Author Topic: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!  (Read 1850116 times)

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!
« Reply #4450 on: February 14, 2017, 03:39:04 PM »
When I got rid of 2015 things in 2015 I did have a chart and I marked off each item. It was so satisfying and motivating, and I'm sure you feel the same!

Stealing this idea.

I've been using a whiteboard to track the number of items I get rid of each week, but tallying what I dispose of throughout the year definitely appeals to me.

I just made up my own chart. Now to get decluttering!

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4451 on: February 14, 2017, 07:08:40 PM »
I gave away four travel books to students and threw away some travel memorabilia (museum maps and such).

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4452 on: February 15, 2017, 12:42:46 AM »
Just had a thought...

In homage to The Minimalist Mom's "1 in, 2 out" series, I've decided to print two copies of my chart: one for items brought into the home (excluding consumables like food, toiletries and cleaning supplies), and one for items I declutter.

It's not like I'm out shopping every month, but there can be a bit of an influx of work-related bits and pieces, so I'm curious to see if there is a net reduction.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4453 on: February 15, 2017, 01:34:28 AM »
I got rid of a floor lamp, it tilts to one side and it collects dust, so it can go!

sw1tch

• Bristles
« Reply #4454 on: February 15, 2017, 08:11:32 AM »
Just putting this here as my goal:

Get rid of as much stuff as possible to be capable of moving cross-country in a Prius while maybe pulling a small trailer.  This would include myself and my wife so double the de-cluttering.

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4455 on: February 15, 2017, 10:27:46 AM »
Sold some yarn on CL for $10 - I had it listed for a long time with no takers and was ready to finally just donate it, but a buyer materialized yesterday :-)  She was very grateful for it and I was happy to know that the yarn was going to someone who will actually use it.  Win win!

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4456 on: February 15, 2017, 11:46:01 AM »
Took a box of bits and pieces to the charity shop this lunchtime, and found a hedgehog rescue that will take some unwanted dog food.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #4457 on: February 15, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »
Took a box of bits and pieces to the charity shop this lunchtime, and found a hedgehog rescue that will take some unwanted dog food.

I am delighted there is such a place as a hedgehog rescue!

ariapluscat

• Bristles
« Reply #4458 on: February 15, 2017, 12:32:30 PM »
i'm making a promise to the internet to actually pack up and take out the junk left behind by past roommate.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4459 on: February 16, 2017, 02:03:05 AM »
So this is probably the tiniest thing I could declutter in my whole house, but yesterday I decluttered some needles! Sewing is a hobby of mine, but when I was going through my needles (looking for one type I didn't have, of course) I noticed I had two cards of tapestry needles. I haven't done a tapestry since... 1998? So I filled the remaining slots in the cards with tapestry needles from my needle case so they each held a full 6, in the correct sizes. And then I put them in the charity shop bag. I hope someone will appreciate them.

This freed up enough room in my needle case that I could empty a little plastic dish full of needles into it, which was very satisfying, as the plastic case was cracked and, being round, difficult to store. I also consolidated some open packs of machine needles into single cards.

So even though the -needles- were tiny, I ended up removing about 4 cards and one plastic case from my needle box, which is now much more orderly, and it was very easy to establish that I didn't have what I needed after all! Of course, now I've ordered enough new ones to fill up the space (so I would qualify for free shipping) but at least these ones are relevant to my current hobby and will be used up quickly.

With This Herring

• Handlebar Stache
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #4460 on: February 16, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
theadvicist--I'm totally weighing my stuff before it leaves the house.

This is awesome!

Wish I had done this when I started decluttering a few years ago.

Me too.  That would have been interesting.

Today I gave away a grocery bag stuffed full of pink packing peanuts.  This was a lot of bulk, but the weight was only an ounce or two... *sigh*

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4461 on: February 16, 2017, 02:14:46 PM »
theadvicist--I'm totally weighing my stuff before it leaves the house.

This is awesome!

Wish I had done this when I started decluttering a few years ago.

Me too.  That would have been interesting.

Today I gave away a grocery bag stuffed full of pink packing peanuts.  This was a lot of bulk, but the weight was only an ounce or two... *sigh*

You could have counted the individual packing peanuts then posted "today I gave away 729 things". ;)

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4462 on: February 16, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »
I'm decluttering my front yard. I have an old beat up light post that is super annoying to mow around. The paint is peeling off the post so it looks shabby. the lid on top that lets you access the bulb is missing its fasteners and strong winds or bumping in to it with the lawn mower knock it off the post. The previous owners wired it to a sensor on the house that would turn the light on whenever it got dark. I never liked that I couldn't just turn it on and off as needed. Finally, whoever ran the conduit from the electrical box on the exterior of the house to the light post did a lousy job. There was an inch gap between the bottom of the box and the top of the conduit where you could see the wiring.

