Author Topic: May Cycling Challenge 2015  (Read 21479 times)

jordanread

May Cycling Challenge 2015
« on: May 02, 2015, 03:27:56 PM »
The cycling challenge for May 2015 is up and ready for you!!

If you logged miles last month, and selected "Remember Me" on the form, you have been added to this month's sheet already.

If you didn't log miles, or are a new participant
Click here to fill out the form.

You can access the sheet at this link.

The historical data on your individual sheets will update from the April challenge a couple times per day, so if you have added miles to last month, and they don't show up, just give it a bit. If they aren't there within a day, or you have any other issues with the sheet, hit me up via email, Google+ Hangouts, PM, or just comment on this thread.

Happy Cycling!!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
Re: May Cycling Challenge 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 09:35:36 PM »
Started the month out with a Century Ride today :-D  Bittersweetly I'll be traveling internationally and may not have much of a chance to log a lot of miles this month, so I'm looking to everyone else to help keep our average up :-P.

Longwaytogo

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 06:37:53 AM »
Totally f*ed this up in April. I was just trying to add my miles on the Summary page. I now see you can click on your name at bottom and add each days miles. I'll try to do it right this month!

Rode up to the tennis courts at a nearby park yesterday to meet my wife and her sister for a few games. Then left tennis gear with her and went and did my normal 10 or so mile mountain bike ride. Perfect 70 degree day for it.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 06:55:59 AM »
Posted this on my journal, but had my first big cargo ride of the year yesterday. Went to Costco (~24 miles RT). Wasn't very fast on the way there, kept feeling out of breath. I've noticed I sometimes need 5-10 miles just to warm up lately and then I get in a better groove. There was a bit of a headwind though, so maybe it was catching on my trailer and creating extra drag that tired me out.

Anyways, had a LOT to get, well over 100lbs worth of stuff. The rubbermaid tub ratchet strapped to the trailer seems to be the ideal cargo solution for me right now, when panniers aren't sufficient (they were full as well). God I love this old Burley trailer - way more functional than the "fancy" new ones.

The ride back was fun. Extra inertia on the downhills, while occasionally a bit scary, is super fun. Almost broke 30mph and I was actually faster heading home with the load than I was on the way there.

Edit: Anyone want to swap Strava info? My profile is here.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 07:02:37 AM by Thegoblinchief »

mskyle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 03:40:41 PM »
I had a pretty great (by my standards) April - bike commuted every work day, and I had a lot of double-commute or going-out-after-work days besides. Total of 241 miles, which is probably the most I've ever rode in a month. Here's hoping May will be just as good.

I would like to ride my bike for more errands, but my bf is not as devoted as I am, and he really likes to come along at least for grocery shopping. We both just joined a local bike activist organization, which entered us into a raffle for a Yuba Boda Boda, so in the unlikely event one of us wins it maybe I'll be able to convince him to go shopping by bike (actually we are fully capable of doing a week-plus grocery shop with our current bikes, but maybe it would be motivating). It's really just that one weekend-morning grocery shop that we use the car for (and it's only 3 miles RT) so maybe I should just lighten up! We do go almost everyplace else by bike (or sometimes public transport).

Oh, and a friend had extra tickets for the opera the other night... we both ended up biking to the opening night of Don Giovanni. Since we both bike to work it just seemed like a lot more effort to go home and then come in by car or train. I had to remember to bring my junky helmet though, because I didn't want to lock my nice one up and risk it being stolen or bring it in and have to leave it under my seat.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 03:47:24 PM by mskyle »

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 03:50:34 PM »
Trying to encourage my girls to get faster by bribing them with their choice of a treat or a $1 added to their spending account for every ride that Strava logs us over a goal.

So far one hit, one miss but the goal is 8.5 mph (with auto pause for traffic lights). Even today's miss was an 8.2 average, which is well over the 6.5-7.5 range we've been in. Anything over 8 also goes along way to scratching my need for exercise, which means I need to take fewer rides without the family along to feel good. (I realize 8 isn't fast at all, and my normal average is 13-15 but it seems to be a threshold for me.)

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 07:29:32 PM »
So I signed up the other day, but don't think it went through. Should I resubmit the form?

Did 12 km Saturday, and 23 km today, testing out how I would do biking to work. Excited to try biking 1 or 2x this week. It'll be 40 k round trip if I park at the local train station to save me the first 10 k of each trip.

jordanread

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2015, 06:17:47 AM »
So I signed up the other day, but don't think it went through. Should I resubmit the form?

