Author Topic: Losing Weight in 2018  (Read 241485 times)

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
Re: Losing Weight in 2018
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2018, 12:20:45 PM »
Time for a Sunday night weigh in.

Starting weight: 120.7kg
Last week's weight: 119.9kg
Current weight: 121.3kg

Wait, what happened here? I was doing really well until Friday and had lost quite a bit (almost 1kg worth), but had a lot of beers on Saturday and ate a bit of fast food whilst at the cricket on the Sunday (although I wasn't as bad as I would have been previously, I skipped the chips, and had a chicken salad for lunch).

I'm guessing there's quite a bit of water weight there that will go during the week. Let's see by next Sunday. :)

Or change your weigh in to Friday mornings.

I've noticed with my body any sort of alcohol will lead me to bloat/retain water for a few days.  I don't know if this a normal thing, but it is my normal.  If you are going relax a bit on the weekend just change your weigh in date. 

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2018, 09:07:52 PM »

Wait, what happened here? I was doing really well until Friday and had lost quite a bit (almost 1kg worth), but had a lot of beers on Saturday and ate a bit of fast food whilst at the cricket on the Sunday (although I wasn't as bad as I would have been previously, I skipped the chips, and had a chicken salad for lunch).

I'm guessing there's quite a bit of water weight there that will go during the week. Let's see by next Sunday. :)

I've noticed with my body any sort of alcohol will lead me to bloat/retain water for a few days.  I don't know if this a normal thing, but it is my normal.  If you are going relax a bit on the weekend just change your weigh in date.
I did that after some time and frustration. Worked like a charm! I do weigh every day (I used trend weight to smooth out the fluctuations). but I would report here on Fridays.

Haven't checked in for a little bit. Food intake is so - so and been slightly on the higher side but inching downwards now. Yesterday,  my mother came up with the brilliant idea of doing a virtual walk.

We queued up a Virtual Walk through the Redwoods on YouTube and completely cracked ourselves up hiking through the woods in my living room. Tonight, we did a Virtual Walk through Coastal Australia. I ended up jogging in place for half an hour. Wonder where we will travel tomorrow? It's injected some fun in exercise :)

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

itchyfeet

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2018, 09:18:47 PM »
It’s really annoying how a single instance of off plan behaviour can completely derail you.

After exercising 12 days straight to start the year, I am now on my 3rd straight day without exercise.

I ate ok yesterday but not how I’d want to. I ate some finger food at a work function last night (sliders, deep fried calamari etc) which was clearly not in the program. I did avoid alcohol though so that’s something, and I didn’t eat too much. Still!!!

I really must make today count and get back on track. There is still time tonight to make it only 2 days with no exercise. I have made a healthy lunch. I want this. I can’t just give in to bad habits. Hell, it’s only 2 weeks into the year.

tightwaddy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2018, 05:22:53 AM »
Dec 4: 179.6 (35.3% fat) ... the moment where I said: This needs to stop.

Jan 1: 176.6 (35.0% fat)
Jan 8: 175.5 (34.7% fat)
Jan 15: 175.6 (34.7% fat)

January Goals (Week 1):
    Tracking in MFP (4/7 days)
    Active minutes (141/150 minutes)
    5,000 steps (2/7 days) ... with a few 4,500+ days in there

January Goals (Week 2):
    Tracking in MFP (7/7 days)
    Active minutes (230/150 minutes)
    5,000 steps (5/7 days)

So, up 1/10th of a pound but nearly crushing the goals.  It is normal for me to to go up a bit and then down during this process, even when I'm right on track for calories, etc. So, I'm calling this week a success all things considered.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 09:55:04 AM by tightwaddy »

Wanttobehome

• Stubble
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2018, 05:38:10 AM »
I've started healthy eating hope to lose 14 lb
Jan 8th = 185
Jan 5th = 183     -2lb

Cut down sugar, bread, alcohol
Eating fresh,  protein rich foods
Set up my fitness tracker
Started a food diary
Walking daily

Goal is to achieve this in twelve weeks

ChipmunkSavings

• Stubble
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2018, 05:42:43 AM »
Jan 1 : 193.2 lb
Jan 8 : 187.8 lb
Jan 15 : 187.0 lb

I've been exercising every day so far so it's a big improvement on the fitness side of things. Although the scale budged a bit less this week (0.8 lb, which is still good), I've been seeing a difference in terms of waist and hips in my measurements. I would really like to lose 4 pounds for the rest of the month. My plan is to keep exercising, get more protein at breakfast, and eat at least my BMR.

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2018, 06:16:14 AM »
Lol, I also fell off the wagon with a thud on the weekend.

We went to a wine tasting event which evolved into a massive all night bender. The only good thing was that I really didn’t have much appetite yesterday with the hangover. I am not particularly happy with my lack of self control, but it is just one night amongst 2 weeks of exemplary dieting and exercising. I won’t write of the year yet. Back on the plan. It’s a long road ahead.

They say it's what you do on the other six days that counts more, right?

My cricket match was cancelled due to rain, so I ended up at the pub drinking beer for four hours. Could have bought a chicken parma afterwards, but i'm trying to avoid chips so I went elsewhere and bought a giant bowl of chicken pho. It's got to be better than a burger/pizza/kebab, right? I'll save a parma as a reward for when I reach a target amount (even every 5 or 10kg) :)

That's probably not such a bad idea. I just thought I'd use Sunday nights as that's what I did last time. Saturday was probably a bit of an exception though. Over the last month or so I haven't been drinking all that much, so I slightly compensated for that on Saturday with cheap beers at the pub.

Within 24 hours I'm back to 119.7, so I think you might be on to something there. Although I was 118.9 on Friday night so we'll see how I am in a couple of days.

One big change I've been making is to significantly cut carbs and eat a lot more vegetables, along with avoiding a few impulse foods (ice cream being the main one given it's summer here). Even if it's resulted in me buying a few more lunches than I otherwise would have for the time being, if they're full of vegetables it's not so bad, right?

