Author Topic: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!  (Read 1850030 times)

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
Re: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!
« Reply #4700 on: May 03, 2017, 11:39:26 AM »
I have thown away more food, something I hardly ever do. Three portions of froozen leftovers. Two of them two years over the original storage date. One portion without any date at all, but probably old as well, who would know...

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4701 on: May 03, 2017, 11:46:11 AM »
So, for the parents out there, an idea. Looking back, I think my mom did this with us.

Go through stuff, make a list, box it up, and put it in the closet. Kid may or may not be aware of this, use judgement. Then, 6 months later or whatever seems appropriate, if it hasn't been missed you can just get rid of it.

My mom would drop of boxes of stuff at Salvation Army when I was a kid, and in retrospect I suspect they were outgrown toys and clothes that we might have had a fit over.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4702 on: May 03, 2017, 01:29:40 PM »
I must have posted early on in this thread as it is in my followed list.  I'm ready now to do a major purge.  This is the summer of the purge.

I live in an older Class A motor home.  I also have a 10' x 20' storage unit.  I am in the same town as my storage unit now for the summer, and I need to make a huge dent in the amount of stuff I have.  I am now settled finally in a living situation that I feel I'll occupy for a long time, the Class A.  I'm ok having a storage unit somewhere as well, but not that large of one, so stuffed that I don't even know where the things I would actually use might be located.

Paper is a major issue, many bankers boxes of files that I think I filled when I moved about 10 years ago.  I'm working my way back to them, as I'm going through and shredding the smaller boxes and bags of papers I accumulated since then.  I've been making progress on this, as well as keeping up with the incoming papers, for the past month.  This morning I shredded or tossed several folders of stuff.

I also have a bunch of stuff to use up.  Large sizes of cleaning products, multiples of things like soap and shampoo.  I've been using these up for the past year, since I moved into the first motor home (I moved from a smaller Class C that was 30 yo to a larger Class A that is 20 yo).  It is a work in progress.

I've been reading this thread almost every day.  It has help when I'm uninspired.  I know that along with issues of health and debt, my greatest regret in my life so far is how I've lugged just so much stuff around with me.

NoraLenderbee

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4703 on: May 03, 2017, 03:06:03 PM »
Backpack (for backpacking) that sat in the basement for the last 13 years was donated to the universe last weekend. Unfortunately, the Universe did not want the old skis that I tried to donate also.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #4704 on: May 03, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »
Apart from identity documents and similar things, you could scan your papers and shred the originals. It's time consuming tho and I haven't done it myself. The approach I've taken is to register to get all bills etc electronically, then dispose of any I need to keep for tax after 7 yrs. In 7 yrs I'll have v little paper.

I like "The Summer of the Purge".

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4705 on: May 03, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »
jooniflorisploo: I haven't tried the payment approach with the kids yet, but I'll consider it if it comes to that. Two of the kids are perfectly willing to let go of things they don't use anymore, and the third is making progress. She definitely doesn't have the "remembers everything" trait that yours does (and I do too), so I often do what Sibley recommended: boxing things up and removing them first to the garage and then for good, and not once has anyone missed anything.

The biggest hurdle is that no one else is willing to help with any of it. So, I have a family of five and a big house full of all the crap trappings of "standard suburbia", and I'm trying to tackle it alone, with a full-time job. It is SLOW going. My husband is also one of those "save in case we need it someday" types, although he's coming around with FIRE becoming a goal, and downsizing is a big part of our plan. Fortunately I have you all for motivation and support!

albireo13

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4706 on: May 03, 2017, 04:59:33 PM »
Our local Goodwill gives receipts that are signed but, otherwise blank.
Motivation for tax deductions!   : )

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4707 on: May 04, 2017, 11:23:11 AM »
I went through 3 folders of papers from a job I left in 2009.  The initial paperwork and such was a large part of it.  I'm maybe 1/3 through the container of papers labeled with that companies name.  I did that in an organizing effort a few years ago.  I worked as a contractor to the US military, so I felt that I needed to keep the documents for...  awhile.  Not any more.  I shredded most of it so far, threw away the insurance company brochures.

