Author Topic: MONTHLY GOALS - SEPTEMBER 2022  (Read 1991 times)

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
MONTHLY GOALS - SEPTEMBER 2022
« on: September 01, 2022, 10:32:41 AM »
I thought I'd open the SEP thread since I'm updating/starting my list for September - ready to roll:).
@Raenia I hope you don't mind since you are usually actively running this thread.

SAVINGS

Min - $1709 - on track.

GARDEN
Keep the garden alive during our brutal summers. - I got a little help off and on for a couple of hours here and there, and I try to be out there for an hour or two early in the morning before the heat.
So far the garden is holding up - the GOAL is to keep it going and do the occasional project whenever possible so fall and spring can be enjoyed more and not work only. - So far so good but it is a battle.
The second GOAL is to keep making changes and tweaking the garden plans so the garden stays manageable for me as I get older.

1. Weeding - composting - mulching - watering - ongoing.
2. This month's projects
 - set up soaker hoses
 - set up outdoor shower
 - possibly set up a structure for the passion fruit vine for support.

DE-CLUTTERING THE HOUSE
- this is an ongoing project, made some good dents in August but still have a long way to go.
WEEK ONE
KITCHEN - Today - Tackled the six upper kitchen cabinets.
Cleaned-organized-de-cluttered and donated three big boxes of glasses, bowls and plates. Felt freeing to get rid of things we don't use.
The GOAL is to clean and declutter the entire kitchen and then paint some of the cabinet doors and drawer fronts that haven't held up to wear and tear.

LIGHTING - new and replacements - ongoing - after months of stalling/looking we have success!
YAY -
1. Found the perfect ceiling light for the study yesterday. Love it! Installed!
The Ikea light we picked up this weekend did not work out and we have been looking for months for a suitable solution.
2. Finally found the right kitchen ceiling fixture - track lighting that works with our kitchen and lights up all the dark corners plus the island too.
Installed!
3. Dining Room Light - I changed my mind about the Ikea light we bought this weekend.
 I accidentally-providentially found a modern chandelier that I love.
I'm so glad to finally have those three lights off my list!

FOOD and HEALTH
This month I am concentrating on making some great salads.
GOAL: Salad as a main dish once a week and as accompaniment three times a week.

SOCIAL
GOAL: stay engaged and make a conscious effort.
Three calls to friends and three visits or events.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 11:41:03 AM by Rosy »

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
Re: MONTHLY GOALS - SEPTEMBER 2022
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 10:48:52 AM »
@Rosy No worries, always happy to have someone else start it!  It wasn't my idea originally, I claim no ownership :)

September goals:

1. Read 8 books
  a. 1 Philosophy
  b. 1 History/Natural History
  c. 4 from TBR
2. Do at least 35 sit-ups per day (average)
3. Spend time outside 24/31 days
4. Complete "Yoga for Beginners" playlist (15 sessions)

Creativity:
5. Repair Sewing Machine
6. Bake something each week
7. Try a new food/recipe
8. Salsa canning

Social:
9. Visit Dad
10. Visit Ren Faire
11. Host dinner with friends
12. Prepare for friend's wedding

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 06:23:43 PM »
Well I have been absent from monthly goals for a bit and find myself more and more aimless. Maybe it's time to rejoin the club.

Hydration
Meal planning
Finish the estate plan
Photo scanning
Enroll in a class

Edit to add PT and swim class
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 12:51:14 PM by oneday »

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 12:02:43 PM »
Okay September--here we go!

After a full spring & summer I am looking forward to grounding myself into the slowing rhythm of late summer/autumn

-Daily yoga (any amount)--meditation as bonus
-Continue daily drawings
-Read 1/4 of War & Peace (would like to finish by end of year)
-3-4 hikes
-Dedicate time to a long-term writing project (and sign up for a writers fest event)--flush out the ideas that have been floating around
-Pay $1000 in tax instalments (stretch goal $1500)

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 02:44:09 PM »
Paint my damn carport. Had needed a fresh coat since we bought the house in 2014. This is the month. Maybe this is the weekend.

lifeisshort123

• Bristles
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 06:06:08 PM »
Monthly portion of my $20,500 retirement account (should happen)
$500 in Roth IRA
$834 in iBonds

Continue weight loss journey.  8 lbs to go.  Maybe lose another 2-4 this month.

