Author Topic: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!  (Read 1850129 times)

ariapluscat

• Bristles
Re: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!
« Reply #4850 on: June 15, 2017, 08:51:41 AM »
i've sold over $200 worth of old books and $40 for my old barstools. i'm going to keep working on downsizing before my move!

i have plants i want to sell, but i'm not sure how to best list them.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #4851 on: June 17, 2017, 12:34:11 AM »
For as much interest as the yarn generated, it has been surprisingly difficult to meet up with anyone. Seems like I have a solid commitment for tomorrow, though.

Dropped off the electronics today. Turns out that place also takes CD's, so those are gone too. A two-fer! I still have not got the old hard drives cleaned off, so will be making another trip out there at some point.

Tomorrow will be a big day. Haz mat from under the sink, a library book and some hair (haircut!). Let's see if I can also get the skis and maybe, just maybe, the purse listed.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4852 on: June 17, 2017, 12:39:56 AM »
Back in this thread after a long hiatus! I started this thread a few years ago in anticipation of quitting my job to travel and to move interstate. Now I'm here again for the same reason! Apparently there are things that I didn't get rid of the first time around that I'm ready to let go of now. Donated 5 items of clothing today to the local charity shop. Feels great! Going to see what else there is that I can donate or throw away.

Seems like it never ends. My aim is to become a minimalist ever so slowly, so I get used to the declining amount of stuff along the way. Hoping that will shut up the little voice in my head that tells me its OK to bring home "just this one thing."

PS - did I forgot to say thanks for this thread? Limeandpepper, thanks for this thread! I am really enjoying it!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:06:32 AM by oneday »

2microsNH

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4853 on: June 17, 2017, 05:58:10 AM »
Yesterday I got rid of the GLASS HEAD I've been carrying around with me since a friend gave it to me as an 18th birthday present. Man, was that head heavy.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4854 on: June 17, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
2microsNH, that glass head is a pretty weird item.  I wonder if it's the strangest item anyone on this thread has gotten rid of?

Update time!

Gone:
shaving cream
costume jewelery
old printer
1 shred bin full
electronics
CD's
side table
1 shirt & sweater
haz mat from under the kitchen sink
yarn

Almost gone:
hard drives

Priority to move out next:
stability ball
paper monster
skis
bike
too-fancy knitting purse/handbag

geekette

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4855 on: June 17, 2017, 08:34:35 PM »
I wonder if it's the strangest item anyone on this thread has gotten rid of?
Not the strangest thing to get rid of myself, but I volunteer at a thrift store and found a lovely little wooden box that had been donated.  It rattled - there were baby teeth inside.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4856 on: June 18, 2017, 12:52:43 AM »
Put two of my husband's t-shirts in the charity bag.

I need to sell two pairs of his jeans on eBay.

And I'm going to put together a go-bag for him to keep at work - a change of clothes, toiletries, a towel, phone charger, etc. He travels a lot, and while it's not usually at short notice, he will sometimes head straight to work after an international flight.

While we will still technically own those things, it does get them out of my house.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4857 on: June 18, 2017, 07:14:52 AM »
Yesterday, my DH missed something that I had just given away some weeks ago. All of the sudden he had found a new use for it. Luckily he found a work around, after some thinking, which worked just as well.

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4858 on: June 18, 2017, 05:53:25 PM »
Started reading 'The life-changing magic of tidying up' and went on a 2-day (and counting) declutter binge, mostly in the basement.

Recycled two broken dehumidifiers, and discarded several large bags of junk -- mostly styrofoam, plastic bags, bubble wrap, and expired food from the pantry.

Sold a baby gate, kid's table and chairs, and train table on a local FB group.

Donated 4 more boxes to The Goodwill.  Mostly toys, decorations, clothes, and cordless phones.

I won't pretend I can see the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but it still feels amazing to get that much stuff out of our house and lives all in one fell swoop.

halftimer

• Stubble
« Reply #4859 on: June 18, 2017, 09:44:44 PM »
Great work everyone! The comment about decluttering a box of baby teeth made me smile and remember the armadillo purse (actual hollowed out armadillo) that I personally found being decluttered at someone's garage sale.

