Author Topic: No clothes shopping - January - 2017!  (Read 21635 times)

Juslookin

• Bristles
No clothes shopping - January - 2017!
« on: December 30, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
I started a challenge for December to see if I could possibly do this for a month.  I didn't....at first I struggled and I bought a pair of pants.  However, the rest of the month I felt empowered not to buy.  I am now looking forward to doing this for all of 2017, but I'm realistic.  I think I need to take it in baby steps.  Does anyone else want to join me in a month by month challenge? My ultimate goal is an entire year of no clothing purchases for 2017, but yours can be whatever you like, jump on, jump off. 

Who's in?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Re: No clothes shopping - January - 2017!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 07:16:58 PM »
I'm tentatively in! I think this will match well with the Uber Frugal January challenge I'm doing.

I'm going to try and draw inspiration from the following:
http://www.frugalwoods.com/2015/01/05/what-a-year-without-clothes-did-for-me/
http://www.frugalwoods.com/2016/05/16/why-i-havent-purchased-any-clothes-in-2-5-years-and-counting/
http://caitflanders.com/2016/01/18/how-to-start-shopping-ban/
http://caitflanders.com/2014/07/09/the-rules-for-my-yearlong-shopping-ban/

My rules will be: no clothes shopping for *me*, but if my husband needs something that is fair game.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 08:53:30 PM »
I'm also in! Started my own clothes buying moratorium in November and am going strong -- psyched about keeping this going in 2017.  I'm also doing the Uber Frugal January challenge along w Bracken Joy so this fits in perfectly :) I've honestly found it easier to do a complete ban rather than allowing certain exceptions or setting a very low but above zero clothing budget. That way I just shut down any temptation when it creeps in, rather than engaging in rationalizing self-talk.  Let's do this.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:10:06 PM »
I'm in.

I don't usually buy many clothes, but in the fall I spent an unusual amount on new clothes for the family.  I've gotten too lazy to mend, and as a result sweaters are snagging, hems dragging, and small holes are turning into big ones. I'm going to unsubscribe from sale emails and put my mending kit in a more convenient place so I don't have to clear away junk and stand on a chair just to get at it.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 09:11:13 PM »
Yeah, Clothing was my one "surprise" category looking back on 2016 with it being higher than I expected. Hoping 2017 is better!

calimom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »
I started a challenge for December to see if I could possibly do this for a month.  I didn't....at first I struggled and I bought a pair of pants.  However, the rest of the month I felt empowered not to buy.  I am now looking forward to doing this for all of 2017, but I'm realistic.  I think I need to take it in baby steps.  Does anyone else want to join me in a month by month challenge? My ultimate goal is an entire year of no clothing purchases for 2017, but yours can be whatever you like, jump on, jump off. 

Who's in?

I'm going to gently suggest that if one month of no-clothes-buying is a big, almost unattainable goal for you, then you likely have plenty of clothing options as it stands. Workout clothes? Pretty dress for a friend's summer wedding? Jeans and tee shirt for working in the garden? Semi conservative outfit for a work presentation? Chances are you already have this stuff.

Shop from your closet. Don't buy any new clothes for a YEAR, and then get back to us. A month - phhh - that's child's play.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 09:36:46 PM »

Who's in?

I'm going to gently suggest that if one month of no-clothes-buying is a big, almost unattainable goal for you, then you likely have plenty of clothing options as it stands. Workout clothes? Pretty dress for a friend's summer wedding? Jeans and tee shirt for working in the garden? Semi conservative outfit for a work presentation? Chances are you already have this stuff.

Shop from your closet. Don't buy any new clothes for a YEAR, and then get back to us. A month - phhh - that's child's play.

Everyone has to go on their own journey. While I'm glad you're in a place where one month of no clothes buying isn't a challenge, I don't think it helps anyone to go into a gauntlet and tell them their goal isn't worthwhile.

Juslookin, please keep the challenge going and stay here!

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 09:42:47 PM »
Ok I'm in. I'll also try to do the year with you.

I also second the right to throw down any gauntlet!

k_to_the_v

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 10:03:39 AM »
I'm also in - was planning on this already for both January and February.

I'm open to getting some new stuff after that time period if I start dropping weight, but I have plenty of clothes right now. (I AM hoping to get in better shape - I have realized that the "I don't have anything to wear" condition I sometimes find myself in, that leads me to shop, is really "I feel kind of lumpy and dumpy and I'm going to desperately try and find clothes that don't make me feel that way).