Drink less, will help with saving money.  Less carbs/calories.

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2022, 01:10:40 PM »
Joining September thread today as my August sort of ended yesterday, big event where I have been on of three organisers took place. Exhausted and happy today. Now I will have more time to focus on myself and my goals. I will continue to use the "life wheel" model, focus on ten important areas of my life and set goals in each of them.

• Family: make sure we do meaningful simple things on the weekends, such as indoor pool, visiting relatives, meeting up w/friends. Less screen time for the kids. Focus on activities, homework, good food and enough sleep during school weeks.
  • Sleep: lights out 10.30 pm if working next day. Also no sleeping in during the weekends.
  • Apartment: Again - one trip to charity. Sell some bigger items or else give them away. Get the old fridge out of thhe apartment. Sort out the electricity app for the new phone (5-10 min task). Contact the balcony man for the cats to see when he can do the job.
  • Food and nutrition: sweets and snacks only on weekends. Decrease late night eating. Not too much wine.
  • Health: call dentist to sort out appointments for the kids. Find place for DS1 skin screening.
  • Family and friends: contact JH and plan a meet-up. Call mum and dad. Invite someone over. Meet up w/A after work.
  • Everyday life and lifestyle: Start walking more. Morning and evening yoga as much as possible.
  • Commitments - community, travel and studies: study for the Oct 23rd test. Rearrange and put in order the stuff after the soccer club event.
  • Exercise: Run four times (short ). Start practising karate again (at home). Go swimming twice w/o the kids and at least once w/them. Keep trying w/trampoline class.
  • Finance: continue finding "snowflakes" small extra money to throw at my student loan in December. Sort out the car insurance (switch provider).

As always:
Green: completed
Blue: progress
Orange: at risk
Red: did not complete

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2022, 01:29:38 PM »
I'll join in!

Financial Goal
Have a 50% saving rate this month

Fitness Goal
Walk or run 110.7 miles this month. This was set by Apple Watch based on previous activity.

Social Goal
Have 2 outings with friends this month

Self Care
Read 2 fiction books for fun this month

Home
Follow the cleaning schedule in my home planner

Minimizing
Eat all of the breakfast foods before purchasing new (breakfast bars, sandwiches, oatmeal, etc)
Use up, sell, donate or trash 25 items

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 01:25:01 PM »
Week 1 update:

1. Read 8 books - 1/8, behind pace but should be able to catch up
  a. 1 Philosophy - on deck
  b. 1 History/Natural History - on deck
  c. 4 from TBR - 1/4, 2 on deck, 1 requested
2. Do at least 35 sit-ups per day (average) - 35
3. Spend time outside 24/31 days - 5/8, today looking doubtful
4. Complete "Yoga for Beginners" playlist (15 sessions) - 6/15, pretty good start, but I hoped get more of a head start since I'll be away part of next week.

Creativity:
5. Repair Sewing Machine
6. Bake something each week - None this week, other priorities took over
7. Try a new food/recipe
8. Salsa canning - Done! 2 batches, for 16 pints

Social:
9. Visit Dad - Leaving tonight!
10. Visit Ren Faire - Scheduled
11. Host dinner with friends - Done! Also made tentative plans for next time.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 02:49:49 PM »

Sept --Update 1

-Daily yoga (any amount)--meditation as bonus **Yes! only skipped one day due to a huge shift at work
-Continue daily drawings --so far, so good
-Read 1/4 of War & Peace (would like to finish by end of year) I've fallen behind already due to a tough bookclub book (The Satanic Verses)...but will try to catch up soon
-3-4 hikes -- one big, beautiful hike & alpine swim this week
-Dedicate time to a long-term writing project (and sign up for a writers fest event)--flush out the ideas that have been floating around--started mulling things more and spend one morning writing some ideas down
-Pay $1000 in tax instalments (stretch goal $1500)--$350 so far

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2022, 09:17:48 AM »
UPDATE
ONGOING PROJECT  - LIGHTING REPLACEMENT
1. All three new lights are up - one of them turned out to be a bear to put together and a bear to install. My uber nice neighbor put the Ikea puzzle light together and Mr. R. spent several hours on the installation compared to like 20 - 30 minutes on the other two.
Phew - so now I'm adding a new living room fan (replacement to the list).
STUDY
2. Made good progress in the study - both decluttering and sorting and hanging the replacement TV since mine died.
Still, lots to do but I'm plodding away - tackling the paper tiger slowly but steadily.
Planning on de-cluttering, donating CDs - movies next,
then onto misc items (beer mugs/china/glasses,
possibly actually listing a couple of items for sale.

