General Discussion > Throw Down the Gauntlet

Lose 10% or More of Your Body Weight in 2017

(1/141) > >>

FIRE me:
I intend to lose 10% or more of my body weight in 2017.

Currently I am 191 pounds. My goal is to reach 170 pounds. I will be FIRE'd as of January 4, 2017 so I am hopeful that this will be a good time to make a genuine lifestyle change as opposed to the usual cycle of gain and then lose, gain, lose, lather, rinse and repeat.

My motivation is to better my odds of staying healthy by reducing my blood pressure, the risk of stroke, heart attack, and Diabetes, all of which unfortunately run in my extended family.

I will post updated stats weekly, or at least every two weeks. But may post more frequently to discuss diet and general strategy if anyone else is interested.

Anyone else in?

boarder42:
i'm in... i'm at 210 this morning i plan to be 185 by april/may.

Cookie78:
I'm in!

Currently 161 pounds. Aiming for 130 by FIRE day Aug 3, 2017. 31 pounds in 31 weeks. It's an ambitious goal for me, but I'm determined. Most of my other priorities are on autopilot now, so I can focus on this one.

Starting with Whole 30 on Friday.

FIRE me:

--- Quote from: Cookie78 on December 28, 2016, 10:23:58 AM ---I'm in!

Currently 161 pounds. Aiming for 130 by FIRE day Aug 3, 2017. 31 pounds in 31 weeks. It's an ambitious goal for me, but I'm determined. Most of my other priorities are on autopilot now, so I can focus on this one.

Starting with Whole 30 on Friday.

--- End quote ---

I've heard good things about Whole 30 and paleo.

I plan to go my own way and cut my bad habits like sweets, pizza, barbecue, boredom eating, and overeating. I'll also exercise, but that is more for the cardio benefit that losing weight.

I'm considering occasional 24 hour water only fasts, but that may exceed my self control abilities.

FIRE me:

--- Quote from: boarder42 on December 28, 2016, 10:17:21 AM ---i'm in... i'm at 210 this morning i plan to be 185 by april/may.

--- End quote ---

Misery loves company, but so does success. We're going to do this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version