Most of what needed to be scanned has been scanned.  These papers left are not things that I need to scan.  They just need to be gone.  However, most of it needs to be shredded as it has information that shouldn't get out of my control.  So I think.  I have a heavy duty paper shredder.  I've been doing this for awhile now.

I also attempted to guilt trip my best friend into declaring it 'our' summer of purge.  She laughed.

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4708 on: May 04, 2017, 11:27:34 AM »
Daughter's boyfriend is getting a cat and asked if I had any spare "cat things".  I sure do!  He is picking up a litter box, a pet bed, a scratcher and a couple of small toys from me today :-)

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4709 on: May 04, 2017, 06:01:34 PM »
Gave away a backpack to a student. :)

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4710 on: May 04, 2017, 07:33:13 PM »
Scanned and went through paper collected over a month. Most of it is shredded now and the rest filed away. Used up some food before it expired. Sadly had to throw some fruit since it went bad before I could get to it.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #4711 on: May 04, 2017, 08:26:02 PM »
*snip*
Most of what needed to be scanned has been scanned.  These papers left are not things that I need to scan.  They just need to be gone.  However, most of it needs to be shredded as it has information that shouldn't get out of my control.  So I think.  I have a heavy duty paper shredder.  I've been doing this for awhile now.
*snip*

In my area, there is a senior identity theft prevention effort that has been going for a while where the local towns encourage seniors to bring old documents to be shredded for free.  If you have anything similar locally, you might be able to get a huge quantity shredded at once for free or cheaply.  Alternatively, maybe burn them?

jordanread

« Reply #4712 on: May 04, 2017, 08:56:00 PM »
Check your bank as well. Mine offers free shredding once a week at one of their branches.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4713 on: May 05, 2017, 03:52:25 AM »
I have a turkey pan in my kitchen cupboard, while I have never cooked a whole turkey. I had plans to clear it out. Now my colleague said she wouldn't mind getting it. I just asked if she also wanted to receive my almost unused plush moose (big children's play thing) and she wants that as well for her youngest child. That will clear out nicely and I don't have to throw away thing that others can use.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4714 on: May 05, 2017, 10:48:27 AM »
Regarding the bulk shredders, see my comment about 'control'.  I have a nice shredder, and I have it where it is easy to get to now.  It is the going through the papers, not the shredding that takes time for me.  I have shredded the papers and receipts from my move the WA back in early 2009 before coffee this morning.  Gee, the money I spent on that move, most of it reimbursed.  Gots to get rid of stuff.  I'm tired of driving moving trucks across the country.  I moved my stuff multiple times (in 24' moving trucks) and Mom's a couple of times.  Summer of the Purge!

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #4715 on: May 05, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »
Car is SOLD.  Of course I still need to collect payment but buyer is coming to pick it up (and pay) tomorrow.

Now onto listing an item a day.  I've been lazy and anxious while trying to sell the car and fielding inquiries about it.  I will go into rapid-fire mode over the weekend now that the car will be gone.  Also, the nice weather is definitely helping with motivation.

Next up:
- Gas lawn mower
- Manual push mower
- More car parts...

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4716 on: May 06, 2017, 08:01:14 AM »
I returned a borrowed book yesterday and will return another today. I've got a few more to go through, but one of them is Anna Kerenina, so that may take a while. :p

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4717 on: May 08, 2017, 10:18:25 AM »
Wow, what a productive weekend!

My mom was down Saturday (we have a complicated relationship, so this is always stressful), and she took a bunch of stuff she wants to sell on ebay that I was just going to donate, so that was a good start.