I got back on the bike today for the first time since probably early December (or even November). Do I have to hand in my Mustachian card? :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:21:05 AM by alsoknownasDean »

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2018, 07:26:30 AM »

I've been exercising every day so far so it's a big improvement on the fitness side of things. Although the scale budged a bit less this week (0.8 lb, which is still good), I've been seeing a difference in terms of waist and hips in my measurements. I would really like to lose 4 pounds for the rest of the month. My plan is to keep exercising, get more protein at breakfast, and eat at least my BMR.

Are you targeting 2 lbs a week? That's on the aggressive side. One thing I would caution is that you typically see a large-ish drop in the beginning (usually a lot of water weight) and then the rate of loss slows down a bit after that. So don't get discouraged when things slow down. Remember this is a long term game. You've lost a lot already and I know you're going to rock this!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2018, 08:10:47 AM »
Anybody have any weight loss tricks? Are there any pills that actually stop hunger? I have looked at the ingredients on some of these weight loss aids and they just seem to be caffeine and herbs. I have tried stuff like white bean pills and they did nothing. If they don't work, why are they allowed to sell them?

Cider Vinegar used to be touted as a fat melter. Drink lots of water. Lemon added to water.

Pooperman

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2018, 08:13:47 AM »
Anybody have any weight loss tricks? Are there any pills that actually stop hunger? I have looked at the ingredients on some of these weight loss aids and they just seem to be caffeine and herbs. I have tried stuff like white bean pills and they did nothing. If they don't work, why are they allowed to sell them?

Cider Vinegar used to be touted as a fat melter. Drink lots of water. Lemon added to water.

Eating more protein and fiber while reducing carbs. Protein and fiber are harder to digest and so you'll feel fuller longer. Carbs go right through you and tend to be more 'empty' (lacking other nutrients) so you feel less full.

SachaFiscal

• Bristles
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2018, 08:39:57 AM »
Joining for accountability. Going to finally lose the extra 10-15 pounds I’ve been carrying around for the past 10-15 years. I’d like to lose at least 10lbs by April when I plan to get my cholesterol checked.

My plan is:
- track calories in MFP (1200-1400 per day)
- walk for an hour every day
- Pilates, yoga, Zumba, and spin class each once a week.
- no alcohol until July 4 (doing this with my spouse)
- plant based diet
- no eating out unless invited out with friends until July 4

My spouse is also on board which makes this a lot easier this time.

Starting weight: 135lbs
Goal weight: 120-125lbs

Week 1:
Weight - 134.0 lbs
Average Calories - 1294
Diet - mostly plant based (1 dairy meal), no alcohol consumed
Exercise - minimal (some walking)

Week 2:
Weight - 134.7 lbs
Average calories - 1423
Diet - good during the week but went off the deep end on weekend. Ate, drank and was merry.
Exercise - a little more than last week (Pilates and yoga)

Not much weight loss but my waist is slightly smaller and clothing fits looser.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2018, 08:41:23 AM »

They sell them because people continue to buy them. And the govt can only protect us from some of our stupidity.

Garcinia Cambogia pills did actually help me with reducing hunger. I was on it for a month or two and yes, I felt less hungry. However, my weight continued to fluctuate. Turns out I happily eat even when I am not hungry.

The only weight loss trick that worked was getting in the right headspace.

A couple of other things that helped:
- protein leaves you feeling full for longer
- wonder of wonders, veggies have less calories! I can eat tons of veggies vs a tiny portion of steak for the same amount of calories! So...I ate more veggies.
- when you feel hungry, try drinking first. Many times, I was thirsty, not hungry. Hot herbal tea also gave my mouth something to do when I was feeling the munchies.
- a couple times when I was hangry, I did my workout first and amazingly enough, wasn't hungry afterwards.

Ms.BecomingFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • On the Journey
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »
Also in! =)

My first goal is to lose 4 pounds, as this will bring me into the "ideal" weight range for my height.  Hoping to give myself the quick win with a small goal to stay motivated for the year and future goals. =)  I want to do this by the first week of March.  I think my exercise habits are actually pretty good and consistent, so I want to focus on my portion sizes.  So... what I will do is track my calories on MyFitnessPal and not eat any fast food in the month of January.  I have a lot more freezer space now (I share a freezer with roomies and we recently got a deep freezer!) so having ready made frozen soups and stuff (just by being able to make extra and freezing) will help with that aspect!  No more, I'm too busy tonight excuses!  Hoping this post will keep me on track!  The public declaration and all. =). So here is the summary for myself...

Goal 1: Lose 4 lbs by 3/3
  • Track calories every day
  • No fast food in Jan

Hanging this on a Post-It on my bathroom mirror!  Goal 2 to follow in March. =)
I have already been tracking for 7 days =) Happy accountability and motivation, everyone! =)

I am down 1.8 pounds in the last two weeks!!  The psychology of tracking is working for me!  I am pretty happy with my progress.  =)

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2018, 10:09:16 AM »

Eating more protein and fiber while reducing carbs. Protein and fiber are harder to digest and so you'll feel fuller longer. Carbs go right through you and tend to be more 'empty' (lacking other nutrients) so you feel less full.

Agreed.  More protein and veggies make a big difference in how hungry I feel, and how satisfied I am with a meal.  Also, this may sound weird for a weight loss thread, but fat helps you feel more satiated after eating, so don't cut it out entirely. 

I just got back from my yearly occupational health screening, and my HDL is way down from past years (43 mg/dL vs 79, with an increased risk of heart disease starting at <40 mg/dL).  My cholesterol has always been high, but usually my triglycerides are low and HDL is high, so my overall ratio is decent.  The PA said the biggest component to HDL, other than genetics, is exercise.  I've been incredibly inconsistent for the last two years (pregnancy and then baby), and I am sure that's to blame.  Before I got pregnant I was lifting weights, doing taekwondo, or hiking at least 3 or 4 days a week, and my HLD was awesome.  Yet another reason to try harder to be in the gym more often.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2018, 10:11:03 AM »
I'd love to join too. I have baby fat to get rid of now that baby is five months old. I'm down 32 pounds from my highest of this year but that includes an 8 lb baby too, haha. I still need to lose 18 lbs for pre pregnancy weight and another 12 for my marriage wedding and another 14 for my ideal weight. I joined in 2017 and found we got pregnant. Hope to finish 2018 at my ideal weight. First goal is to get to pre pregnancy weight by end of March. Second goal is to hit wedding weight by June and to hit lowest weight by end of year (the hardest stretch which I hope to attack with established habits). Let's bring it on!

