Author Topic: Lose 10% or More of Your Body Weight in 2017  (Read 119076 times)

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
Re: Lose 10% or More of Your Body Weight in 2017
« Reply #350 on: February 27, 2017, 07:35:05 AM »
make sure you get the 30g of protien when you wake up and everything else should work out.

i overdid cheat day it was awful.  i was up all night ... my body just rejects carbs now its pretty crazy. 

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #351 on: February 27, 2017, 07:43:36 AM »
Date                Weight
1/9/2017           340
1/30/2017   328
2/6/2017           317
2/13/2017   308
2/20/2017   305
2/27/2017   301.8

Closing in on the 200s. 26.8 More pounds to go until re-evaluation.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #352 on: February 27, 2017, 07:50:07 AM »
1/9/2017           340
1/30/2017   328
2/6/2017           317
2/13/2017   308
2/20/2017   305
2/27/2017   301.8

you're killing it what are you following?

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #353 on: February 27, 2017, 08:26:19 AM »
1/9/2017           340
1/30/2017   328
2/6/2017           317
2/13/2017   308
2/20/2017   305
2/27/2017   301.8

Somewhere between 4 hour body and Atkins. Very little fruit, no grains, cheese once or twice a week. ~3000 calories a day, 275g protein, under 50g carbs. Cheat day once a week, though I try to make it just 1 meal. Add in 3-4 hours of weight training and HIIT cardio a week and it works pretty well for me.

My blood work hasn't looked this good in forever. A1c is 5.3, triglycerides are around 130, HDL just hit 61. I forget my LDL, but the ratio looked good. Cutting out the booze several nights a week and pizza a couple times a week and it's easy for me to drop at a healthy rate.

The other thing that really helped was a two day fast. I mean, granted, I was sick. But that fast sort of broke the cravings I had been having and made it possible for me to just open the fridge, grab a couple eggs, and cook them and be happy if I got hungry rather than obsessing over junk food. The psychological part of food addiction has always been tough for me.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #354 on: February 27, 2017, 08:33:42 AM »
1/9/2017           340
1/30/2017   328
2/6/2017           317
2/13/2017   308
2/20/2017   305
2/27/2017   301.8

Somewhere between 4 hour body and Atkins. Very little fruit, no grains, cheese once or twice a week. ~3000 calories a day, 275g protein, under 50g carbs. Cheat day once a week, though I try to make it just 1 meal. Add in 3-4 hours of weight training and HIIT cardio a week and it works pretty well for me.

My blood work hasn't looked this good in forever. A1c is 5.3, triglycerides are around 130, HDL just hit 61. I forget my LDL, but the ratio looked good. Cutting out the booze several nights a week and pizza a couple times a week and it's easy for me to drop at a healthy rate.

The other thing that really helped was a two day fast. I mean, granted, I was sick. But that fast sort of broke the cravings I had been having and made it possible for me to just open the fridge, grab a couple eggs, and cook them and be happy if I got hungry rather than obsessing over junk food. The psychological part of food addiction has always been tough for me.

sounds pretty close to what i do only i'm a bit more strict on the 4 hour body.  cheese does make its way in every once and a while.  its astounding how well it does at cutting Fat.  and in a healthy way. 

BabyShark

• Bristles
« Reply #355 on: February 27, 2017, 08:56:19 AM »
make sure you get the 30g of protien when you wake up and everything else should work out.

i overdid cheat day it was awful.  i was up all night ... my body just rejects carbs now its pretty crazy.

Yea I picked up some protein drinks that have 30g in them, I pounded one of those and a hard boiled egg this morning.  Lunch this week is fajitas with three kinds of beans (including the first time I ever made dried beans!)  I'm going on vacation on from Saturday-Thursday to a place I'd rather not mention on the forum for fear of face punching, so I need to figure out how I'm going to make it work then.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #356 on: February 27, 2017, 09:38:51 AM »

Yea I picked up some protein drinks that have 30g in them, I pounded one of those and a hard boiled egg this morning.  Lunch this week is fajitas with three kinds of beans (including the first time I ever made dried beans!)  I'm going on vacation on from Saturday-Thursday to a place I'd rather not mention on the forum for fear of face punching, so I need to figure out how I'm going to make it work then.

i quit the diet on vacation usually.  Also i'm sure you read it but Ferris recommends not using protien drinks if you can avoid them.

