Author Topic: Happiness challenge  (Read 38528 times)

dougules

• Magnum Stache
Re: Happiness challenge
« Reply #850 on: September 13, 2021, 10:05:17 AM »
Found some expired yogurt in the fridge. Used it as an excuse to treat myself with homemade pancakes. They turned out alright and cooking was fun.

From what I've seen, yogurt is generally good for as long as it's not moldy.  It's already spoiled, right?

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #851 on: September 13, 2021, 10:35:30 AM »
Oohh...cinnamon buns! I need to make cinnamon buns tomorrow morning. We are currently on a stay-at-home order since typhoon is scheduled to land sometime tonight/tomorrow morning. Itís overcast, the wind is whipping around outside, and itís rainy. Perfect weather for cinnamon buns! Thanks for the inspiration!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed mine, stay safe :)

@nessness --glad you are soon heading into a more peaceful place with your family!

Today's happiness is a day off with no plans but perhaps some music, coffee, art-ing & potentially jumping into a lake even though it's cloudy

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #852 on: September 13, 2021, 07:03:15 PM »
After-work mountain biking. Saw some deer.

Freedomin5

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #853 on: September 14, 2021, 02:19:16 AM »
Cinnamon buns turned out beautifully. Didnít have brown sugar so I used honey instead. They were sticky and delicious!

MarcherLady

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #854 on: September 14, 2021, 02:41:39 AM »
Cinnamon buns turned out beautifully. Didnít have brown sugar so I used honey instead. They were sticky and delicious!

Yum, that sounds delicious!

oneday

• Magnum Stache
  • Knit, bike, breathe. Repeat. - 94
« Reply #855 on: September 14, 2021, 07:49:18 PM »
Added kidney beans to my chili this time (just haven't happened to have them on hand recently), and it just tastes so much more *right* than black beans. A very pleasant lunch :)

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #856 on: September 14, 2021, 08:27:41 PM »
Was feeling a little overwhelmed by my sewing project and thought "what is the very smallest thing I could do that would feel like progress?" Once I finished ironing the side seams, it was easy to move on to stitching down facing and start on the pockets. No more zero!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #857 on: September 15, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »
Even though vaccine passports are controversial, the benefits are real-- my SO finally felt comfortable going into a movie theatre. It was cheap night so we enjoyed popcorn & watched a ridiculous film (Free Guy) on the big screen for the first time in eons. There weren't that many people in the theatre either.

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #858 on: September 15, 2021, 07:36:08 PM »
Morning dip in the ocean with a dear friend, sunny day to hang washing put on the line, and a koala visiting in the backyard trees.

never give up

• Walrus Stache
  • Kindness is free to give and priceless to receive
« Reply #859 on: September 16, 2021, 07:23:27 AM »
Opening the kitchen cupboard with low expectations but quickly establishing there was one of my favourite chocolate bars left after all. Mmmm delicious!

oneday

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #860 on: September 16, 2021, 10:33:51 PM »
@Serendip that was a fun movie! I happen to live near a drive-in theater and so saw it there. A safe-feeling alternative.

Today's happiness was completing 3' of scarf...I've been working on it for a week or so. But this milestone means I allowed myself to buy more yarn, so I've got a fun surprise coming in the mail in another week or so! Motivation to finish this scarf, too.

nessness

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #861 on: September 16, 2021, 10:35:23 PM »
Morning dip in the ocean with a dear friend, sunny day to hang washing put on the line, and a koala visiting in the backyard trees.
This post is making me want to move to Australia! Sounds lovely!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #862 on: September 17, 2021, 01:40:00 AM »
@lazycow's day sounds ideal.

Today's happiness is the return of click and collect to the libraries!

MarcherLady

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #863 on: September 17, 2021, 03:28:07 AM »
Thinks are a bit bleak in my head today - I think I need a break from the news for a while - but reading everyone's happiness updates has helped, so thank you all.

Freedomin5

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #864 on: September 17, 2021, 03:31:35 AM »
Glorious day today weather-wise ó 25C and sunny with just a bit of a breeze. I got my 10k steps in while DD played at the playground with several of her neighborhood friends.

Beardog

• Stubble
« Reply #865 on: September 17, 2021, 04:42:27 AM »
Visited an old friend and her husband in another city.  We all went on a walk sponsored by a local museum focusing on a prominent local architect.  She gifted me with five moon cakes, warm from the oven, to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #866 on: September 17, 2021, 09:04:44 AM »
Finally accomplished an alpine hike that has been on my 'hiking wish-list' for years. It was a cold, clear, brilliant day and my friend & I were in great spirits.

In contrast today it is absolutely pouring rain, so I feel like we snuck that in on one of the last perfect hiking days before snow arrives in the mountains (there was a dusting which created a sparkling effect all morning)

nessness

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #867 on: September 17, 2021, 10:15:16 AM »
A rather silly happiness today:

I used to love Green Giant corn tots, but they were discontinued. I cleaned out the garage freezer last night in preparation to recycle it, and found a bag of them that I didn't know we had. I was worried they'd be freezer burned, but I just made some, and they're just as delicious as ever!

Taran Wanderer

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #868 on: September 17, 2021, 07:54:24 PM »
I took a nap to wrap up a busy week, and I woke up to my kids asking Alexa to play various rock songs from my college days. My kids have an eclectic taste in music and I love it.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #869 on: September 17, 2021, 08:20:49 PM »
Went for a long walk with a friend this morning. It was just what I needed.

oneday

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #870 on: September 17, 2021, 09:55:25 PM »
Walked to the grocery store with BF. He initially had asked, "who will drive?" But I said I'd prefer to walk, and he said he'd actually prefer that too. I love that we support each other in being slightly more active & slightly less damaging to the environment!

Freedomin5

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #871 on: September 18, 2021, 03:24:34 AM »
5 AM bike ride this morning ó it was so quiet and peaceful, even though I was riding in a city with a population of 30 million. Once DD and DH woke up, we went on a family bike ride by the river.

oneday

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #872 on: September 18, 2021, 03:58:23 PM »
Sister called unexpectedly and we had a nice chat

MaybeBabyMustache

• Magnum Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #873 on: September 18, 2021, 04:16:23 PM »
Making dinner, with a lot of ingredients from the garden. A chimichurri sauce (parsley, oregano, cilantro, jalapenos) & a caprese salad (tomatoes, basil).

My 14 y.o's son's first "job" (ref'ing a soccer game). It was very cool to see him out on his own, excited to earn some money.

nessness

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #874 on: September 18, 2021, 08:47:38 PM »
I made some vegan soup with miscellaneous ingredients I had on hand - a small butternut squash, some leftover canned pumpkin, frozen corn, a carrot, an onion, cashew milk, and seasonings - which turned out way better than I expected.

MarcherLady

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #875 on: Today at 03:05:37 AM »
Hubs is away visiting his parents, I am having a lovely, lazy weekend. Knitting, reading, catching up on some TV. I slept in til 9 two days running and it was glorious!