Then, yesterday, it rained ALL day. My youngest, who is usually the one that doesn't want to get rid of anything, decided she was done playing with the "little people" toys, and we boxed them ALL up and gave them to our neighbor with a younger daughter. Then she really got on a roll and we went through all of her clothes, a bunch of stuffed animals, etc. She goes to kindergarten in the fall and has been very motivated lately to be a "big girl" so I finally had her buy in, without any prodding even. It was shocking. I didn't expect her to be the one pushing to go through and clear stuff out, but I took it and ran with it! We also cleared out a small rocking chair and trampoline that she previously didn't want to let go of, so that was big.

I went through a random box of my old "stuff" too, and now have a huge pile of stuff for VVA to pick up Friday!

We still have TOO.MUCH.STUFF...but a little less than we did before!

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4718 on: May 08, 2017, 02:33:04 PM »
I agreed to transport some art for a friend.  Never again!  It has taken weeks for the stranger on the other end of the deal to bother to pick it up. I had to move it just to get into my clothing shelf and my sewing shelf. So happy to have it gone!

Melted some crystallized honey today so I can use it up and finished up several small sewing projects over the weekend.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4719 on: May 09, 2017, 01:34:18 AM »
Yesterday I noticed that one of the grocery stores in my town has a gotten a bookshelf for book-exchange. This is a place where I can dump my excess books.

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4720 on: May 09, 2017, 11:02:24 AM »
Three bags of stuff to donation, and three pieces of furniture promised to a friend.  It is a start.  I'm taking some personal items of a friend's up to her on a trip I'm taking in my class a motor home.  She was a snowbird and can no longer come down and live on her own.  It was the start of clearing out her mobile home down here.  She is not happy.  She is 91 and I have to remember to walk softly as she really isn't ready to let go of that part of her life.  Going through her extremely neat closets and drawers looking for papers and personal items (with her son's permission) made me realize again that I need to get my stuff sorted and pared way down. I'm 62 now, but at some point someone else will have to go through and get rid of what is left.  I want to make that an easy task.  Now, if my Mom would just stop giving me stuff as she gets her own apartment in order...

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4721 on: May 09, 2017, 02:59:50 PM »
Dropped off a box of cups and saucers we never use, plus some odd plates, etc. at Goodwill.  Also a tennis racket I was given - I don't play tennis!  I have another bag almost full of clothing and books, and that will go at the end of the week.   We are thinking of selling the house in the next year, and there is so much to get rid of!  I am not paying to move this stuff.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4722 on: May 09, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »
Cleared out more baby clothes. Also added a pair of shoes from husband to the donation pile. It just keeps comin'

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #4723 on: May 09, 2017, 09:01:47 PM »
Went through my closet again. Every few months I do a pass and pull out a few things I know I haven't worn in years and I would not buy again because it doesn't suit me.  Long, cautious process, but so far I don't regret anything that I've donated.

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #4724 on: May 10, 2017, 02:47:14 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for encouraging a reluctant husband to clear some clutter? I have done so much but the house is still full of a lot of his stuff.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #4725 on: May 10, 2017, 03:02:17 AM »
Does anyone have any tips for encouraging a reluctant husband to clear some clutter? I have done so much but the house is still full of a lot of his stuff.

Hmmm, not really, but I have had small wins but making sure like is stored with like. So when he sees just how many e.g rubber bands we have, he doesn't feel the need to save more when they come into the house. Also, the one in, one out rule - you bought a new shirt so we need to throw out a ragged one. When things are stored in logical places and neatly it doesn't bug me as much.

Something I need to work on is this idea that he must wear different kit each time he exercises and can't be seen in the same thing on consecutive meetups and therefore needs XX sets. No idea why.. I have two of each thing - wash one, wear one.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4726 on: May 10, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »
Finally posted a lovely, but not at all practical, wedding present on Buy Nothing. One less thing in the cupboard!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4727 on: May 10, 2017, 06:49:59 AM »

Is giving the good example doesn't work, then give him his one room to stuff as full as he likes and then keep his stuff out of the other rooms.  Than at lest it is not all over the place and you don't need to look at it. Presuming that you have this extra room.