BabyShark

• Bristles
« Reply #357 on: February 27, 2017, 09:43:53 AM »

i quit the diet on vacation usually.  Also i'm sure you read it but Ferris recommends not using protien drinks if you can avoid them.

Yea I know, they're mostly for this week to get me started.  As for vacation, I'm not going to kick myself if I don't stick to it exactly but I have a habit of going totally nutso on vacation and I'm afraid if I lose the (limited) progress I've been making I'm going to get discouraged.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #358 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:40 AM »

Yea I know, they're mostly for this week to get me started.  As for vacation, I'm not going to kick myself if I don't stick to it exactly but I have a habit of going totally nutso on vacation and I'm afraid if I lose the (limited) progress I've been making I'm going to get discouraged.

i've found on this diet its pretty easy to stick to meat beans and veggies almost anywhere ... then your booze intake maybe off a bit but thats what i try to do when possible.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #359 on: February 27, 2017, 02:58:05 PM »
those doing 4 hour body i've modified my chip recipe for black bean chips its now much simpler.

mix 1 to 1 BB flour to water - add in whatever seasonings you want and a touch of olive oil

spread over silicone baking mat in thin layer
bake in oven at 255 after about 5-10 minutes use a pizza cutter to cut into chips

should be done much faster and you get a thinner chip thats uniform.

Ready2Go

• Stubble
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2017, 03:28:12 PM »

12/28 - 153
01/06 - 150
01/17 - 150
01/27 - 149
02/02 - 150 -  2% down
02/10 - 144
02/27 - 147 !!

GOAL: 137

So after fasting weight down a lot, and 2 weeks later,  weight still down without too much effort on my part.  We are playing around with a LCHF type of vegetarian diet.  I'm not sure that LC and vegetarian really works, but the approach is helping my DH, so sticking with this for now.  I am finding that I need to get more creative with our meal planning, and definitely can't just do dinner without a plan. 

Runrooster

• Bristles
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
I need to lose more than 10% but that would be great progress.
I'm at the end of week 1, so I'm through the worst of the hunger pains I hope.

week 0:0
week 1: -3

My biggest battle is free food at work which is tastier/caloric than whatever I've packed for lunch.  So success was eating only one piece of pizza and then eating my beans. I can't quite convince myself I like the beans more, but I can decide that maximum pizza enjoyment comes at the first piece.  Also, fried chicken without the skin doesn't taste any better than chicken breast, so I kept my portions reasonable.  I have been able to go for walks at lunch though, better to sidestep temptations.

Secretly Saving

• Bristles
« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2017, 07:34:36 PM »
Down 3.6% in 2.5 weeks. 
Still completely off sugar. 
Have now added - lowER carb.  (Not ready to try and cut all of them.)
Still eating slowly and trying to really enjoy the food.
Still eating only when hungry. 
Yay!

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #363 on: February 28, 2017, 10:11:59 AM »
2/14: 179.8, 32.7 BF%
2/21: 177.8, 30.5 BF%
2/28: 177.6, 29.9 BF%

Goal: 155

Not much progress on the weight front due to an all you can eat crawfish boil (plus boudin, beer fries, potatoes, beer, etc...) balls and a huge steak this last weekend.  BF% is still dropping though so I won't get too disappointed.

BabyShark

• Bristles
« Reply #364 on: February 28, 2017, 10:35:06 AM »
Not much progress on the weight front due to an all you can eat crawfish boil (plus boudin, beer fries, potatoes, beer, etc...) balls and a huge steak this last weekend.  BF% is still dropping though so I won't get too disappointed.

Ugh that sounds amazing.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #365 on: February 28, 2017, 11:04:48 AM »

My biggest battle is free food at work which is tastier/caloric than whatever I've packed for lunch.  So success was eating only one piece of pizza and then eating my beans. I can't quite convince myself I like the beans more, but I can decide that maximum pizza enjoyment comes at the first piece.  Also, fried chicken without the skin doesn't taste any better than chicken breast, so I kept my portions reasonable.  I have been able to go for walks at lunch though, better to sidestep temptations.

i've taken to taking a donut or cookie or whatever comes thru and saving them for the weekend so i can save money on cheating

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #366 on: February 28, 2017, 11:09:45 AM »
Posting to follow.  Realized the other day that the amount of weight I need/want to lose is just about 10% of my body weight - and then this thread caught my eye.  Thanks and look forward to posting more later!

