Author Topic: Good MMM Apps  (Read 1945 times)

deborah

• Senior Mustachian
Good MMM Apps
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:01:15 PM »
What Apps do you use that are good for MMM stuff?

I have been trying to find a decent thermal imaging app so that I can use my iPad to look at my house and see where it is leaking heat.

But there are lots of other apps that would help your MMM journey...

What are they?

Vindicated

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Good MMM Apps
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:09:35 AM »
I downloaded the Pretirement app, which was mentioned in this article.

https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/share-your-badassity/'pretirement'-app-instantly-converts-spending-to-fi-date-delta/

It lets you input your Assets, Annual Contributions, Annual Spending During Retirement, % for ROI & inflation, and your % safe withdrawal rate.  Then it tells you how long you have to keep working.

The best part is that you can then put in a "What if I save or spend..." for see how a specific purchase or subscription or car payment will impact your FIRE date.

ketchup

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 09:22:24 AM »
The GasBuddy app has gotten pretty nifty.  The eBay app makes it easy to list stuff quickly.  Mint, of course.

I have an OBD-II reader and the app for that can be handy.

On the health/fitness side of things I also like the Sleep Cycle app and the Stronglifts app.

ishoutedmyjoy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:35:49 PM »
i like flipp. it puts together grocery fliers and you can search items too.

sol

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:46:37 PM »
I've used a variety of craigslist search and notification apps to great success.  Want a 60 cm steel frame road bike for under $200?  Tell it to look for one, and it will notify you one crops up. 

The problem with these marketplace notification apps is that the really good CL deals are all gone in minutes to hours, before the app has a chance to find them and notify you.  If you're really bargain hunting, you basically have to troll your local CL page yourself.

I'm pretty sure everyone else uses them too, because I commonly list an item on CL at a very attractive price, hear crickets for like three or four hours, then suddenly get five texts/calls in a matter of minutes.