Author Topic: Lose 15 pounds by Dec 31, 2014 -- google doc added!  (Read 79263 times)

ender

• Walrus Stache
Re: Lose 15 pounds by Dec 31, 2014 -- google doc added!
« Reply #200 on: August 23, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »
A good week for me - didn't do anything different and a loss of 2.6lbs. I found the graph function, thats cool!

Yeah especially as some of us get more data in there I think it'll work out to be pretty neat!

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2014, 06:06:42 AM »
Weigh in day is a happy day.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2014, 06:51:11 AM »
Out of curiosity, I've been weighing myself every day in the morning after the first bathroom visit, and my weight moves around a ton. Just this week, all the way from 202 to 209. Weigh in today was 207, but I lost a good inch or two (perhaps by measuring more carefully).

My legs still ache like they're desperately trying to add muscle. I've been saying this for months, but I also need to start working my upper body again. I've got door-kicking legs but T-Rex arms.

Reminder once again that weight is just one measure of health.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2014, 07:51:23 AM »
I'm in ... anyone needing to lose a ton of weight check out 4 hour body slow carb diet... i went for 230 to 190 2 years ago in less than 6 months... only reason weight has come back is work travel... planning to keep this as a lifestyle once the weight is lost.  currently 215 plan to be 185 by EOY... also ... if you're serious about losing weight ... check out dietbetter.com... you can make some money while you are losing.  its not for everyone but if you plan to lose anyways why not make a few bucks. 

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2014, 10:11:43 AM »
Back from my birthday hiatus week. I went out of town last weekend and ate like crazy.  Then spent my birthday alone and wound up doing a lot of emotional eating.  Ice cream is enemy number 1! I ate two pints of ice cream plus a big ice cream cone last week.  EEK! So no change from two weeks ago is probably pretty good, all things considered.

I added myself to the sheet. I need to get serious. I am the heaviest I have ever been. I struggle with emotional eating and drinking. I am in heavy debt-repayment mode, and I stress. I stress over each bill, each interest rate, each payment. I calculate nickels and dimes constantly for max payments to my debt. I come home from working all day and clean house or cook and try not to lose my mind. How do you stay sane? I drink that $14 box of wine to make my worries go away, but the calories are not helping my weight. I feel overwhelmed most of the time.

This is me. No the debt, but other stressors. And it's not alcohol for me, but sugar. OMG! SUGAR! One day I looked down at the scale reading 220 and I told myself something had to change. I don't now what happened that day that was different from before, but I eventually got down to about 155. I'm 165 now and beating myself up about it. I need to get my act back together . 

I don't know how you stay sane. I know I don't. I screw up all the time. This is really a mental game for me. When one thing gets better, something else starts stressing me out and has me reaching for the ice cream. Food is a coping strategy for me. Not good. When everything else feels overwhelming, I reach for food for comfort. But that is deceptive, because it'll make me feel worse later and what I eat is something I can actually control. When I have control over my eating, I have control over that little aspect of my life and I feel empowered and better able to face some of the other stuff. This can go too far the other direction for me too though. Eating so little that I pass out? VERY BAD! Yeah, I'm never gonna have a healthy relationship with food.  The best I can do is keep trying to keep things reasonable.

A few things that have helped me: Don't buy any trigger foods in the first place. It's much easier to resist a moment of weakness if you have to go to the store before you can indulge. (Hard to do this one if you live with other people though. There was a time when I could basically only have vegetables, eggs, and chicken breast in my kitchen. Anything else was too much of a temptation.)  Brush your teeth. As soon as you've finished a meal or when you feel yourself getting tempted to eat when you're not really hungry.  Wine is not going to taste as good if you've just brushed your teeth.  Tea; negligible calories but yummy, warm, and comforting so it helps me with some of my emotional eating stuff. Exercise actually reduces my appetite, but good luck convincing me I want to exercise when I've had to stay late at work and I'm coming home tired, hungry, and stressed out. Music, I like to dance, so if I turn on music while I am cooking dinner or cleaning up, I move around more and it gives my mood a boost and makes me mentally more wiling to do some exercise.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
Yep sugar is a big deal for many people. And one thing most people don't realize is even natural sugars found in fruit and juices are typically over eaten in the name of health.  You should onpynhave one serving of fruit for every 6 servings of vegetables (potatoes no matter what kind and corn aren't vegetables they are starches). Also. Weight loss is more closely linked to what you eat than how.much you work out or stay active.  The exercise will keep you fit but fat/weight loss isabout what you eat.

