Author Topic: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!  (Read 1851316 times)

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
Re: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!
« Reply #4800 on: June 01, 2017, 04:56:37 AM »
I have three big boxes of photographs that I need to scan/digitize.  I just can't seem to make a start on those.  Debating whether to train the kids in how to do it this summer (and pay them extra allowance) or else wait until the winter and do it myself.  We have a small farm, so I work outside when the weather is good.  Easier to find time for a task like this in the dark of winter . . .  How's that for procrastination, lol?

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #4801 on: June 01, 2017, 07:17:54 AM »
Listed:
- Trumpet vases
- Couch & love seat
- Console table
- Manzanita branches
- Set of spare tires/wheels for 07-15 Civic
- Small weed whacker
- Jug of radiator fluid

To be listed:
- Queen bed set
- Coffee table
- Multiple plate sets
- TSX/Accord calipers, rotors, brake pads
- Random OEM 07-11 Civic parts
- too much stuff...

SOLD:
- Car
- Supercharger kit
- Lawn mower
- Fertilizer spreader
- Low profile mechanic's creeper
- Civic shift assembly
- Deep fryer
- Old subwoofer
- Votive candle holders
- 17' Ladder

Captain FIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4802 on: June 01, 2017, 08:46:41 AM »
Finishing up the grand kitchen declutter, I finally found the box of steak knives lost years ago!  Had fallen behind the recipe books (which are now neatly reorganized and many loose ones I'd never make thrown away).  Found out my husband recently suggested to my folks this as a present idea (if not channeled, we get a lot of nice, but not useful items), so we took that off the list.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 08:49:21 AM by Captain FIRE »

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #4803 on: June 02, 2017, 07:57:43 AM »
Listed:
- Trumpet vases
- Couch & love seat
- Manzanita branches
- Set of spare tires/wheels for 07-15 Civic
- Small weed whacker
- Jug of radiator fluid
- Coffee table

To be listed:
- Queen bed set
- Multiple plate sets
- TSX/Accord calipers, rotors, brake pads
- Random OEM 07-11 Civic parts
- too much stuff...

SOLD:
- 2007 Honda Civic Si
- Supercharger kit
- Lawn mower
- Fertilizer spreader
- Low profile mechanic's creeper
- Civic shift assembly
- Deep fryer
- Old subwoofer
- Votive candle holders
- 17' Ladder
- Console table

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4804 on: June 03, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »
We had a huge, brand new Charbroil grill out on the patio...9 years ago.  For the past 5 years or so it's merely been a slowly rusting eyesore and home to hornets and mice.

Today I took it apart and brought it to the town dump, along with an outgrown scooter and bike, plus another bicycle that I ran over and mangled with the car a couple years ago (no kid was on it at the time!).  Although it didn't help declutter the house, the patio and shed are looking much better.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4805 on: June 04, 2017, 01:09:45 AM »
Decided to get rid of a stereo that my husband won at work .... 23 years ago! The CD player and cassette player haven't worked for at least 15 years and the volume knob is messed up so you have to turn it reallllly slowly to change the volume when listening to the radio. Finally parting with it!

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4806 on: June 04, 2017, 09:23:34 PM »
Decided to get rid of a stereo that my husband won at work .... 23 years ago! The CD player and cassette player haven't worked for at least 15 years and the volume knob is messed up so you have to turn it reallllly slowly to change the volume when listening to the radio. Finally parting with it!

Wow, this is bizarre: I also won a stereo (at school) 23 years ago this month.  The CD player has been broken for a long time, but AFAIK the cassette player still works.  Anyway, it's been sitting on my floor near a pile of other things to get rid of, and I've been debating whether to junk it.  What a crazy coincidence!

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #4807 on: June 04, 2017, 10:24:36 PM »
Also listed an old computer for free; hope to get some bites soon.

Yay, the jewelry is gone!  Went to a very nice lady.

Also, the shred bin [will be emptied] tomorrow!