Did 12 km Saturday, and 23 km today, testing out how I would do biking to work. Excited to try biking 1 or 2x this week. It'll be 40 k round trip if I park at the local train station to save me the first 10 k of each trip.

Maya, I don't see your response recorded. Can you resubmit it, and let me know if you have any issues?

b4u2

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2015, 06:23:32 AM »
Did I mess up the April sheet because only half my mileage from April rolled over on the May sheet.

jordanread

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 06:34:03 AM »
Did I mess up the April sheet because only half my mileage from April rolled over on the May sheet.

B4U2, it looks as if you manually entered data into the Summary sheet as opposed to just editing your sheet. This slightly messed up the historical import. I will manually fix you for this month. In the future, just make sure you only edit your own sheet.

b4u2

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2015, 06:35:32 AM »

B4U2, it looks as if you manually entered data into the Summary sheet as opposed to just editing your sheet. This slightly messed up the historical import. I will manually fix you for this month. In the future, just make sure you only edit your own sheet.

Ahh. I felt like I was messing something up last month. I'll try and make sure I use it correctly. I don't use Excel much.

jordanread

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2015, 06:37:27 AM »

Ahh. I felt like I was messing something up last month. I'll try and make sure I use it correctly. I don't use Excel much.

No biggie. I had to remove a bunch of security to make sure everyone can use it, which is fine, but allows for certain errors (like this one). I've fixed it permanently moving forward for April. Happy Cycling.

jopiquant

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
Totally f*ed this up in April. I was just trying to add my miles on the Summary page. I now see you can click on your name at bottom and add each days miles. I'll try to do it right this month!

Been there!

TrMama

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 04:34:17 PM »
Anyways, had a LOT to get, well over 100lbs worth of stuff. The rubbermaid tub ratchet strapped to the trailer seems to be the ideal cargo solution for me right now, when panniers aren't sufficient (they were full as well). God I love this old Burley trailer - way more functional than the "fancy" new ones.

+1 for the rubbermaid tubs on the trailer. This is similar to my setup and I'm really liking it. I especially like that it should be waterproof since I'll be doing lots of winter trips in the pouring rain.

I took my 8yo with me to get groceries from the furthest grocery store in our rotation this weekend and she has gotten so much faster and stronger. In fact, I even had trouble keeping up with her on some of the uphill stretches.

WerKater

• Bristles
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 01:16:38 AM »
Extra ride today because the train drivers are on strike with projected mega traffic jams. From what I saw, the projections were about right. The strike could go on until sunday. Good thing I am going on vacation on thursday.
And I kight ride tomorrow as well. We will see whether I will be able to stand upright after that ;)

Nancy

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 06:59:31 AM »
GC, I am impressed! Nice haul!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 01:07:48 PM »
Got my last big mileage in before the trip.  Best time in the race last night, even though I'm still not winning I improved a lot compared to the previous two weeks.  This time I was able to maintain position while going around corners, pulled for a little, and had fun.  Going to miss it for the next three weeks.

Mrs. PoP

• Bristles
    • Planting Our Pennies
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 04:54:31 AM »
Finally entered my last week of April numbers today.  Hope that doesn't mess anything up by being too late!

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 05:37:33 PM »
I tried submitting again. Hope it works. If it doesn't must be the iPad and I'll try to get on my computer.

Nearly 18 k done today biking the kids to and from daycare and then hitting up the park. Such gorgeous weather here!  Up to nearly 150 k on my bike since I bought it. Only cost me $60 after getting reimbursed from my work's fitness credit. Once I hit 600 km I'll have saved that $60 in gas costs!

I'm really loving hauling the kids around in the trailer!

Nancy

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 06:57:13 AM »
Third flat tire in a month (two different bikes)! I'll try and patch my tube before I leave work tonight. On  the bright side, I got a lovely walk in, and I found a bikeable shortcut.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 08:09:46 AM »
Third flat tire in a month (two different bikes)! I'll try and patch my tube before I leave work tonight. On  the bright side, I got a lovely walk in, and I found a bikeable shortcut.

What I do is carry a spare tube (and a patch kit, in the unlikely event you get two flats in a single ride) and swap the tube out, patching the old one when I get home, then that becomes the new spare. In dark, rain, or even daylight (but in a busy area) it can be a real PITA to try and find the leak. But good luck!

I've had 2 flats recently that were slow enough that I had to use the "inflated tube under water" trick to find the air escaping.

jordanread

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »
Finally entered my last week of April numbers today.  Hope that doesn't mess anything up by being too late!