FireHiker

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4728 on: May 10, 2017, 12:07:16 PM »

I struggle with this one too. My husband is the king of "but I might need it someday". I try to focus on the things I CAN control (my stuff, communal stuff, working with the kids on their stuff). I also try to keep focus on the WHY behind it. For us, we have a too-big house, and we will downsize to a much smaller house in a lower cost of living area that we prefer (somewhere with mountains and trees) in retirement. Also, we both like to travel, and having too much stuff weighs us down, and reduces the desirability of being able to someday rent out our eventual home on airbnb. Reminding him that we are downsizing the stuff NOW so it will make things easier eventually helps some.

I also second the idea of making it as easy for him as possible. My husband will never go through things himself, so I tend to present him with objects and focus the discussion (ie, do we REALLY need 4 of x when we only use the one good one, you haven't worn this item in 10 years, do we really need it?). Finally, I itemize everything in It's Deductible, so he can see the tax impact at tax time, and that helps too.

It is a slow battle though, and I have had only limited success. I'll take slow progress over non though.

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #4729 on: May 10, 2017, 08:36:41 PM »
Thank you got all the answers.

I struggle with this one too. My husband is the king of "but I might need it someday".

That is my husband too.

The only advice I have is to make the process as easy as possible for him because you're the one who truly wants the stuff out.  For my husband, I had him make a pile of the stuff and then I itemized and donated everything.  I was so happy to have the stuff out of the house!

Yes he doesn't see the mess like I do.

Rowellen, I was able to help five adult family members to release stuff by offering them cash outright, or to buy a replacement if they were to EVER regret the release. No one has ever taken me up on the latter, and everyone ultimately became minimalists, doing it themselves.

Good idea. Might be worth a try. All our money is joint so it might not be quite so effective lol.

I think a large part of it is that he is busy, tired and simply doesn't care as much as I do. Also the thought of starting may be a bit overwhelming.

I did have some success recently with recipe books. We have a few that we always use so I knew what we should get rid of. He actually did agree to donate some that had belonged to his parents as he recognized they were unhealthy and out of date so that's a win.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4730 on: May 10, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »
Listed five things on Buy Nothing today. Most of what I post on there is actually unwanted presents which is a bit sad... I'd be very happy not to receive presents in the first place, but if you must give me novelty soap, I reserve the right to pass it on to someone who actually wants it.

Big task on my agenda for today and tomorrow is cleaning out all our paper clutter in the study. We've let it become a bit of a tip.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4731 on: May 11, 2017, 04:49:57 AM »
With reluctant husbands, I just focussed on my own stuff. I had tried to have him get rid of old t-shirts etc for YEARS. When I decided to declutter, I took Marie Kondo's advice and just did my own stuff.

Even though I'd been telling myself he was a huge part of the problem, actually, when I really really pared down my stuff, it made a huge difference. It was also amazing how much simpler our lives became, how much easier it was to clean and so on. DH couldn't help but see this, and, most importantly, see the huge improvement it brought.

Slowly (without my prompting, which would have made him get defensive, I think) he just started offering stuff up as I was decluttering. I made sure to have the 'donate' box clearly marked, and he just started putting stuff in it. The more we did, and the more our lives improved, the more he wanted to get rid of stuff.

So, lead by example. It's hard to keep your mouth shut, but, for me at least, it really worked.

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #4732 on: May 11, 2017, 07:17:53 AM »
Car is SOLD.  Of course I still need to collect payment but buyer is coming to pick it up (and pay) tomorrow.

Now onto listing an item a day.  I've been lazy and anxious while trying to sell the car and fielding inquiries about it.  I will go into rapid-fire mode over the weekend now that the car will be gone.  Also, the nice weather is definitely helping with motivation.

Next up:
- Gas lawn mower
- Manual push mower
- More car parts...

Sold the mower - now I'm certain I listed it too low as I got about 8-10 queries the first day and the first person paid asking price.  I only got one low-ball offer which is amazing for craigslist.
Sold a mechanic's creeper - also got loads of interest.

