Author Topic: Give Up the Hooch: Booze Free for as long as you please!  (Read 307821 times)

mspym

• Walrus Stache
Re: Give Up the Hooch: Booze Free for as long as you please!
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2018, 05:49:09 PM »

try club soda with bitters.  I've discovered there are all types, and makes the soda feel more "complex" and not necessarily sweet.  But simulates the real thing.

I wonder if this is something you can order in a bar, a bitters and soda?
There is a grapefruit bitters by Fee Brothers that is wonderful.

Absolutely you can - I ask for a soda with a splash of bitters, and also quiz them if they are a craft cocktail bar about what sort of bitters they have.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2018, 07:34:39 PM »
I got some of these Fee Brother whiskey barrel aged bitters. With a splash of vanilla in sparkling mineral water, it tastes like a dry unsweet rootbeer. It's lovely.

peregrine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2018, 09:27:16 AM »
I've recently kicked alcohol out of my life completely, want to join me? There aren't many benefits, just saving more cash, effortlessly dropping lbs, more mental clarity, the end of hangovers, and much more time and energy to focus on the things that matter. Honestly, I'm surprised it doesn't come up here a little more often!

Alright, Onemorebike: I'm in. 

I started drinking when I was 21; I'm 46 now.  With the exception of three weeks in 2014, I have had alcohol in my life on a near-daily/weekly basis for 25 years.  I've long thought about the physical, mental and financial benefits of going sober (and the financial aspect especially since beginning the ways of the Mustache in 2014). 

In fact, if I take my average spending on booze at $200/month and do the MMM thing and calculate investment at 8% return for 10 years, I get:

Nearly $37,000 I could have/could have had.  Damn.

And add to that the mental tiredness, crankiness, lost productivity, and worst of all, the lost joy of living I often experience when I'm sober - and it all adds up to a good idea to give it a rest for a while.  Maybe for a long while.

Today is Day 1.  My goal is to go for 30 days, and possibly longer.  The last time I lived like that I was 20 years old. This won't be easy, and habits are hard to break, but I've done many other hard things in my life so I believe I can do this.

Thanks for this conversation. I'm very glad to see it. And very glad to read all the posts everyone has shared!

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2018, 09:21:26 PM »
I've recently kicked alcohol out of my life completely, want to join me? There aren't many benefits, just saving more cash, effortlessly dropping lbs, more mental clarity, the end of hangovers, and much more time and energy to focus on the things that matter. Honestly, I'm surprised it doesn't come up here a little more often!

Alright, Onemorebike: I'm in. 

I started drinking when I was 21; I'm 46 now.  With the exception of three weeks in 2014, I have had alcohol in my life on a near-daily/weekly basis for 25 years.  I've long thought about the physical, mental and financial benefits of going sober (and the financial aspect especially since beginning the ways of the Mustache in 2014). 

In fact, if I take my average spending on booze at $200/month and do the MMM thing and calculate investment at 8% return for 10 years, I get:

Nearly $37,000 I could have/could have had.  Damn.

And add to that the mental tiredness, crankiness, lost productivity, and worst of all, the lost joy of living I often experience when I'm sober - and it all adds up to a good idea to give it a rest for a while.  Maybe for a long while.

Today is Day 1.  My goal is to go for 30 days, and possibly longer.  The last time I lived like that I was 20 years old. This won't be easy, and habits are hard to break, but I've done many other hard things in my life so I believe I can do this.

Thanks for this conversation. I'm very glad to see it. And very glad to read all the posts everyone has shared!
This was me a little over five months ago. Welcome, honestly this stands to be one of the better choices/changes I've ever made. I hope it does the same for you. I can't say enough good things about Annie Grace's book on how to control.alcohol and her 30 day challenge that was free when I did it. Check in often, would love to hear how it goes!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2018, 10:36:44 PM »
I am twenty days away from a year without booze and it's just going to continue. I stopped because I had turned it into an unhealthy coping mechanism and now it's just not an option for me. I thought I would miss it and I don't. It is so much better inside my head and for the first time in YEARS my weight is creeping down instead of up.

