Author Topic: Homemade Christmas 2015 Edition!!  (Read 28419 times)

norabird

• Walrus Stache
Re: Homemade Christmas 2015 Edition!!
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2015, 03:21:45 PM »
Homemade crackers! Hm! My family usually buys them, but this is an interesting idea. Maybe if I ever host I'll do this!

RunHappy

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2015, 05:12:20 AM »
Because some of my friends families have grown, I'm making a couple of family gifts this year.  The theme of the box is "Family Snow Day".  It will have a jar of hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, a sugar cookie kit with frosting and a cookie cutter.  The box will also include a family movie, a game (Uno), and a box of indoor snowballs for an indoor snowball fight.

Finding a movie that the families didn't have was tough so I went back to my childhood and got Goonies ($4)

So far the cost of each box is about $20.   

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2015, 05:15:00 AM »
I bought laser cut wooden ornaments. BIL then stated he has access to someone who can do those for us if we provide a design! Sis and I are going to design something and see how it turns out, so we might give our own designs next year!

swick

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2015, 08:07:58 AM »
Because some of my friends families have grown, I'm making a couple of family gifts this year.  The theme of the box is "Family Snow Day".  It will have a jar of hot chocolate mix, marshmallows, a sugar cookie kit with frosting and a cookie cutter.  The box will also include a family movie, a game (Uno), and a box of indoor snowballs for an indoor snowball fight.

Finding a movie that the families didn't have was tough so I went back to my childhood and got Goonies ($4)

So far the cost of each box is about $20.

This is awesome! And Goonies is one of my favorite movies ever!  I would warn the parents about the belnder scene if they have young kids, I still kinda squee every time I have to clean my blender blades :)

Ohh anatidaev - I Love that idea!

partgypsy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2015, 09:24:03 AM »
Well I'm going to give it a go. I'm making this primarily for a charity fundraiser, but I am sure I will have enough supplies left over to give as gifts. Bath soak which will be half Epson salts, 1/2 sea salt (pink salt), with a small amount of baking soda and lavender essential oil added. I am going to also make some smaller amount of salt scrub which will be the same salts but with a nice oil added to it. There are so many different kinds of oils out there that are good for skin everything from almond to grapeseed to chia seed. I will go to wholefoods and pick something out.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »
I need someone to explain to me WHY every year, right around Thanksgiving, I get this urge to make things for Christmas gifts.  I love to crochet, sew, knit a little, etc.

But why not the rest of the year???  So I get this urge, and I get started, but of course, only have time for 1 or 2 things.