Like the idea of goals - here are our goals for Jan:
1) 5000 steps per day
2) 6 stairs per day
3) one meal of veggies and fruits only per day
Updating after two days:

I've lost two pounds - I'm sure it's more water weight than actual one but I'll take it :) I've cut out all carbs except for a tiny portion. Surprisingly it's not been that hard to switch. I've also noticed that I eat more sweets now (and ate some ice cream and sweets for new year). I usually hate sweets but developed a liking for them during my second pregnancy and am still holding on to it six months later. Time to kick the habit back to curb. My routine is crazy and I don't have much leeway into building in exercises. The only exercise I get is carrying a 17 lb baby. Has anyone lost weight only with diet changes? How important is exercise in a weight loss journey?
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll concentrate on food changes till I can add more exercise in. I especially loved the suggestion to incorporate exercise into play and surprisingly my baby is loving it! I'm now trying to find more ways to add in fun exercise into daily routine.

My weight is down 3 lbs (mostly water weight because low carbs). I don't track my food but try to eat healthy (less carbs, more veggies and fruits) but looking at some of your meals, I think I just eat a lot. I've gotten used to eating more when pregnant (yep, fell for the eating for two advice.... not that I needed lot of encouragement)  and my stomach expects more food. Need to slowly dial down the amount to a normal person's portions.

Does anyone forget you are trying to lose weight? I completely forgot and ate a few cookies. Later when I was checking how I did at end of day, I realized I ate those cookies :( how do I remember all the time?
I'm still losing weight daily (goes to show how much crap I was eating before) but it has slowed down. My eating is still not good enough (I eat a serving of carbs at every course (and a bit more at lunch) and I eat ice cream or sweets because it is at home). My nemesis is sweets and ice cream. I can't resist it when it is at home and I can't stop others at home buying it. To add to the problem, I forget I'm on a diet and eat them. I'm considering figuring what I should eat all day and not eat anything not on that list. Will give it a try for a few days to see if I can continue losing weight.
Still on the losing trend. I was expecting it to stop since my activity level hasn't increased much and my eating is still not perfect. I don't count calories or have a chance to weigh  food since I don't cook or shop (visiting in-laws for a few months). I'm trying to eat healthier (less carbs, more fruits vegetables and protein - egg, fish, chicken) and reduce sweets (take smaller portions, being selective in what I eat). My culture (Indian) shows love through food, especially sweets. So every visit (even when visiting parents every day) leads to more sweets and hurt egos if we don't eat the sweets. So far portion control has been the key. I can't believe how much crap I've been eating before for the weight to come off so easily now that I'm eating healthier.

This thread is so motivating and reminds me to make healthier choices with food. I find that I eat healthy when I remember and this thread is helping me remember. Thanks everyone!
Ok now the weight loss has stopped. Time to really get into cutting calories or burning them through exercise. I don't have an easy way to estimate calories or do exercise which makes it tricky. I'm planning to drink at least a glass of water before every meal and snack (and ideally before anytime food passes through my lips). I think I eat more than I think I'm eating. The first eight pounds came off easy. Now the real struggle starts. I still need to cut 12 pounds to reach my first goal (highest pre pregnancy weight) and 18 pounds to reach my second goal (my normal BMI weight). Hoping the water trick helps.

Please suggest other tricks that have helped in reducing food portions (basically tricking myself to eat less and eat healthier) or exercising more (moving more). I currently walk 7k steps a day and do 5-10 stairs.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I especially love the eating fruits instead of sweets and using  shape wear ideas. I've also started concentrating on adding more protein to my diet (changed macros). My weight is still at standstill but it's at least not going up any more. I had one day (DH bday) where I had some cake but otherwise I'm starting to not be super tempted by sweets. I'm liking the progress even though the scales don't show it.... yet.

I'm also experimenting with eating only upto 80% of my stomach's capacity. Due to pregnancy eating, I fear my stomach has increased in size and I now need more food to feel satiated. I need to eat less to reduce it back to normal size. Will report back soon on its effects.

Thanks for the exercise tips. I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to exercise. So I'm starting with the walking videos and hope to increase from there.

Weight - still at 8 lbs loss from New year, no gains, no loss from last time.

Any app recommendations to log weight and get trending weight for a period?

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2018, 10:25:38 AM »
Anyone have canned salmon recipes? I ordered a case of it from Costco and it is very good salmon. I have eaten it right out of the can.

Kirkland Signature Sockeye Salmon 6 oz, 36-pack

★★★★★
★★★★★
4.4 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.
(14)
Item #613604
Your Price

SlowlyButSurely

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2018, 11:06:15 AM »
My tracking stats were derailed this week by what seems to have been food poisoning. I lost a lot of weight quickly, but it mostly wasn't fat. I debated how to track, and finally decided I'm just going to take the numbers at face value and set the expectation with myself that they will plateau and/or go up a bit in the coming weeks, and that holding steady in this context still counts as progress.

12/26/2017 - 192.1 lbs
01/01/2018 - 190.6 lbs (14% goal 1, 5% stretch goal)
01/08/2018 - 189.2 lbs (28% goal 1, 11% stretch goal)
01/15/2018 - 184.3 lbs (77% goal 1, 31% stretch goal)

On the eating front, I was doing well before I got sick (on Thursday), and was even able to stick to the vegan and sugar-free part throughout. Prior to getting sick, I managed to do a 24 hour fast from lunch on Tuesday to lunch on Wednesday with relatively little difficulty. I've noticed before that I get significantly less hungry when I cut back on "fast carbs" and am generally eating better, so I'm going to try another 24 hour fast this week to see how it goes, with the aim of incorporating it into my weekly schedule. If I can get to the point where I'm doing two 24 hour fasts a week, that's basically the 5:2 diet, which some people say they find effective and easy to stick to. As with anything, your mileage will vary, so I have to find what works for me.

