Author Topic: May ~ Weight Loss Challenge  (Read 14703 times)

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
Re: May ~ Weight Loss Challenge
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2018, 10:29:48 PM »
I've lost a pound a week since last May. Started at 222 and now at 160.

Love!!

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2018, 11:36:11 PM »
I've lost a pound a week since last May. Started at 222 and now at 160.

Love!!

Wow! That's SO impressive.

ohsnap

• Bristles
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2018, 08:53:05 AM »
Help me get through May! I am so bored with my eating plan.  It looks the same almost every day, week after week:
Breakfast: yogurt with granola and fruit, or a veggie omelet and fruit salad
Lunch: a massive salad - themed either greek, asian, or mexican
Dinner: veggie or shrimp tacos, or whole-wheat spaghetti w/vegetarian meatballs, or a tofu & veggie stir-fry
Snack: whole-wheat crackers w/hummus, or apple w/nut butter, or yogurt if I didn't have it at breakfast.

I'm really encouraged that I'm losing weight, so I'm motivated to stick with it, but I need some ideas that will keep me from a big cheat.

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2018, 09:21:07 AM »
Help me get through May! I am so bored with my eating plan.  It looks the same almost every day, week after week:
Dinner: veggie or shrimp tacos, or whole-wheat spaghetti w/vegetarian meatballs, or a tofu & veggie stir-fry
Snack: whole-wheat crackers w/hummus, or apple w/nut butter, or yogurt if I didn't have it at breakfast.

I'm really encouraged that I'm losing weight, so I'm motivated to stick with it, but I need some ideas that will keep me from a big cheat.

Can you identify what, specifically, you're bored without? Are you missing salty, or crunchy, or sweet, or spicy? Pinning that down, and adjusting accordingly could help alleviate boredom.

If you can't identify any specific flavor or sensation, perhaps you're experiencing brain hunger? My lizard brain spends a lot (like, a lot) of time trying to get me to shove food into my mouth hole because it's bored and also an asshole. I've recently started using tapping, and preliminary results are good. I don't believe that it's realigning my bodily energy, but it does help break the cycle of compulsion towards food and rededicate my higher brain towards long-term goals.

Finally, check your macros. Your struggles might result from a true lack in one of the macros. Also check sodium, since a drop can trigger pretty good cravings for salty food.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2018, 09:38:18 AM »
Welcome to the new peeps - you've been added to the roster!

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2018, 09:53:47 AM »
Can I join too?  I joined the 2018 weight loss challenge, but... that's apparently too long of a commitment for me, which is silly.

I'll say 3 lbs? 

I'd prefer 5, because it would put me solidly down to the next 10s category, but I don't have THAT much to lose.  I'm also picking up my gym membership again for Mother's day, which might actually slow down my loss a little at first.  If I lift regularly, I change shape, but it's harder to lose lbs because I retain water more and gain a little bit of muscle.

I think my plan right now is to batch cook my breakfasts and stop eating sweets.  I've been doing kind-of gluten free for almost a month, and tracking my food.  My triggers are mostly starchy breads and cookies and eating the kid's leftover goldfish, but since I've been avoiding those for so long, it'll be easier than it used to be to cut out more starch.  My breakfast now is overnight oats with chocolate protein powder, banana, greek yogurt, coconut milk, and berries.  Pretty healthy overall, lots of nutrients, but it starts my day off with a sweet "treat" that leaves me wanting more.  I'm going to make myself some egg cups with veggies and avocado and see if that helps my cravings.

ohsnap

• Bristles
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2018, 11:25:37 AM »

Can you identify what, specifically, you're bored without? Are you missing salty, or crunchy, or sweet, or spicy? Pinning that down, and adjusting accordingly could help alleviate boredom.

If you can't identify any specific flavor or sensation, perhaps you're experiencing brain hunger? My lizard brain spends a lot (like, a lot) of time trying to get me to shove food into my mouth hole because it's bored and also an asshole. I've recently started using tapping, and preliminary results are good. I don't believe that it's realigning my bodily energy, but it does help break the cycle of compulsion towards food and rededicate my higher brain towards long-term goals.

