Author Topic: Facing a daily fear  (Read 2163 times)

RunningintoFI

• Stubble
  • Paid to optimize. Love not to.
Facing a daily fear
« on: July 24, 2016, 12:33:52 AM »
Hey MMers, this is my first time really posting anything as I never wanted to feel foolish posting something silly - although knowing full well that this is a fairly safe and anonymous space.  However, in an effort to hold true to what the subject heading of this post entails, I figured I should deal with a minor bit of anxiety and try to make my life better by seeing how irrelevant my fears are in the grand scheme of things.

So in an effort to hold myself to public accountability, my goals for 2016 are to create an online class (facing a fear of recording myself and putting it out there), break 16 minutes in a 5K, and re-learning Spanish.  I know those are goals that won't be accomplished in a day but I cannot accomplish them if I do not face those fears every morning when that little voice of doubt creeps in.  Thanks for helping hold me accountable!

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Re: Facing a daily fear
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 03:12:47 AM »
16 minutes for a 5k is a very very tough one!

But I'm taking as someone who goes around in just under 25 so maybe it's not so hard for you :D

Victor

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 07:18:45 AM »
yea my last 5k time was just over 26 minutes. Consider for the Marines 18 minutes is a perfect score for males, 16 minutes... might make your heart pop.

RunningintoFI

• Stubble
  • Paid to optimize. Love not to.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 04:55:29 PM »
yea my last 5k time was just over 26 minutes. Consider for the Marines 18 minutes is a perfect score for males, 16 minutes... might make your heart pop.

18 minutes is considered a perfect score?? Interesting.  I'm surprised it's not a bit faster given what the world record 5K time is.

As for my heart, I was a 16:40 5K runner a few years ago so I'm hoping my heart won't explode from 12 seconds per mile faster! :)

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 08:52:47 AM »
Good luck on all your goals! And I hope your heart doesn't pop.

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 09:07:11 AM »
Hey MMers, this is my first time really posting anything as I never wanted to feel foolish posting something silly - although knowing full well that this is a fairly safe and anonymous space. 

Welcome to the forums! Please don't worry about feeling foolish this is a super supportive community with a great group of people who have a wide variety of knowledge and experiences available. I'm biased, but I think we are one of the nicer and more helpful places on the interwebs.

You have some great goals! Interested in following your progress. Putting myself out  there is definitely a fear for this introvert, but I'm in the process of building a business that will require me to be "on" instead of behind the scenes - so every day that I have the opportunity to stretch or step outside of my comfort zone, especially with social interactions, I take it!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!