Author Topic: Anyone for a New Year's Whole30 (or other diet gauntlet)?  (Read 12690 times)

jordanread

Re: Anyone for a New Year's Whole30 (or other diet gauntlet)?
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
Wait, Bluetooth on a pot?!  What does it do?  Do you need that to program the scripts?

The Bluetooth version is awesome.  The theory is that there's only so much information you can put on the keypad of the appliance, so having the app allows you to program in more options.  And you can watch the pot heat up, etc on the app (not remotely, though, unfortunately). 

You need the Bluetooth option to program the scripts, but you can program in certain functions into the non-Bluetooth Instant Pot (I think)- just not as many as you could on the app.  I think the bonus to the Bluetooth version is that it also works in a limited fashion as a sous vide as well- which is another yummy way of cooking. :)

You can script this thing? Okay, I'm looking into it, now. Probably won't buy it, but I'm now curious.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »
Just a bump to check in with everyone.

Five more days for me.  I got a chest cold, but I'm moving through the progression of symptoms at about twice the usual rate.  No way to know if this is attributable to the no crap diet or not.  OTOH, my husband is only abstaining from chips and beer during this time period, and he hasn't gotten sick (yet).  Hoping to still run my 12K on Saturday.

garth

• Stubble
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 08:39:55 AM »
Eleven days left here. I've felt totally normal through the whole thing, with some mild beer and pizza cravings. I've lost about 5 pounds.  I think our grocery bill is going to top $750...but food spending should actually be lower than our average.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 07:21:57 AM »
Last day today!  I went a little soft while I was sick - had some rice in my dish at Chipotle, sugary cough drops, and a Powerade Zero.  Nothing crazy. 

As of this morning, I'm down 4.6 pounds, which I'm happy with.  Pants are definitely looser and the little bit of muffin top that was trying to make a comeback has shrunk, and I'm overall thinner around the middle.  I am disappointed that I never got any major energy surges, but I'm feeling pretty mentally clear (when not sick), and have steady energy, but haven't gone into any madly productive phases or anything.

Not craving anything, and the official end of Whole30 doesn't signify any opportunity for crazy eating binges for me.  So far I'm thinking I'll add back in limited dairy (mainly plain yogurt and whey protein for a little more breakfast variety), rice, lentils, and limited alcohol.  The biggest wins will be staying away from the office treats and drinking less on week nights.  I might jump in and do another one, a little less strict, starting in mid-February.

FOBStash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2015, 11:10:28 AM »
Did it for 30 days and lost 5 lbs! It was great to be conscious just how much sugar i was eating and also know i can say no to sugar!!!

Philociraptor

• Handlebar Stache
  • Eat. Sleep. Invest. Repeat.
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
6 lbs lost with a visible difference in how my mid-section looked in the mirror. Wife was happy. After a Super Bowl weekend full of fatness we're doing our modified version going forward, adding in beans and rice on occasion (need more carbs for crossfit), wine and liquor on weekends, still no sugars or grains though.