I don't want to "punish" myself ("You aren't allowed any nice new things until you lose weight"), but I do want to be more mindful on the difference between what I really need and what I think I need. Taking at least 2 months off (more likely 3) will be good for that.

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 11:15:10 AM »
I'm in as well.  I did well on the December challenge until I failed miserably at the end of the month.  I'm going to try again :-)

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 12:05:06 PM »
This is a major goal of mine, in fact. I do have to buy a pair of shows, though, as my orthotics aren't supporting my feet the way they're supposed to anymore, but that's as much a health purchase as anything else.

Fig

• Bristles
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 12:14:37 PM »
I'm in. I've resolved not to buy new clothes until I can fit into my old ones again... more smocks are not the answer :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:17:10 PM by Fig »

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 01:04:19 PM »

Who's in?

Everyone has to go on their own journey. While I'm glad you're in a place where one month of no clothes buying isn't a challenge, I don't think it helps anyone to go into a gauntlet and tell them their goal isn't worthwhile.

Juslookin, please keep the challenge going and stay here!

Bracken_Joy: No worries, I have a thicker skin than that.  I'll be chugging through the year one month at a time. :)

calimom:  May I wish you nothing but good luck on whatever your personal life challenges are this year. 

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:07:17 PM by Juslookin »

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »
I'm in for January. 19 weeks pregnant now and I have *enough* clothes that fit the bump so I want to hold off buying more until I'm sufficiently bigger to really NEED to.

Yeah, Clothing was my one "surprise" category looking back on 2016 with it being higher than I expected. Hoping 2017 is better!

This is me, pretty much every year since I started dressing like an adult instead of a student. Which sadly does not line up with when I actually started my professional working life :-(

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2016, 01:09:25 PM »
I'm also in! Started my own clothes buying moratorium in November and am going strong -- psyched about keeping this going in 2017.  I'm also doing the Uber Frugal January challenge along w Bracken Joy so this fits in perfectly :) I've honestly found it easier to do a complete ban rather than allowing certain exceptions or setting a very low but above zero clothing budget. That way I just shut down any temptation when it creeps in, rather than engaging in rationalizing self-talk.  Let's do this.

I was thinking the same thing, no exceptions may be the way to go for me as well. 

calimom

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »
I wish you the best as well, juslookin. Shopping can be an addiction as much as anything else. It's hard to know when we have "enough" of something, be it clothes, electronics, appliances, household items, etc. Good luck with your no-clothes-buying January.

rachellynn99

• Stubble
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 01:27:34 PM »
Nothing for us here either! We did good in December. I didn't buy anyone in our family any clothing. Each kid did receive an outfit for Christmas from family, and I received a new pair of running shoes from my mom. But January is no clothes shopping for all of us!!!

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 06:17:53 PM »
I'm in! Spent too much the past couple months. The kids should be fully stocked post-xmas.  Until warmer weather hits I should be set.

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.....one day down only 30 (or 364 for the year) to go.

Today I unsubscribed from a couple more shopping emails....they just don't want to give up do they?

How are you doing?

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »
I was surprised at the silly temptations last month, but didn't buy anything. I'm in again for January.

I kinda want maternity underwear, but a rolling band under the stomach isn't the end of the world.

The one exception will be if I find a great price on nursing tanks. The baby is due in March and I don't want to end up paying full price! (However, I'm also going to be looking for tutorials to make something, cause I have plenty of fabric...)

rachellynn99

• Stubble
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »
One day down here :).  The girls ( ages 9 and 11) have a few skirts for church. They wear the same size which is nice. One of my daughters has these black boots, they are honestly kind of ugly, but she doesn't seem to mind and they are still fine to wear.

The little guy has a pair of khaki pants and a nice pair of jeans. He can wear those to church and if we go somewhere "nice". Otherwise he has some sweat pants and jogging type slick pants.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »
I'm in. I don't anticipate it will be much of a challenge for January, since I'm having a baby next month and it doesn't make much sense to buy either maternity or non-maternity clothes this month, but I like the idea of "hopping on and off" throughout  the year - I think it will make me more intentional with my shopping.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 10:12:34 PM »
I was surprised at the silly temptations last month, but didn't buy anything. I'm in again for January.

I kinda want maternity underwear, but a rolling band under the stomach isn't the end of the world.

