Author Topic: February Cycling Challenge 2015  (Read 27206 times)

mskyle

• Pencil Stache
Re: February Cycling Challenge 2015
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2015, 07:21:33 AM »
Managed to squeeze in one full week of bicycle commuting in February - my numbers for the month are disappointing for sure, but it's great to be back on the bike again.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2015, 08:53:27 PM »
A poor month for me...just got busy and I walk to work so I don't bike regularly. Next month though!

PindyStache

• Stubble
« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2015, 09:35:26 PM »
You have one day left!

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #103 on: February 28, 2015, 07:24:28 AM »
My month was pathetic miles-wise. Any tips for motivating yourself to bike in the cold and dark when you don't have anywhere to go? I'm not finding it terribly fun this year and so my main exercise has just been my indoor lifting.

I usually only need to leave the house at most twice a week.

jordanread

« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2015, 11:22:55 AM »
My month was pathetic miles-wise. Any tips for motivating yourself to bike in the cold and dark when you don't have anywhere to go? I'm not finding it terribly fun this year and so my main exercise has just been my indoor lifting.

I usually only need to leave the house at most twice a week.

I'm running into the same issue here. Earlier this month, I had to go to Denver, so no miles there. Once I turned in my notice, I'm remote only and have nowhere to go. I'm thinking a few times a week of coordinating with mtbiker (I haven't told him yet) and join him on his commute in the morning, before I have to turn around and go back home to start my work.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2015, 01:12:57 PM »
You have one day left!
I wasn't planning on biking today because I haven't driven my car in a month and allegedly it is bad to let a car so idle like that for so long. I have some errands to run today, so I tried to start my car but couldn't. Not sure if it's actually because I haven't started it in a month but it seems like a possibility - battery self discharge is a thing.
So I'm currently in the middle of my errand run on my bike at the moment.

Thegoblinchief

« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:10 PM »
You have one day left!
I wasn't planning on biking today because I haven't driven my car in a month and allegedly it is bad to let a car so idle like that for so long. I have some errands to run today, so I tried to start my car but couldn't. Not sure if it's actually because I haven't started it in a month but it seems like a possibility - battery self discharge is a thing.

Yeah, get a trickle charger.

johnny847

• Magnum Stache
    • My Blog
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2015, 04:36:42 PM »
You have one day left!

Yeah, get a trickle charger.
I had actually never heard of those. Thanks!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2015, 11:27:08 PM »
Got a wonderful ride in today.  Had a head wind or a crosswind for most of it, but got my fastest average yet.  Lot's of cyclist out today.  Sadly no way I could squeeze in enough miles today to beat last months mileage, but being the shortest month I'm still happy with it.  Got a riding jersey and bib shorts this week and they worked great on my ride.

Hope to get a jump start tomorrow morning for March's Challenge.

jordanread

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2015, 12:51:28 PM »
The March Cycling challenge is up!!!

Stop on by, and keep being awesome.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!