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #367 on: February 28, 2017, 12:36:17 PM »

i've taken to taking a donut or cookie or whatever comes thru and saving them for the weekend so i can save money on cheating

Luckily my office cafeteria is upstairs and I hardly go up there.  They put all the free stuff there as well, so it's pretty easy to avoid.  But we're not getting free pizza or fried chicken either, usually donuts or cookies.

I find a good strategy is to keep a good snack at work.  I like to keep a good amount of beef jerky in at my desk or office fridge.  If you have access to a fridge the steak strips from costco are the best, but they need to be refrigerated.  You do have to watch out though, a lot of beef jerky is processed with sugar, even the costco steak strips, so if you are trying to stay low carb or low sugar you need to moderate these.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #368 on: February 28, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »

Luckily my office cafeteria is upstairs and I hardly go up there.  They put all the free stuff there as well, so it's pretty easy to avoid.  But we're not getting free pizza or fried chicken either, usually donuts or cookies.

I find a good strategy is to keep a good snack at work.  I like to keep a good amount of beef jerky in at my desk or office fridge.  If you have access to a fridge the steak strips from costco are the best, but they need to be refrigerated.  You do have to watch out though, a lot of beef jerky is processed with sugar, even the costco steak strips, so if you are trying to stay low carb or low sugar you need to moderate these.

i just use will power.  lots and lots of will power. 

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #369 on: February 28, 2017, 12:46:38 PM »

Haha I use my willpower to just avoid the problem.  If I ever tried to save those items for my cheat day...well they wouldn't make it to cheat day.  Also why I don't keep any "cheat" items in my house. 

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #370 on: February 28, 2017, 01:47:41 PM »

Haha I use my willpower to just avoid the problem.  If I ever tried to save those items for my cheat day...well they wouldn't make it to cheat day.  Also why I don't keep any "cheat" items in my house.

Just will power buying them money sale or getting them for free saves me money so I can keep it around

jedsbud

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #371 on: March 01, 2017, 05:37:05 AM »
I am in.  Starting at 220.4 this morning.  I would like to be 195, dropping another pants size in the process.

216.8 this morning.  February was rough but still focused. 

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #372 on: March 01, 2017, 06:46:16 AM »
I am in.  Starting at 220.4 this morning.  I would like to be 195, dropping another pants size in the process.

216.8 this morning.  February was rough but still focused.

good work.  i would estimate 2 pants sizes going from 220 to 195. 

Nate R

• Bristles
« Reply #373 on: March 01, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »
Update
12/27: 198.4
1/3:   193.0
1/10: 190.6
1/17: 188.2
1/24: 188.4
1/31: 186.2
2/7:  184.4
2/14: 183.0
2/21: 182.4

2/28: 180.8

Down 8.9%. Inching closer to 10%. Maybe 2 more weeks if things go well?

moof

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #374 on: March 01, 2017, 04:14:17 PM »
Started at 217 first the the year, currently 210.  So 1/3 the way to 10%.

I cut out a lot of sugar over the last 6 months, kicking my Mountain Dew habit from 2 cans a day to an average of 0.5/week.  More recently I have cut back on snacks, seconds and thirds at dinner, and trying very hard to never feel "stuffed" after any meal.  I seem to have gone over the sugar crash induced snacking hump and don't get the munchies near as bad as I usually did even when I was just maintaining.  I've also swapping in a lot more fiber recently (brown rice and beans as a regular meal).  Slowly getting there...

Moustachienne

• Bristles
« Reply #375 on: March 03, 2017, 07:20:25 AM »
I usually weigh in and post on Sunday but am posting here on Friday for added motivation.  The weekend uptick is real and I want to avoid it if I can this week.

Sunday Feb 12 - 153.0
Friday Feb 17 - 152.4
Sunday Feb 19 - ?

I want to see a solid 152.0 but would accept a 152.5.  :)

Sunday Feb 19 - 151.6!

Trying my Friday motivation again.  Today, Friday Feb 24 I'm at 150.8.  Want to hold at least 151 on Sunday.

Well poop.  151.4.  Not terrible but not great since last Sunday was 151.6.   

I'm happy with my activity level and core diet but clearly need to keep trimming around the edges.  Portion control! 

Losing track of my progress so setting it out again here:

Jan 21 - 155.5
Jan 28 - 154.5
Feb 12 - 153
Feb 19 - 151.6
Feb 26 - 151.4

Have a healthy, happy week, everyone!