I also did pretty well on the exercise front, even though I'm not officially tracking that right now. I've mostly been able to go to the gym or go for a walk/hike each day. I don't think of exercise as a weight loss tool per se, but rather as something that helps me feel better and manage stress, both of which help me make better eating choices. I've done less well on the daily meditation front, but I'll keep trying. I've signed up for a class in a couple weeks, and I'm hoping it will help me kick-start a daily practice.

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2018, 12:43:33 PM »
Jan 15: 182.0
Jan   8: 186.9

There was deeefinitely some bloat in there from holiday overeating! But I'm below my early Dec measurements so I think this is real! And on my period to boot.

After being surprised how small proper portions were when I first started tracking, I'm currently being shocked by how large they are if you use lots of vegetables and little meat... and how filling it can be. Dammit, were the vegetarians right?

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #318 on: January 15, 2018, 01:02:13 PM »

Agreed.  More protein and veggies make a big difference in how hungry I feel, and how satisfied I am with a meal.  Also, this may sound weird for a weight loss thread, but fat helps you feel more satiated after eating, so don't cut it out entirely. 

This. When I started tracking calories I pretty quickly realized what was actually filling and what was not. E.g. Cereal + milk has my stomach grumbling after an hour, but Greek yogurt with a little granola will get me to lunch. Oatmeal, contrary to public opinion, does not seem to stick to my ribs. Generally, the more filling meals/options had lots of vegetables or whole grains (fiber) and some fat or protein (cheese, yogurt, salad dressing, meat, etc). Generally, the less filling stuff was sugary (looking at you, delicious ginger beer...)

I'd also like to put a word in for "maybe you're trying too hard, too fast". When I started in the spring (and now), I knew I couldn't sustain constant hunger (I needed my focus at work). So if I was ravenous, I ate. But I ate apples and cheese, not a box of crackers. And tried to figure out if/how my previous meal was at fault. After an adjustment period I found that I could sustain eating 1500-1600 calories if I used them wisely, without hunger (or at least, without being ravenous...) Obviously, bodies are different, so YMMV. Just something to think about?

Dulcimina

• Stubble
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2018, 09:06:32 PM »
Checking in. I weigh every day, but I'm going to check in here on Mondays.

Jan 1 2018:  153.4 lb
Jan 8 2018:  150.7 lb

On Christmas eve, I was 146.9. Today, I'm at 149.1, so I'm still working through the holiday bloat. So far so good with lifting weights, yoga and walking.  I decided not to register for a dance class, so I'll have to find a different fun activity. I've registered for MFP and will start tracking carbs and calories today.
Check in:
Jan 1 2018:  153.4 lb
Jan 8 2018:  150.7 lb
Jan 15, 2018: 147.6 lb

Food:
  • Still working through my dairy and nuts stash. Done with eggs.
  • Keeping fairly low carb i.e., less than 50g net.  I still have some acorn and butternut squash as well as clementines that I'm going to finish before committing to keto
  • Did a 38 hr fast, which is the sole reason my weight dropped three pounds.

Exercise:
  • Did NROLFW workout 4 times this week (goal was 3x)
  • Walked at least thirty minutes 4 times this week (goal was 3x).  Most of my walks are in the 1 hr range, as I usually walk to the grocery store half hour away, so 1hr round trip. I also did some stairs (couple of rounds of walking up to the 16th floor of my building when it was too cold to take a long walk outside.
  • Didn't sign up for dancing.  Exercise feels like work to me, and I wanted to add a fun aerobic activity.  But I've actually been dreading this.  I'm looking into other types of dance classes.
  • Didn't do any kettlebell work, but NROLFW adds interval training in Workout 2. I dislike the usual machines, so this is a good place to insert KBs or stair running
  • Didn't do any mobility exercises apart from stretching and foam rolling before lifting. Not sure how I'm going to tackle this yet.

Dulcimina

• Stubble
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2018, 09:58:21 PM »
I wanted to describe my experience with the fast I mentioned in my check in.  Starting weight on Friday was 150.6. I was off work on Friday, not feeling well, and decided to delay eating.  As the day wore on, I decided to make it a water fasting day and only had either fresh water or salt water made from a mix of table salt and potassium chloride.  I felt a little tired and spacey, and kept wanting to eat at meal times, but it was more out of habit or boredom than real hunger.

I lifted weights because I wanted to keep the momentum going there.  I didn't try to increase weights over the last time, and had no issues .  In fact, when I was done I felt euphoric, and went for a long walk to the grocery store because I still had so much energy.  No issues with temptation to buy off plan foods

I slept fine, and woke up before my alarm on Saturday.  Weight Saturday morning was 148.4. The euphoria continued into that day, intermittently with some of the pain that I felt on Friday from being sick. A friend invited me to lift with him. I wasn't sure it was a good idea to do so fasted two days in a row, so I broke the fast with a light meal around 11am.  I wasn't hungry all day, and according to My FItness Pal, total calories were 725.

Sunday was great.  I woke up with lots of energy, 147.1 lbs and pain free from some chronic inflammatory conditions.  Had no prepared food so ended up IFing until about 2pm when I made a batch of meatballs and zoodles.  I decided to batch cook some soup for the rest of the week and went back to the grocery store (still not tempted to buy junk like I usually am). My mind felt clear and focused, and I had to restrain myself from strutting all the way to the store.  I've fasted before and heard about, but never felt this kind of euphoria. Calorie intake was low again, so I made some fat bombs which brought the days calories up to 1031.