Yesterday, I disconnected the lamp form the house's power and replaced the sensor eye with a GFCI outlet and a weatherproof cover. I pulled out as much copper from the conduit as I could, but it eventually snapped. Most of the copper was a wet rusty mess. I'm probably lucky we never shorted the breaker. I also dug several inches down and cut off the section of conduit that ran to the box on the house. The side of the house looks much cleaner and the exterior outlet is more useful than the lamp sensor. I'm hoping that tomorrow I can dig up the light post and be done with it.  I'll just have to replant the grass in the spring and mowing the front lawn will be smooth sailing :)

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #4463 on: February 16, 2017, 05:04:16 PM »
I have thrown out a grass skirt that my dad brought me from a pacific island, a disintegrated Pilates stretchy strap thing and a suit carry cover (that the strap disintegrated onto!)

Discovered that hubby has been stuffing random things into the spare room wardrobe! So those things are going in their 'place' and the shelves tidied up. I think I can free up a drawer by folding and organising things better, which means I'll be able to put away an annoying carrier bag of hobby bits and pieces. The bag is annoying because it has not been touched since Oct 2015 but it's not mine to chuck.

Lastly, I've consolidated long length clothing into one section, which means I can put shelves in the other and organise blankets, spare pillows etc so that they are actually accessible. The end goal will be that the linen cupboard that's by the front door could become a much more useful coat and shoe cupboard. DH is not keen on this so for now I'll just do step one, which is find some chipboard pieces and supports at the DIY store and rearrange things.

VeggieTable

• Stubble
« Reply #4464 on: February 16, 2017, 05:22:26 PM »
I've been on a huge decluttering kick. I've even moved on to the attic, which I was glad to see didn't have as much stuff in it as I thought. I've added a ton to my ebay selling pile, thrown away a fair amount, and even found a few useful items! Best part of decluttering is realizing you already have what you need. The shoulder strap on my duffel bag broke a while back and I've been meaning to get a new one forever (strap, that is). Well, I found a spare! Problem solved, money saved! I also found a brand-new rug pad which I will use with a rug I got for free from a FB garage sale group. Why we had a spare rug pad, I'll never know, but I'm glad to not have to buy one.

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4465 on: February 16, 2017, 05:28:02 PM »
I've been on a huge decluttering kick. I've even moved on to the attic, which I was glad to see didn't have as much stuff in it as I thought. I've added a ton to my ebay selling pile, thrown away a fair amount, and even found a few useful items! Best part of decluttering is realizing you already have what you need. The shoulder strap on my duffel bag broke a while back and I've been meaning to get a new one forever (strap, that is). Well, I found a spare! Problem solved, money saved! I also found a brand-new rug pad which I will use with a rug I got for free from a FB garage sale group. Why we had a spare rug pad, I'll never know, but I'm glad to not have to buy one.

I love it when you find stuff that is useful. I can't remember if I mentioned this in a previous posts, but we found some shower curtain rings. That was fortuitous because the ones we had up were getting pretty rusty. We just replaced our shower curtain rings from 2016 from ones we probably bought in 2005 :D

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4466 on: February 16, 2017, 06:59:35 PM »
This is a big one.

My husband just let me delete 35,790 emails.

In his previous job he was on a mailing list that sent out dozens of updates a day. They were sent to his work email and, because they were time sensitive, also his Gmail.

That was more than four years ago.

I just asked if I could delete everything from that mailing list, and he said yes.

His Gmail is now down to a much more manageable 15,183.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4467 on: February 16, 2017, 08:29:25 PM »
This is a big one.

In his previous job he was on a mailing list that sent out dozens of updates a day. They were sent to his work email and, because they were time sensitive, also his Gmail.

That was more than four years ago.

I just asked if I could delete everything from that mailing list, and he said yes.

His Gmail is now down to a much more manageable 15,183.

\O/ yay!

I just went to bunnings and got some melamine cut into bits for more wardrobe shelving. It's a bit tatty on the cuts but fine for inside the wardrobe. I've got 2.5 hrs to create my "Suprise! I changed everything!"

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4468 on: February 17, 2017, 04:23:43 AM »
I'll just have to replant the grass in the spring and mowing the front lawn will be smooth sailing :)

If it's not a large area I've always found that the grass just grows in from the sides around it in a short amount of time. Might save you work and money.

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4469 on: February 17, 2017, 05:15:40 AM »
I'll just have to replant the grass in the spring and mowing the front lawn will be smooth sailing :)

If it's not a large area I've always found that the grass just grows in from the sides around it in a short amount of time. Might save you work and money.