You'll probably need to manually modify your history column. Next month it will update from the form, but some of the automated stuff is causing too much overhead, so it's been disabled.

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »

What I do is carry a spare tube (and a patch kit, in the unlikely event you get two flats in a single ride) and swap the tube out, patching the old one when I get home, then that becomes the new spare. In dark, rain, or even daylight (but in a busy area) it can be a real PITA to try and find the leak. But good luck!

I've had 2 flats recently that were slow enough that I had to use the "inflated tube under water" trick to find the air escaping.

I always put my tires on the same way, with the PSI over the valve stem.  This way when I find the cause of the leak, like a splinter of metal or piece of glass, I can easily find where it is on my inner tube, or vice verse if I find the leak easily I can check the tire where the leak was found.  I also keep a pump at work because 90% of the time I find the flat either after I get home or after I get off work, the 10% of the time I find it on the road it is a PITA, but I generally still go for fixing it as I always want to find the cause to make sure my new tube doesn't get punctured by the same thing being still in the tire, and knowing where it is I can then find the leak in the tube easily, and by that point why not just fix it?  It does come down a little to personal preference, as others I know do the same as the Goblin Chief.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2015, 03:45:44 PM »
Successfully took the goblins on their longest ride yet: 19.3 miles. Wanted to see if they could get to their doctor's check up without needing to use the car. It was such a nice day, and they were a bit tired on the way back, that we stopped at 3 different parks on the way home. But we maintained an average speed of 8.4mph which is good for them - and better than I expected given the distance and the hills on the route.

MLKnits

• Bristles
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 07:42:04 AM »
Having a great month so far! I'm particularly proud that, driving back from a work obligation in another city at juuuust about my usual quitting time, I parked at the office, changed, and biked home when I could very, very easily have just kept driving past (thereby missing out on two separate rides--home that night and back the following morning).

It's starting to get hot, though. I need to prioritize getting a rack, and start being much better about sunscreen ...

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2015, 10:40:38 AM »
Bike pedals, shoes, computer, and clothing packed up and ready for take off.  Hoping to make the most out of this trip and to get some good riding in.  I commuted by bike in Taiwan for a few years but was never really a cyclist then.  Only possible kink in the plan may be the typhoon which is to land on Tuesday.

Nancy

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2015, 12:05:50 PM »
Thanks for the tips, Goblin Chief and ohyonghao!

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2015, 07:45:00 PM »
27 km hauling the kids and bike trailer around today! I'm exhausted.

2 round trip rides to the daycare, and then back there again in the evening for icecream (8km x3!)

Scaring me a bit for my attempt to work, but then I remind myself I won't be hauling up to 100 lbs behind me.

Work trip will be 30 km whole way, or 20 km if I park at a local train station.

PindyStache

• Stubble
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2015, 09:15:00 PM »
Successfully took the goblins on their longest ride yet: 19.3 miles. Wanted to see if they could get to their doctor's check up without needing to use the car. It was such a nice day, and they were a bit tired on the way back, that we stopped at 3 different parks on the way home. But we maintained an average speed of 8.4mph which is good for them - and better than I expected given the distance and the hills on the route.

Way to go goblins, very inspiring!

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 07:44:28 AM »
27 km hauling the kids and bike trailer around today! I'm exhausted.

2 round trip rides to the daycare, and then back there again in the evening for icecream (8km x3!)

Scaring me a bit for my attempt to work, but then I remind myself I won't be hauling up to 100 lbs behind me.

Work trip will be 30 km whole way, or 20 km if I park at a local train station.

After a few months if hauling kids, your legs will be elephant killers. When I regularly hauled all 3 in trailer, every non-kid bike ride had me with a huge grin on my face as I rocketed forward at vastly increased speed and decreased effort.

Is that 30km RT or one way? If it's RT, that's a nice moderate ride as fitness increases. Yes it takes more time than a car, but it's time that you then DON'T have to spend exercising elsewhere to get cardio. Viewing the time holistically, I've rarely found bikes to actually take more time than a car - should be getting exercise anyways ;)

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »
30 km is 1 way, bought a used bike rack to cut 10 k off. That should take a little bit longer than taking the train. Currently the train takes me 1h05, park and bike would take me an estimated 55 mins, with 15-20 for changing and loading the bike, but I have trouble fitting exercise into my day otherwise.

Longwaytogo

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2015, 12:32:57 PM »

After a few months if hauling kids, your legs will be elephant killers. When I regularly hauled all 3 in trailer, every non-kid bike ride had me with a huge grin on my face as I rocketed forward at vastly increased speed and decreased effort.