The one exception will be if I find a great price on nursing tanks. The baby is due in March and I don't want to end up paying full price! (However, I'm also going to be looking for tutorials to make something, cause I have plenty of fabric...)

Hey, it's easy to restructure a regular tank top to be a nursing tank, by cutting the straps in front and sewing a snap or hook/loop on the cut ends to allow you to reattach them.  But to be honest, with my later kids, I would just wear a loose regular tank under another shirt, reach under the top shirt and pop a boob out of the top of the tank to nurse the baby, without worrying about straps. Whether this would work for you depends on your body shape though.

One day down here :).  The girls ( ages 9 and 11) have a few skirts for church. They wear the same size which is nice. One of my daughters has these black boots, they are honestly kind of ugly, but she doesn't seem to mind and they are still fine to wear.

The little guy has a pair of khaki pants and a nice pair of jeans. He can wear those to church and if we go somewhere "nice". Otherwise he has some sweat pants and jogging type slick pants.

rachellynn99, do you know any parents who might have hand-me-downs for your kids?  My kids never want for clothing because people from my kids' schools keep dumping big sacks of clothes on my doorstep, and  I do the same for other parents when my kids are done with their clothes.  Some of the stuff we get/give is brand new or very little worn.  Also, if there is a Freecycle group or similar in your area, you might win by asking around for kids' dress clothes.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:18:56 PM by Poundwise »

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2017, 10:36:05 PM »
I don't own any tank told, but regular ones will be easier to buy cheap :)

From what I can tell the "pop a boob out of a regular shirt" won't work for me...when my milk came in last pregnancy, I was barely a B...they don't pop much of anywhere.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 12:53:53 AM »
Day 2 - no clothes bought. This might be a challenge I can do!

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 08:57:34 AM »
There is a little shop on my route to/from work that always displays the cutest clothes in its window. That really may be my only temptation at the moment. I may have to change my route. :p

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »
I'm in. I don't anticipate it will be much of a challenge for January, since I'm having a baby next month and it doesn't make much sense to buy either maternity or non-maternity clothes this month, but I like the idea of "hopping on and off" throughout  the year - I think it will make me more intentional with my shopping.

Welcome and congrats on the impending little one!

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 11:42:41 AM »

From what I can tell the "pop a boob out of a regular shirt" won't work for me...when my milk came in last pregnancy, I was barely a B...they don't pop much of anywhere.

LOL!  I hear you.

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 11:44:19 AM »
There is a little shop on my route to/from work that always displays the cutest clothes in its window. That really may be my only temptation at the moment. I may have to change my route. :p

Can you chant a little mantra as you go by?  I'm keeping my money.....you can't have it......la di, la da....I'm keeping my money....you can't have it.......all the live long month.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 11:45:39 AM »
Of COURSE, on day 2 of the shopping ban, I take out laundry only to discover a pair of DH's shorts have torn irreparably. Luckily, he agrees that he still has enough without them, so we'll just see how it goes for Shorts-1.

It'll help that I'm not working right now so I can just do laundry more often.

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 11:48:18 AM »
OK, so day two of January.  I'm feeling very cocky.  This month is very different for me than last month.  Last month when I first started this I thought this was impossible.  Now starting this month I think that it is sooooooo much easier.  Shopping had definitely become a habit for me.  Browsing, looking for sales, cycling through rewards at my favorite brands. 

29 days to go for January (363 for the year).

What's your clothes shopping achilles heel?

Candace

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 11:56:42 AM »
I'm in. This shouldn't be too big a challenge for me, as luckily I'm more of a sugar addict than a shopping addict.

I did really well in the clothes shopping category for 2016. I made very few purchases I didn't need. Most of my clothes shopping was at thrift stores.

In December, I loosened the purse strings a little and bought a few very inexpensive things at JC Penney while I was there for another reason. They filled holes in my wardrobe I've been trying to fill for a while. Christmas sales are a good time to pick up cheap new clothes there.

I will say, though, I've already committed to getting my fiance a pair of shoes, a robe and an overcoat for Christmas. We decided to wait till January because we hate shopping when it's crowded. My challenge is more along the lines of not getting any clothes for *myself* this January.

About the sugar addiction, I'm committing to slashing all of the added, processed sugar-y items from my eating except for perhaps one per week.

TightFistedScot

• Stubble
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 12:17:50 PM »
I'm in! I mostly likely won't buy any clothes in 2017.