This morning, I weighed in at 147.6.  I still had that bubbly, happy feeling all day.  Anyone who's ever met me knows me as an introvert and here I was making eye contact with strangers and laughing at corny jokes.  I got home around 1, and still hadn't broken my fast.  I got worried that I wasn't hungry, and made the mistake of eating the fat bombs. I ate a half of them and made myself sick.  I ended today at 1340 calories, 600 of which came from the stupid fat bombs. I'm doing ok, still full of energy and not ready to go to bed at almost midnight.

I had originally planned to do longer fasts once a month or so.  Based on this experience, I'd like to repeat the fast next week to see if I get the same changes in mood and appetite.

LifeHappens

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #321 on: January 16, 2018, 08:28:06 AM »
1) Eat 3 to 4 meals per day. Each meal will have a source of protein.
2) No cheese. I'm vegetarian, would like to eat more 100% vegan meals, and cheese is a source of concentrated calories.
3) Exercise in an intentional way 3-4 days per week. This can include running, biking, yoga and resistance training.
I accomplished 1 and 2. A whole week without cheese!! I missed the mark on exercise, only completing 2 yoga videos. I'm *finally* feeling pretty healthy (it's been 3 weeks!), so I'll do better this week.

I've also been trying to stay mindful during meals and eating until I'm 80% full. It's a good habit for me, because I tend to be a quick eater. Overall I'm happy with my progress. I weighed myself this morning and was also happy. I'll only report weight 1x per month because it fluctuates so much with water retention, but I think I'm heading in a good direction.
Last week was great for exercise. I started lifting weights again, which I haven't done in over a year. I'm currently squatting 25lbs, so not exactly The Hulk, but it's good to get back into it. At one point I was squatting my bodyweight and deadlifting almost 200lbs. I'd like to get more balanced between cardio and strength this time.

I did have cheese at one meal last week. We went to a restaurant that makes great black bean burgers, so I had the California burger which includes a slice of pepper jack. It was... delicious. Other than that, I'm avoiding almost all dairy. I do have a little milk in my coffee, but that is all for now.

One thing I need to watch is alcohol consumption. Beer is my achille's heel. I've had a little too much in the past 7 days.

ChipmunkSavings

• Stubble
« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2018, 09:14:57 AM »

Are you targeting 2 lbs a week? That's on the aggressive side. One thing I would caution is that you typically see a large-ish drop in the beginning (usually a lot of water weight) and then the rate of loss slows down a bit after that. So don't get discouraged when things slow down. Remember this is a long term game. You've lost a lot already and I know you're going to rock this!

Yes for the first 10 pounds, I am aiming for an average of 2 pounds per week, then I will reduce to 1 pound per week. I know it is on the upper range of the max weight loss per week, but I figure that the water weight (which went down quicker than expected) will amount for a good part of it. I know that the rate will go down, and I'm taking measurements as well to see the changes. In the past, I have sometimes slowed down in terms of weight, but waist/hips kept going down, so I am looking at that as well to stay on track.

For some unexplicable reason, I am very determined right now. I'm a self-confessed chocolate and sweets addict, and I've only had two small pieces of chocolate in the last two weeks (that would usually last me 1 day). It's not feeling as hard as I would have thought, I did not get any cravings. I'm having more of an issue with the meal planning, to make sure I get enough protein.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »

Yes for the first 10 pounds, I am aiming for an average of 2 pounds per week, then I will reduce to 1 pound per week. I know it is on the upper range of the max weight loss per week, but I figure that the water weight (which went down quicker than expected) will amount for a good part of it. I know that the rate will go down, and I'm taking measurements as well to see the changes. In the past, I have sometimes slowed down in terms of weight, but waist/hips kept going down, so I am looking at that as well to stay on track.

For some unexplicable reason, I am very determined right now. I'm a self-confessed chocolate and sweets addict, and I've only had two small pieces of chocolate in the last two weeks (that would usually last me 1 day). It's not feeling as hard as I would have thought, I did not get any cravings. I'm having more of an issue with the meal planning, to make sure I get enough protein.

I’m totally with you on the psychological / determination element. While I have spent a LOT of time wanting to lose weight - when the real determination is missing, it just never happens. I have never figured out what all things have to click into place for me to be in the right frame of mind. If I could figure that out....

alleykat

• Bristles
« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »
New total

1/1   - 165
1/9   - 164
1/16 - 162

Not sure if the 3 lbs are fluky but I will take them. Better than the number going up.  I was hoping for faster progress but I will take slow and steady. I haven't exactly been eating diet food so I cant complain.

I am just trying portion control as best I can. I don't do well when I try and eliminate foods so I stopped stressing myself out.  I do want to add in exercise at least 3 days a week.

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »
I've been happily avoiding all office snacks for the last two days. Only issue is that I've been eating A LOT for dinner the past two days. Like, waaay too much. Now I'm not snacking at work I get too hungry at night. Need to bring in some extra food for lunch or afternoon snacks to avoid that.

MrsDinero

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #326 on: January 16, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »
I've been happily avoiding all office snacks for the last two days. Only issue is that I've been eating A LOT for dinner the past two days. Like, waaay too much. Now I'm not snacking at work I get too hungry at night. Need to bring in some extra food for lunch or afternoon snacks to avoid that.

One thing I'm working on is my snacking.  I have always been a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacker.  What helps me is eating a larger meal to get me to the next one.  For example, my breakfast & lunch has increased about 1.5 times, but I'm not snacking or starving at the next mealtime.

elaine amj

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #327 on: January 16, 2018, 11:51:49 AM »

I’m totally with you on the psychological / determination element. While I have spent a LOT of time wanting to lose weight - when the real determination is missing, it just never happens. I have never figured out what all things have to click into place for me to be in the right frame of mind. If I could figure that out....

You and me both!! It's been impossible to figure it out but when it works, it's magic.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

asosharp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #328 on: January 16, 2018, 09:23:07 PM »
Sadly I didn't really get to do much exercise yesterday as I was flat out from the morning until about 9!