151 yesterday March 2 but...it was my birthday and we ate out. So 152.4 this morning for my Friday pre-check and I'm going out to dinner again on Saturday. (Friends taking me to a fancy restaurant.) I plan to enjoy myself but also to try hard not to write off the whole weekend with a "might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb" attitude.  :)

Cromacster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #376 on: March 03, 2017, 08:54:13 AM »

Weighed in this morning:

1/03/17 - 272
1/24/17 - 268

2/6/17 - 264

2/20/17 - 265

Took a few steps back.  Travelling for work last week wasn't good for me.  Lac of discipline along with being lazy about using hotel gyms and client dinners led to me weighing in at 272 when I returned from the trip.  Took a few days to come back down to 265.

Back on track and making progress moving forward.

3/3/17 - 261.8

Over 10 lbs in 2017 and about 20lbs total Since I started in November.

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #377 on: March 03, 2017, 08:56:20 AM »

Weighed in this morning:

1/03/17 - 272
1/24/17 - 268
2/6/17 - 264

2/20/17 - 265

Took a few steps back.  Travelling for work last week wasn't good for me.  Lac of discipline along with being lazy about using hotel gyms and client dinners led to me weighing in at 272 when I returned from the trip.  Took a few days to come back down to 265.

Back on track and making progress moving forward.

3/3/17 - 261.8

Over 10 lbs in 2017 and about 20lbs total Since I started in November.

Nice work brother.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #378 on: March 03, 2017, 10:10:44 AM »
was on the road all week for work but followed it pretty well.  had some qunioa and some cheese and some dried fruit in a couple salads at lunch i wasnt expecting but other than that stuck to it pretty well. oh and one bag of SW honey roasted peanuts on the plane.  still hoping i lost 2-3 lbs this week but the scale will tell all when i get home tonight and tomorrow morning.

rawr237

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2017, 11:47:12 AM »
Start weight: 151lb (Jan 3)
Goal weight: 135lb

March 3: 141.6lb

Over halfway there! But most of the loss was during the Whole30 (-8lb), in the month since then I'm trying to find balance and my progress has slowed (-1.4lb). But still, progress! I've attempted daily moderation and struggled with it, so right now I'm experimenting with a weekly cheat day.

Also, down to single digit pants sizes - very exciting to fit into my old jeans.

10dollarsatatime

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #380 on: March 04, 2017, 08:57:44 AM »
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 176
Goal: 145

I'll also start running again soon.  I ran 4 half marathons last year, but slacked on training for the last couple do to above work drama, which resulted in a hip injury.  I feel close to ready to start training again, and will try for at least 4 again this year, in addition to whatever 5k and 10k races I can get discounted entries to through work.

Down to 167, so I'm halfway to 10%!

Still doing whole30, but started AIP protocol this week.  Decided to break the scale ban so I could update my progress.

I started running again.  My hip is a little sore, so instead of a high intensity training program, I signed up to to the run/walk/run half using runkeeper.  I'm signed up to run my first half on June 10.  If it goes well, I'll up my training intensity.

ditkanate

• Stubble
    • ditka's dumb journal
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2017, 11:41:56 AM »
189.8 1/7/17
188.8 1/14/17
190.6 1/21/17
190.0 1/28/17
189.4 2/4/17
191.4 2/11/17
190.2 2/18/17
189.4 2/23/17 - today

Heading out to Florida today.  Next weigh in will be Sat 3/4.  Hoping not to gain between now and then, but I will be cheating quite a bit on the old vaca.

192.0 as of this morning.  Vacation was kind to the taste buds, not to the waistline.  But, now that vaca is over I don't have anything really going on until a long family vaca on the coast of Cali in June.  So my goal is to be down to 180 before then (6/12/17)

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2017, 11:54:21 AM »
I would like to join this challenge for the 10 months that are left in 2017.  My plan is to replace my daily sugar snack with a fruit/vegetable and to up my cardio to 3x a week plus Barre class. I'm starting at 145lbs.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2017, 01:32:33 PM »
I would like to join this challenge for the 10 months that are left in 2017.  My plan is to replace my daily sugar snack with a fruit/vegetable and to up my cardio to 3x a week plus Barre class. I'm starting at 145lbs.

Fruit is a sugar snack

John Doe

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #384 on: March 05, 2017, 04:40:03 AM »
Down 4 this week to 266. Lost 28 in total so need 2 more for 10% total at which point I will sign up to do another 10%. Really would like to be down another 8 in the next 5 weeks before a vacation to Paris.