My progress at home: 2 big boxes to reuse centre, and cleaned out the closet to be seasonal and finally got rid of another dozen items in there.  At work: we emptied out a very full storage room so it will be ready to be used as an office soon, will be shredding 6 boxes, put a bunch of broken items in the garbage, and have 13 boxes to archive off-site.  Feels so good, I just want to keep getting rid of more.

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4860 on: June 19, 2017, 05:20:54 AM »
Recycled two broken dehumidifiers, and discarded several large bags of junk -- mostly styrofoam, plastic bags, bubble wrap, and expired food from the pantry.

Donated 4 more boxes to The Goodwill.  Mostly toys, decorations, clothes, and cordless phones.

Oops, forgot to mention that my pile of to-be-recycled electronics has grown to include 3 computers, 2 printers, plus 3 more boxes of miscellaneous old wires, cables, adapters, ancient cell phones, etc.  Even a standalone caller ID box that probably belongs in a museum.  :D

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #4861 on: June 19, 2017, 09:04:08 AM »
Listed:
- Trumpet vases
- Couch & love seat
- Manzanita branches
- Coffee table
- Small weed whacker
- TSX/Accord brake calipers, rotors, brake pads

To be listed:
- Queen bed set
- Multiple plate sets
- Random OEM 06-11 Civic parts
- Random tools
- Clothes
- too much stuff...

SOLD:
- Car
- Supercharger kit
- Lawn mower
- Fertilizer spreader
- Low profile mechanic's creeper
- Civic shift assembly
- Deep fryer
- Old subwoofer
- Votive candle holders
- 17' Ladder
- Console Table
- Jug of antifreeze
- Civic wheels & tires

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4862 on: June 19, 2017, 09:48:10 AM »
I took down the hideous, ugly, useless, and otherwise I-DO-NOT-WANT-THIS-THING-IN-MY-HOUSE shelving thing that was in the bathroom. Also realized that I couldn't use the microwave in the current house, so it's going away.

Best of all: a family came yesterday and took the swingset from the backyard. They can use it, and I can mow much easier!

And if I can remember, the American flag that was left in the house. I don't fly the flag, because then everyone will get mad at how I'm "disrespecting" it or something. Easier just to not have one.

Waiting for the hazardous waste day in July so I can get rid of the estimated 35-40 cans of paint in the garage.

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4863 on: June 19, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
I had a really productive weekend on the decluttering front! I will give it next weekend too and then schedule another VVA pick-up. I cleared out the following:

-giant bag of clothes from my closet
-partial declutter of bathroom stuff: old makeup, toiletries, etc
-giant bag of old kids clothes, Halloween costumes, bedding from the laundry room. AND re-organized the laundry room, which was super chaotic before.
-cleared off my desk (mostly trash, recycling, shred)
-another pair of shoes my daughter has outgrown
-old sleeping bag that my son has outgrown
-raincoat my son has outgrown
-some toys that my daughter decided are too young for her

I still feel like de-cluttering my house is a never-ending, herculean task. But, I have big plans to do a major home downsize somewhere between 6-13 years. I never, ever again want to be throwing stuff in boxes without actually considering whether I use/need/want to keep all that stuff. I know if I want that to be the case, it needs to be started now and be an ongoing effort.

Oh! I also got my husband to agree that we can get rid of his grandfather's UGLY glasses. They are sitting on a very high shelf in the kitchen, totally out of the way, but I'm jumping on it and those will go soon. Next weekend we'll go through everything on the very high shelves...we never use those things.

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4864 on: June 19, 2017, 10:26:41 AM »
Welcome back! This thread is your legacy, it will outlive us all ;)

Haha, it would be amazing if this thread just went on forever!

Seems like it never ends. My aim is to become a minimalist ever so slowly, so I get used to the declining amount of stuff along the way. Hoping that will shut up the little voice in my head that tells me its OK to bring home "just this one thing."

PS - did I forgot to say thanks for this thread? Limeandpepper, thanks for this thread! I am really enjoying it!

