Author Topic: No spend June 2020  (Read 945 times)

tungu2

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
No spend June 2020
« on: May 30, 2020, 02:18:36 AM »
Hi everyone,
It’s time for me to do a no spend month after going a little overboard with quarantine snacks and entertainment. Anyone want to join? I would be happy to have company.
I suggest everyone choose some areas where they are strictly no spend, and some where they are just careful.
For me total no-no’s are candy/baked goods/junk food and alcohol. Very limited hobby/sports equipment is allowed.
Welcome!

facepalm

• Bristles
Re: No spend June 2020
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 04:32:00 PM »
I'll play. I'm moving next month and my rent will be doubling (but still below market).

To prepare for this, I looked over my credit card statements for the past few months and did not like what I saw. so I'm cutting waaay back.

The only categories I'll allow myself is food and vehicle expenses.  I don't work summers, so lots of chances to cut back.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »
I am in, exceptions are groceries and utilities

TRACKING
01 June - $0
02 June - $0
03 June - $0
04 June - $0
05 June - $0
06 June - ~$260 on groceries because I went to the expensive but less crowded grocery mall
07 June -  $0
08 June - $0
09 June - $50 groceries - the stuff I missed on the first shop *shakes fist at sky*
10 June - $26 on lunch for me and my boss at a workshop that was meant to be half day and ended up going all day.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 02:32:00 PM by mspym »

tungu2

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »
Hi there,
So... I have already failed and got three chocolate bars. Technically, I did not buy them as I used a kind of rebate in a grocery store (got goods up to a certain amount for free with a purchase). It’s obviously cheating because I could have spent it on necessary food just as well. It was an emotional purchase and I am trying not to beat myself up too much. Other than that, I only spent on food, essential cleaning supplies, phone bill and a new frying pan. I accidentally burnt my only regular pan, so obviously a necessity as I wfh and cook a lot.
I also made an unplanned charitable donation but it’s ok, worth it.
Hope everyone is safe and doing well.