Finally, check your macros. Your struggles might result from a true lack in one of the macros. Also check sodium, since a drop can trigger pretty good cravings for salty food.
Thanks for the reply.  The boredom is because it's just the same thing, day in and day out...so many salads and stir fries!!  (and I truly enjoy vegetables...but I've never had so many before).  I am not really craving sweets or salts or any other "cheats".  But yesterday I watched my husband and son eat turkey sandwiches and thought, "Dang I want a turkey sandwich."  You know what - I should have just had one! A turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread would not have killed my diet yesterday.  I think I just decided what to have for lunch today!  I'll just skip the cheese, and mash up some avocado instead of spreading mayo on the bread.

Anette

• Bristles
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2018, 03:03:02 PM »
Didn't reach my loosing 7 pounds in April goal ( lost 3), did manage to go for at least three 40 min walks in the woods/week and that felt good. Will continue to go walking and try 4 pounds this  month.

I feel like I need to find a reward ( I know: feeling better, fitting in my clothes, being healthier... should feel like a great reward)

Like I am sitting on my couch thinking of all these very good reasons to loose the weight while I am eating ice cream... I am having a real hard time with self discipline.

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2018, 04:06:27 PM »
I’m also struggling with discipline. I’m up 1.5 lb from the beginning of the month. Yesterday I sat down and ran an estimate on what would actually be required for me to see an 8 lb loss by the end of the month (from current, not from starting).  It boils down to eating 1200 calories, walking about 6 miles (my commute plus 2, 1-mile walks with the dog) and 100 calories of bodyweight exercises daily. 

Doable? Yes. That’s pretty much what I did a few years ago when I successfully lost weight, but right now? I don’t know if I have it in me.  1200 calories takes hella discipline and the dog is still working on leash manners so walking a mile is taking us about an hour at this point.

It’s my roommate’s birthday today. We’re gonna do a side-by-side comparison of two brownie recipes. I have 150 calories left for the day and haven’t had dinner yet, wish me luck.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2018, 04:21:51 PM »
Yesterday I sat down and ran an estimate on what would actually be required for me to see an 8 lb loss by the end of the month (from current, not from starting).  It boils down to eating 1200 calories, walking about 6 miles (my commute plus 2, 1-mile walks with the dog) and 100 calories of bodyweight exercises daily. 

Doable? Yes. That’s pretty much what I did a few years ago when I successfully lost weight, but right now? I don’t know if I have it in me.  1200 calories takes hella discipline and the dog is still working on leash manners so walking a mile is taking us about an hour at this point.

How about changing the goal to 2lbs? Then it's more flexible, thus doable, and you're still moving in the optimal direction (vs potentially giving up, self-starving toward the end of month, etc)?

alleykat

• Bristles
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
Didn't reach my loosing 7 pounds in April goal ( lost 3), did manage to go for at least three 40 min walks in the woods/week and that felt good. Will continue to go walking and try 4 pounds this  month.

I feel like I need to find a reward ( I know: feeling better, fitting in my clothes, being healthier... should feel like a great reward)

Like I am sitting on my couch thinking of all these very good reasons to loose the weight while I am eating ice cream... I am having a real hard time with self discipline.

😂 lol.   Self discipline is a struggle for me too.  I seem to be my own worse enemy.   

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:56 PM »
How about changing the goal to 2lbs? Then it's more flexible, thus doable, and you're still moving in the optimal direction (vs potentially giving up, self-starving toward the end of month, etc)?

I honestly feel like I'd rather just give up than aim for a loss that slow. It's not about meeting some monthly number I've picked for myself. It's about being a fatass and at this point I'm disgusted with myself regardless.

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2018, 07:39:38 PM »

I honestly feel like I'd rather just give up than aim for a loss that slow. It's not about meeting some monthly number I've picked for myself. It's about being a fatass and at this point I'm disgusted with myself regardless.

Pax, brother. I also felt wildly unhappy about how physically big I’d become. And my peak weight had the added humiliation of being weighed and measured and getting a discipline letter formally telling me I was fat, and to fix it. The 4 weeks it took to dial in my calories and actually see some downward progress was incredibly frustrating. I wanted to gnaw my wrists open.