The computer didn't go, so I dragged it to my car (redacted) so it's ready to go to the recycler.  Also have 3 old cell phones and 2 old hard drives to go, so won't actually make the trip until all those are ready.  Hmm, I should bring the cell phonesto the car...they were factory reset already.  Need to make those hard drives a priority so I can actually get the items out of my possession, not just out of the house.

Listed a printer & the table it has been sitting on.

Also copied a bunch of old CD's to the hard drive.  They will all go to the recycler this week, but I need to find shipping supplies.

Also need to talk to Mr. O about the stability ball.  It's been shoved in the corner for years; I think it's gotta go.  Last time we talked he was opposed, but now that it's sat there for (how much more) longer, maybe he has changed his mind.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:47:49 AM by oneday »

Rimu05

• Bristles
« Reply #4808 on: June 05, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »
Salvation army usually takes and will pick up furniture that you are not using. I had them pick up my stuff in storage from when I moved out.

GoConfidently

• Stubble
« Reply #4809 on: June 05, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »
Nearly a year ago, I decided to get rid of 1000 items. I hit  that goal and decided to up it to 1500 by the one year mark. Now I'm at 1545 and I don't know how I'm going to do it, but new goal is 2000 by June 27! i love how clean and neat everything feels in my house.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4810 on: June 05, 2017, 02:47:43 PM »
...and yup, I'm back on a de-cluttering binge, thinking of throwing up a 30 to 60 day challenge for 2017 - to keep me motivated and tackle some long overdue projects.

If you do, will you please post a link here?  I found last year's 90-day challenge thread super-helpful for my own paper tiger.  Still fighting the good fight...

@oneday - the challenge is on and up:)

Salim

• Handlebar Stache
  • over the hills
« Reply #4811 on: June 05, 2017, 02:53:31 PM »
Nearly a year ago, I decided to get rid of 1000 items. I hit  that goal and decided to up it to 1500 by the one year mark. Now I'm at 1545 and I don't know how I'm going to do it, but new goal is 2000 by June 27! i love how clean and neat everything feels in my house.

I am so impressed! I've already gotten rid of a huge amount of stuff, but the house is still quite cluttered. This needs rethinking.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #4812 on: June 05, 2017, 06:36:20 PM »

Very nice, well done.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4813 on: June 06, 2017, 12:51:47 AM »

Wow, this is bizarre: I also won a stereo (at school) 23 years ago this month.  The CD player has been broken for a long time, but AFAIK the cassette player still works.  Anyway, it's been sitting on my floor near a pile of other things to get rid of, and I've been debating whether to junk it.  What a crazy coincidence!

Wow! That is crazy! I feel happy that I let it go, although I had a moment of doubt just because of the somewhat sentimental nature of winning it. We just don't need it and its huge and ugly. Glad its gone. Go for it! Release it! hahahaha!

jim555

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4814 on: June 06, 2017, 04:46:51 AM »
I had some cassette tapes I played into my computer and made sound files out of.  So the player and tapes are now gone.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4815 on: June 06, 2017, 09:56:14 AM »
I just loaded a borrowed hanger full of old branches that have been left under a sheet in our garden by the previous owner. Will be disposed of tomorrow morning before work.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4816 on: June 06, 2017, 01:56:43 PM »
Rosy, thanks!

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4817 on: June 06, 2017, 10:12:32 PM »
The printer was snapped up, but the table is languishing.  Need to ask Mr. O where the shipping supplies are so those CD's can go bye-bye.

Penny Lane

• Stubble
« Reply #4818 on: June 07, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »
We rented 2 tables at the local flea market last weekend ( $14) and brought all kinds of stuff to sell-- ice skates, brass fittings, books, candlesticks, dishes, some antiques, framed art we don't hang etc-- and netted $350 in a couple of enjoyable hours.  Gave away our skis/boots/poles.

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #4819 on: June 07, 2017, 11:14:55 AM »
We rented 2 tables at the local flea market last weekend ( $14) and brought all kinds of stuff to sell-- ice skates, brass fittings, books, candlesticks, dishes, some antiques, framed art we don't hang etc-- and netted $350 in a couple of enjoyable hours.  Gave away our skis/boots/poles.