Sigh, I still have a long way to go in the study - but you can actually see progress now.

KITCHEN - THE END IS IN SIGHT
3. De-cluttered/donated two more boxes. Only three more (the most stuffed and awful) drawers to go plus a deep clean of the fridge and stove.
I'm hoping to get that done between this week and next week.

Then it is on to some necessary painting and maintenance. Wear and tear on the cabinets...
I'd also like to upgrade/change the appearance of one of the cabinets - we'll see...

I've actually gone back in and decluttered a bit more here and there - it still feels like I have a lot, but at least we use it all.

SAVING
I added an extra $400 above my goal - so I'm quite pleased with myself. WIN!

SOCIAL
I've been very social this month and I'm getting more in the groove of staying connected again. So that's a win!

HEALTHY EATING
BOO! - I think I need to go shopping myself for salad ingredients. Week one is a FLOP!

ALL IN ALL
I'm feeling pretty good healthwise except for a couple of days, and it shows - things are moving right along.

Hope y'all are sucessful in your endeavors and focusing on your goals!
GOOD LUCK!

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2022, 10:30:14 AM »
Week 2 update:

1. Read 8 books - 3/8, still slightly behind pace
  a. 1 Philosophy - started
  b. 1 History/Natural History - started
  c. 4 from TBR - 2/4, 1 started, 1 requested
2. Do at least 35 sit-ups per day (average) - lost some ground at 32.3, but recoverable
3. Spend time outside 24/31 days - 10/15, at risk, need to be perfect the rest of the month
4. Complete "Yoga for Beginners" playlist (15 sessions) - 9/15, on track

Creativity:
5. Repair Sewing Machine
6. Bake something each week - Rye bread, plan for granola today
7. Try a new food/recipe

Social:
9. Visit Dad - Done!
10. Visit Ren Faire - Scheduled
13. Celebrate Mabon (September Solstice)

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2022, 03:24:12 PM »
Paint my damn carport. Had needed a fresh coat since we bought the house in 2014. This is the month. Maybe this is the weekend.
Started today. This is going to be harder than I thought - only maybe 50 feet by 1 foot total, but it is so far overdue that prep is proving pretty extensive. Since noon today, I've removed the old satalite dish. this took far longer than it should have, but next time I'll know exactly what to do. Except there won't likely be a next time. A prior occupant had attached the thing to the carport and after getting that down, scraped one of the 2 "short" sides of it. I will count it as a win if I get cooled off and back out there and manage to scrape the long side before running out of daylight.

The thing is rusty metal too, so multiple coats of rustoleum primer and finish, then decide if it is OK with that or if I also need to add a coat that matches rest of house. I was a little worried the metal might be too far gone, but at least that's not the case.

Still should be done by the end of the month, but gonna take 3-5 times as long as I thought it would. Hopefully the good weather holds long enough to get everything done.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2022, 02:38:05 PM »
WEEK TWO UPDATE
On track - plugging along.
De-cluttering, donating and slowly making progress in each room and with the never-ending projects.

Happy to report that now that I've created some free space I was able to re-organize and find room for all the things I actually use both in the kitchen and living room.
The living room looks practically bare compared to the congested - no room to breathe - feel and appearance it had taken on while I wasn't feeling up to keeping up.
I hope to finish the kitchen this week, except for painting the cabinets and I've managed to cook healthy meals this week incl. fish, salads, and more veggies.
Fingers crossed my energy will hold up long enough to put the house back to rights by the end of the first week of November.