Fancy tea! it's delicious and so much more enjoyment for the price!

peregrine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »

[/quote]This was me a little over five months ago. Welcome, honestly this stands to be one of the better choices/changes I've ever made. I hope it does the same for you. I can't say enough good things about Annie Grace's book on how to control.alcohol and her 30 day challenge that was free when I did it. Check in often, would love to hear how it goes!
[/quote]

Yes, I started t'he Annie Grace thing after reading the posts here.  I'm eager to get this going.  Looking forward to brighter days!

DagobertDuck

• Bristles
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2018, 12:07:58 PM »
14 days into my one-month challenge. Still at zero drinks! Time for a mid-term write-up:

[blah blah]

Day 29. Situation unchanged. Still sober, still going strong.

So, it's been a while, but I completed the challenge. It was pretty easy actually. It might be my imagination but it seems I have lost some belly fat, which is a nice bonus.

After the challenge finished I haven't been on any binges. Still no drinks on ordinary weekday nights, max 2 on social occasions. After one beer, the next round I go for something alcohol-free.

Great success! Now time for the next challenge!
https://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/throw-down-the-gauntlet/no-smartphoneipadpc-before-breakfast-and-after-9-30-pm/
Who's in to join me?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:18:34 PM by DagobertDuck »

Leisured

• Pencil Stache
  • Retired, and loving it.
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2018, 06:23:37 AM »
Most of us have a lifelong addiction to tea and coffee, which fortunately does no harm. Tea and coffee are still crutches, though. To be a Devil's Advocate here, what is needed is a compound which gives the same relaxed, merry feel of alcohol, but without the side effects. I do not know if there has been any research on the matter, and I am surprised that alcohol companies do not attempt to discover such a compound.

Tea and coffee change our mental perception of the world, in a small way. I think it is legitimate to try and make the world seem better, so long as one can do so without side effects.

sisto

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2018, 09:52:54 AM »
Well it's only been a week now, but it seems like so much longer. We've managed to go to 2 parties and stick to not drinking. I suppose that's why it feels longer. Perrier, and Hansen's for the win!

Nederstash

• Bristles
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2018, 03:33:37 AM »
Most of us have a lifelong addiction to tea and coffee, which fortunately does no harm. Tea and coffee are still crutches, though. To be a Devil's Advocate here, what is needed is a compound which gives the same relaxed, merry feel of alcohol, but without the side effects. I do not know if there has been any research on the matter, and I am surprised that alcohol companies do not attempt to discover such a compound.

Tea and coffee change our mental perception of the world, in a small way. I think it is legitimate to try and make the world seem better, so long as one can do so without side effects.

Coffee was definitely a crutch for me. I was on 3-4 cups a day (all before 2PM) and I had acid reflux and was antsy. My doctor recommended quitting coffee for a bit. The first 10 days were horrible, massive headaches! After that, I felt 100% better than before. Haven't wanted a coffee since. As for tea, I'm not too sure, I don't drink it much, and if I do, it's green tea or chamomile.

And still, the best thing I've done for my health is quitting alcohol over a year ago. It scares me to look back and see how dependent I was starting to get. The good news is, I haven't wanted a single drop since I quit.

Still addicted to cheese/chips/fries/anything hearty really... can't seem to shake that habit.

dragoncar

• Walrus Stache
  • Registered member
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2018, 08:20:06 PM »
To be a Devil's Advocate here, what is needed is a compound which gives the same relaxed, merry feel of alcohol, but without the side effects.

Depends on the side effects you are talking about, but there is a compound which gives similar effects without the liver/cancer risks.  Unfortunately it’s highly illegal because it’s used for date rape

peregrine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2018, 09:55:39 AM »
Today is my Day 10 w/o alcohol.  I woke up this morning at sunrise, smiling because I felt so good.  I'm getting back to a regular, healthy sleeping habit and mental acuity is increasing.