!!! We might need to do something similar!!! My wife likes flea markets anyway, so it wouldn't hurt to have a go at it to get rid of some of our stuff.

MandyM

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4820 on: June 07, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »
I have just started packing things up in my house. I'm not moving, but I'm having all of my floors refinished so everything except the kitchen and bathroom will get moved out for a few days (well, not EVERYTHING, but most). I started with a coat closet that isn't often used and got rid of a coat and some Christmas items.

Its just me living in the house and I really don't have much "stuff" but there is always a little bit to toss. For better or worse, this is the third time in two years that I have been prompted to go through large portions of my possessions. The first was a bed bug situation (courtesy of my then roommate), second was a broken water line and related flood to 1/3 of the house, now the floors (which is the last of the flood related repair). The bed bug situation caused the biggest purge as almost everything had to be either decontaminated or tossed. In the past, my roommate had trouble letting go of things, but her fear of bugs trumped almost any attachment. As much of a headache as it was, I secretly loved the bug purge.

Due to my contractor getting behind schedule, I have now lived over week with the vast majority of my things stored in the garage. I.love.it. My closet is empty other than the items I wear weekly and my living room has a reclining lawn chair and my tv. It helps that my kitchen is completely intact, but it has prompted me to purge a few items from there as well. After my floors are done, I only plan to bring things back into the house as I need them.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4821 on: June 09, 2017, 02:07:36 AM »
Feeling the need to organize my posts here!  Worried I might miss something.

Gone (see, I did make progress):
shaving cream
costume jewelery
old printer
1 shred bin full

Almost gone:
electronics (waiting for the hard drives to be cleared)
CD's (need shipping materials)
side table (listed, but no interest yet)

Priority to move out next:
stability ball
yarn
paper monster
skis
bike
too-fancy knitting purse/handbag

Whew, that feels better.  My organizing efforts are organized again.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4822 on: June 09, 2017, 05:17:14 AM »
Our local buy nothing group is having an in person event on Friday that I think will end up being a giant disaster (the moderator has posted about it to the public, people who haven't been in our group, aren't in the boundaries, and aren't bringing things to give- tables of free stuff? Gonna be a grab fest.)

But I'm trying to put together a box of stuff to take though.

This is town wide garage sale weekend. I'm going to try to avoid going. I really don't need anything. Baby clothes, but it's too hard to guess her size ahead of time.

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #4823 on: June 09, 2017, 09:49:17 AM »
Cleaned the garage last weekend. It felt a little overwhelming but DH and I decided ahead of time we would focus on the "low hanging fruit". Got a full van's worth of stuff outta there. I also labeled a few boxes.

went through DD's closet- I big bag of clothing to Goodwill and 2 bags of the nicer things to our local parish who has a free-store where folks in need can shop.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4824 on: June 09, 2017, 12:32:27 PM »
DH and I recently moved into our new home.  I'd been donating items for months prior, but we still have so much, it seems!  As I've been unpacking, I've scrutinized every item.  So far in the donate pile:

1 suit-Outdated, but in good shape, so I'm hoping a woman with an office job can utilize it.
3 shirts
1 blazer
3 t-shirts
5 pairs of shoes (One never worn pair.  I've moved 6-8 times since purchasing them.  What a waste!)

Last night I reduced 1 1/2 shoe boxes of junk drawer items into one small drawer

In the misc toss/giveaway box is a travel mug, tray from a toaster oven we gave away last year, and a few other things.

Goals this week is to add 11 more donation clothing items, and to finish the kitchen.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4825 on: June 09, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »
This morning I finished sorting through another box of papers, this one mostly monthly statements for a Jeep I no longer own and paid off 5 years before I got rid of it, old 401(k) statements for a couple of 401(k) accounts I no longer have, and a few things I kept, like certificate of health insurance letters and doctor results for things done pre-2010.  Mostly shredded the papers, kept maybe 1/3 to be gone through again once I have the biggest amount of crap gone.  Now to tidy up what I kept, and then go get another box of papers out of storage.