Mr. R. gets Kudos for tackling a tricky job this weekend.
Turns out the Samsung fridge we have does not allow for the removal of the main glass in the center.
YT to the rescue - it involved a significant amount of time and onerous dismantling involving screwdrivers and two people.
WTH ever heard of refrigerator shelves/glass that can't be removed?
Success - we were able to clean up the sticky mess that had seeped under the glass - whew.

Today we are back on to normal maintenance - re-caulking the sink in the bathroom. I've begun working on the bedroom and the study and I'm sort of bouncing around finishing up or re-organizing and cleaning everywhere since one thing tends to lead to another.
The first week of November is beginning to sound like an impossible timeline.

The only fun part is that I get to redecorate and redesign a bit - which helps to keep me motivated.
Besides, I don't mind donating some nice items in the hopes someone else is happy to have them.
I'm also formulating a plan to start listing a few items for sale in October, hoping to take advantage of the Christmas shopping season.   

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2022, 08:09:03 PM »
@dandarc —I bet it will feel so good to have that project done! Good work :)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2022, 08:12:50 PM »
Sept --Update 2

-Daily yoga (any amount)--meditation as bonus **Yes! Missed one day due to a hike
-Continue daily drawings --will do yesterdays and todays and then I’m all caught up
-Read 1/4 of War & Peace (would like to finish by end of year) I’m still behind due to the tough bookclub choice (The Satanic Verses)
-3-4 hikes -- ticked one off that I’ve wanted to do for years..took nine hours but wasn’t strenuous, just long!
-Dedicate time to a long-term writing project (and sign up for a writers fest event)--flush out the ideas that have been floating around--will do a chunk tomorrow
-Pay $1000 in tax instalments (stretch goal $1500)--$350 so far

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2022, 08:14:58 AM »
@dandarc —I bet it will feel so good to have that project done! Good work :)
Thanks - wife and I decided another "sometime during the last 50 years" addition to the carport needs to come down. A gutter that is installed in a "must have been diy" way that is basically impossible to clean, so rather than directing drainage it just slows it down massively.

We actually removed the one on the other end of the carport several years ago because it was aligned with joint between original house and the addition and we were getting noticable water intrusion in the house. Same cause - installed in a way it is extremely difficult to clean, but a bigger problem for sure. Hopefully the bottom edge of the carport face today that is sitting in this gutter is in as good condition as that one on the back was - there's a chance this is way more involved than simply removing the gutter, continuing prep, and painting.

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2022, 02:49:55 PM »
Quick update. I am quite pleased in most areas, but the lack of sleep is not good.

• Family: make sure we do meaningful simple things on the weekends, such as indoor pool, visiting relatives, meeting up w/friends. Less screen time for the kids. Focus on activities, homework, good food and enough sleep during school weeks. Mixed results, the weekends good so far, but I should find the time to visit grandparents. Not enough sleep though, but we have had fun for it :-) . Activities going well.
  • Sleep: lights out 10.30 pm if working next day. Also no sleeping in during the weekends.
  • Apartment: Again - one trip to charity. Sell some bigger items or else give them away. Get the old fridge out of the apartment. Sort out the electricity app for the new phone (5-10 min task). Contact the balcony man for the cats to see when he can do the job.
  • Food and nutrition: sweets and snacks only on weekends. Decrease late night eating. Not too much wine. Hrmmpf...
  • Health: call dentist to sort out appointments for the kids. Find place for DS1 skin screening.
  • Family and friends: contact JH and plan a meet-up. Call mum and dad. Invite someone over. Meet up w/A after work.
  • Everyday life and lifestyle: Start walking more. Morning and evening yoga as much as possible.
  • Commitments - community, travel and studies: study for the Oct 23rd test. Rearrange and put in order the stuff after the soccer club event.
  • Exercise: Run four times (short ). Start practising karate again (at home). Go swimming twice w/o the kids and at least once w/them. Keep trying w/trampoline class.
  • Finance: continue finding "snowflakes" small extra money to throw at my student loan in December. Sort out the car insurance (switch provider).

As always:

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2022, 07:55:04 PM »
I'm jumping in with another goal that I'm adding from today forward
-20 min/day on my 2nd language app (Duolingo) --happy that they added a language I've been hoping to learn (Finnish) :)

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2022, 08:11:22 AM »
@Serendip - You really picked a tricky one with FINNISH language:), a tough but intriguing language to learn.