Reminded me of the Bob Marley song, "Woke up this morning/smiled with the rising sun..."

Increased quality of life and decreased unnecessary expenditures... what could be more Mustachian than that?

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2018, 10:07:56 AM »
This! Exactly this! I'm a week away from my six month mark and the immense improvement in the quality of life (and equally large decrease in spending) are mind blowing. I'm better, my relationships are better, my work is better, my play is the best - so glad I embarked on this and especially pleased to be doing it in tandem with fellow mustachians.
Today is my Day 10 w/o alcohol.  I woke up this morning at sunrise, smiling because I felt so good.  I'm getting back to a regular, healthy sleeping habit and mental acuity is increasing.

Reminded me of the Bob Marley song, "Woke up this morning/smiled with the rising sun..."

Increased quality of life and decreased unnecessary expenditures... what could be more Mustachian than that?

Bicycle_B

• Handlebar Stache
  • Mustachian-ish in Live Music Capital of the World
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2018, 10:57:21 AM »
Keep on keepin' on, lemonfan. You can do it. Rooting for you!

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2018, 12:06:14 PM »
Good luck guys.  I fell off the wagon a bunch of times before I finally stayed on for good.

Greyweld

• Pencil Stache
  • Get healthy, save money, kick ass
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2018, 07:38:50 PM »
Hi friends. I'm almost at a month and I'm having a bit of a depression kick my ass. Please remind me booze won't fix it. Thanks.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2018, 08:22:40 PM »
Hi friends. I'm almost at a month and I'm having a bit of a depression kick my ass. Please remind me booze won't fix it. Thanks.

Hey there! Booze is a depressant so will just make it worse. You can do it!

Greyweld

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2018, 08:37:15 PM »

Thank you! For some reason I believe it more if someone else tells me.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »

Thank you! For some reason I believe it more if someone else tells me.

Always here for a pep-talk
: )

*But seriously my brainspace has got So Much Better since I quit booze. I won't say it's always been easy but it has got easier as I go on and in terms of mood benefits, the closest analogy I have is like when I moved from a gloomy country to a sunny one and became just a much more cheerful person.

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
Today I celebrate six months with no hooch! Feeling great and super positive still about this life change, now I'm trying to think of a proper celebration that doesn't include hooch. :)

paulkots

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2018, 09:48:52 AM »
Starting no beer/wine or sweets until at least Sept 1st.

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2018, 01:23:28 PM »
Nice job guys.  (And/or ladies).  I am at 1 year, 11 months, 21 days.

Greyweld

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2018, 03:27:57 PM »
I'm at a month and two days. Woot!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2018, 05:21:56 PM »
I'm at 11 months and 29 days, weirdly excited to get to a year.

@onemorebike ice cream? An ice cream cake?

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #124 on: July 31, 2018, 07:04:57 PM »
I have been alcohol free for almost 4 months, thanks for all the support and tips.

BookLoverL

• Bristles
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2018, 02:35:56 AM »
When at uni I discovered I didn't really like the taste of alcohol, so I didn't drink much anyway, and then I went on medication, so I pretty much stopped completely. I've had about 2 ciders in the last year, and both of those were at really noisy parties that I felt I had to go to due to family obligations.

So proud of everyone here putting in the effort to cut back/give up. Your wallet and health will both thank you.

CrustyBadger

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »
Hi, I was inspired by this thread about a month ago but am just joining you now.

I have significantly reduced my alcohol consumption this past month, and was drinking just one beer a night for 2 weeks.  Then I started skipping that, or only drinking half a beer.  I've had some headaches and withdrawal issues at first but that is over now. 

I've decided not to try to "challenge" myself to be totally sober for a certain amount of time. I don't want to "fall of the wagon" or feel I have failed. But I want to stick to a maximum of just one beer a night, no wine or liquor anymore.  And when I find myself thinking about having that beer, to substitute something else -- tea, exercise, a phone chat with a friend (NOT FOOD which is my downfall in terms of weight management!!)