Also have at least one long sleeve tshirt to donate, and a handful of refrigerator magnets to add in.  My current RV fridge doesn't hold magnets.  Small steps.

I'm taking a few food items to some friends that are move than I can eat in a timely manner that were bought when I still 'stocked up' from Costco.

This is slow, but it is getting done.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4826 on: June 09, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »
I should also have a look at old papers. I think I still have salary printouts from my first jobs prior to 1998. Also all sorts of insurance papers of insurances we ever have had in the time everything was sent to us in paper.

TartanTallulah

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4827 on: June 09, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »
I should also have a look at old papers. I think I still have salary printouts from my first jobs prior to 1998. Also all sorts of insurance papers of insurances we ever have had in the time everything was sent to us in paper.

I've mostly been ruthless about getting rid of paper (sometimes too ruthless), but just a few days ago I came upon a box of old statements that had moved house with us six years ago because at that time they were still recent enough for me to need to keep them in case the taxman took a close interest in my freelance income. I could probably shred them now.

My husband's old online shop stock is still trickling out of the house and I've chipped off the tip of my craft supplies mountain. My eBay attention span is starting to reach its end and we've got a vacation coming up in just under two weeks, so I'll terminate any remaining listings then and come back to it later in the year.

CloserToFree

• Bristles
  • 30-sth lawyer (for now), traveler, lover of nature
« Reply #4828 on: June 09, 2017, 10:35:20 PM »
Did a massive cull of all the hand me down baby clothes we've been storing for potential kid #2.  Realized we only need a small fraction of what we have.  Took about eight boxes of boy and girl clothes to a local women's shelter that accepts donations.  Feel great knowing that someone who needs this stuff will get to use it, rather than having it take up space and our house and collect dust.  Freed up 4 underbed storage boxes in the process!

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4829 on: June 10, 2017, 07:14:19 AM »
I'm cleaning out my classroom this week. I did such a good job decluttering last year that there hasn't been much to dispose of. :)

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4830 on: June 10, 2017, 04:36:33 PM »
I recycled a bunch of old text books from college earlier in the year. I don't know what I was thinking when I was in college. With the exception of a few books, I should have sold those suckers back to the bookstore the second the semester was over. Everything I had was about 14 years old and worthless.

Exactly!  I fall into the trap of "I might need this someday".  Even if I'm right 10% of the time (which I'm probably not), it's still not worth it to have the remaining 90% junk filling up my house meanwhile.

"I might need this someday" is my middle name. Inherited it from my Dad who grew up in the Depression.

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4831 on: June 11, 2017, 11:53:48 AM »
Over the past week or so we filled a very large box with little-used toys to donate.

Took us a while, but the big box of toys went to the Goodwill today.  Also a couple dozen items of baby clothes, a changing table cushion, and a giant plastic painting easel the kids used just a couple times in several years.  It feels awesome to have that stuff out of the house!

Finally, I dug up a pile of ~30 old college textbooks and started trying to assess the value.  As expected, most were worthless.  But around 10 had values ranging from $10-$40.  So I need to figure out whether it's worth it to try selling some or all on half.com, etc.  My local library won't take them until the next book sale in ~6 months.

Bah, no progress on this one yet.  :(

I've also started sorting through a large box of old computer stuff.  Cases, mice, dozens of cords and cables, routers, modems, a laptop with a broken screen...oh my.  If I could put it all in a giant box and give it to a someone who could scavenge the useful parts and responsibly recycle the rest, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4832 on: June 11, 2017, 02:02:56 PM »
Over the past week or so we filled a very large box with little-used toys to donate.

Took us a while, but the big box of toys went to the Goodwill today.  Also a couple dozen items of baby clothes, a changing table cushion, and a giant plastic painting easel the kids used just a couple times in several years.  It feels awesome to have that stuff out of the house!

