
Spent hours volunteering with the local conservation commission chopping down and removing invasive Phragmites, at a large brackish water pond. Three high school environmental science classes volunteered also. It was nice to see kids helping to keep the community lovely and learning why it was important to protect the ecosystem where they live. When science teachers give extra credit to motivate kids, it makes the community stronger. To top it off, a local environmental lawyer offered money to kids who stayed the longest, which kept 8 of them there till the invasive plants were eliminated.

pachnik

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2022, 03:29:22 PM »
I love reading these. 
Here is mine.  We went to check on my parents during a power outage to see if they needed help with anything.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #149 on: November 08, 2022, 08:22:11 PM »
Offered to help with directions today when I saw a woman and her elderly mother glancing around trying to figure out where they were.  They actually were just out wandering and not completely lost but it felt nice to offer anyhow.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!