Still, 1 - 1.5 lbs per week has a much larger chance of long term success, and better health outcomes. Relate it back to ’a full MMM crashstop’. You know the ones. They just sold all their possessions, rented a backyard shed from the dudebro down the street, and have informed their spouse the grocery store is now verboten in lieu of foraging and dumpster diving. They are puzzled as to why relations have broken down, and you, experienced forumite, can just see the flameout on the horizon. Your diet plan sounds similar, and I might be nothing but an internet stranger, but I honestly don’t want that pain for you.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2018, 11:30:13 PM »

Oh :(     I’m so sorry you’re feeling so crappy about yourself, neophyte. I know (from the forum) that you’re an awesome person. But I know that doesn’t change how you feel in and about your physicality.

A kickstart can certainly help, when we feel that shitty about our starting point. Would you like to converse here about what kickstarts have helped others? Or is there another way we can all help you achieve your dream here?

koshtra

• Pencil Stache
    • Mole
« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2018, 11:57:10 PM »
I have the advantage of knowing I have no will power at all, so I'm not tempted to heroics like resisting brownies when I'm hungry. Not going to happen, not ever.

SquashingDebt

• Bristles
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2018, 04:49:19 AM »

Oh :(     I’m so sorry you’re feeling so crappy about yourself, neophyte. I know (from the forum) that you’re an awesome person. But I know that doesn’t change how you feel in and about your physicality.

A kickstart can certainly help, when we feel that shitty about our starting point. Would you like to converse here about what kickstarts have helped others? Or is there another way we can all help you achieve your dream here?

@jooniFLORisploo - I mostly just lurk here on the forums, but wanted to thank you for all your kind, thoughtful contributions on the forums.  I've been working a lot on improving my self care recently and your example has really helped me (especially in the Healthy Choices thread).  This post in particular was really kind and thoughtful and helpful and for whatever reason brought tears to my eyes.  Anyhow, thank you!

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2018, 06:15:51 AM »
Thank you, SquashingDebt! Last night and this morning i was feeling futile, for [forum reasons]. You sure lifted that for me right now! So...right back atcha, ha :)

Gilly

• Stubble
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2018, 06:22:51 AM »

Uff. Do you feel any better about this after a night's rest? Not being facetious, just wondering because there are certain times of day where I am convinced anything and everything I attempt is a failure. Hopefully a new day bring a more positive outlook. Second JooniFLorisploo offer of different ideas to achieve success, iff you wish to discuss.

Gilly

• Stubble
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2018, 06:32:23 AM »
Feel soft of weird posting one after another, but it has been a week since this challenge started and I wanted to check in for personal accountability.

Starting weight on 5/1: 197.6 lbs
Average of the week since: 196.4 lbs
Weight today: 198.6 lbs (my highest weight this week)
Lowest weight in past week: 195.4 lbs

Non-Scale positives: Biked into work 5/5 working days. Had my longest run yet.
Room for improvement: Too many alcoholic drinks (9). Only did 15 minutes of yoga, I want to get this up to 35 for the week.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2018, 08:53:17 AM »
Feel soft of weird posting one after another, but it has been a week since this challenge started and I wanted to check in for personal accountability.

Starting weight on 5/1: 197.6 lbs
Average of the week since: 196.4 lbs
Weight today: 198.6 lbs (my highest weight this week)
Lowest weight in past week: 195.4 lbs

Non-Scale positives: Biked into work 5/5 working days. Had my longest run yet.
Room for improvement: Too many alcoholic drinks (9). Only did 15 minutes of yoga, I want to get this up to 35 for the week.

The most successful weight loss period for me was years ago when I did an online challenge with a few other people and we made a commitment to post daily.  Something about posting no matter how I was feeling (I tend to not want to post when I'm not doing well) made a huge difference and the support we were able to generate for each other was amazing.  So of course, I think more posting is always a good thing! :) 

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2018, 08:56:08 AM »
I forgot my lunch yesterday, so I was ravenous by the time I got home.  Ate a bunch of cheese and cashews while cooking a healthy dinner, then I ate a bunch of leftover rice with butter and more cashews and a clif bar and probably more things too after dinner :( 

They weren't that delicious, and I was uncomfortably full, but I still kept going, even though I was conscious of the fact that I was making ridiculous choices.  Why?  It's so silly :(  Should have had some gum instead.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2018, 09:03:25 AM »

@jooniFLORisploo - I mostly just lurk here on the forums, but wanted to thank you for all your kind, thoughtful contributions on the forums.  I've been working a lot on improving my self care recently and your example has really helped me (especially in the Healthy Choices thread).  This post in particular was really kind and thoughtful and helpful and for whatever reason brought tears to my eyes.  Anyhow, thank you!