That said, it's been 2 days without a beer for me, so maybe I will just continue and see how I feel?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:20:21 AM by CrustyBadger »

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2018, 09:10:10 AM »
Hi Crusty,

I think you should try to commit to a 30 day No Alcohol fast to see how you feel.
I am at 4 months as of next week, and I do feel great.  I remember having an uptick in energy after two weeks then again at 3 weeks. I had been trying to moderate for years, had some sucess with 30 beers a month,  but then slipped back to my old habits. I read a book that said anyone who drinks several times a week is experienceing a low level withdrawal every day. That it takes 7-10 days for alcohol to be totally out of your system. Once I thouhgt of alcohol as a toxin to the body I had an attitiude adjustment, and just quit ( maybe not forever but my initial goal was 2-6 months). I found without alcohol  I am less moody and edgy, something I did not expect and I get along better with my spouse.

Just think of the 30 days as a reset, renew, a purge if you will,  a cleansing.

CrustyBadger

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »
I've tried that before, and I gained 10 pounds.  I'm at a point where I simply cannot gain any more weight.  So I am reluctant to commit to a fast of that nature until I know I have a plan for managing my stress in a way that doesn't involve eating. (-:

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »
It may be harder to loose weight than give up booze. I did not initially loose weight either, but I have been loosing lately, I initially substitited ice cream for beer!

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2018, 07:48:06 AM »
2 years today. 

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »
Well done, sir!
2 years today.

CrustyBadger

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #132 on: August 07, 2018, 06:34:56 AM »
Hi Crusty,

I think you should try to commit to a 30 day No Alcohol fast to see how you feel.

You know, on second thought, I think you are right.    Immediately after reading your comment, I got a little angry and later that night, had a beer in defiance.   "No one is going to suggest to me I shouldn't drink!"   I saw at the time how irrational that was.

And I am realizing that if I just have a drink every couple of days, I am still experiencing all the unpleasant effects every couple of days now instead of every day.  It's like going through withdrawal over and over and over.

I just signed up for Anne Grace's Alcohol Experiment and am going to give it an honest try.   

Thanks @BikeFanatic for the push!

onemorebike

• Bristles
« Reply #133 on: August 07, 2018, 07:11:47 AM »
CrustyBadger,

You are dead on. You are dealing with all of the downside (ongoing withdrawal symptoms) with none of the upside. Annie Grace's 30 day challenge is awesome, make sure and jump on their community boards too - I think they have a forum and a facebook page - they are super helpful!

Keep us updated here too!

Hi Crusty,

You know, on second thought, I think you are right.    Immediately after reading your comment, I got a little angry and later that night, had a beer in defiance.   "No one is going to suggest to me I shouldn't drink!"   I saw at the time how irrational that was.

And I am realizing that if I just have a drink every couple of days, I am still experiencing all the unpleasant effects every couple of days now instead of every day.  It's like going through withdrawal over and over and over.

I just signed up for Anne Grace's Alcohol Experiment and am going to give it an honest try.   

Thanks @BikeFanatic for the push!

brute

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #134 on: August 07, 2018, 07:20:32 AM »
Been (mostly) booze free for a month now. My wife and I split a very good sour beer with another couple, 4 oz each, last week. Thoroughly enjoyed it, didn't feel the need for more afterwards. We'll be continuing the booze free life for another 2 months at least. Physically and emotionally, this has been great for us. We've both dropped a significant amount of fat, gotten stronger, and don't argue as much.

peregrine

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »
Hi Everybody,

I hit my 30-day mark Alcohol Free yesterday. I have no plans to go back to the alcohol days. Once I got the medical, scientific facts of all the ways alcohol is known to harm the body from a book called Alcohol Explained (by William Porter), I realized I could never look at a glass of beer the same way again.

Though I am fit, I am also pre-diabetic. I've learned that heavy drinking (my case) brings on diabetes even faster than it otherwise would occur. That scares the bajeezus out of me!