I have been going to the gym though, another free trial at another place. This time the gym is far cleaner even though it's quite busy. The staff are also nice. I think I'll join this one! I'm tempted to do a trial at another place as I think I probably only need the basic gym equpiment. But at the same time it's just $3 more a month to get access to a swimming pool (which is nice and heated - have already used), and in the future when I get better I can attend fitness classes like Zumba and all that. So I think it's probably worth it!

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2018, 07:30:54 AM »
Someone brought in doughnuts.  I have a 4 hour meeting starting in 30 minutes, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to bring a doughnut to snack on.  Instead I'm posting here so if I eat one, I have to tell you.  I'll have like 30 cups of work coffee, I guess, to keep myself awake :(

Hirondelle

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2018, 08:10:42 AM »
Someone brought in doughnuts.  I have a 4 hour meeting starting in 30 minutes, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to bring a doughnut to snack on.  Instead I'm posting here so if I eat one, I have to tell you.  I'll have like 30 cups of work coffee, I guess, to keep myself awake :(
Stay strong! You can do this!!

wintertell

• Bristles
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »
Checking in  -- My monthly weigh-in is the 6th of each month.

Oct 2016 - 267 (Highest weight)
Dec 2016 - 265 (Starting weight)
Jan 2017 - 257.4
Feb 2017 - 250.2
Mar 2017 - 244
Apr 2017 - 236.6
May 2017 - 229.8
Jun 2017 - 228.4 (maintenance break)
Jul 2017 - 220.6
Aug 2017 - 215.4
Sept 2017 - 215.4 (maintenance break)
Oct 2017 - 208.8
Nov 2017 - 205.4
Dec 2017 - 209.4 (struggle struggle)
Jan 2017 - 212.8 (more struggle struggle)

Today - 211.4 - Finally headed in the right direction. I saw as high as 217 but have been on plan for about 2 weeks for the first time since early November. So thankful I turned it around. My next goal is to get down to my previous low (203), and then to get to 199.

Plan for this year:
Maintain tracking in MFP
Hit a deficit 6/7 days a week, 1 day at maintenance. Take maintenance breaks at least every 10-12 weeks.
Wear Fitbit
Walk a minimum of 6K steps, aim for 10K steps (new target habit)
Drink 100 oz water (new target habit)
Meal plan weekly, grocery shop weekly so there is always fresh, on plan food in the house.
Incorporate neighborhood gym into health routine - 1 day a week at a time until I hit a rhythm that feels right (haven't started yet but just got signed up for the gym on Monday)
Take metformin at night (need to be more consistent)
Start taking multivitamin in the morning (haven't started yet but will)

Right now my focus is consistency on the habits I already have in place and then my new target/stretch habits are the 100 oz water and 10K steps. Except today's a minimum day - 6K only - since it is a snow day.

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2018, 09:56:08 AM »
I’m holding steady at ~130 (down 70lbs), which I’ve hovered around for a few months now. It’s a great weight for me. I love seeing that I can easily maintain, even though my eating has been off diet for a few weeks due to frequent events, dinner meetings, and more wine than usual.

that is amazing! Great job maintaining!

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2018, 10:54:22 AM »
I've just had the time of the month where I don't weigh and don't pay attention to what I eat, but I'm back on track now. Tonight we're eating chili, which is something that always really fills me up. Then tomorrow it will be eatmeal for breakfast, probably soup for lunch and something healthy with lots of veggies for dinner. I'm also going to the gym tomorrow night. Weather permitting I'm also going to play with my new bike this entire weekend. I'm going to pick it up Friday after work.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »
I've lost almost no weight, but am taking the right steps. So, one day everything should come together. That's what I keep telling myself. :-)

-I've worked out every day of 2018. A mix of strength training, cardio, pilates & yoga.
-I'm getting more fruit & veggies. Averaging 5.5/day
-I'm paying more attention to my calories, & eating less. Average of 1505 calories/day

I'm noticing a difference in my toning (thanks to the strength training), but no noticeable difference on the scale.

chaskavitch

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2018, 11:39:50 AM »
Stay strong! You can do this!!

Woo, meeting complete with no doughnuts, and now it's time for lunch :) 

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #336 on: January 17, 2018, 11:54:44 AM »
Anyone on Weight Watchers and if so how are you doing on the new flex plan. Do you go to meetings or on line? I hate those stupid meetings and makes me feel uncomfortable weighing in.

lexde

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #337 on: January 17, 2018, 12:12:02 PM »
Woke up, lifted for the first time in a week, and have stuck to a breakfast and lunch shake in preparation for dinner tonight since my mom is coming over and bringing a pizza. 2 slices max and I will stay within my calories for the day.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #338 on: January 18, 2018, 03:27:52 AM »
I've lost almost no weight, but am taking the right steps. So, one day everything should come together. That's what I keep telling myself. :-)

-I've worked out every day of 2018. A mix of strength training, cardio, pilates & yoga.
-I'm getting more fruit & veggies. Averaging 5.5/day
-I'm paying more attention to my calories, & eating less. Average of 1505 calories/day

I'm noticing a difference in my toning (thanks to the strength training), but no noticeable difference on the scale.

In that case, maybe don't track your weight but track your measurements? I draft my own patterns for sewing so I get my measurements taken often. I don't see a difference in the mirror and only a small difference on the scales, but I have lost more than an inch on my waist and hips. That's one clothing size!

asosharp

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #339 on: January 18, 2018, 04:06:40 AM »
I ended up finally joining the gym yesterday. It turned out to be more expensive than I thought it would be compared to the other place with no frills as I forgot about the additional membership fee that they charge. But that's okay, it wasn't a massive difference when I weigh up that in the future when my knee recovers from physio that I'll be able to join all the classes for free, it has a pool, jacuzzi, and steam room. The other one doesn't.

Also all the equipment is in ship shape even though it's an extremely busy leisure centre. I also got a complimentary water bottle, towel, and gym bag. lol

My physio reckons I'm doing quite well, but no news yet on when I'll be fully recovered which is the sucky part. At first he said 6 weeks but I think it might be longer. :-(

westtoeast

• Bristles
« Reply #340 on: January 18, 2018, 04:50:02 AM »
I ended up finally joining the gym yesterday. It turned out to be more expensive than I thought it would be compared to the other place with no frills as I forgot about the additional membership fee that they charge.