Finally, I dug up a pile of ~30 old college textbooks and started trying to assess the value.  As expected, most were worthless.  But around 10 had values ranging from $10-$40.  So I need to figure out whether it's worth it to try selling some or all on half.com, etc.  My local library won't take them until the next book sale in ~6 months.

Bah, no progress on this one yet.  :(

I've also started sorting through a large box of old computer stuff.  Cases, mice, dozens of cords and cables, routers, modems, a laptop with a broken screen...oh my.  If I could put it all in a giant box and give it to a someone who could scavenge the useful parts and responsibly recycle the rest, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Do you belong to any Facebook Buy/Sell groups? I would post it on there. I gave away an old laptop that way.

I sold an old box of record albums today for $50. Actually had a lot of people respond that they wanted it. I guess vinyl is making a comeback.

Also sorted some papers for shredding and a bunch of old file folders for recycling.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4833 on: June 11, 2017, 03:30:43 PM »
Smalfor today.  I am going through old foodstuffs and seeing if any of it is still good.  I had a container of dehydrated sausage flavored tofu (or whatever the version it was, not meat) that I tried this morning.  It tasted old, or maybe I just don't like it.  It has been open for over a year on the shelf, so it is now in the trash.  Also, tossed some eggs that floated in a glass of water.  I already had new eggs given to me, and someone told me to not get food poisoning over $.80 worth of eggs.

Next us, chili to use up a can or two of beans.

SingleMomDebt

« Reply #4834 on: June 11, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
I have lots of success with FB buy/sell groups for buying, selling and giving away. Second that notion. :)

Backstory: downsized from 900 to 600 sq ft.

- emptied a dresser. Found more suitable place for contents. Dresser gone. Woohoo!

dreaming

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4835 on: June 11, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »
Got rid of kids school papers from this last school year.  Only kept the fun stuff which is anything written about them, any written projects, art projects and awards.  A lot went into the recycle bin.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4836 on: June 12, 2017, 02:31:04 AM »
I got my DH to throw away a broken bicycle tire that was hanging for 2 weeks over a dining table chair. ;-)
Otherwise it is going slowly, also the second hand sales.

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4837 on: June 12, 2017, 09:52:37 AM »
We were camping this past weekend, so when we got home and had everything cleaned up, we went through ALL the camping boxes and consolidated/got rid of a LOT that we haven't used in years. I'm happy we got anything accomplished at all; DH really, really didn't want to deal with it, but I insisted. I'm sick of scrambling to go on a trip, realizing we missed things, and then shoving it all back in boxes when we get home, to "deal with later". I even re-purposed a wooden spoon, tongs, and two oven mitts (all things we were sorely lacking on this trip...) from the kitchen to the camping box. He would have run out to buy new things for camping, but we have four sets of tongs in the kitchen and even more wooden spoons...no need to buy anything, plus it de-clutters the kitchen.

Oh, and he finally moved the 3D printer to the garage and got rid of all the packaging. It's been sitting in our office for months, to my great annoyance. Baby steps...

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4838 on: June 12, 2017, 02:03:53 PM »
I moved a few weeks ago, and that went fairly well. My former roommate moved last week, and as expected didn't manage to quite clear out the old place. We filled up the recycling and trash bins and also had to drag out a couch and exercise machine that she'd accumulated (both trash picked and not used).

However, no longer my problem.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4839 on: June 12, 2017, 11:35:58 PM »
Almost gone:
side table (listed, but no interest yet) - I've got a bite! I hope it pans out.

Also found a shirt to put in the donate box and a worn-out sweater in the trash.

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #4840 on: June 12, 2017, 11:51:20 PM »
Shredded old paperwork from an old job-liberating. Also a big file of statements. So excited to have started clearing out the paper clutter hoard.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4841 on: June 14, 2017, 12:58:25 AM »
Still making arrangements with the interested party for the side table, but looks like it will be gone tomorrow. If not, I have a second party now interested.

Photographed the yarn; will try to list it tomorrow at lunch. This could be a challenge on the tablet.

