Author Topic: November Cycling Challenge 2016  (Read 2848 times)

jordanread

November Cycling Challenge 2016
« on: November 01, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »
The cycling challenge for November 2016 is up and ready for you to start (or continue) riding!!
If you logged miles last month, and selected "Remember Me" on the form, you have been added to this month's sheet already.

If you didn't log miles last month, or are a new participant
Click here to fill out the form.
You can access the sheet directly at this link.
I can manually grab your historical data too, so if it's off, just let me know.  If they aren't there within a day, or you have any other issues with the sheet, hit me up via email, Google+ Hangouts, PM, or just comment on this thread.
Happy biking!!

Rubyvroom

• Bristles
Re: November Cycling Challenge 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 06:07:29 AM »
Thanks for doing this! FYI it's asking me to request access. I think you may need to make it public or whatever the terminology for that is :)

ontheroaderic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 08:18:06 AM »
Yeah - me too.

jordanread

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 09:31:36 AM »
I screwed that one up. Missed a step. Try now.

ontheroaderic

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 09:32:21 AM »
Good to go now, thanks!

Rubyvroom

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 06:18:20 AM »
What a difference an hour makes...

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 11:22:32 AM »
What a difference an hour makes...

I hear you, it was so different starting our night ride at night rather than riding into the sunset.  The hardest part I think is the suddenness of the change, throws me way off.  I haven't been getting outside as much as I'd like recently despite the great weather we've had.

One of the guys on our ride has this white jacket which just lights up with any light on him, very visible.

Cwadda

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 11:24:35 AM »
I got my first bicycle, a Cannondale Synapse 105. And went for my first 18 mile ride yesterday. I love biking!

jordanread

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »
I got my first bicycle, a Cannondale Synapse 105. And went for my first 18 mile ride yesterday. I love biking!
Kick ass Cwadda! Glad to have you here.

katscratch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 03:35:53 PM »
I've been a reader of the blog and forum for a couple of years, but these threads always make me want to join.  My new commitment to riding through winter for the first time prompted the push to register. 

So far I've found that biking below freezing is much easier than waiting for a bus, with the exception that my lungs get really angry if I have to stop for traffic lights at the top of a hill.  I've started taking a bus to cross the river/hill portion until I can figure out a good inhaler/balaclava/etc strategy that works. 

I know it's almost December but I wanted to jump in after writing imaginary posts here since summer! :)

jordanread

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 04:32:49 PM »
I've been a reader of the blog and forum for a couple of years, but these threads always make me want to join.  My new commitment to riding through winter for the first time prompted the push to register. 

So far I've found that biking below freezing is much easier than waiting for a bus, with the exception that my lungs get really angry if I have to stop for traffic lights at the top of a hill.  I've started taking a bus to cross the river/hill portion until I can figure out a good inhaler/balaclava/etc strategy that works. 

I know it's almost December but I wanted to jump in after writing imaginary posts here since summer! :)

By all means jump in. Just log >0 miles each month, and you will be a perpetual member of the sheet. I'm glad it's motivating for you. It's helped me a lot.

katscratch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 08:11:13 PM »
Thank you!

I've had five days off work to sleep in -- it will be a bit hard to get up at 430am so this challenge is a perfect little boost :)

Dave1442397

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 04:53:55 PM »
I just added myself. We got lucky with the weather in November. We had one extremely windy day (22mph with gusts to 45mph) when only four of us showed up for the ride, but pretty nice out otherwise.

jordanread

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2016, 11:21:52 AM »
December is up! Sorry for the delay.

New gauntlet is here.