apfroggy0408

• Stubble
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2014, 11:22:20 AM »
You cannot out train a bad diet.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2014, 11:34:02 AM »
^^^^  this.

I worked out today is not an excuse to eat potato chips or ice cream or whatever your vice is

wild wendella

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »

So very true. Unfortunately, I've only improved my diet by about 25%, so I haven't seen a huge improvement.  Tecnhically, I've lost 2 pounds, but as mentioned above that falls within the range of normal fluctuation.  Need to get more serious.  One thing I have been doing better is getting more exercise.  I biked to work 3 days last week.  Hope to keep that up this week.  We bike or hike at least once each weekend.  Also, I've been doing laps on a long staircase at work.  I'm up to 48 flights a day, up and down.  So I'm feeling stronger, but not yet lighter.  ;)

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2014, 08:40:59 AM »
yes but as stated above and as you are agreeing with in your statement... hiking and biking will keep you fit physically... but will not help you shred pounds unless paired with good eating habits. 

centwise

• Stubble
« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2014, 09:00:36 AM »
... hiking and biking will keep you fit physically... but will not help you shred pounds unless paired with good eating habits. 

Add another vote of agreement ^! I feel so much better when I exercise, but I don't seem to lose weight unless I control what I eat (AND exercise too).

Which brings me to my weekly check-in: I've been very active but somewhat inconsistent with the diet, so I'm happy to report that I'm down another pound. I appear* to have lost two pounds in total, so far. It seems very slow, but I love the chart tab in the spreadsheet! It shows me that I'm still on track, even if I average less that one pound of weight loss per week.

*I use the word "appear" because a pound or two is still within error bars (measurement error and natural daily weight fluctuations). So I won't be certain that I'm headed in the right direction until I've seen the trend continue for a month or so.

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »
... hiking and biking will keep you fit physically... but will not help you shred pounds unless paired with good eating habits. 

Add another vote of agreement ^! I feel so much better when I exercise, but I don't seem to lose weight unless I control what I eat (AND exercise too).

Which brings me to my weekly check-in: I've been very active but somewhat inconsistent with the diet, so I'm happy to report that I'm down another pound. I appear* to have lost two pounds in total, so far. It seems very slow, but I love the chart tab in the spreadsheet! It shows me that I'm still on track, even if I average less that one pound of weight loss per week.

*I use the word "appear" because a pound or two is still within error bars (measurement error and natural daily weight fluctuations). So I won't be certain that I'm headed in the right direction until I've seen the trend continue for a month or so.

I started the year at 100kg, and started biking, in about 3 months I was down to 97kg, then three months later back up to 100kg.  At first the loss was due to biking, but then I just started eating more to compensate.  Now I'm down to 93.5kg after a month and a half, all from diet.  I like to remind myself that my daily commute of 3 miles, about 30 minutes round trip, is equivalent to a single 12oz can of coke.

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #212 on: August 25, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »
I'm in ... anyone needing to lose a ton of weight check out 4 hour body slow carb diet... i went for 230 to 190 2 years ago in less than 6 months... only reason weight has come back is work travel... planning to keep this as a lifestyle once the weight is lost.  currently 215 plan to be 185 by EOY... also ... if you're serious about losing weight ... check out dietbetter.com... you can make some money while you are losing.  its not for everyone but if you plan to lose anyways why not make a few bucks.