I've been debating whether to work on some online math - and/or - third language. My French used to be decent and I was surprised how much came back during a semi-recent trip to France. Maybe I'll go for Italian/Spanish/Turkish (I have some rudimentary Turkish skills) for a good mental exercise, but truth be told I'm still battling with brain fog from this ever-present immune illness so I'm too tired by the afternoon.
Besides, realistically speaking, while my must-do list is still so overwhelming I need no-brainer relaxation, simply entertaining - like a good (often historic romance), sci-fi, time travel, murder and other mystery books of all kinds or magic/witch book.
I still have several more intellectually challenging fascinating books waiting to be read - buried in two inches of dust, languishing in one of the bookshelves yet to be de-cluttered once again. A major purge incl. some cookbooks on that shelf is coming soon...

So, for balance and relief, I've been looking at design/decorating videos and I'm hunting down the 'right' pieces, a bookshelf and picture frames, new flooring and rugs and next up is a replacement fan for the living room. I may even do an IKEA shoe cabinet hack - we'll see. Thank G for YT and all those cool DIY inspiration videos.
I mean, if I'm forced to do all this boring, backbreaking cleaning and mentally fatiguing decluttering I need sumptin' fun to look forward to - right?:).

Oh and what I've been meaning to ask you @Serendip - what genre have you chosen to write in?

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2022, 09:28:39 AM »
@Rosy --yes, it's a tough language but I have a family connection so it feels important to me to attempt (even if HIGHLY impractical since most Finns speak English beautifully).

I think it makes so much sense to take it easy on yourself when energy is low from illness. Self-compassion can come in the form of time to enjoy simple pleasure like a good show or relatively uncomplicated plot line. ha
 Entertainment can be as pleasurable as a challenge depending on the timing.

Good on you for prioritizing health, happiness (and inspiration--love a good DIY inspirational video).

As for the writing goal:
I mainly read (and write) non-fiction but had a story idea plant itself into my brain a year or two ago. It is a far-fetched novel idea, futuristic/dystopian but with hopeful elements. I'm flushing it out as pieces come to me but have never attempted a longer piece so it's a bit complicated to piece it all together. A worthy winter challenge I suppose!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2022, 09:33:50 AM »
Sept --Update 3

-Daily yoga (any amount)--meditation as bonus **fell behind this week due to busyness of life
-Continue daily drawings --yes, still on it
-Read 1/4 of War & Peace (would like to finish by end of year) nope..not on course for this one but am dedicating today to the Satanic Verses so that I can move onto W&P
-3-4 hikes -- Went for my 3rd long hike of the month yesterday--beautiful autumn day, turquoise alpine lake to swim in and comfy new hiking boots
-Dedicate time to a long-term writing project (and sign up for a writers fest event)--bit behind on this..have been working extra shifts at work
-Pay $1000 in tax instalments (stretch goal $1500)--yes!! Just squeaked in with the $1000 but it was a bit of a stretch due to other expenses which came up (see above hiking boots <which in my life are a necessity> after a massive boot failure)
-DuoLingo 20min/day --so far, so good
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:20:41 PM by Serendip »

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2022, 06:27:39 AM »
Week 3 update:

1. Read 8 books - 5/8, can't seem to catch up but I still have a chance
  a. 1 Philosophy - 1/1 Done
  b. 1 History/Natural History - 1/1 Done
  c. 4 from TBR - 2/4, 1 started, 1 on deck
2. Do at least 35 sit-ups per day (average) - 34.8, slowly pulling it back
3. Spend time outside 24/31 days - 18/23, at risk but not out of the running yet
4. Complete "Yoga for Beginners" playlist (15 sessions) - 14/15, should finish today.  I'll pick up the "Foundations of Yoga" playlist next. It's a longer playlist but many are short, so I may be able to two two in one day.  This one will roll over to next month's goal.

Creativity:
5. Repair Sewing Machine - no progress, might take it today
6. Bake something each week - Rye bread, granola x2
7. Try a new food/recipe - Might not do this, I've been very tired and cooking simple things recently.  I did rack the blackberry wine, though, maybe that counts.