I won't go into the whole story here, but I drank for 25 years, with no breaks, in ever-increasing amounts. This year has been a bad one (lots of booze); I was looking for an excuse to give it up when I saw this thread.  The timing was perfect for me - so glad I did it.

If you're thinking about going booze free, you should give it a shot. You probably can't remember how good it feels to have your old self back again.

I recommend Annie Grace's "Alcohol Experiment" online site, as well.

Life was meant to be lived! What have you got to lose? Nothing - and everything to gain!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:53:19 PM by peregrine »

CrustyBadger

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2018, 08:55:04 PM »
nice to hear, peregrine!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2018, 10:15:21 PM »
Great stuff @peregrine I just hit my first year and it just gets easier.

frugalkristen

• Stubble
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2018, 08:02:42 AM »
Although I look through all of the posts in this forum, I've actively avoided reading this one until today.  I know I need to give up alcohol but have made a lot of excuses to keep drinking.  Last December, I decided to make some changes in the new year - I declared January to be a no spend, no alcohol and lose weight month.  I had packed on an extra 15 pounds over the last few years (divorce, new job, 4 grown kids, etc).  Well that didn't last.  I did keep my spending low (not "no" but still good) and after struggling the first couple weeks, tried a low carb diet (the first time I have ever tried it as I was always a calories in/calories out girl).  I lost the extra 15 pounds quickly (and kept them off!).  I definitely see food differently now and will never go back to the way I used to eat (I have carbs but am very thoughtful about what I'm eating).  Now it's time to tackle the alcohol issue.  A lot has changed in my life the last 4 years (well, everything has changed in my life the last 4 years...) and my drinking habit slowly increased.  Starting today, I am going to cut way back.  I am meeting friends out Friday (who I haven't seen in many years) and know I will have a couple beers out with them.  I want to be realistic so I won't fail.  After that, I plan to stop drinking for a few weeks.  I don't think this will be easy but I need to make this change.  I'll be reading this sub everyday as you are all very encouraging.  Thank you! 

CrustyBadger

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2018, 09:51:13 AM »
Hi @frugalkristen   Good luck to you!

I really like Annie Grace.  She wrote This Naked Mind (which I haven't read yet) and has a free thing on the web called the Alcohol Experiment.  I just decided to dive in and try it -- it's 30 days of emails with links to videos, research, and journal "assignments".  It's very low key and non judgmental, and it is having a really good effect on me.

With all the stress I have been under the past few years, my drinking to de stress (and not feel) has increased a great deal.  I was getting alarmed at how my tolerance has increased but tried to a few times and wasn't able to reduce it for long.  It's early days yet, but something about this time feels different.  And it isn't hard, like it was in the past.  So, it seems to be working for me, anyhow, and I read reviews from others who say the same thing. It's worth checking out IMO!

Again, good luck!

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2018, 09:56:57 AM »
If you do the annie grace video challenge you should start before you quit drinking she has some exercise  to do while you are still drinking,  I did it backwards,   quit then joined the group.

CrustyBadger

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2018, 07:05:10 AM »
It's been 11 days since I started the Annie Grace video program.  I am starting to feel the effects of being completely alcohol free.  I really like the constant support and videos to watch every day, talking about a different effect alcohol has on our bodies, or things we might be going through as we are discontinuing alcohol use.  It kind of reminds me of being pregnant and those emails you would get saying "on this date in your pregnancy, your body is doing this" kind of thing.

One thing I notice is I am sleeping more, and when I wake up I am much less anxious than I have been upon awakening.  I used to wake to these nightmares -- in a panicky feeling, "Oh, no there's something really really important that I forgot".

It's been SUPER easy to stop drinking.  I get cravings around dinner time but I am easily able to just let them go.  I don't have any peer pressure to drink, in fact most of my friends (when I see them) don't drink, so that part is easy.   And my husband has even voluntarily cut back a lot of his drinking as well. 