+100!!!

@jooniFLORisploo has a tremendous gift of compassion.  You do, jooni!!!  :) 

I remember years ago my therapist telling me that I was way too hard on myself, and I just couldn't see it.  I didn't think she was lying per se, as she was a wonderful person, but I thought she was surely MISTAKEN.  :)  Turns out she was right and now I can sometimes, sometimes, catch myself being really harsh with myself.  But it's still hard to see it and even harder to stop.  What I should do is find a replacement behavior/thought to replace it with, rather than try to figure out a way to just eliminate it.  Apparently, that is easier to do.  Identify - Replace!

See how great jooni is?  Her wonderful comment has made several of us look inward and possibly make positive changes in how we treat ourselves (and hopefully others).  What a gift!  Jooni - you are a gift to our planet.   ((((((((( jooni ))))))))))  Thank you.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2018, 09:33:24 AM »
Aw, (((thank you, jane x))))

You know I'm so grateful to YOU for creating this series. It's wonderful, allowing each of us to "start fresh" every month (as well as every day). The option to start fresh as often as needed is one of the biggest pieces to self-compassion, IMO. It's no small thing you've done here, in acting on your inspiration.

koshtra

• Pencil Stache
    • Mole
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
Joon is the best.

And yeah, about getting down on yourself. It's like scolding dogs for eating meat that you left them alone with. They're just going to eat it, that's how they're made. We're clever primates, and our evolutionary niche is finding troves of densely caloric food that other critters aren't smart enough to get to. We're designed to obsess about it. Resisting those things (long-term, anyway) just isn't in our specs.

Now we're in an environment where those troves are everywhere, constantly available, and marketed to us with fiendish cleverness. Of course we're fat.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2018, 09:48:40 AM »
Aw, (((thank you, jane x))))

You know I'm so grateful to YOU for creating this series. It's wonderful, allowing each of us to "start fresh" every month (as well as every day). The option to start fresh as often as needed is one of the biggest pieces to self-compassion, IMO. It's no small thing you've done here, in acting on your inspiration.

I've kinda been shocked (and delighted!) by the response to tell you the truth.  I was afraid of posting the first thread because I didn't think anyone would be interested.  Goes to show that old saying is true:  Don't Believe Everything You Think!

"Self-compassion... the option to start fresh as often as needed."  That's really interesting.  Have you ever read or listened to any of Clarissa Pinkola Estes' work?  She has some amazing audio books and one of the things I remember her saying is that "life gives us endless do-overs."  And that thought has always stayed with me because my thinking goes contrary to it and it's a burden to live with.

It would be interesting to do a month-long focus on self-compassion.  Would you be up for it?  I often think I don't know how to do it.  I think the only way I've ever known how to show love/kindness/compassion for myself is with food.       

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2018, 09:58:17 AM »
Have you ever read or listened to any of Clarissa Pinkola Estes' work?  She has some amazing audio books and one of the things I remember her saying is that "life gives us endless do-overs."

Oh, not yet! The name is new to me. But the idea of being able to start fresh every single day has been a theme for me for some decades. Critically important, otherwise I would have chosen to die.

It would be interesting to do a month-long focus on self-compassion.  Would you be up for it?

TOTALLY.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2018, 10:01:16 AM »
Joon is the best.

And yeah, about getting down on yourself. It's like scolding dogs for eating meat that you left them alone with. They're just going to eat it, that's how they're made. We're clever primates, and our evolutionary niche is finding troves of densely caloric food that other critters aren't smart enough to get to. We're designed to obsess about it. Resisting those things (long-term, anyway) just isn't in our specs.

Now we're in an environment where those troves are everywhere, constantly available, and marketed to us with fiendish cleverness. Of course we're fat.

Yes!  I think it's especially powerful when advertising targets our need for belonging and love with food.  The need for belonging and love is primal and advertising is able to bypass our thinking brain and hijack our primal brain into actually believing that food will give us that sense of belonging and being loved.  And of course, when it doesn't, we think it's just because we're not eating the right food, so we keep trying.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2018, 10:11:30 AM »
Have you ever read or listened to any of Clarissa Pinkola Estes' work?  She has some amazing audio books and one of the things I remember her saying is that "life gives us endless do-overs."