Social:
9. Visit Dad - Done!
10. Visit Ren Faire - Done!
13. Celebrate Mabon (September Solstice) - Done!  Though we didn't do much this time, just a mindful meal.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2022, 08:38:32 AM »
UPDATE - week three

SAVINGS - DONE!
and exceeded by $2.4K

GARDEN is ON TRACK.
The goal was to keep it alive during our brutal summers.

WHOLE HOUSE DECLUTTERING - is ongoing and OVERALL wildly successful:).
I do bounce around between rooms because I need a break from the mentally fatiguing paper tiger in the study.

WINS this month - THE LIVING ROOM
I hadn't seriously planned on it for this month but I had help one day and it is DONE!
Cleaned and decluttered to the bare bones. YAY!

THE BEDROOM - now 50% done.
Our bedroom had slowly turned into a bit of a beast and I am pleasantly surprised how far I got putting things back in order. All surfaces are now clean and decluttered. No piles on the floor and my big dresser top is a beautiful and organized sight to behold. Even cleaned, reorganized and decluttered four large drawers, sorted Jewelry for cleaning and repair, and I set aside items for sale. Two more boxes for donation, drawers freshly lined and most shoes cleaned and sorted.

NEXT UP is the big, full to bursting, clothes closet (which is about 3 years overdue) - not tackling that closet until October!
BUT - I am planning on decluttering one of the three remaining cabinets this week and I am hoping Mr. R. will sort out all his T-shirts.

KITCHEN - I'm delighted with the progress. It's a win for this month!
Only four drawers left to clean, declutter and re-organize - leaving that for October.

STUDY - maybe 25% done.
I'm beginning to despair a bit because while I know I spent days sorting paper and serious progress has been made...
a new lighting fixture was installed
my new TV is finally up
the desk has been cleaned and sorted
the closet was partially reorganized and I decluttered half the credenza yesterday...

I'm not feeling it... the study still feels overwhelming - all I can see is what is left to do and it is still a Boogey-bear.
Anxiety-inducing -  there is still an extremely depressing amount of stuff piled up in the study.
So this is the mess I plan to attack this week - I need it sorted, gone - off the floor - I need that table gone and replaced with a recliner. 

LIGHTING - replaced and installed light in the kitchen, dining room and study. DONE!
SOCIAL - way ahead of the game this month. DONE!
HEALTH and FOOD - ongoing and on track!

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2022, 03:13:05 PM »
Less than a week left. To be honest, not much progress during the last week. I have to push a bit now to get some more greens, but it should be doable.

• Family: make sure we do meaningful simple things on the weekends, such as indoor pool, visiting relatives, meeting up w/friends. Less screen time for the kids. Focus on activities, homework, good food and enough sleep during school weeks. Another good weekend, we did a couple of fun activities, ate pretty well, slept pretty well. A bit too much screen time, and rather late to bed, but good enough. We will not be able to visit granparents in another city during September, so I need to plan a visit in October already now.
  • Apartment: Again - one trip to charity. Sell some bigger items or else give them away. Get the old fridge out of the apartment. Sort out the electricity app for the new phone (5-10 min task). I started, tried for about 20 minutes, and it is not working. It was easy the first time. I will try once more and then call customer service. Contact the balcony man for the cats to see when he can do the job.
  • Food and nutrition: sweets and snacks only on weekends. Decrease late night eating. Not too much wine. Hrmmpf...

As always:

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2022, 08:46:29 AM »

Sept --Final Update!

-Daily yoga (any amount)--meditation as bonus **fell behind on this
-Continue daily drawings --yes!
-Read 1/4 of War & Peace (would like to finish by end of year) nope..got stuck on Satanic Verses and then couldn't transition right away into another difficult read
-3-4 hikes -- YES! just back yesterday from my fourth big hike of the month--an overnight with friends. Gorgeous sunset, sunrise and a couple of swims in an alpine lake
-Dedicate time to a long-term writing project (and sign up for a writers fest event)--started, then stalled
-Pay $1000 in tax instalments (stretch goal $1500)--yes!!  not the stretch goal but at least the $1000
-DuoLingo 20min/day --good so far, missed a day or two but have been getting at it most days

dandarc

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2022, 11:49:03 AM »
Carport is painted - has 1 coat primer, 1 coat enamel. Will probably do a second coat of paint next weekend, but likely will do this with a roller so any ladder use should be minimal.