Life is not very stressful at the moment because I'm not working (teacher -- summer vacation) AND my kids are away from home, though.   They return Friday and school starts again next week.  I'm fearful that the only reason I've been able to handle stress without alcohol is that I just haven't had a lot of stress to deal with and don't know what will happen once my little stressors return!

One thing I CANNOT do is gain weight.  I am already at 195 pounds and I'm only 5'8".  I have resolved not to go back to drinking though, so I am going to have to do something else to not gain weight.  The alcohol experiment videos have helped me to realize I have to make a plan to deal with these sugar cravings... more protein, and more exercise I guess. 

CrustyBadger

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2018, 07:10:03 AM »
Oh... one more thing.... I think conservatively, I spent a minimum of $20 a week on alcohol.  (This doesn't count what my husband drinks.)  Since I am no longer drinking, this is money that I can be spending on paying down debt.

But...

I think instead, just for a while, I am going to move $80/month into my (nonexistent) clothing budget.  I do not spend any money on clothes for myself.  But for once I am going to reward myself a little bit.  I am making good progress on my debt, and do not have a habit of indulging myself with little rewards or treats.  And I really truly need some new work clothes.

afuera

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2018, 09:21:28 AM »
I'm in on this challenge.  I don't really crave alcohol very much and I have always thought the non-alcoholic versions of whatever I'm drinking taste better comparatively but I have let social drinking sort of take over my life. The biggest issue is that alcohol is one of the biggest sources of conflict in my marriage.  I can't do anything about the amount my husband drinks but I can decide right now that I'll quit for good.
Congratulations and good luck to everyone in this thread.  Y'all are an inspiration.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #144 on: August 15, 2018, 10:11:01 AM »
@CrustyBadger - Good going, Ya I would plop that extra money right into the clothing budget, reward yourself for a month not drinking , saves a ton of money if you go out to bars or out to dinner with ten dollar glasses of wine. I aim for 30 days at a time and commit for 30 days every month. I just finished 4 months and am committed for another month. I calculate my spouse and I save 250-300$ a month!

Also, I think you can be an inspiration to your spouse if you quit, I quit first in my relationship. Good luck to all of you.

Slee_stack

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #145 on: August 15, 2018, 11:06:21 AM »
I wouldn't mind shedding some pounds, but I'm not keen on eliminating alcohol altogether.

Certain beers are just so incredibly delicious tasting to me.

I will try to cut back on overall volume, drink slower to savor the flavor even more, etc.

I don't drink during the week, but on the weekends average 3 beers per day.

I've already cut back drinking bad beer.  I used to regularly attend a cheap Chicken Wing and beer night, but the crappy beer is just not worth the calories.  Ok, the Chicken Wings probably aren't either, but at least those taste good!

If someone comes up with an alcohol free hazy IPA, let me know immediately!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:07:53 AM by Slee_stack »

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2018, 12:34:53 PM »
The only NA beers worth drinking are, in order of preference:  1) Beck's Buckler, and 2) St. Pauli Girl NA. 

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »
I beg to differ on the non alcoholic beers! I say there are 4 that are good, all from Germany.

Buckler =90 calories is is made by Heineken I believe, and that is a good one, plain but good.
I also like Becks Blue label that one is only 60 calories.
I do enjoy the St pauligirls, but it tastes very similar to Becks.

Then there is Claushauller  Amber dry hopped. Has a Wort taste to it ( wort is unfermented beer), and the hops give it a kick, I like it.

lastly there is Sharps amber by Miller or Coors I think, not bad really. Kaliber is by guiness and i find it  a tad sweet but OK .

OurTown

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #148 on: August 15, 2018, 01:05:28 PM »
You're right, Buckler is made by Heineken.  There is also a Becks n.a., that's pretty good.

I keep a few of these in the back porch fridge in the summer months and pop one after I finish mowing the lawn.

BikeFanatic

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2018, 01:08:16 PM »
It does satisfy, my wife and I can have a beer on the back porch,  not as tasty as a real beer, but I feel like I am relaxed and enjoying myself.

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!