Me too. I'm just not pushing myself enough without the motivation of classes. Mine costs $44 a month, including a wide range of weight and cardio classes. Like you, I forgot about the membership fee, so the real cost is closer to $50.

Morning Glory

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #341 on: January 18, 2018, 07:35:20 AM »
My weight hit a new low today of 7.6 lbs above goal. I have lost 9.8 lbs since I started tracking in November at about 2 weeks postpartum. My weekly rolling average is about 8.7 lbs above goal, which is also lower than the previous week's average.  I love group fitness classes but for now I am just using my treadmill and weights at home. Besides the expense, I don't want to put baby in childcare until flu season is over.

FLStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #342 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:01 AM »
First check-in since 1/2.

1/2  170 lbs
1/18  166 lbs

Have made progress despite myself!  Has been too cold to run as consistently as I'd planned (yes, I'm a wimp in Florida and won't run unless I can wear shorts) and as for the eating it's been all over the place.

Will focus on maintaining this 4 lb loss and losing another 2 - 3 by months end.

ChipmunkSavings

• Stubble
« Reply #343 on: January 18, 2018, 08:33:57 PM »
I have exercised every day of this month (as opposed to my average of couch potato-ing), and I am starting to notice small changes. Also, I have done my workout at 9.45 pm today because I am too stubborn to break my record so far! Motivation gets you started, determination and stubbornness does the rest. Spirits are high, I'm very glad to be on this journey with all of you.

galliver

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #344 on: January 18, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
I have exercised every day of this month (as opposed to my average of couch potato-ing), and I am starting to notice small changes. Also, I have done my workout at 9.45 pm today because I am too stubborn to break my record so far! Motivation gets you started, determination and stubbornness does the rest. Spirits are high, I'm very glad to be on this journey with all of you.
High five, that is really awesome!!

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #345 on: January 19, 2018, 02:45:08 AM »
I'd love to join too. I have baby fat to get rid of now that baby is five months old. I'm down 32 pounds from my highest of this year but that includes an 8 lb baby too, haha. I still need to lose 18 lbs for pre pregnancy weight and another 12 for my marriage wedding and another 14 for my ideal weight. I joined in 2017 and found we got pregnant. Hope to finish 2018 at my ideal weight. First goal is to get to pre pregnancy weight by end of March. Second goal is to hit wedding weight by June and to hit lowest weight by end of year (the hardest stretch which I hope to attack with established habits). Let's bring it on!

Like the idea of goals - here are our goals for Jan:
1) 5000 steps per day
2) 6 stairs per day
3) one meal of veggies and fruits only per day
Updating after two days:

I've lost two pounds - I'm sure it's more water weight than actual one but I'll take it :) I've cut out all carbs except for a tiny portion. Surprisingly it's not been that hard to switch. I've also noticed that I eat more sweets now (and ate some ice cream and sweets for new year). I usually hate sweets but developed a liking for them during my second pregnancy and am still holding on to it six months later. Time to kick the habit back to curb. My routine is crazy and I don't have much leeway into building in exercises. The only exercise I get is carrying a 17 lb baby. Has anyone lost weight only with diet changes? How important is exercise in a weight loss journey?
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll concentrate on food changes till I can add more exercise in. I especially loved the suggestion to incorporate exercise into play and surprisingly my baby is loving it! I'm now trying to find more ways to add in fun exercise into daily routine.

My weight is down 3 lbs (mostly water weight because low carbs). I don't track my food but try to eat healthy (less carbs, more veggies and fruits) but looking at some of your meals, I think I just eat a lot. I've gotten used to eating more when pregnant (yep, fell for the eating for two advice.... not that I needed lot of encouragement)  and my stomach expects more food. Need to slowly dial down the amount to a normal person's portions.

Does anyone forget you are trying to lose weight? I completely forgot and ate a few cookies. Later when I was checking how I did at end of day, I realized I ate those cookies :( how do I remember all the time?
I'm still losing weight daily (goes to show how much crap I was eating before) but it has slowed down. My eating is still not good enough (I eat a serving of carbs at every course (and a bit more at lunch) and I eat ice cream or sweets because it is at home). My nemesis is sweets and ice cream. I can't resist it when it is at home and I can't stop others at home buying it. To add to the problem, I forget I'm on a diet and eat them. I'm considering figuring what I should eat all day and not eat anything not on that list. Will give it a try for a few days to see if I can continue losing weight.
Still on the losing trend. I was expecting it to stop since my activity level hasn't increased much and my eating is still not perfect. I don't count calories or have a chance to weigh  food since I don't cook or shop (visiting in-laws for a few months). I'm trying to eat healthier (less carbs, more fruits vegetables and protein - egg, fish, chicken) and reduce sweets (take smaller portions, being selective in what I eat). My culture (Indian) shows love through food, especially sweets. So every visit (even when visiting parents every day) leads to more sweets and hurt egos if we don't eat the sweets. So far portion control has been the key. I can't believe how much crap I've been eating before for the weight to come off so easily now that I'm eating healthier.

This thread is so motivating and reminds me to make healthier choices with food. I find that I eat healthy when I remember and this thread is helping me remember. Thanks everyone!
Ok now the weight loss has stopped. Time to really get into cutting calories or burning them through exercise. I don't have an easy way to estimate calories or do exercise which makes it tricky. I'm planning to drink at least a glass of water before every meal and snack (and ideally before anytime food passes through my lips). I think I eat more than I think I'm eating. The first eight pounds came off easy. Now the real struggle starts. I still need to cut 12 pounds to reach my first goal (highest pre pregnancy weight) and 18 pounds to reach my second goal (my normal BMI weight). Hoping the water trick helps.