RysChristensen

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #385 on: March 05, 2017, 07:31:38 AM »
Ok, I'm jumping in too!
Starting weight: 291.2 lbs  (at 5'8". It puts the UGH in the ugly that things have gotten)
Total eventual goal: 145 lbs (50% loss)
10% goal: 262 lbs (-29 lbs)

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2017, 09:28:04 AM »
191  December 24
188  January 01
185  January 08
185  January 15
184  January 22
184  January 29
181  February 05
181  February 12
182  February 19
179  February 26

179  March 05

Zero lost this week. 12 pounds lost so far. 6.28% lost of my starting body weight.

I did another 36 hour water only fast Friday night to Sunday morning. This week it doesn't seemed to have helped my weight. I see that many others here are stuck at their recent weights, so maybe it is a physiological thing at this point in the weight loss process.

FIRE me

• Handlebar Stache
  • So much technology, so little talent.
« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2017, 09:35:45 AM »

“Better Late” than never.   :-)

Moustachienne

• Bristles
« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2017, 11:27:24 AM »
I usually weigh in and post on Sunday but am posting here on Friday for added motivation.  The weekend uptick is real and I want to avoid it if I can this week.

Sunday Feb 12 - 153.0
Friday Feb 17 - 152.4
Sunday Feb 19 - ?

I want to see a solid 152.0 but would accept a 152.5.  :)

Sunday Feb 19 - 151.6!

Trying my Friday motivation again.  Today, Friday Feb 24 I'm at 150.8.  Want to hold at least 151 on Sunday.

Well poop.  151.4.  Not terrible but not great since last Sunday was 151.6.   

I'm happy with my activity level and core diet but clearly need to keep trimming around the edges.  Portion control! 

Losing track of my progress so setting it out again here:

Jan 21 - 155.5
Jan 28 - 154.5
Feb 12 - 153
Feb 19 - 151.6
Feb 26 - 151.4

Have a healthy, happy week, everyone!

151 yesterday March 2 but...it was my birthday and we ate out. So 152.4 this morning for my Friday pre-check and I'm going out to dinner again on Saturday. (Friends taking me to a fancy restaurant.) I plan to enjoy myself but also to try hard not to write off the whole weekend with a "might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb" attitude.  :)

Jan 21 - 155.5
Jan 28 - 154.5
Feb 12 - 153
Feb 19 - 151.6
Feb 26 - 151.4
March 5- 152.8

Okay - birthday "season" now over; easy holiday weight already lost.  The goal is 145 by the end of April through a slow and steady "don't freak out the metabolism" approach.  Decent start but I need to be more consistent.  This week - more vegetables!

icegirl

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2017, 11:12:36 AM »
I have been wanting to kick up my motivation to eat better and exercise in 2017, and I think I will try this challenge.

Currently hovering around 140 and want to get down to 125.

Goals:

1. No chocolate or ice cream except on the weekend (can be swapped for other days when out with friends).
2. Only one serving at dinner.
3. Cut my serving size at lunch by aprox. 30% and eat one fruit in the afternoon.
4. Run or bike 2x a week for 25/45 minutes (run/bike). This can be swapped for other cardio, but I have to break a sweat.
5. Lift 1-2x a week.

Hope I can lose 1-2 pound a week.

Deadline: April 2017

Ok so I've already lost 10 pounds, but I have not followed any of my own rules...which is kind of bad. What I have been doing is cutting breakfast to save the calories there, and just eating normally for the rest of the day (including sweets...). I have not exercised either, because I'm lazy and I got an on the side job (bad excuse).

So in 1-2 months I need to lose 5 pounds. I think I will try to live up to points 4-5 on my list, exercising 3-4 times a week.

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #390 on: March 06, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »
Date                  Weight
1/9/2017           340
1/30/2017   328
2/6/2017           317
2/13/2017   308
2/20/2017   305
2/27/2017   301.8
3/6/2017           306

I was just under 300, then this weekend was our 1 year anniversary. Lamb, wine, bread, cake, and enormous amounts of cheese were consumed. I expect to be under 300 again within a few days, but I'll log the uptick just so I stay accountable.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #391 on: March 06, 2017, 12:12:52 PM »
held flat at 196 as of saturday with some very minor cheating during the week..  hoping this week is better.

This is why i never understand people who follow the "make better decisions" plan who also have cheat days.  what are you cheating from. 

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #392 on: March 06, 2017, 04:33:46 PM »

“Better Late” than never.   :-)

ha! :)  yup. That's me

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #393 on: March 07, 2017, 08:17:55 AM »
3/07: 178.9, 30.7 BF%

Ugh.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2017, 08:58:30 AM »

Ugh.

dont want to discourage you but all of those BF readings are essentially the same reading and can just be swayed by water content if you're using bioelectic impedence. 