I do, however, need new running shoes because my current ones have no more grips and are too slippery to wear outside on icy sidewalks.

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2017, 02:11:02 PM »
My weakness will probably be tights & leggings - I wear these almost every day & they tend to wear out quickly. I try to buy good quality to make them last longer, but I put them through a lot of wear & tear.... I have amassed quite a few pairs now, so I will try rotating through these rather than buying new.

Your post about tights made me recall what I used to do.  When I was in my early 20s and working in an office everyday I was going through pantyhose like crazy.  I was broke, so being frugal was not an option.  I used to buy all of my pantyhose the same color and when I had a run in one leg I would cut the leg off and then wait until I had another pair with only one good leg.  Voila.....extra life, nobody knew I was wearing one Dr. Frankenstein creation of panty hose. 

Am I alone or did everyone do that?

jesse_runs_far

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 04:05:27 PM »
I'm in too!  I haven't bought any clothes since mid-October. I'd like to do a full year, but I think I'll need a few things come summer. But we'll take it month by month :)

MsPeacock

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 05:44:34 PM »
My weakness will probably be tights & leggings - I wear these almost every day & they tend to wear out quickly. I try to buy good quality to make them last longer, but I put them through a lot of wear & tear.... I have amassed quite a few pairs now, so I will try rotating through these rather than buying new.

Your post about tights made me recall what I used to do.  When I was in my early 20s and working in an office everyday I was going through pantyhose like crazy.  I was broke, so being frugal was not an option.  I used to buy all of my pantyhose the same color and when I had a run in one leg I would cut the leg off and then wait until I had another pair with only one good leg.  Voila.....extra life, nobody knew I was wearing one Dr. Frankenstein creation of panty hose. 

Am I alone or did everyone do that?

I had a job many years ago that required skirts and hose for women (they were later sued and changed this policy). Hose were expensive to me at the time, I still find them expensive given how easily they run. I would have dabs of clear polish all over my hose and legs trying to keep runs from spreading. I also cut the crotch out off all the hose because they were so hot and sweaty on the bits that I could stand it. I think I bought all my pairs at TJMaxx because that was the cheapest I could find them.

My current clothing Achilles heel is workout clothing. I am set for winter but will likely need a few things when warmer weather gets here.

rachellynn99

• Stubble
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 06:45:59 PM »
Day 2 a success. We are still home from school/work. We slouched around in sweats today.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2017, 08:39:49 AM »

Costco sells awesome camisoles that are stretchy enough for "popping out" (and for wearing as maternity tanks, for that matter). I got some during my first pregnancy and wore them through pregnancy; 17 months of nursing, the brief in-between period, and now during my second pregnancy. They come in a two-pack for $10.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2017, 09:02:12 AM »

Costco sells awesome camisoles that are stretchy enough for "popping out" (and for wearing as maternity tanks, for that matter). I got some during my first pregnancy and wore them through pregnancy; 17 months of nursing, the brief in-between period, and now during my second pregnancy. They come in a two-pack for $10.

Even if you are high-chested, it shouldn't be hard to pull down the camisole to nurse, if your outer shirt is loose enough. I just didn't care to show my stomach or belly button from underneath, so using a tank top was helpful.  Also, I made my own nursing cover (lots of free patterns online, like this one: http://www.prettyprudent.com/2010/01/baby-kid/diy-nursing-cover-2/ ) and that came in very handy.

Juslookin

• Bristles
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2017, 01:27:29 PM »
So its rainy cold and nasty where I live today.  I took a shower and got out of one pair of pajamas into a clean pair of pajamas.  Well, ok..... they're called "lounging pants", but we all know they're pajamas.

I figure if I never wear my real clothes they'll last forever. :)

28 days to go for January (362 days for the year)

We got this.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:29:45 PM by Juslookin »

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2017, 01:36:27 PM »
I may have cursed myself by joining this challenge! Haha. But I'll stand strong! But seriously, so far this year:
-DH tore a pair of shorts, beyond repair
-I tore my new jeggings (worth it, responded to an emergency, deets in my journal, but yeah... wasn't thinking about my clothes!)
-Tore the elastic off some of my underwear
-and the last "nice" (non-work) pair of jeans DH has is going to give up along the inner thigh seam aaaaany day now.