Oh, not yet! The name is new to me. But the idea of being able to start fresh every single day has been a theme for me for some decades. Critically important, otherwise I would have chosen to die.

It would be interesting to do a month-long focus on self-compassion.  Would you be up for it?

TOTALLY.

That would be so AWESOME!  You wanna start now?  We can start a new thread just for it. 

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2018, 10:12:37 AM »
Mehh I've been doing bad this month, or actually since April 26 already. Didn't manage to eat healthy much and excercised way less than normal/desirable. Lots of work stress + lots of semi-bad eating + some national holidays/festivals + the work and festivals getting in the way of my regular exercise schedule = lots of meh.

I want to get back on track but the work stress won't end until Monday and the Wednesday after I'll go on vacation (yes, I planned that very well and I'm looking forward to it big time!). No expectations to lose any weight tho so I hope at least I won't be creeping up.

koshtra

• Pencil Stache
    • Mole
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2018, 10:15:16 AM »
Yes!  I think it's especially powerful when advertising targets our need for belonging and love with food.  The need for belonging and love is primal and advertising is able to bypass our thinking brain and hijack our primal brain into actually believing that food will give us that sense of belonging and being loved.  And of course, when it doesn't, we think it's just because we're not eating the right food, so we keep trying.

And that's on top of all the social and family food rituals where genuine bonding is all tangled up with (over-) eating. This stuff is hard.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2018, 11:31:56 AM »

The most successful weight loss period for me was years ago when I did an online challenge with a few other people and we made a commitment to post daily.  Something about posting no matter how I was feeling (I tend to not want to post when I'm not doing well) made a huge difference and the support we were able to generate for each other was amazing.  So of course, I think more posting is always a good thing! :)

I post here twice a month - day 1 and day 31.  But I have an Excel spreadsheet and every day my first thing in the morning weight gets recorded, plus the time of day, plus anything that might be relevant.  I've kept this off and on for about 3 years now - I can look back and see the weight creeping up while my knee was so bad. 

CNM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2018, 11:33:44 AM »
May I join, too?  I have already been working on this goal, and it is to lose 3 lbs by the end of May.

hoping2retire35

• Handlebar Stache
  • just want to see where this appears
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2018, 12:05:56 PM »
Well, some big changes lately. It seems like it took me all of March and half of April before I began to get results. Lots of diet changes, intermittent running from time to time and trying to do some athletic event stuff. Weight would go up or down by 2 pounds but basically stay the same. But mid-April I started lifting 4 days a week and running about 3 days (sometimes on the same days) along with a supple amount of yard work. Most of the changes happened on the weekends. Cut out booze to one day a week and really started to cut back on what I ate, trying cut out sugar and up the protein.

If I can keep this up I'll be done cutting by the end of May. Here goes another week of sitting at work and thinking of food.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »
No real progress so far. :\

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2018, 01:15:59 PM »
I forgot to post my week 1 progress.  I'm down 2.4 lbs and I'm very surprised by it and trying not to forecast this kind of loss for the rest of the month.  In March I lost 1 lb total.  So I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. 

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2018, 01:24:07 PM »
You wanna start now?  We can start a new thread just for it.

Yes :)    Please make, and I join right away!

BuildingmyFIRE

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2018, 02:33:57 PM »
I'm a glutton for punishment.  Put me in for 5.  The same 5 I've been trying to lose (and keep off) since I had surgery.  A year and a half ago.  *sigh*. I have been really good about not buying new clothes this year, but that means I have been limited to the "fat clothes" in my closet, which is not a robust selection.  Wish me luck!

facepalm

• Bristles
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2018, 05:17:03 PM »
In. I'll go for 8.

Stepped on the scale this morning. I'm down 8, but let's see if I can keep it off 'till the end of the month.

koshtra

• Pencil Stache
    • Mole
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2018, 10:05:11 AM »
Wednesday weekly averages:

April 25:      162.0 lbs, 36.1"
May 2:        160.7 lbs, 35.8"
May 9:        160.3 lbs, 35.5"

So far, so good: -- trying to level off the weight loss but lose a couple more inches around the waist, and it looks like I hit it about right this week. I've never played the end game of a weight loss before. Tricky, loosening the reins without letting the horse bolt.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2018, 10:43:27 AM »
Down 1.8 as of this morning, 3.2 to go for me. Seems to be tracking well towards month end so far.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »
Welcome new people - you've been added!

