Author Topic: How low can you go? Kilowatts contest  (Read 2195 times)

jim555

• Magnum Stache
How low can you go? Kilowatts contest
« on: May 14, 2018, 06:31:58 AM »
Just got my bill.  323 KWH for 57 days = 5.667 KWH per day.

Yasha

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: How low can you go? Kilowatts contest
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:47:59 AM »
Ooooh, nice! My husband and I use on average 9.9 kWh per day... more than the ‘average single’  person household example on the bill, but less than the average 2people... I’d like to get us down to two people living on the ‘average’ consumption of one person, that tickles my fancy. I don’t know what these ‘average’ people are doing with their power because we aren’t exactly mega frugal with our power (still working on the hubby not leaving every light on, still got a lot to learn myself), we use the dishwasher and the drier sometimes and have a reasonably large TV... aircon/heating is the only thing I can think of that might be impacting others bills and not ours...

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:18:51 AM »
4.5kWh/day in our most recent bill for a two person household here. It might go up a bit as my partner just got a big TV. I think we can generally expect around 5kWh/day average. If he works from home it could be a lot more - his workstation can use quite a bit of energy - but at the moment he's working at an external office.

Imma

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 07:22:37 AM »
We get billed yearly and will get our bill for this period in July. The past two years we've averaged at around 4 Kwh per day (two adults). I have no idea what the next bill is going to be like: we've replaced our old fridge/freezer combination with a seperate fridge and freezer. The freezer is much newer than the old set, but the fridge is older. We have also installed a ventilation system in our bathroom, that has no windows, which was absolutely necessary because of mold.

We heat on natural gas and we don't need to cool our house as we live in a cool house in a moderate climate.

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 07:55:00 AM »
4.5kWh/day in our most recent bill for a two person household here. It might go up a bit as my partner just got a big TV.

Hmm, got another bill and it's actually gone down to 4.01kWh/day on average. Pleasantly surprised.

Much Fishing to Do

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 08:27:09 AM »
Hmm, I'll take a look but ours should be great for this month but what goes into heating Dec -Apr (mainly Jan-Mar) makes it explode

pecunia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 09:18:12 PM »
Bill states 4, but division of kwH used over 30 days gives 4.2 kWh / day.  I guess running the air conditioner for several hours on a humid day raised the usage.  I have gas hot water.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!