I second the dietbetter recommendation.  I've won three so far and working on another three.  It can be quite the motivation to keep up a diet plan.  I struggled a little at first with my second set of bets, but now I am just about back on track with 2.5 weeks left.  It feels good to see the goal of 91.8kg and a timeline to reach it in.  I'll have lost my 10% by end of September most likely, it really isn't that hard if you just put your mind to it and devise an easy to follow plan.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #213 on: August 25, 2014, 05:26:39 PM »
Up a bit after the weekend, since I had quite a few too large meals.

And sweet corn. I never would have thought corn could be a vice but when you have a ton of it (great uncle's with an acre+ of corn ftw!) you can sure eat a ton of it...

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #214 on: August 25, 2014, 06:53:58 PM »
Maybe its cause I'm young. Or male. Or tall with a little fat. 6'4 215. But I can lose 5 lbs in a day. For those here talking fluctuation. I can fluctuate my weight over 15 lbs up and back Down in a 48 hour period.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #215 on: August 25, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »
Maybe its cause I'm young. Or male. Or tall with a little fat. 6'4 215. But I can lose 5 lbs in a day. For those here talking fluctuation. I can fluctuate my weight over 15 lbs up and back Down in a 48 hour period.

Mine doesn't fluctuate quite that much, but even when i measure "fasting" weight, I'll see +/- 10 pounds in a single week.

Grid

• Bristles
  • I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see
« Reply #216 on: August 25, 2014, 08:13:07 PM »

Mine doesn't fluctuate quite that much, but even when i measure "fasting" weight, I'll see +/- 10 pounds in a single week.

6'4" 193, and I don't fluctuate more than 3 pounds +/- in a given week.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2014, 05:11:13 AM »
I was 219 Sunday and I haven't really been trying to lower my weight in any way but a healthy way but I'm 213 today. If I was really trying I could be 210 or less

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2014, 01:59:14 PM »
I've seen some insane drops this week so far.  Almost every day I see a drop of about 0.3kg.  Today I weighed in at 92.9kg, it's been a long time since I'd seen myself below 93kg.  Hope to keep up the momentum, finally caught up on my diet bets with 17 days to go for this round.  At this rate I should be below 90kg by end of September, then I may start adding calories back into my diet as I ease off just in time for the holidays.

NICE!

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2014, 10:41:01 PM »
Added my stuff - I'm down 11 from the starting date, with about 14 to go. Might eventually need to make a stretch goal. 165 instead of 170? Starting weight was 195.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:51:52 AM by NICE! »

goldengrove

« Reply #220 on: August 27, 2014, 05:44:29 PM »
Speaking of weight fluctuations...
This past week I ate pretty well and lost 5 lbs.  Then on Friday I had several department meetings/parties with free food. Gained the 5 lbs back in one day, plus I felt terrible (this was from some soy sauce at lunch and two hot dogs and a few Doritos at dinner. That's IT). This week I resumed my better eating and have already lost the 5 lbs again. My weight never fluctuates more than a pound in a day, so that experience was a pretty clear indication of what works best for me. And just because food is free doesn't mean you have to eat it!

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #221 on: August 27, 2014, 05:58:06 PM »
Soy sauce. Seriously its not bad for you.  Now you could use tamari in its place then there is really no problem. But I still can't see how 2 hot dogs and a few doritos gained you that much weight. Unless you weighted yourself then ate 5 lbs worth of food. Then weighed yourself again

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2014, 11:31:18 AM »
Soy sauce. Seriously its not bad for you.  Now you could use tamari in its place then there is really no problem. But I still can't see how 2 hot dogs and a few doritos gained you that much weight. Unless you weighted yourself then ate 5 lbs worth of food. Then weighed yourself again

It could be just that.  See an earlier comment I made on reasons for sudden weight gain.  One is an analogy of your digestive system being like a conveyor belt.  If you are putting 1lb on 3 times a day then that will be a consistent weight day after day.  But when suddenly you put 3lbs on instead of just 1lb you may not have "gained" 3lbs of fat, it may just fall off the next day as the conveyor reaches the end of the line, but it is in your digestive system until then.  I've found that I generally don't eat much bread during the week, but may have a pizza or hamburger on the weekend.  The increased mass/calorie consumption, may cause an increase even if I am still below calories for the day due to the weight difference of my 1400 calorie weekly day and my 1800 calorie weekend day.