Yeah I've been just doing small local stuff like parks, in-laws, groceries with the kids and it is a WORKOUT. Today we did around 6 miles and I was huffing and puffing more than I ever do on my 10 mile mountain bike loop (and that's on my single speed). Extra 70-100 pounds is a crazy difference. hopefully it will get easier as I keep it up.

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:50 PM »
Yeah my DH took my bike for 1 km when he thought I was going to slow. He gave it back to me pretty quiokly and stopped complaining after that. LOL.

mskyle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2015, 08:02:58 AM »
SO MANY BIKES on the road today! I recently read that 8% of commuters in my community and the community I work in use bikes for at least part of their commute. I believe it! Every light I stopped at today there were at least 3-4 bikes, and I ended up taking a different way for the last half-mile or so of my commute because there were so many bikes (going so slow) on the way I usually go.

I am whining, but of course I'm glad - more bikes on the road is a net positive for my community and even my commute. Also I passed a free bike breakfast at Whole Foods, but it was on the opposite side of the street and the light up ahead was green so I skipped it. Anyway, feeling pretty well-taken-care-of as a bike commuter this morning. Yay bikes!

We are currently a two-person, five-bike family, since my boyfriend got a geared road bike to replace his single-speed (but hasn't sold the single-speed yet). We also both have hybrids and I have a Dutch-style 5-speed. We're in a one-bedroom apartment with no garage and a wet basement, so the bikes are taking over our living space, but now I look at how fast he is on the new road bike and I think I want one of those. But my hybrid is so useful, and the 5-speed is so pretty and rides so smooth, I don't want to get rid of either of them. It's a sickness!

davisgang90

• Handlebar Stache
    • Photography by Rich Davis
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2015, 10:35:56 AM »
Since I switched to Continental Gatorskins I have not had a flat (about 1.5 years) (knocks on wood).

Kmp2

• Bristles
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2015, 01:01:34 PM »
It's a sickness!

Ha! It's an addiction :)

I bailed this morning due to a spring snowstorm. Really after biking all winter this is not an excuse anymore... even if our spring snowstorms can be epic. Nothing like a crappy bus ride, and what would've been a lovely winter wonderland ride to make you regret not biking!

timkrik

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2015, 05:22:34 PM »
I've been biking to work for close to a year now and it is invigorating. I live close enough to work, 2.5 miles/15 minutes, and my fitness level has increased to the extent that I have purposely increased my commute, 5 miles/30 minutes, each way.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:28:00 PM by timkrik »

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2015, 06:18:28 PM »

Since next weekend is the May 2-4 (Canadian Holiday) and we will be in Algonquin Park, we've been building the kids up to longer distances as well. This past weekend we took them on the local rail trail for a 17 km ride. On the weekend we'll do the algonquin trail and peg over 20. Yay for the littles!

Maybe soon we'll hit your 20 mile mark!

Nancy

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 07:40:05 AM »
I posted this elsewhere, but I sold a bike and my bike trailer this weekend. My husband and I have 2 more bikes to sell (doh!). Found out I get a $240/year bike commuting benefit. Work reimburses me for all bike-related gear/services as long as I biked the majority of the days in each month. Money for doing what I love! Score.

SisterX

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »
I just wanted to say that I have been biking, just haven't found the time to log my miles, and probably won't have time to do so for the foreseeable future.  (No smartphone or other fancy gadget to track them, I have to use the Googles to figure out my mileage and it takes time.  We're getting ready to move, so time is at a premium.)  Love to see everyone else's numbers, though!  Keep up the great work.

MLKnits

• Bristles
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »
SO MANY BIKES on the road today! I recently read that 8% of commuters in my community and the community I work in use bikes for at least part of their commute. I believe it! Every light I stopped at today there were at least 3-4 bikes, and I ended up taking a different way for the last half-mile or so of my commute because there were so many bikes (going so slow) on the way I usually go.

Oh, I miss that! It has its annoyances for sure, but it was nice not to be the only one. (Plus, wanting to pass other bikes and general competitiveness got me RACING along in those days--my thighs were enormous, it was wonderful. "Competing" against cars really isn't the same!)

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2015, 03:34:16 PM »
The spreadsheet has been glitchy lately, both from work and home. I blame Google.

It was hard to climb in the saddle this morning. Lately the safety rope for the trailer has been wrapping around its axle making it near-impossible to pull it. Need to get that fixed. But I'm still on track for 3 days by bike this week, which is my minimum, so everything is OK. Trying to stretch my current tank of gas out to 6 weeks. Last one lasted for 4.