I have a bag of grass seed left over from last year, so replanting the grass won't cost me any extra money. I am going to try to be careful with my initial digging to see if I can salvage the turf. When spring comes, I want to make sure the dirt doesn't get washed away the heavy rains we normally get.

The lamp post is most likely set in concrete. Whenever I have dug out footers for fences, I usually end up having to dig at least a 1 foot radius around what I am trying to remove so I can expose the footer. I'm hoping they didn't do anything ridiculous when they poured the footer. I'll find out in about an hour when I go outside to start working on it :)

I'm also working on getting rid of an old digital camera that has been sitting in my closet unused for about 5 years.

VeggieTable

• Stubble
« Reply #4470 on: February 17, 2017, 08:02:22 PM »
This is a big one.

The real question is, how long did it take?! I'm thinking Gmail would implode. Must've felt amazing though - I am a compulsive email deleter and that sounds so satisfying.

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4471 on: February 18, 2017, 08:48:07 AM »
I finally got my lamp post demolition project done yesterday :) The conduit that ran underground was pretty well rotted away. Now I need to get rid of the copper wire and gas line that I pulled out of the post and the ground. The gas line was disconnected.

This morning, I pitched an old task lamp that has been sitting in our basement. It's probably 50 years old, the hinges wouldn't stay tight, and more importantly, it has never been used since we moved in to our house 9 years ago. I also got rid of the license plates, owners manual, and car keys from my 2004 LeSabre. That car got totaled when I was hit by a drunk driver. I guess I was just keeping that stuff around as a morbid memento.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4472 on: February 19, 2017, 10:26:14 AM »
Paperwork questions (I'm in Canada if it matters). 
Old insurance policies for car/house - how far back to keep? 
Maintenance records for car, so far I have kept everything.  Mustachian problem, car was bought in 2010, if I traded in every few years this would not be such a bulging file  ;-) but I have almost 7 years worth of paperwork for it.  Keep or ditch oldest records?

VeggieTable

• Stubble
« Reply #4473 on: February 19, 2017, 12:43:58 PM »
I was decluttering one of my husband's many "organizing" (junk-holding) boxes on his computer table and found an unused $50 gift card! Plus a quarter, though that's a lot less exciting. Also found an old cell phone of his that I can sell on ebay for $20ish.

VeggieTable

• Stubble
« Reply #4474 on: February 19, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »
Maintenance records for car, so far I have kept everything.  Mustachian problem, car was bought in 2010, if I traded in every few years this would not be such a bulging file  ;-) but I have almost 7 years worth of paperwork for it.  Keep or ditch oldest records?

I personally would keep everything on the car, just to show the future owner that you did regular maintenance. As a buyer, I would trust a seller much more if he/she could produce proof instead of just telling me the car was serviced regularly.

Here's an infographic from H&R Block on which documents to keep and for how long.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #4475 on: February 19, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »

I personally would keep everything on the car, just to show the future owner that you did regular maintenance. As a buyer, I would trust a seller much more if he/she could produce proof instead of just telling me the car was serviced regularly.

Here's an infographic from H&R Block on which documents to keep and for how long.

Thanks - car stuff forever, insurance much less, got it.

Interesting all the things that should be in a safe deposit box.  I would need a larger box for all that.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4476 on: February 19, 2017, 02:44:37 PM »
Threw out a few bags of company swag from project launches. Glad I looked through it first. Found a really nice umbrella and a $25 Amazon gift card I didn't know about!

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4477 on: February 20, 2017, 03:39:23 AM »
Yeah, I keep all car stuff in one clip file, and present it to the purchaser when someone is considering buying the car. Last time I sold a car to a person* a policeman bought it. He loved the file, he was like, this is so reassuring, you are the best person I've ever bought a car from. Made me feel good, and the paperwork always stayed contained in that one slim file! 

This weekend I got rid of a pair of boots that were seriously unfashionable, that I never wear.

I also donated a jumper (british usage) that had a wide neck and annoyingly slipped off my shoulders constantly.

* Obviously I only sold it to a person because we were going down to 1 car. The last car I actually 'sold' was to a scrapper because we well and truly ran it into the ground. Like, we had to take it to the yard on a car transporter because not only did we drive it until it was unsaleable, but we then stripped it for parts to sell on ebay, and along with wing-mirrors, door handles, spoilers and THE SEATS, we also sold the wheels. My only regret in life is that in it's last few weeks, when we weren't sure how much longer it would last, I didn't keep the fuel tank low enough. So when it finally died, it had half a tank of petrol, and we couldn't siphon it off. MPP I guess.