And I am thankful that you (and so many people) are enjoying this thread, reading about everyone's progress really helps encourage me as well! :)

I think doing it gradually is working for me, too. I actually haven't bought much since my 2014 travels + moving house. I knew it wasn't going to be the last time I moved house, so that was a great reminder not to buy unnecessary stuff. Also my boyfriend and I are looking to buy our first home, and we can only afford a small one bedroom apartment, so more incentive again to keep things simple!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4865 on: June 19, 2017, 01:33:06 PM »
Waiting for the hazardous waste day in July so I can get rid of the estimated 35-40 cans of paint in the garage.

Careful of this. If you want to keep ANY of the paint colors in the house, keep those cans! It is infinitely more accurate and easier to match to paint (even if the can is really low) than to try and get a chunk off the walls. Ask me how I know not to throw out those cans... *kicks past self*

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4866 on: June 19, 2017, 02:13:21 PM »
I'm in limbo between big transitions.  I am separating things into categories. 1. Keep forever.  2. Practical, worth storing a year.  3. Practical, not worth storing a year.  4. Use for summer then release.  5. What I need to live for a year.

When the limbo works itself out I know what to do with everything. Until then, I will keep using things and not adding.

Last night I saved a handful of relevant pages and tossed two old notebooks and a small pile of papers.  Getting ready to work my way through school papers from the past two years. 

Tossed a broken keyboard. 

Gathered a pile of books and clothes to take to a friend next week. 

Joining an craft cooperative with a storefront, I've got two boxes of items ready to go there. 

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4867 on: June 19, 2017, 06:06:44 PM »
re: Paint cans. What about identifying the matches now, and just keeping the single page paper record of those?
And paint colour changes with exposure to light, so any paint in the can that is still good is probably not going to match the wall colour anyway.  I do save codes for colours I like so I can use them if I am repainting.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4868 on: June 19, 2017, 06:18:52 PM »
re: Paint cans. What about identifying the matches now, and just keeping the single page paper record of those?
And paint colour changes with exposure to light, so any paint in the can that is still good is probably not going to match the wall colour anyway.  I do save codes for colours I like so I can use them if I am repainting.

Heh, and alkyds (oil paint) actually changes color when they don't get enough light. They yellow in the dark.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4869 on: June 19, 2017, 06:22:05 PM »

Heh, and alkyds (oil paint) actually changes color when they don't get enough light. They yellow in the dark.

Make a sample board/ piece of drywall. A couple coats of primer first then a couple inch swatch of each color. You can label it with the codes too. If you do this at the same time as you paint it might age at a similar rate.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4870 on: June 20, 2017, 02:38:55 AM »
Pregnancy, whilst wonderful, is really ruining my efforts to have a clutter-free house! I've been given lots of maternity clothes, for which I am so grateful. But they are in a huge range of sizes (which is great, I don't know where I'll end up) and I feel like I need to keep them all to see which will be useful.

On top of that, my regular clothes are slowly becoming unwearable, but obviously I'm not just going to throw them out. So I need to pack all those up. So far I've come up with the idea of using two suitcases we have (since we are not going away again until after I am due).

The largest suitcase will hold winter clothes (as they are bulky) that I might be able to wear this winter, post-partum. The smaller suitcase will hold clothes that might fit again next summer. Hopefully that means I won't be as overwhelmed when I unpack them with two new babies to care for.

I just need to get my act together and start packing those things up. That will free hangers for the maternity clothes. But 1) it seems to be tempting fate. I know that's ridiculous, but it's how I feel 2) it makes this pregnancy seem very real! 3) I am soooo tired I just can't be bothered. But stepping over piles of clothes each day is stressing me out.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4871 on: June 20, 2017, 08:53:37 AM »

Careful of this. If you want to keep ANY of the paint colors in the house, keep those cans! It is infinitely more accurate and easier to match to paint (even if the can is really low) than to try and get a chunk off the walls. Ask me how I know not to throw out those cans... *kicks past self*

Even if I wanted the colors (which I don't), they're in the uninsulated garage. Alternate freezing and cooking, plus most it wasn't good paint to begin with. I will be keeping the cans from what I use of course.

As it is, everything needs to be repainted - walls, trim, ceilings, closets, in every room. This is not a short term project!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4872 on: June 20, 2017, 08:55:29 AM »
Pregnancy, whilst wonderful, is really ruining my efforts to have a clutter-free house! I've been given lots of maternity clothes, for which I am so grateful. But they are in a huge range of sizes (which is great, I don't know where I'll end up) and I feel like I need to keep them all to see which will be useful.