Now onto more things:
- Set of brake calipers and rotors for an Acura TSX/ Honda Accord
- OEM parts from my sold car
- Fertilizer spreader
- Couch Set
- Bed Set
- TV Stand
- Console & coffee table
- still need to prep for garage sale

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4733 on: May 11, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »
Three pieces of furniture gone to friend who was actually able to fit them into his car on his way through town.  We both noted that a lot of the clutter in the storage unit is actually empty containers and totes.  I'm hanging onto them for now to pack stuff from the larger totes into as I pare down.  It is a process.  I am making progress, though.

Told my Mom NOT to buy me ANYTHING.  She enjoys thrift store shopping, and since she doesn't need much herself now she buys for me. ARRRRGGGGG!

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4734 on: May 11, 2017, 06:38:06 PM »
Former students are coming by this weekend to take all the excess furniture from my garage. Yay!

Once that's done, it's really just going to be a matter of maintaining a balance of what comes in with what goes out. :)

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4735 on: May 12, 2017, 11:44:54 AM »
This is my last weekend available to pack before moving, and the weather is finally warming up. I plan to swap clothes  out and cull as I go, start packing the kitchen, take down all the pictures and get them ready to move, and whatever else I can do. The more I do this weekend, the less I have to do later.

I've got a few things set aside for goodwill, but I'm sure I'll be adding to it.

I'll be acquiring some things as well for the new house. My parents have a full workbench worth of tools and stuff, and 90% of it doesn't get used anymore. Just clutters up their house. I've convinced them (mostly my dad, mom is cool) to give me everything since I'll need stuff. I can declutter what I don't need. But a decent amount of it I actually do need, so saving me money.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4736 on: May 12, 2017, 05:28:35 PM »
The big bookshelf is out of my room and in the patio for tomorrow's pickup. My room looks so spacious now!

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4737 on: May 13, 2017, 12:15:48 AM »
Sold the second baby fence...for $15 more than I paid.

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4738 on: May 13, 2017, 04:01:55 PM »
Giant lego collection

Okay, I guess I'm going against the spirit of the thread - but I could really use Lego that anyone would be tossing. I spent hours today building Lego with my 3 (almost 4) year old at an open build event - I do have my old ones he's been playing with a lot, but it's really not that many.

ObDeclutter:

Tossed 3 shirts I don't need into the Goodwill box
Repackaged one mis-ordered car part for Amazon return
Cleared out the pile of empty Amazon boxes.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4739 on: May 13, 2017, 07:36:15 PM »
I got rid of my king mattress today in under an hour from posting it on for sale site. I got $60 which was way better than the $20 I thought I'd have to spend to drop it at the dump and to bribe my neighbor to let me borrow his truck.

I also went through my maternity clothes and but half of them in the Goodwill box which will go to Goodwill on Monday. I can't sell them because most of them were given to me free.

Went through newborn clothes and picked a few things to get rid of (they are so cute...it's hard to let go..what if I have another?) But those haven't sold yet.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4740 on: May 13, 2017, 07:59:19 PM »
Finally some big progress today! Dealt with a TON of stuff that was just... ugh! We decluttered the main areas of our life years ago, but it is so easy for small things to be left unaddressed- things like my chaotic drawer of nails/picture hang hooks and wire/command hooks/greeting cards/stamps/check books. WTH, right? So we split them, moved all the 'home DIY' type stuff to a more sensible room, and now the cards and envelopes have their very own office drawer =) Other stuff:
-Add and label some new hanging files, so I could deal with some misc. papers that had accumulated
-Sort through our 'go station' by the door. Scan business cards that had accumulated, get rid of old keys that don't apply anymore, etc.
-Cord boxes/old tech. This was a big one, and still ongoing, but way better than it was.

Happy to be making progress! Crazy how a house with mainly empty drawers and cupboards in most rooms can STILL have a ton of random stuff that needs tended. It all took like 5 hours!

