Author Topic: Healthy 2014  (Read 17363 times)

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
Re: Healthy 2014
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2014, 04:17:37 PM »
On Saturday I ran 5k outside and that seems to have put more pressure on my left foot than I had on the treadmill.  After that run I was popping anti-inflammatories and using heat packs in my socks while taking every opportunity I had to do heel lifts or massage my leg.  Because of that I took Monday and Tuesday off running.  Finally got back into running last night, but my left leg went from feeling great to slightly discomfortable during the run.  It's definitely better than it was this weekend, not feeling incapacitated or unable to walk without pain, but I do feel a slight bit of discomfort.

Pushups and situps are going well, although sometimes I'm not as motivated to do them, but I keep telling myself I can't quit.

Weight so far, I weighed in today at 97.7kg, down 2.3kg this year, you can view my results using the link in my signature.  This week has been an off week, lack of sleep has been horrible.  I think for March I may make that my fitness goal, to get 8 hours of sleep every night.

wintersun

• Bristles
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 02:25:35 PM »
Definite fail on going off wheat.  Never mind, I will definitely get there.
Started walking the dog and that feels great.
I still have not gotten on my bike, not sure why.  Daylight savings is messing with my head right now.
I committed to weighing on the solstice and equinoxes and so will go in to weigh at the doctor's office on the 21st of this month, I hope I have held steady or lost a pound.

This time of year has usually been a time when it has been hard to hold to commitments so I feel I am doing quite well compared to the past.  How is everyone else doing?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:46:16 PM by wintersun »

Hedge_87

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 05:33:51 PM »
So we did horrible this last week. At horrible didn't do any workouts and drank quite a few beers. We also moved though lol that has to count for something. Hopefully we will be back on track this week!

ichangedmyname

• Bristles
    • Luxe Frugality
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2014, 10:55:34 AM »
Jumping back on the Atkins wagon because the other things I was doing wasn't working as much. I lost the diet bet round 1 because I cheated with Taco Bell (ugh. I hate Taco Bell). Since going low carb (for realz) I am down 4.2 lbs. It's just water weight at this point but I'll take it. Also doing support at work which has me walking around and standing for 8 hours.

TKE Super Dave

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2014, 01:43:11 PM »
For me it's been going good. I'm down about 10lbs from my last posting in this thread as it turns out a lot of the weight I gained previously was water weight, overall I'm 6lbs down from where I started.  Working out has been erratic at best but I'm doing something every other day. I've been trying to get in a routine but small injuries while running and/or weather have been my biggest obstacles. I moved the exercise machine my friends gave me from my guest bedroom to my main bedroom so I have to stare at it each morning and night and it's worked as I have started using it.

Diet has been awesome lately. Part of that is I had an expensive car repair past week and so to replace the money I had in my emergency fund I've mentally made myself think of my eating out budget as my replace emergency fund budget and it's been working.

RNwastash

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »
I'm in!! I belong to a virtual bootcamp called www.noexcusesworkouts.com.  I haven't really been participating for a while.  Just got lazy.  I'm hoping that starting with this forum, I'll become more accountable and motivated. 

ichangedmyname

• Bristles
    • Luxe Frugality
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2014, 08:55:00 PM »
I'm in!! I belong to a virtual bootcamp called www.noexcusesworkouts.com.  I haven't really been participating for a while.  Just got lazy.  I'm hoping that starting with this forum, I'll become more accountable and motivated.

Is that free?

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2014, 05:50:39 PM »
Not sure why the last few days my weight shot way up.  Hoping that it starts coming back down again, I was doing good for a while with a daily average deficit of 600 Calories which would net me about a pound a week.

For exercise I've been doing absolutely horrible, tried doing pushups again last night and I'll have to drop back another week on my schedule with those.  I'm thinking of just changing to something slightly less rigorous so I don't feel this horrible dread each night after work when I do my exercise.  Situps are no problem, but pushups, I just don't feel like the effort.

I need to also get back out and run, can't keep making excuses to not run anymore.  I ran a 5k this Sunday and got 3885th out of 12k runners.  I noticed that if I had just done 4 minutes better, which is insanely easy to do I think, then I would have been in the top 1000.  My goal is to start back up on my running training program and keep at it, two and a half months until the next 5k run and I hope to do even better.

ichangedmyname

• Bristles
    • Luxe Frugality
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2014, 08:32:45 AM »
I am down 10.8 lbs since joining dietbet. :D Looking forward to winning some money for winning the round 17 days ahead. :D

wealthviahealth

• Stubble
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2014, 03:03:58 PM »
The single most helpful tip I have for sticking with a health plan or " getting back in shape" is to journal every single day, often several times a day.
I find that doing so promotes mindfulness and cuts back on impulsive food choices or poor excuses for not working out.
I start by writing that mornings weights, how I looked/ felt and how I did the day before.
I then write out my goals for the day that will keep me on track and a plan for how to be better than the day before.

FrenchyMustache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • Frenchie Geek
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2014, 05:15:59 AM »
Bonjour,
I'm totally in.
In fact i already started in december 2013. I was around 150 kilos, (1kilos : 2,2 pounds for our imperialists folks) in April, due to heavy and healthy change in diet only i am now around 125 Kilos. Thats about 5 Kilos a month, and i'm planning to go even further, with a goal of having less than 90Kilos by the end 2014 at less.

jordanread

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2014, 02:00:41 PM »
I'm in, as well. Down to around 170-1980 currently. Went Primal December of 2012, and weighed around 215 then. No loss of energy or anything. Now I'm working on functional strength via body-weight training (Convict Conditioning, Pavel's Naked Warrior, etc), and body fat percentage.

Gen Y Finance Journey

• Stubble
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2014, 04:14:39 PM »
I'm in too.

I don't have a lot of weight to lose, 10-15 pounds would be great, but I mostly want to focus on being healthier and stronger. I find that I'm often very tired, and I'd like to hone in on a diet that keeps me energized. Working out is hard enough already, it's even harder when my muscles feel exhausted and weak.

I'm going to start keeping a food diary where I also include how I feel during workouts and how much sleep I got the previous night. I know that some days I feel strong and capable, while other days I'm so fatigued that the mere thought of working out makes me want to give up, but I have no idea what is causing the difference in energy. I feel that I already do a decent job of eating well and I get a fair amount of sleep, so hopefully keeping a diary will help me figure out what's causing the fatigue. I figure I'm either not being as healthy as I think I am, or I'm intolerant to something I'm eating.

I'm going to keep track of:

hours slept
energy upon waking up
food consumed during the day
amount of liquid consumed during the day
workout description
energy level during workout

Are there any other things that would be useful to track?