On top of that, my regular clothes are slowly becoming unwearable, but obviously I'm not just going to throw them out. So I need to pack all those up. So far I've come up with the idea of using two suitcases we have (since we are not going away again until after I am due).

The largest suitcase will hold winter clothes (as they are bulky) that I might be able to wear this winter, post-partum. The smaller suitcase will hold clothes that might fit again next summer. Hopefully that means I won't be as overwhelmed when I unpack them with two new babies to care for.

I just need to get my act together and start packing those things up. That will free hangers for the maternity clothes. But 1) it seems to be tempting fate. I know that's ridiculous, but it's how I feel 2) it makes this pregnancy seem very real! 3) I am soooo tired I just can't be bothered. But stepping over piles of clothes each day is stressing me out.

Ask a friend to help? Then you get good company too.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4873 on: June 20, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »
Ask a friend to help? Then you get good company too.

That's such a good idea Sibley, thank you! I've had so many people say, "Please call me if there's anything I can do to help!", and I'm like, ugh, I just lie about on the sofa and feel sick, there's not much you can do - but this is something! I have a couple of good friends who would pack things into suitcases at my direction whilst I lay on the bed and think nothing of it. Yay!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4874 on: June 20, 2017, 10:32:24 AM »

Even if I wanted the colors (which I don't), they're in the uninsulated garage. Alternate freezing and cooking, plus most it wasn't good paint to begin with. I will be keeping the cans from what I use of course.

As it is, everything needs to be repainted - walls, trim, ceilings, closets, in every room. This is not a short term project!

Oh man. In that case, chuck away!

Are you planning (or doing) a journal of the updates? I would love to follow along. I eventually need to repaint, since EVERYTHING in this house was done matte and so is scuffed up, but it's such a huge project and it's been pretty far down the list.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #4875 on: June 20, 2017, 03:08:15 PM »
Even latex paint stored in basement changes colour in a relatively short time.  Walls painted a couple of years ago are a completely different shade than the wardrobe painted last summer.  Bugs my hub every time we sit in the living room together.

Debts_of_Despair

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4876 on: June 20, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »
Broken dehumidifier placed at curb during large trash week.  Picked up by a scrapper in less than 15 min.  It's out of my house, won't go in a landfill and the scrapper made a few bucks. Win-win-win!

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4877 on: June 21, 2017, 06:35:34 AM »
Broken dehumidifier placed at curb during large trash week.  Picked up by a scrapper in less than 15 min.  It's out of my house, won't go in a landfill and the scrapper made a few bucks. Win-win-win!

We had large trash week a few weeks ago.  Only a bit of my hill of stuff got picked, but a lot of my neighbor's mountain got picked!

We are low density rural, but things put out on the edge of the road disappear fast.  For larger stuff it is the perfect disposal. I don't have to drive it to a donation site, I just have to get it to the end of the driveway. 

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4878 on: June 21, 2017, 07:20:36 AM »

Are you planning (or doing) a journal of the updates? I would love to follow along. I eventually need to repaint, since EVERYTHING in this house was done matte and so is scuffed up, but it's such a huge project and it's been pretty far down the list.

I have not planned to do a journal here. I've been doing some stuff on Facebook, but with work and general life, am tackling things in manageable pieces. Right now, been focused on just the high priority stuff. Working from home today while the gutter guys replace my completely nonfunctional gutters, and hopefully they can look at the roof where I've got some fresh water damage and apply appropriate sealing (I'm guessing its flashing). Otherwise, will have to find someone to take care of that, because I can't get on the roof.

But I'm sure there will be occasional "what the heck do I do with x" posts.

Re repainting everything - one room at a time. Ceilings, walls, then trim.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4879 on: June 21, 2017, 08:59:02 AM »

I have not planned to do a journal here. I've been doing some stuff on Facebook, but with work and general life, am tackling things in manageable pieces. Right now, been focused on just the high priority stuff. Working from home today while the gutter guys replace my completely nonfunctional gutters, and hopefully they can look at the roof where I've got some fresh water damage and apply appropriate sealing (I'm guessing its flashing). Otherwise, will have to find someone to take care of that, because I can't get on the roof.