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »
Well I was feeling sick and doing some painting while I was feeling OK so I ended up driving every where this week. Hope to get back in the saddle for next week.

To count mileage I got an odometer when I bought the bike for $25. Maybe not the most MMM purchase, but it is nice to see the km add up.

Roadhog

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »
I got yelled at this week for the first time.  An idiot in a car behind me thought he was an expert on where I should ride.   I was downtown in a right turn lane sitting behind a bus who was picking up passengers.  No one is going anywhere.   However, there is a bike lane to my left...which is there for those bikes going straight through the intersection.  The idiot layed on the horn and yelled "hey bike", I turned around and he was as was pointing to the bike lane.   I just ignored him and turned right following the bus.   Seriously, it would be dangerous to get in the bike lane in the blind spot of the bus even if I was going to go straight.

The good news is that this is rare, and I don't encounter flaming jerks most of the time.

Mrs. PoP

• Bristles
    • Planting Our Pennies
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2015, 06:05:54 PM »
A friend at work mentioned yesterday that it was officially National Bike to Work Day and reminded me that May is Bike to Work Month.  So kudos to everyone for participating now (and many year round!)

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE: June 17, 2016
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2015, 08:20:43 PM »
I called my insurance company to see if I could reduce my rates if I'm commuting by bike now -that was a no go. But they pointed out if I want to put my car in storage for the summer (when I'm off work, as a teacher), that would reduce our rates. I can't ditch the car entirely because when there's lightening or ice, I want it. But in summer, I don't need to go anywhere on a timetable, I think I could make that work.

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »
I called my insurance company to see if I could reduce my rates if I'm commuting by bike now -that was a no go. But they pointed out if I want to put my car in storage for the summer (when I'm off work, as a teacher), that would reduce our rates. I can't ditch the car entirely because when there's lightening or ice, I want it. But in summer, I don't need to go anywhere on a timetable, I think I could make that work.

It's hit and miss if insurance will have something good for low mileage usage, and even then it has to work with your vehicle and be available in your state.

I have Traveler's Insurance (not to be confused with the type of insurance) and they have a thing that's more geared towards young drivers, but works in my favor.  It uses a GPS tracker to count the mileage on my car and gives a discount the next year depending on how many miles I drove.  The first year of enrollment you get some sort of discount too.

Progressive also has a similar program, though it doesn't work with my car.

Metromile is another newer company who markets themselves to bike commuters.  Same concept as above, GPS tracker, but they are a pay by the mile company, so you can see a direct relationship of the number of miles you drive to how much it costs.  My problem has been three fold so far

1) my car sucks at getting quotes, seems like no matter how I start the quote, as soon as I get to the final stage and input my VIN it sky rockets, not sure what it is about my particular car, I would have thought the 2002 BMW 525i would have given an accurate quote, but it seems to always be a bait and switch.  This isn't just a metromile problem, it has been a Tarveler's, Progressive, Geiko, Metromile problem.

2) Metromile doesn't have house insurance partners, at least not the last time I checked, and the savings would have been eaten up by the penalty for not having my car insurance through them

3) They don't allow me to exclude my wife from the policy, even though she doesn't have a driver's license, because they aren't setup to allow that in Oregon yet.

Depending on your amount of miles driven, the 3000-5000 seems to be sort of the range they target for.  If you drive 3000 or less, then perhaps a pay by the mile may be worth it.  You pay a monthly fee, then pay a couple cents per mile with a daily cap.  For instance, Metromile may be $20/mo +$0.03/mi and a daily cap of 100 mi.  Going over the daily cap means you just pay for 100mi, even if you drive 200mi.  This is ideal for someone who would do essentially all errands by bike, but may take the occasional road trip on the weekend.

Hope this helps.

mskyle

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
I rode 18 miles yesterday on my ~50 pound Pashley Princess (a.k.a. the H.M.S. Rob Thomas, because it's the size of a boat, it's from England, and it's so smooth). Wasn't intending to go so far but it was just the way things worked out. My legs are a little tired, but overall I feel fine - I never thought of a bike like that as being good for any kind of distance, but if you take it slow it's great!

Maya

• Bristles
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »
I've been dealing with the start of a back spasm so I've been staying off the bike. Hoping it goes away so so I ca get back on the bike and attempt to park and ride to work soon.

Le Poisson

• CM*MW 2024 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 05:33:57 AM »
Feeling pretty crappy (overall - but this just contributes to the funk) I've had meetings out of office every day this week. No bike riding since the weekend. Booo. Maybe tonight will be lucky.