Author Topic: Homemade Christmas 2016  (Read 39261 times)

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Homemade Christmas 2016
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2017, 06:46:27 PM »
My stained glass seemed to be a hit.  I made ornaments as gift tags, and everyone recognized what/who they were, so I'll count that as a win.  : D  Also did some larger panels for my Mom and son and DIL, and those went over well too (even though I made mistakes - I'm still a novice).  I already have requests for next year's ornaments, and my Mom wants some of the garden stakes I made my best friend.

I also made banana bread for almost everyone I know.  That always goes over well - I am the only one in our group that makes it.

sparkytheop

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2017, 10:44:04 PM »
My son has been wearing his pj pants, bathrobe, and using his quilt while he's been off school (for a couple extra weeks because of weather).  So, those were all a win :)

And, not me, but everyone who received a pair of my mom's hand knit socks absolutely loved them (I was given another three pairs for part of my present).  They are the best.

FrugalFan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2017, 11:21:53 AM »
Great job everyone! I especially liked seeing the photos, very inspiring! I've joined the 2017 thread in the hopes of doing better next year.

Kitsune those hairbands are a great idea! My 4 year old daughter wears hairbands 90% of the time. Does that style stay on the head pretty well? I have so many pieces of cute fabric remnants that would work well for this.

Kitsune

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2017, 12:11:17 PM »
Great job everyone! I especially liked seeing the photos, very inspiring! I've joined the 2017 thread in the hopes of doing better next year.

Kitsune those hairbands are a great idea! My 4 year old daughter wears hairbands 90% of the time. Does that style stay on the head pretty well? I have so many pieces of cute fabric remnants that would work well for this.

They stay on as long as the toddler doesn't tug them off. ;)

They're super easy to make  - scrap fabric and scrap elastic, basically, but they look adorable. Caveat that they wouldn't work on me and my super-thick hair, but they are adorable on my daughter's silky fly-away hair (she takes after her dad).