But I'm sure there will be occasional "what the heck do I do with x" posts.

Re repainting everything - one room at a time. Ceilings, walls, then trim.

Ah well, I'll live vicariously through someone else's renovations, haha. I just like when mustachians do renos, because I can see how they balance cost/time/effort/etc.

The problem with the painting plan... we have a big open floor plan design, with tall ceilings, that's all one color through living room/dining nook/kitchen, then another all through entry/hallways. Each of those respective colors would take a good... 5-10 cans of paint. LOTS of space. =o So tackling those will be a huge project.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4880 on: June 21, 2017, 12:33:40 PM »
The problem with the painting plan... we have a big open floor plan design, with tall ceilings, that's all one color through living room/dining nook/kitchen, then another all through entry/hallways. Each of those respective colors would take a good... 5-10 cans of paint. LOTS of space. =o So tackling those will be a huge project.

If you are going to do it all in a short time period, you can buy big cans* of paint - like about 4-5 gallons?  That is what I bought when I painted the whole basement.  If one will do everything you also don't have to worry about little colour differences from can to can.

*really a big plastic container with a lid

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4881 on: June 21, 2017, 01:48:38 PM »

If you are going to do it all in a short time period, you can buy big cans* of paint - like about 4-5 gallons?  That is what I bought when I painted the whole basement.  If one will do everything you also don't have to worry about little colour differences from can to can.

*really a big plastic container with a lid

That's good to know, although I more meant it as a size estimate... I can mentally picture how much space I can cover with a can of paint, but translate that into something like square feet? Shrugs, I'm at a loss then, haha.

SuperSaver

• Stubble
« Reply #4882 on: June 21, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »
Just donated my old kitchen trashcan, my old stick vac, giant stock pot, and a Rubbermaid tote full of stuff to Goodwill. I have been listening to my free audiobook of Marie Kondo's book and reading Francine Jay's The Joy of Less book. I really want to move towards minimalism.

limeandpepper

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4883 on: June 21, 2017, 09:48:08 PM »
New here but this thread got me moving!!!

I currently have 31 items listed on ebay and several (~30) more to put on. Have given away several items that I have just been holding onto for years. Since I moved back from out-of-state I let it all pile up in the attic. In about another month or so I will have sold or given away well over 100 items that we never use.

Some of the larger items that are still good for use I brought to work for us to use as a community and to save money...
THREE! Yes three Weber grills. We now grill out in the shop for lunch sometimes.
Gas pressure washer.
Several dozen large bins from all the items I've cleaned out.
Extra tools from small items to large.

Great work, and welcome! That's an impressive start!!

Trifle

• Walrus Stache
    • In The Garden
« Reply #4884 on: June 22, 2017, 05:33:59 AM »
Finally sold a bike I've had listed for over two months.  Yay!

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4885 on: June 22, 2017, 08:29:16 PM »
Finally, I dug up a pile of ~30 old college textbooks and started trying to assess the value.  As expected, most were worthless.  But around 10 had values ranging from $10-$40.  So I need to figure out whether it's worth it to try selling some or all on half.com, etc.  My local library won't take them until the next book sale in ~6 months.

I got around to posting a couple dozen of these old textbooks both on the local FB sell group and CraigsList.  The ones that are > $10 (according to bookscouter.com) I'm going to list on half.com.  If nobody bites, I'll cut my asking price in half after a week or two.  If there are still any left after that, then I don't think I'll feel bad about just recycling them.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4886 on: June 23, 2017, 10:57:56 AM »
Finally we have found a buyer for our second racer bike that is for sale. He is coming any moment and paid in advance.

Bird In Hand

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4887 on: June 23, 2017, 08:28:25 PM »
We continued the basement purge.  Brought a minivan full of stuff to The Goodwill tonight -- our biggest load yet.  Toys, books, more toys, clothing, pictures, decorations, kitchen appliances, and yet more toys.

Also recycled an old, ginormous window A/C unit and several large bags of financial/sensitive documents (now shredded) that we've been hauling around for 15 years, and threw away a broken fan and heater.

