Author Topic: No Restaurant November!  (Read 3129 times)

Eric222

• Pencil Stache
No Restaurant November!
« on: October 29, 2015, 06:08:21 AM »
I have a bit of a lazy restaurant habit.  I never go out to nice restaurants - that habit was easy to break.  But I tend to waste money at lunch on buying food.

My goal is to not spend money in a Restaurant in November (with the exception of a meal with family over Thanksgiving that is in my vacation budget).  Cold turkey is the best way for me to shatter old habits.

Anyone else up for the challenge?

Salivanth

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: No Restaurant November!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 07:49:30 PM »
I already don't go out to restaurants, so I'll extend the challenge to "any food or drink not purchased from a grocery store to be consumed later".

That said, I've started bringing my own water when I go out, but I still need another bottle or two for that to have a good supply. I know a place that sells water bottles for $1, so my goal this month will be to spend no more than $2 on non-grocery food/drink.

YogiKitti

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 03:32:14 PM »
I'm doing this. We don't go out to eat often, but our favorite restaurant is not cheap so it adds up.

I'm also cutting out junk food this month too!

Eric222

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »
I'm also cutting out junk food this month too!

Too many changes at once for me!  I think if I cut out junk food, I might fall over.

JZinCO

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 04:33:59 PM »
I'm in!
I disappointed myself last month when expenses towards restaurants exceeded the grocer 5x!

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 09:52:26 AM »
I have a bit of a lazy restaurant habit.  I never go out to nice restaurants - that habit was easy to break.  But I tend to waste money at lunch on buying food.

My goal is to not spend money in a Restaurant in November (with the exception of a meal with family over Thanksgiving that is in my vacation budget).  Cold turkey is the best way for me to shatter old habits.

Anyone else up for the challenge?

I'm in. I've had no restaurant / fast food since September, and I am feeling good about avoiding overpriced and unhealthy food for November.

JZinCO

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 10:47:11 AM »
So far so good...

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 11:48:48 AM »
I'm in. I don't eat out much but because I work far from home for six weeks at the time, I tend to over-indulge when I get back home for my two weeks off with my frugal wife who deserves it, and a few not-so-frugal friends who eat out practically every second day and go to coffee shops every day. November should be easy, I started my six-week stint on November 1 and will only return home December 18.

cityfolks

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
    • domestic8
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 12:39:46 PM »
I'm in - one of my Nospender goals is not to spend money on food that's not an ingredient in something/doesn't need some prepping. Maybe Salivanth said it best.

CmFtns

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »
I'll join, cool challenge... but I haven't bought a meal out in almost 4 months now so definitely planed on keeping that streak through November =)

Eating out seems to be the hardest things to cut out for a lot of people on here so I'm glad to see some people taking up this challenge

GuitarStv

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »
I haven't spent money in a restaurant since July, November shouldn't be much of a challenge.  :P