Another problem is sodium, which soy sauce will have, and drinking plenty of water afterwards will help balance your sodium again.  Case in point, I made home made pizza this weekend and realized that my portion had 2300mg of salt!  Wow, that's a whole days worth.  So I drank plenty of water, more than usual, and was able to maintain my downward trend.  If I had only drank a normal amount of water I may have retained more to counterbalance the increased salt that is still in my system.

My wife being Asian a lot of our food includes soy sauce, so it isn't the problem in and of itself, moderation is the key, and understanding how much salt you are ingesting in total.

This is also why I advocate a trend weight tracking system because it will smooth out those bounces, which is better for morale.  You can see an example by looking at my opendiet graph in my signature.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2014, 12:24:49 PM »
As always it is so much easier for the men to lose weight then women-not fair!!  Good news I have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks so have 19 more to go.  Walking my big dog everyday is definitely helping besides counting calories.

JoyBlogette

• Stubble
    • My Journal
« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
Just re-reading old MMM articles for motivation and entertainment and came across this gem in the following blog post:

"Consumer debt and excessive amounts of body fat are virtually identical."

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/04/18/news-flash-your-debt-is-an-emergency/

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2014, 01:15:58 PM »
yeah i dont fully understand how i can shred weight in a week and my wife takes months to reach the same point... if i dont see results i just move on with whatever it is in my life i'm attempting to accomplish

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »
Men have more muscle & less body fat then women because women are made to have kids & nurse them.  Muscle burns calories faster then fat does. Just a genetic thing that at one time was very useful-now not so much.

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2014, 06:11:14 PM »
Just re-reading old MMM articles for motivation and entertainment and came across this gem in the following blog post:

"Consumer debt and excessive amounts of body fat are virtually identical."

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/04/18/news-flash-your-debt-is-an-emergency/

Lol, I'm reading from the beginning and that is the post I just got to.  Every article is a gem.

This week I have been losing weight really fast, like worrisome fast.  I was just talking to my friend about it when I decided to do a little bit more research.  I read an article about the 1200 Calorie rule, as most who diet will know is the minimum amount of calories one should consume.  But I found a line which I have not read elsewhere, that 1200 calories is for women, and 1800 is for men.

Then with a bit more talking I was trying to figure out why I was losing 2kg, my math showed me I should be losing 1-1.2kg, where is the 900 Calorie deficit that I don't see?  Turns out I have no idea why I thought my normal metabolic rate would be 2300 Calories/day.  Using various calculators out there it shows I should have 3000 Calories/day + another 300 for biking to work.  What is the difference?  ~1000 Calories.  Now I've found my missing 900 Calorie expenditure.

This is actually really good news as it turns out I need to eat another 600 Calories a day at minimum than I have been eating.  With that I should continue to lose about 1.4kg a week, while I only need to maintain 0.9kg to win the diet bets.  Also comes at the time when I happen to be running out of fiber supplements and these extra 600 calories will be calculated to make up for the fiber shortage I would face.

This feels almost like a windfall when you are barely scraping by and suddenly you find out that you were reading the wrong numbers on your paycheck and you actually have 50% more than what you originally thought so now you can turn on the lights and take hot showers instead of sitting in the dark and shivering from the cold shower you just took.  Instead of going out and celebrating my windfall with a fancy pants pizza buffet,  I'm going to adjust my calories slowly up to 1800 at a rate of about 200/week, and by that time my diet bets will be over and I can continue to adjust back up to a maintenance level.