But you know what? Holding strong so far! None of these need replaced right now, or even soon. We're not naked yet =P Lol

BiscuitsForBreakfast

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2017, 03:24:12 PM »
I'd like to join the challenge! Barring new running shoes at some point this year, I'd like to limit my clothes spending ONLY to thrift shop/secondhand purchases, which is a challenge on it's own as I'm not a frequent second-hand store shopper. But it sounds like fun, honestly. AND, they don't send out as many emails!

So far in January I've already unsubscribed from a couple emails, closed an online shopping cart full of on-sale running underwear at REI Garage, and invited people over for a clothing swap in February.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2017, 03:27:34 PM »
I've got a pair of jeans and a pair of workout shorts to repair. My mending skills are rusty, but neither need to look beautiful, so it's time to get back into practice.

rachellynn99

• Stubble
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2017, 07:53:18 PM »

rachellynn99, do you know any parents who might have hand-me-downs for your kids?  My kids never want for clothing because people from my kids' schools keep dumping big sacks of clothes on my doorstep, and  I do the same for other parents when my kids are done with their clothes.  Some of the stuff we get/give is brand new or very little worn.  Also, if there is a Freecycle group or similar in your area, you might win by asking around for kids' dress clothes.
[/quote]

The older girls seem to be harder to get hand me downs for. They are ages 9 and 11 and both pretty tall for their age, and they wear women's shoe sizes. The little guy that wears a size 4T I have been able to get some hand me downs for here and there.
Our freecycle is pretty awful. It's a rural town we live in and there is never much offered. But yes, letting people know where to look when they are getting rid of clothing that is too small, is a great idea.

rachellynn99

• Stubble
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2017, 07:54:19 PM »
Day 3 here and still nothing. We didn't go into town at all today, so nothing really to shop for.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »
Having just worked out my 2016 spending and discovering that I spent $2.4k on clothes, I am feeling VERY motivated.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2017, 08:26:51 PM »
No clothes bought yet.  Glad I signed up for this because having bought new clothes for all my family in Dec, I'm feeling in the mood to freshen up too and have been tempted by Jan sales.

The older girls seem to be harder to get hand me downs for. They are ages 9 and 11 and both pretty tall for their age, and they wear women's shoe sizes. The little guy that wears a size 4T I have been able to get some hand me downs for here and there.
Our freecycle is pretty awful. It's a rural town we live in and there is never much offered. But yes, letting people know where to look when they are getting rid of clothing that is too small, is a great idea.
[/quote]

Too bad about freecycle in your town! I guess it helped me that our town has no school bus, so my little one comes with me in the stroller when I walk my kids to school and back.  Because I'm always in a hurry in the morning, my baby is always terribly dressed at that hour and I think a couple of the moms took pity on her so they always save their hand-me-downs for her! :P

In our old town, one of the PTA moms organized a clothing swap, which was great... I still wear some nice pieces that I got there. We donated the leftovers.

As for your girls, that is a toughie.  We are lucky enough to have a nephew older than my oldest son, so we have a fair supply of clothes from him. I'm sure it is harder to give older girls hand-me-downs, too. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:37:12 AM by Poundwise »

k_to_the_v

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2017, 08:33:46 AM »
Well, so far so good. I'm not exactly ready to pat myself on the back for making it a whopping four days without buying any clothes though. I will say that this challenge goes nicely with the strength and fitness/losing weight ones. I mentioned this in my post when I joined the challenge, but it is so clear to me now how many of my clothing purchases were attempts to feel better about how I looked, not about needing more stuff.

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2017, 10:00:43 AM »
I am in for this one, at least for myself; there isn't much impulse clothes shopping for my husband or kids. My exceptions are pretty minimal: If I get below two pairs of jeans then I can buy a second one (I only wear jeans to work, 90% of the time, so one pair to wear, one in the wash is my minimum),, or if I get below 2 bras that fit I can buy one.

I really bought way more than I needed last year as I was new to yoga and had zero in the "workout clothing" category before that. If I can manage to make some good health changes and continue to see some shifts in my weight then I'll evaluate, but I'm trying to get to a capsule wardrobe/minimalist closet, so I'll take it month by month and try to get through the whole year!

alleykat

• Bristles
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2017, 11:18:24 AM »
I wasn't going to join this challenge because I do need some clothes, however, I think I will make it through January with no clothes purchases because I am not buying any until I lose some weight and really reassess my closet.  So, I am in for January.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!