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2022, 11:22:13 AM »
Final update. Have been exhausted for some time, the kids keep me awake during the night. I have to do something about their nightly walking. (Most nights they both come to my bed, and it is not big enough for that. I either wake up and don't get enough sleep or don't wake up, don't have enough space and get sore muscles and non-quality sleep. If only one comes, it is fine.)

So I have been low on energy AGAIN. Have now slept a bit better alone for a couple of nights, but not enough yet.

• Family: make sure we do meaningful simple things on the weekends, such as indoor pool, visiting relatives, meeting up w/friends. Less screen time for the kids. Focus on activities, homework, good food and enough sleep during school weeks. We have had some good weekends, fun activities, eaten pretty well, haven't slept enough though. A bit too much screen time. I hope we can visit grandparents in another city during October.
  • Sleep: lights out 10.30 pm if working next day. Absolutely no success with this. Also no sleeping in during the weekends.
  • Apartment: Again - one trip to charity. Sell some bigger items or else give them away. Get the old fridge out of the apartment. Sort out the electricity app for the new phone (5-10 min task). I started, tried for about 20 minutes, and it is not working. I will have to call customer service. Contact the balcony man for the cats to see when he can do the job. Contacted but did not get a definite answer. I will wait and see, there is a reason for choosing him. Also now it is a bit to cold to go out for longer periods anyway.
  • Food and nutrition: sweets and snacks only on weekends. Decrease late night eating. Not too much wine. It has been bad. Not sure how I can solve this.
  • Exercise: Run four times (short ). Start practising karate again (at home). Go swimming twice w/o the kids and at least once w/them.Keep trying w/trampoline class.
  • Finance: continue finding "snowflakes" small extra money to throw at my student loan in December. Yes, progress, sold a ccouple of bigger items - happy. Sort out the car insurance (switch provider). No, and now there is a possible issue w/the car. 

As always:

Quite a lot of green, I am rather pleased and happy. I would

-------------------------------
I missed hitting the posting button yesterday, no idea how I wanted to finish that sentence. Today has been busy sorting out the car (jump starting etc) but it is now all ok.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2022, 07:34:27 AM »
Bit late on the final update, but here we are!

1. Read 8 books - 7/8, just couldn't catch up
  a. 1 Philosophy - 1/1 Done
  b. 1 History/Natural History - 1/1 Done
  c. 4 from TBR - 3/4
2. Do at least 35 sit-ups per day (average) - 37, just made it
3. Spend time outside 24/31 days - 22/31, not quite there
4. Complete "Yoga for Beginners" playlist (15 sessions) - 15/15, plus 2 from the next playlist

Creativity:
5. Repair Sewing Machine - Taken to shop!
6. Bake something each week - Rye bread, granola x3
7. Try a new food/recipe - Skipped, just too busy
8. Salsa canning - Done!

Social:
9. Visit Dad - Done!
10. Visit Ren Faire - Done!
11. Host dinner with friends - Done!
13. Celebrate Mabon (September Solstice) - Done!
[/quote]

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2022, 08:37:34 AM »
You have done really well @Raenia!
Also thanks for starting the October one, I will post there later today.

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 09:39:34 AM »
Financial Goal
Have a 50% saving rate this month Yes 53% savings rate

Fitness Goal
Walk or run 110.7 miles this month. This was set by Apple Watch based on previous activity. Did not meet goal

Social Goal
Have 2 outings with friends this month Did not meet goal

Self Care
Read 2 fiction books for fun this month Only read 1 book

Home
Follow the cleaning schedule in my home planner Way better than most months, I'd call this a win

Minimizing
Eat all of the breakfast foods before purchasing new (breakfast bars, sandwiches, oatmeal, etc) Nope, bought some more bars. I really prefer convenience food.
Use up, sell, donate or trash 25 items I did part with some items, but not 25 total