Author Topic: Low sugar challenge  (Read 1934 times)

neonlight

• Stubble
Low sugar challenge
« on: May 20, 2019, 07:17:42 AM »
Hi,

The idea is to challenge myself to not having dessert, cookies, sweets and the likes!

Start day - 12th May.

1) Broken on 19th May when I had a dessert when my friend gave it to me, ate it without realizing, and two piece!

wenchsenior

• Magnum Stache
Re: Low sugar challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
Hi,

The idea is to challenge myself to not having dessert, cookies, sweets and the likes!

Start day - 12th May.

1) Broken on 19th May when I had a dessert when my friend gave it to me, ate it without realizing, and two piece!

You might want to move this to the Throw Down the Gauntlet section.

Enigma

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 09:03:38 AM »
Yesterday I read that my hazelnut Keurig coffee choice spikes an insulin response.  When I am abstaining from sugar I would drink extra cups of the black hazelnut coffee.  (Free & provided)  Now changing over to just regular coffee blends without any flavoring (hazelnut, French vanilla).  I didn’t worry about it because I had already done away with sugar and creamer.

neonlight

• Stubble
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 12:43:30 AM »
So far I've managed to abstain myself from sugary things. There are one or two misses (I counted two) when I was offered biscuits when visiting people and, out of courtesy, you take a piece.

Apart from that still take a lots of natural sugar from fruits.

neonlight

• Stubble
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 12:17:17 AM »
One month on, some of the things I've broken

1) popcorn in movies once
2) tea with tablespoon sugar three times
3) small piece of cake once
4) some raisins once

Not perfect, but it's still a good win compared to where I was over a month ago.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 06:04:28 AM »
You could try the app "Eat right now". It is about changing eating habits and learning to eat mindfully.

neonlight

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 12:29:33 AM »
You could try the app "Eat right now". It is about changing eating habits and learning to eat mindfully.

Tusen takk Linea :)

ItsALongStory

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 01:44:27 PM »

4) some raisins once

Not perfect, but it's still a good win compared to where I was over a month ago.

Have you noticed any positive changes in things like sleep or lost any weight? What was the primary driver for this challenge?

neonlight

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 04:57:32 PM »

4) some raisins once

Have you noticed any positive changes in things like sleep or lost any weight? What was the primary driver for this challenge?

Sugar intake is one of the main reason we age so fast, cutting a considerable amount helps us to stay youthful.

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2020, 02:41:15 PM »
True.. Sugar is the main culprit for weight gain and many other issues.

I am doing IF from last three months and with low carb, completely avoiding sugars, coffee, tea, milk and any other sweets.

And I do resistance workouts six times a week.

Noticed that body fat % reduced a lot eventhough I was on correct weight to my height and replaced that with muscles (because of weights workout) to an extent. And some weight loss because of reducing fat.

Other things noticed are.. good quality sleep, glow in my face, improved skin texture, no drowsiness or dizziness, feeling light and energetic.

neonlight

• Stubble
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 08:57:04 PM »

I am doing IF from last three months and with low carb, completely avoiding sugars, coffee, tea, milk and any other sweets.

Noticed that body fat % reduced a lot eventhough I was on correct weight to my height and replaced that with muscles (because of weights workout) to an extent. And some weight loss because of reducing fat.

Other things noticed are.. good quality sleep, glow in my face, improved skin texture, no drowsiness or dizziness, feeling light and energetic.

That's quite a hardcore IF, avoiding even milk and tea.

In your low carb diet program, what carbs do you take? Do you feel less energy with low carb when you do resistance training?

How long you have been at IF, low carb and resistance training.

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2020, 01:28:53 AM »

That's quite a hardcore IF, avoiding even milk and tea.

In your low carb diet program, what carbs do you take? Do you feel less energy with low carb when you do resistance training?

How long you have been at IF, low carb and resistance training.

I am doing this IF from last 3 months. I am feeling more energetic during workouts as compared to earlier. I do workouts before breaking the fast. Initially for couple of days, felt weak because I was used to drink or eat something before workouts. Once I got used to it (after two days), it became normal and more energetic. During 48 hour fast, I feel bit weak especially while doing workout after 44 hours of starting fast.

Other thing what I noticed is.. once I do workout, feels more energetic and feels to continue fast for few more hours. I think body starts consuming fat reserves and get energy during that time.

Coming to my diet (18:6 IF)..

Workouts.. 10:30am
Breaking fast.. 12:30pm (Huel Black .. meal replacement shake), 2 white eggs
Lunch.. 2:30pm.. Brown rice/white rice, Veggies
Snack.. 4pm.. Almonds, pista, walnuts
Fruits.. 4:30pm.. Apple and Banana
Dinner.. 6:30pm.. Veggies/Salads/Soup/lentils like black channa etc and two egg whites.
Supplements.. afternoon and evening.. Vitamin D and Omega

To answer other question.. did Keto for three months two years back. At that time, not able to do workouts because always feeling weak eventhough was reducing weight and fat%.

For me weight is not an issue. Just want to reduce fat%, increase muscle %. So balanced diet like IF is better.

I am not feeling I am missing anything in this diet. Earlier used to drink tea (with milk and sugar) 3-4 times a day but after starting diet, didn't feel to have.

Now no cravings at all for sugars.

And once in ten days or so, doing around 44-46 hours of fasting. It may not be required but just doing it.

Because of lockdown and no access to gym (I am in UK).. felt muscles shrinker a bit (ofcourse fat loss also contributed to it). Will hit gym once things come to normal.

Moving to India as soon as international flights resume and start my early retirement lifestyle. I will be missing my HUEL in my diet once I move to India. Huel is not available in India. It is one of the main contributor for me in diet.

neonlight

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 03:23:04 AM »
I am doing this IF from last 3 months. I am feeling more energetic during workouts as compared to earlier. I do workouts before breaking the fast. Initially for couple of days, felt weak because I was used to drink or eat something before workouts. Once I got used to it (after two days), it became normal and more energetic. During 48 hour fast, I feel bit weak especially while doing workout after 44 hours of starting fast.

Other thing what I noticed is.. once I do workout, feels more energetic and feels to continue fast for few more hours. I think body starts consuming fat reserves and get energy during that time.

Coming to my diet (18:6 IF)..

Workouts.. 10:30am
Breaking fast.. 12:30pm (Huel Black .. meal replacement shake), 2 white eggs
Lunch.. 2:30pm.. Brown rice/white rice, Veggies
Snack.. 4pm.. Almonds, pista, walnuts
Fruits.. 4:30pm.. Apple and Banana
Dinner.. 6:30pm.. Veggies/Salads/Soup/lentils like black channa etc and two egg whites.
Supplements.. afternoon and evening.. Vitamin D and Omega

So you are basically doing a 7pm - 12pm or ~20 hours of IF. That's kinda impressive given that you throw in work out. I would feel tired without eating and getting into work out mode after 20 hours of no food.

Congratulations on India! If you don't mind me ask, how old are you?

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2020, 03:36:35 AM »
Approximately 17 or 18 hours of IF.

Initially you may feel tired (in my case two days) and later body got used to. And body knows where fuel reserves (fat) is and it starts using it.

May be you can try doing 14 hours IF and do workout without eating anything. It may work. Everyone is different.

myobjectivism

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2020, 05:42:11 AM »
That's good to hear BrunoA. Keep going and definitely you will enjoy the journey and ofcourse results too.