MariaSouth

• Bristles
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2014, 08:46:17 AM »
Hi all, good to read you all.

A bit late this week, but happy to report a tiny lost. Did not do anything especial really, maybe a bit more walking. I have to get serious about it, Summer is right in the corner here in the south hemisphere, and I do not feel happy with my body. Plus, I need to fit in my old pants as I only have only one working right now.
Thanks for the motivation guys.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
Weigh in today. Superstoked.
Down 17.6 pounds since I started and 5.6 since I joined the challenge.

This week my boss was in town, which translated to lots of long and hefty meals (both lunch and dinner), plus alcohol etc. and very little sleep.
I still managed to bike to work. Two days I ended up walking, because I had to leave the bike behind in the evening, as we were late heading out for dinner and I needed to catch a car ride with a colleague.

I had really hoped to stay stable and not gain, but had not expected to loose weight and certainly not that much.
Alcohol tends to mess up my metabolism real bad on top of all the calories it has, so this was a nice surprise!

I feel this is to make up for the weeks and weeks, when I was a good girl and did not loose a single gram despite of veggies/fruit and staying within the calorie budget.

I know it's not sustainable to drink and eat what I want, but boy if I could eat and drink every week, like I did this past week and still loose over 2 pounds, I'd be the happiest camper on the planet ;)

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2014, 06:37:58 AM »
0.2 pound loss this week.  Whoo-hoo, better than a gain!

ToughMother

• Bristles
« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2014, 07:47:33 AM »
Thwarted by water-retaining female hormones! <insert jealous comment about men here> damnation & up 0.6 this week...

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2014, 07:59:24 AM »
Down to 207.6 dual cheat day. ~8 pounds in first week yeah a lot is water weight. Goal 202 by end of week.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:17 AM »
My weight is schizophrenic...

badasswizard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2014, 08:16:12 PM »
I'm in! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I currently weigh 143 and would like to weigh 128 by the end of the year. My ultimate goal would be 125, but I can fudge a little on the end date.

What I'm going to do:
+Walk for an hour minimum every morning
+Bike commute to work 4 days a week; use bike for all errands
+Eat real food!
+Not buy and eat junk food just because I'm emotional. I look at this in my monthly accounting and want to punch myself in the face
+I'm on the hunt for some craigslist barbells for increasing my weight training badassity. Currently I do body weight exercises but not with any regularity

I'm excited to have some people holding me accountable, as I've been stuck at this weight for 1-2 years after losing ~50 pounds in the years before that.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2014, 08:44:46 PM »
So I've done really well with modifying my diet. Much more focus on nutrition, much higher proportion of veges and lean protein to everything else.

But I'm not dropping any weight yet.

Figure I'll keep consolidating my good eating behaviours, and then maybe consider the 'what next' in a few weeks if I still haven't started dropping weight. I do tend to be a slow gainer and a slow loser...

ruthiegirl

• Bristles
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2014, 06:17:00 AM »
I am doing better with exercise.  A good walk/jog yesterday, a swim on Saturday.  I am definitely feeling better.  I must do better with my eating habits though. 

No loss for me this week. 

TheFrugalFox

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2014, 10:28:31 PM »
I'm in - 266 at 6'6

I've come to the conclusion lighter is better for my knees and spine - and will probably increase my speed around the tennis court. Won't do anything drastic, but will cut out most carbs and junk food and try smaller portions. Will also be more active during the day as I have tons of work to do around the house.

nyxst

• Bristles
    • AgainstAllOdds
« Reply #238 on: September 02, 2014, 05:50:11 AM »
I see that there is a tab so we can see our progress as a chart, but only some of the names are listed in the drop down list.  Does anyone know how to update this so all of the name are on there?

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #239 on: September 02, 2014, 03:17:13 PM »
I see that there is a tab so we can see our progress as a chart, but only some of the names are listed in the drop down list.  Does anyone know how to update this so all of the name are on there?