Completely unrelated to weight loss:  I was using my credit card for online purchase and I had it in my hand to get the numbers.  It has now disappeared.  My desk has swallowed it.  The universe is telling me that my desk has become a financial hazard!  :)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 02:50:46 PM by jane x »

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2018, 03:50:19 PM »
My update: My eating has been up, my movement down. Fascinatingly, my weight is also up ;)
I'm not worried. Sometimes I need a week to kick back, as other aspects of life need attention. I know I'll resume my norm shortly.

K-12FI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2018, 08:14:07 AM »
Goal: Drop 12 lbs before end of summer.

Starting Weight: 137 lbs

Current: 15.2 lbs.

Gilly

• Stubble
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2018, 06:58:28 AM »
End of week 2:
Weekly high: 197.0
Weekly low: 194.6
Weekly average: 196.2
Progress. average not great, but low and high showed improvement.
I'm just tracking everything, and whichever number makes me happy is the one I will go with :)
Hope everybody is making progress in at least one metric.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2018, 08:53:41 AM »
@Gilly - I like your methodology!  :)  And congrats on the progress.

Well, I lost over 2 lbs last week and then promptly gained them back plus a little extra so I ended the week with a slight gain of .3 lbs.  And I've been really hungry too.  On Friday night we went to the movies and I had a huge tub of popcorn so I don't know if that triggered something.  Oh well, I'm in this for the long game.  I'm still down 2 lbs for the month and that's a good thing.

How's everyone else doing?

Sailor Sam

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • Semper...something
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2018, 08:56:30 AM »
@Gilly - I like your methodology!  :)  And congrats on the progress.
How's everyone else doing?

Still processing out the water gain, and possible weight gain, from drinking all the booze on Saturday. Lesson learned, body. Lesson learned.

wildbeast

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2018, 11:14:42 AM »
I forgot to mention a nice NSV (non-scale victory).  Yesterday I was preparing to go swimming after over a month away and I found that my suit was too big, so I dug out my collection and was pleasantly surprised to find that I've gone down 3 sizes since the beginning of the year. 

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2018, 12:16:22 PM »
I forgot to mention a nice NSV (non-scale victory).  Yesterday I was preparing to go swimming after over a month away and I found that my suit was too big, so I dug out my collection and was pleasantly surprised to find that I've gone down 3 sizes since the beginning of the year.

Congrats! That's pretty exciting!

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement. Especially @jooniFLORisploo.  I've been holding at 166.5 for the last two days, so at least I'm not still looking at a gain for this month. I haven't managed to keep to any of the things I calculated I would need to do except for walking the dog, which isn't really optional.  Between that and my commute, I'm walking for 3-4 hours a day and I feel like I don't have time for anything else. I think some of my frustrated outburst in my last post was hormonal, some of it was due to exhaustion, and some is just that I am honestly really frustrated at my rate of weight loss so far this year. I was aiming for 5lb/ month to meet my goals by fall which should be a sustainable rate, but I'm considerably slower. 

Hormones are back under control this week, but I'm dealing with a bigger sleep deficit than I was. I don't know how I'm supposed to find time to exercise when I can't even find time to cut the grass or put away my laundry. [cut out long rant about roommates and puppy].

I'm making my two main goals for this week sleeping and trying to work on getting the cat to accept the presence of the dog. And cutting the grass and putting away the laundry.

I've got Jury Duty tomorrow. Oh joy! I'll take healthy snacks so I don't wind up eating from vending machines and convenience stores.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:19:16 PM by neophyte »

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2018, 06:10:15 PM »
trying to work on getting the cat to accept the presence of the dog.

OT a bit - My cat was really easy to persuade. I always let her give the puppy a good swat, puppy learned respect and fear for the cat, and all was fine.  Given the puppy was bigger than the cat when she first came home, respect and fear were good things.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2018, 06:13:53 PM »
I'd like to thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement. Especially @jooniFLORisploo

(((neophyte)))   And congrats on your current success! Holding steady is already no small feat!