TomTX

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4741 on: May 14, 2017, 05:33:35 AM »
I'm at my most difficult level now.
Well, every layer is the most difficult, if we use the approach of culling the low-hanging fruit first.

But today I did some internal processing to see if I could open to letting more go, then felt truly able indeed.
Released some papers I've carried around for a number of years.
Some of it surprised me, as it seemed like it could have easily gone ages ago.

Congratulations!

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4742 on: May 14, 2017, 05:50:49 AM »
Giant lego collection

Okay, I guess I'm going against the spirit of the thread - but I could really use Lego that anyone would be tossing. I spent hours today building Lego with my 3 (almost 4) year old at an open build event - I do have my old ones he's been playing with a lot, but it's really not that many.
Yeah -- Legos never lose their value, as far as I can tell. Once kids are big enough not to eat them, they all go for the Legos amongst my kid-entertainment options. I've got three bins of them leftover from my childhood, and I haven't even considered getting rid of them.

Yesterday's removal wasn't perfect: the couch and file cabinet went, but no one had a vehicle big enough for the bookshelves, so they're still here. I'm just about at the point where I'm going to put them on the curb.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4743 on: May 14, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »
Got rid of 8 scarves , 2 winter hats, a bottle of downy wrinkle releaser I've had for years and never used, a dog water bowl, and a stack of priority mail envelopes... All are out on the porch for buy nothing group pick ups.

Also threw out 9 cheap gloves that were without mates. I wear mismatched, but I have tons so it isn't necessary to keep them!

The mud room is nearly cleaned now. It's taken all day to do a 2 hour job because of the 7 week old who keeps attaching herself to me :). I sadly had NO nesting instinct while pregnant, and NOW really want a clean house.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4744 on: May 14, 2017, 05:36:13 PM »
A whole heap of stuff left my house yesterday thanks to Buy Nothing.

I'm also slowly working my way through our paper clutter - I'm hand shredding, so it takes forever but is quite pleasant to do while watching TV.

The study, which is/was our problem room, is starting to look much better.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4745 on: May 15, 2017, 01:55:37 AM »
It's not going fast with selling our stuff on finn.no, which is the Norwegian equivalent of GL. We still have 1 racing bike for sale and my time trial cycling helmet.

In the meantime my DH is trying to take up an old hobby of his, wind surfing, which he did about 25 years ago. He brought home from his father's house: his old board, an old sail, an old floating vest, mast foot, boom. He found out that the old sail didn't work and bought a newer second hand one (10 years old). He is also buying a lot of other stuff second hand or new to replace the old things that are rotten away, like the mast foot and a new mast. So our garage is filling up with additional stuff. And he hasn't even tried it out yet. I think it will end up with the board being to light for his current body weight (he weights 25 kgs more now than last time he surfed) and he might sink. Maybe we can sell the stuff again then.

starjay

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4746 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:20 AM »
I finally got my boyfriend on board with getting rid of stuff! He started his own "donate" box in his office to start purging. This is a big step for him, so I'm excited!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4747 on: May 15, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »
Packed up a ton of stuff this weekend for the move. Dropped off a couple bags to Goodwill, and I've got a few things on ebay/craigslist. The item on craigslist will be dumped at the curb when I move if it hasn't sold, will cart the ebay stuff to the new house if it hasn't sold. May drop the price a bunch to encourage it - I just want it gone.

I'm running out of boxes though, will stop by the liquor store and ask if they have any.

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4748 on: May 15, 2017, 10:50:30 AM »
Cleaned out my filing cabinet and condensed the important things into my two small accordion filing folder thingies. The rest is getting shredded today! Filing cabinet and all the spare notebooks and things are on their way to my brother's house this weekend!

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4749 on: May 15, 2017, 11:15:40 AM »
I don't know if I posted that I got rid of almost all my maternity clothes.

Also threw away two bags of trash from bedroom drawers.