Please suggest other tricks that have helped in reducing food portions (basically tricking myself to eat less and eat healthier) or exercising more (moving more). I currently walk 7k steps a day and do 5-10 stairs.
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I especially love the eating fruits instead of sweets and using  shape wear ideas. I've also started concentrating on adding more protein to my diet (changed macros). My weight is still at standstill but it's at least not going up any more. I had one day (DH bday) where I had some cake but otherwise I'm starting to not be super tempted by sweets. I'm liking the progress even though the scales don't show it.... yet.

I'm also experimenting with eating only upto 80% of my stomach's capacity. Due to pregnancy eating, I fear my stomach has increased in size and I now need more food to feel satiated. I need to eat less to reduce it back to normal size. Will report back soon on its effects.

Thanks for the exercise tips. I'm an absolute beginner when it comes to exercise. So I'm starting with the walking videos and hope to increase from there.

Weight - still at 8 lbs loss from New year, no gains, no loss from last time.

Any app recommendations to log weight and get trending weight for a period?

I've started eating more frequently (breakfast, 11, 1, 4, 6 and 8) but lesser portions. This has helped me keep hunger at bay while tricking my stomach into eating less at every meal (and not worry too much if I don't eat to max since I know the next meal is just two hours away). I hope this reduces my stomach size and bring it back to normal (from pregnancy size). I'm also drinking more water than before.

Exercise is still not happening yet :( got a jump rope to see if I can make myself use it.

Managed to knock out three more pounds after hitting a plateau for a week or so in between. That brings up tally to 11 pounds lost since new year. Hope this is the start of a new losing streak.

asiljoy

• Bristles
« Reply #346 on: January 19, 2018, 05:23:23 AM »
Per Happy Scale I've lost 2 pounds. Logging food before I eat it seems to be an effective way to get myself to evaluate if I really need that blizzard. I didn't get to the gym 3 times last week, but I did do a class, lift twice, and did the walking desk enough so that beat my calorie burn goal each day. So gonna say yay for that.

Part of me wants to get really aggressive with this, but past habits tell me that's when I yo-yo. Yes 2 isn't a lot. Yes this is going to take time. It's about building a sustainable lifestyle and just making it a habit I don't even think about. I can do this. Stay the course!
Down 4 pounds in 18 days. So close to under 190. It's been slower than I'd like, but frankly it hasn't been that hard either. I think the forced logging before eating has been a good change for me. Usually when I have a crazy week at work, like this one, I would have gained a couple pounds through stress eating. While this week I didn't get the exercise I'd like, at least that stopped me from gaining weight.

StarBright

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #347 on: January 19, 2018, 06:13:03 AM »
Weekly Weigh in:

December 30: 145
January 5:      144
January 12:    143.4
January 19:    143.8

Nothing new to report here. Maintenence/last 3 pounds are boring! I've effectively been working on the same five pounds since June 2016.

But I know that if I don't track I'll start to creep up again. I may not ever hit 140 at this stage of my life (lack of time and long hours at desk job make me sedentary to the sloth level) but I can keep it under 145 with careful eating.

Hope everyone has great weeks!

Apple_Tango

• Bristles
« Reply #348 on: January 19, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »

Starting metrics in black, Last update in Green, New update in RED
Starting weight (Dec 26, 2017): 241 : 241 ; 236
Starting pushups: 0
Starting mile pace: 16 min. : 15:35!
Starting bench press: 55 pounds : 60 pounds

Short term goals:
Goal 1: work out 4 days a week, an hour per day.  3 days per week
Goal 2: drink 8 glasses of water per day : around 4 glasses ; up to 8 glasses!
Goal 3: eat 50 grams of fiber per day (fruits and veggies); crushing this goal, 50 g achieved! on average this week
Goal 4: 14 min mile by July 2018
Goal 5: 220 pounds by July 2018

Updates on metrics are in the quote in RED
Have started tracking calories. I resisted this for a while but now I've just started to think about it as a budget similar to my financial budget. I'm trying to find foods that are the most nutrition, and most filling, for the least amount of calories and aiming to average around 2000 calories per day. I'm finding that my previous portion sizes were far too big, and I am just as full on 2000 calories as I was before I was tracking (I was probably eating 3000-4000 calories some days before). I've lost about 5 pounds since the end of December which makes me happy :)

I've put a sample meal down below. i'm vegan so you'll notice no meat, dairy, or eggs

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with maple syrup, almonds, and blueberries along with a fruit/veggie smoothie of banana, strawberries, and spinach (total meal is around 750 calories), plus a glass of water

Snack: Rice cake with some peanut butter and a glass of water (150 calories)

Lunch: Veggie Soup and some crackers (total meal is around 400 calories) and a glass of water

Dinner: Burrito Bowl with base of lettuce topped with 1 cup rice, 1 cup potatoes, 1 cup black beans, 1 cup roasted corn, 1 avocado, and salsa (total meal is around 700 calories), plus glass of water

After dinner snack: Cup of tea with tsp of splenda

The remaining four glasses of water are spread throughout the day, or concentrated during a workout when I drink like a fish.

Some days are better, some days are worse, but I'm actually enjoying the calorie counting ??? that's weird.
Fiber tends to end up around 50-60 grams, protein around 60-70 grams, fat around 40 grams, carbs around 300 grams. Those numbers are off the top of my head as my journal isn't in front of me at the moment. I use the Cronometer app and website to track calories, nutrition, and fitness.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:13:38 AM by Apple_Tango »

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #349 on: January 21, 2018, 02:04:32 AM »
Time for another weigh-in. :)

Last week's weight: 121.3kg
Current weight: 118.7kg

Slight asterisk against this one because I haven't had dinner yet (chicken and vegetables are cooking in the oven as we speak).

I've been better the last week (basically been reducing carbs and increasing vegetables, save for the bowl of laksa and two beers on Friday night). Portion sizes could come down a bit, but it's not so bad if it's mostly veg, right? :)

Haven't noticed anything different with how my clothes fit just yet.

The weather is dry and not too hot this week (highest temp is high 20s), so I'll try and ride my bike all week. Last week I only rode one day (although there were two 40 degree days, and that's a bit too warm for comfort on the bike).