I feel like we're becoming addicted to removing all the cruft from our house.  Is that a thing?

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4888 on: June 23, 2017, 09:08:05 PM »
Wow, it took almost a week to find someone to take a free pair of snow skis & poles!  I though they would go faster.  But glad to have them gone.  Next up: hard drives.

Blissful Biker

• Bristles
« Reply #4889 on: June 23, 2017, 10:55:54 PM »
This thread is inspiring.  I did a big purge 3 years ago but as I look around there is still more stuff that can go.  Time to get after it!

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4890 on: June 24, 2017, 12:03:31 AM »

Oops, forgot to mention that my pile of to-be-recycled electronics has grown to include 3 computers, 2 printers, plus 3 more boxes of miscellaneous old wires, cables, adapters, ancient cell phones, etc.  Even a standalone caller ID box that probably belongs in a museum.  :D

DH just took 6 pc's and a printer to be recycled last week.   At $2k each, that is a lot of money we have spent over the years....   He even kept a couple that aren't used currently, it wasn't everything.

I sold 2 bikes on craigs list, and then helped DH buy a new bike that fits, that should be good for use for 10-15 years.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:08:25 AM by Goldielocks »

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4891 on: June 24, 2017, 04:20:54 AM »
My DH is obviously inspired by my thoughts of getting rid of stuff. He has promised a 16 year old boy that we know his old salmon fishing rod, that he will pick up tomorrow. We know the boy loves the outdoors and fishing and spends all summers beside a good salmon river. It will get a better use now.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4892 on: June 24, 2017, 04:36:03 AM »
Had a break from decluttering while learning how to parent a newborn. Today I got back on the horse by listing six items on Buy Nothing. Feels good!

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4893 on: June 24, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »
Managed to get hack through some of the garage yesterday before it got stupidly hot (high was 100+, with high humidity)

One big garbage bag (lawn bag size) in the trash, half the recycling bin filled up, stuff out at the curb: Scrap wood, bent kid's bike frame (stripped for parts for a project), wicker basket and an ancient wooden smoking stand that I am certain has lead paint on it.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #4894 on: June 24, 2017, 04:53:28 PM »
Gone:
<stuff>
skis
new: fleece fabric scrap - made 3 kitty pads (simply cut into shape) and a liner for my bike basket

Almost gone:
hard drives - got one hooked up; I think I did a good job of getting the files of this one, now just need to look at the newer one which will probably need a lot of files moved over before it can go

Priority to move out next:
stability ball
paper monster
bike
too-fancy knitting purse/handbag
added: tennis racket
added: bike shoes
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:23:31 AM by oneday »

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4895 on: June 25, 2017, 03:46:24 AM »
Parents are in the process of building a new house, so I've started decluttering my room there.

I cleared it out fairly well after leaving home, but over the last few years I've taken home clothes, books, toiletries, etc. This is a good opportunity to review what I keep there.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4896 on: June 25, 2017, 09:50:58 AM »
I'm selling about a shelf's worth of books today.

On vacation, I bought a necklace and an anklet that I really like. I think I'm still good on the decluttering balance. :)

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4897 on: June 25, 2017, 01:21:12 PM »
Ok, I've got a confession to make, and some work to do to correct the situation, lol.  I posted a year or so back that I had sorted through all my fishing gear and found (to my surprise and horror) that I was the owner of 17 fishing rods.  To de-clutter I sold most of them at auction and a garage sale along with a couple of extra tackle boxes, but in the process found out that fishing gear can sell for a fair bit of money even when well used.  So for the last year or so, every time I find cheap fishing gear at garage sales, I've bought it with the intention to drop off at auction... except I haven't actually sorted through them and done that yet... and now I've added up how many fishing rods I've got... and it's 28 :/
De-clutter fail. 

lemanfan

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4898 on: June 25, 2017, 01:26:44 PM »
De-clutter fail.

But not yet fail on side hustle. :)

JAYSLOL

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4899 on: June 25, 2017, 01:32:15 PM »
De-clutter fail.

But not yet fail on side hustle. :)

Hopefully not!!  Otherwise it's a double fail!!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!