Trying to put away a bulk purchase under the kitchen sink, I spilled water out of a long-unused watering can. Can went in the donate box and many of the other "potions" went in a bag for the has mat place. An annoying accident, but it pushed me to clear out that cabinet. Yay?

2microsNH

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4842 on: June 14, 2017, 05:20:53 AM »
I just donated about 100 books to our local library.... good ones, too. I'd read most of them at least once, and the others I never read because they didn't interest me. My partner was alarmed that I donated so many books! He said, "Books are such good things to have." I disagreed... "Books are such good things to have read." He realizes his attachment to keeping things is irrational, so his reaction was amusing to both of us. Tomorrow I attack all the miscellaneous bike stuff.

It feels great to purge and simplify!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:24:03 AM by 2microsNH »

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4843 on: June 14, 2017, 01:31:41 PM »
Do you belong to any Facebook Buy/Sell groups? I would post it on there. I gave away an old laptop that way.

I do belong to a couple local FB buy/sell groups.  I've managed to get rid of a couple things that way, but the no-show rate is almost as bad as Craigslist.

"You'd never believe it, on the way to your house my car broke down.  I don't think I'll have a car for a while, so..."
"My uncle/grandparent/cousin just died, and now's not a good time."
"My son sprained his pancreas and I'll be in the hospital with him for a while."
"After talking it over with my spouse/child/landlord, it turns out I'm not going to be able to use that."
"Would you take 1/2 the agreed-upon amount?  No?  Sorry, it's out of my budget."
"I know I said I'd be there on Friday, and again on Saturday, but I was busy.  How about Tuesday?"
"I'll be there in 1/2 hour!" (never shows up, never responds to further PM's)

The good news is I just found out that Best Buy, Staples, and an electronics recycling company not far away will all take my old computer stuff for free - cables and all.  I'm pretty excited about that!

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4844 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
With about 10 months until FIRE and a planned move to Europe, I really need to refocus my efforts to get rid of stuff.  The problem is I am waiting for my daughter to graduate, get a job and move out so that she can pick out what she wants of my stuff.  She will be done with school at the end of this week, so the first step is almost complete :-)  Hopefully she will have a job and her own place in the next few months...

In the meantime, I would like to put together another pile of stuff for donation and/or consignment.  So far I have a pair of shoes and an old backpack set aside.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4845 on: June 14, 2017, 04:33:34 PM »
I gave away to a rescue group a bunch of hummels and antique glassware. They will sell it for the rescue.  I sold the curio cabinet they were in. There is a new place called Offerup that you can sell things locally. Just like CL it takes time to weed out the people really not interested, ones that don't show up etc but I sold the cabinet in a week so not too bad. Also if something does not sell I lower the price until it does.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4846 on: June 15, 2017, 12:28:50 AM »
Table gone!

Yarn listed!

Progress!

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4847 on: June 15, 2017, 04:57:29 AM »
Back in this thread after a long hiatus! I started this thread a few years ago in anticipation of quitting my job to travel and to move interstate. Now I'm here again for the same reason! Apparently there are things that I didn't get rid of the first time around that I'm ready to let go of now. Donated 5 items of clothing today to the local charity shop. Feels great! Going to see what else there is that I can donate or throw away.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4848 on: June 15, 2017, 05:50:45 AM »
I deleted 7000 emails today *preen* :)

I also sorted out my email properly so that when I delete a message on one device it also deletes it on all my other devices. It's only been about two years on the to do list.

Still have about 1000 to delete and then there's hubby's account.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4849 on: June 15, 2017, 05:51:45 AM »
Back in this thread after a long hiatus! I started this thread a few years ago in anticipation of quitting my job to travel and to move interstate. Now I'm here again for the same reason! Apparently there are things that I didn't get rid of the first time around that I'm ready to let go of now. Donated 5 items of clothing today to the local charity shop. Feels great! Going to see what else there is that I can donate or throw away.

Welcome back! This thread is your legacy, it will outlive us all ;)

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!