Have you tried 4 hour body yet?  go on it 3 weeks cold turkey and i think you'll be impressed.

Landlady

• Stubble
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »
Natural waist measurements:
2/8 - 30"
2/10 - 29"
2/12 - 29"
2/14 - 28.5" (5%)
10% Goal - 27"

My hip measurement isn't budging. I don't think the waist drop is water weight since I did Whole 30 in Jan and keto for 8 days now. But maybe keto is a different beast when it comes to water weight.

Waist:
2/16 - 28.75"
2/22 - 28.25" (6% drop)

My hip measurement has started to budge now.

Hip measurements:
2/8 - 39"
2/16 - 38"
2/22 - 37.75" (4% drop)
Goal - 35"

I hit my waist line goal of 10% loss in inches. I still have halfway to go on my hips. This feels like a victory I can run with.

Hip measurements:
2/24 - 37.5"
3/5 - 37.25"
3/7 - 37"
Goal - 35"
It looks like if I continue this trajectory I'll hit my goal in mid April.

Waist measurements:
2/24 - 27.75"
3/5 - 27.25"
3/7 - 27" 10% GOAL MET

I'm still doing keto diet and HIIT workouts for 30 mins 3+ times a week before breakfast. Keto has been amazing. Here's a recipe I love for breakfast.
Cream cheese pancakes:
2 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
2 tsp coconut flour
1 dash salt and a splash of vanilla

Blend with an immersion blender or regular blender then cook up just like pancakes.

I like recipes like this because my family who doesn't eat keto also likes them.

Best of luck to everyone this week. Stay strong on your path.

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »

Ugh.

dont want to discourage you but all of those BF readings are essentially the same reading and can just be swayed by water content if you're using bioelectic impedence. 

Have you tried 4 hour body yet?  go on it 3 weeks cold turkey and i think you'll be impressed.
I don't know what bioelectric impedence is I just record the number my scale tells me.  I know it doesn't work if I have socks on, gotta be barefooted.
No I haven't started 4-Hour body yet. I was avoiding it I guess not really ready to commit. I'll go dig it out of my email and start reading.  Thanks :)  I might be bugging you soon for more of your substitute recipes.

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #397 on: March 07, 2017, 11:25:19 AM »

Ugh.

I don't know what bioelectric impedence is I just record the number my scale tells me.  I know it doesn't work if I have socks on, gotta be barefooted.
No I haven't started 4-Hour body yet. I was avoiding it I guess not really ready to commit. I'll go dig it out of my email and start reading.  Thanks :)  I might be bugging you soon for more of your substitute recipes.

thats bio electric impedence.

Jesstache

• Stubble
« Reply #398 on: March 07, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »
Ive been secretly following along but since I started right after thanksgiving 2016, it felt like cheating a little to have a month head start.  I do want to celebrate getting 10% weight loss as of today, though!  This is how it went:

11/28: 165.8
12/1:   161.4
12/8:   157.8
12/15: 156.7
Christmas/New Years!
1/10: 158.7
1/18: 156.6
1/25: 156.2
2/4:   153.7
2/10: 153.0
2/16: 152.0
2/22: 150.9
3/2: 150.2
3/7: 149.0

I'm 5'7", 33 yo and my initial goal is to be 145 lbs by my daughter's birthday mid April.  I'm well on my way to meeting that goal (yay!). My second goal is 140 lbs and then I will reassess how I feel.  I've mostly just been tracking my eating in my fitness pal with a goal of 1200 calories per day.  I've pretty much got a pattern of eating established that makes me satisfied and keeps the weight coming off.  As far as exercise goes, I play indoor soccer once a week and downhill or XC ski once a week.    I'm a SAHM so I'm pretty busy on my feet most days.  I generally get at least 9k steps on my Fitbit but don't put much effort into it.  I expect that to increase once the weather improves as we walk bike to the park a lot.  I generally  eat more liberally on ski days as I know lots of calories are being burned but I'm good at not going totally crazy.  I don't keep track in MFP those days. 

Great job everyone!  Can't wait to update further and try that black bean chip recipe! 

boarder42

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2017, 05:23:19 PM »
New four hour body recipe. I just used black bean flour to thicken the juices left over after doing an instant pot Chuck roast. You can't tell the difference. And more filling