Adjusted again so all names are in it, now with over 60 people.

senorpanqueque

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2014, 10:17:28 AM »
Been living in Halifax for a year with less regimented exercise and activities. Just moved back to Ontario last night and jumped on my parent's scale. I think I'm up 20 pounds or so for the year. Saw the 2 on the scale (that being the first number) for the first time since my big days in high school. Didn't like that. I'd like to get down to 185 by Christmas, with 175 being the pipe dream goal.

Couple of simple things I'll be doing:

1. No alcohol September
2. Doing more jogs around the city.
3. I'll be working regularly, so it will be easier to eat regular meals.
4. Playing sports one night a week currently; it's almost hockey season so that will jump to 2 or 3 nights soon
5. Acquiring a bike to get some rides in before the bad weather comes.

ender

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2014, 05:10:51 PM »
Slow but steady here. Or not... :(

The chart is really starting to be meaningful, shows how far off track I am from my goals!

JoyBlogette

• Stubble
    • My Journal
« Reply #242 on: September 04, 2014, 09:44:54 AM »
Slow but steady here. Or not... :(

The chart is really starting to be meaningful, shows how far off track I am from my goals!

I find I am going up in weight at the start of the week, then coming down a bit just in time for weigh-in day.  Time to stop cheating so much.  Oh sugar... how I'll miss you.

abuzzyisawesome

• Stubble
« Reply #243 on: September 04, 2014, 11:41:12 AM »
Progress. Down 5 pounds so far. Still some wine in there, but quantities getting better, and added some gym work in there. Nothing major, just cardio and weights. Honestly, I have just been trying to REMAIN CALM, keep cortisol down, have a glass of wine to unwind, but do some walking and crafting as well.  Trying to sleep better too. It seems all stressors in life are reflected in my weight. House a mess, water heater breaks, installing new server at the office..it all piles up. So I am trying to incorporate healthy habits in a sane and measured fashion, and not stress out if I eat a chicken strip or have wine. We shall see.

FrugalZony

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2014, 10:22:23 PM »
I dug out the Wii fit today that I got for a killer deal a few years ago.
The Mii thingie told me, I have not used it for 1010 days, oops
It also told me how much weight I gained since I last used it.
As I have it, I figured I might as well use it ;)

I have started to work from home more often, so I am missing the bike commuting exercise
I did get around to do some swimming and get a nice upper body workout from scrubbing the pool, but
I still feel, I need a bit extra to make up for the commute.

I'll also have to go look for my lock, so I can get groceries with my bike more often.

raffmaster

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2014, 05:50:38 AM »
I'm in! I've been attempting this since July, but only recently stopped being a lurker :D
Down 5 lb so far, though it seems like my weight fluctuates about that much in a week, so it might be a fluke.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2014, 09:12:54 AM »
Just found out today I am 160 *cry* My goal is 140. Looks to be about 15-16 weeks left... I need to lost 1.25lb/wk to reach goal. And this is all during the holiday season. Nice!

soccerluvof4

• Walrus Stache
  • Retired at 50
    • My Journal
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2014, 09:23:33 AM »
was down 3 last week and had to peek at scale this morning and down another 3. Hopefully will hold and add to it for Sundays weigh in.

badasswizard

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #248 on: September 06, 2014, 10:57:18 AM »
Well, I'm up 1 pound again due to unhealthy snack choices/portion control. I'm about to leave on a 3 week backpacking trip, which hopefully will result in some weight loss. If not, I must be doing it wrong.

..but...even if no loss, I will have an excellent adventure!

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #249 on: September 06, 2014, 11:30:59 AM »
^Backpacking sounds fun!

And this is all during the holiday season. Nice!

There is data to suggest that the weight people gain during the holidays never quite gets completely shed somehow the next spring, and that this is what actually gradually pushes the average person's weight up over a period of years.  So the timing of this challenge is perfect for us all!