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4478 on: February 20, 2017, 11:40:25 AM »
Brought a bunch of stuff to consignment but I think this may be my last batch going there.  I did well with this consignment store in the past but I noticed that it has changed recently - it's become rather shabby and worn out and things are not selling as they used to.  Fortunately, I don't have anything anymore that I would prefer to consign over just donating.  So from now on, I'll just donate.

halftimer

• Stubble
« Reply #4479 on: February 20, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »
Great motivation from all of you lately! Also in person motivation: A close friend is moving soon and mentioned they only need 10 boxes for their possessions so they don't need to pack until the last week. This led to a ton of questions from me, as I have seen their current place and it is a similar size to where I live (about 1000 square feet). Do they have lots of empty kitchen cabinets? - yes! Does that count all their clothes and her jewellery making business supplies? - no, they will use their few suitcases and tape their dresser drawers for clothes, and the jewellery supplies are already in bins ready for moving. Even though I now know that 10 boxes does not count all of their stuff - I am still so jealous! I came home and immediately found 20 items that I can donate. Even though I just did a big donation run a few days ago.  I have a few areas I know I can pare down still and that have been on my radar for awhile - this may be the push that gets them gone!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4480 on: February 20, 2017, 03:19:56 PM »
Great motivation from all of you lately! Also in person motivation: A close friend is moving soon and mentioned they only need 10 boxes for their possessions so they don't need to pack until the last week. This led to a ton of questions from me, as I have seen their current place and it is a similar size to where I live (about 1000 square feet). Do they have lots of empty kitchen cabinets? - yes! Does that count all their clothes and her jewellery making business supplies? - no, they will use their few suitcases and tape their dresser drawers for clothes, and the jewellery supplies are already in bins ready for moving. Even though I now know that 10 boxes does not count all of their stuff - I am still so jealous! I came home and immediately found 20 items that I can donate. Even though I just did a big donation run a few days ago.  I have a few areas I know I can pare down still and that have been on my radar for awhile - this may be the push that gets them gone!

This is very motivating.

It's about six months since I moved and I tossed a lot at the time but I know there is more to be had.

I need to palm a blender and food processor off on someone.

Also, I've been thinking about my collection of salad bowls/serving platters/large dishes, and when I last used them.

- large red bowl
- cut glass bowl - used for desserts
- large white bowl - used for salads
- weird steep-sided white bowl have not used in 6 months
- bamboo bowl - used for salads
- white serving dish thingie
- large white serving plate
- white casserole dish that could double as a serving bowl if needed have not used in 12 months
- white casserole dish with glass lid (see above) have not used in 12 months

Ok, that has helped me decide. Weird white bowl and one casserole dish can go. And one of my springform pans - I don't need two.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4481 on: February 20, 2017, 06:43:52 PM »
Put two pairs of pointe shoes on facebook buy group. 1 sold almost instantly for $20. They've been in my closet since 2006.

If the others don't sell I'm either going to use them in a baby room craft or put them on the buy nothing group. 

ZiziPB

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4482 on: February 20, 2017, 09:20:02 PM »
Sold another item on CL today for $60.  Need to make new listings for the skis, poles, etc because they're not selling.  But I'm kind of sick of dealing with CL flakes alread so I'm not motivated :-)

Spent a few hours today archiving emails at work. Still have lots to do but I've made progress.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4483 on: February 21, 2017, 03:18:52 AM »
A relative asked for help designing and printing party invitations.

I designed them myself, paid a couple of bucks to print them (she will reimburse me) and used up a stash of envelopes I had at home.

Loving the chart to mark off getting these little things out of the house.

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4484 on: February 21, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »
I gathered all of the donation receipts from 2016 for tax purposes this weekend.  It was extremely motivational to see how much we had donated.  I've started a new pile of stuff!  Woohoo!

ThreadUp received my bag of clothes, but no estimates on how much I will get from them.  I'm not hoping for much, but I would be happy with $20. 

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4485 on: February 21, 2017, 04:52:46 PM »
I finally sold my drill sharpener today! Tomorrow, I should be rid of an old PS2 computer keyboard. On Friday, I should be able to get rid of some picture frames we received for as wedding gifts and never used.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4486 on: February 22, 2017, 03:53:03 PM »
I put an old gross pillow in the bin yesterday. It was so bulky that it's a huge space saving. We now have four for the spare room in a range of comfort levels and they can just live on the bed I reckon. I think with a bit more rearranging I can get all the outdoor furniture cushions stored on the shelf of the spare room wardrobe. It's the furthest point from the back door but it's the really the only spot to keep a 1.5m long bench cushion..

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4487 on: February 24, 2017, 09:30:43 AM »
My mother, as usual, decluttered to me by giving us a giant quilted blanket that she sewed. It is nice, but it clashes with our furniture so it has been taking up half a closet by itself.  However, I managed to offload it by taking it to the ski rental that we use every year... the place is always too cold for me.  Asked the owners if they would like to keep it, and they happily accepted! So it's a win-win... we clear out half a closet, they get a nice quilt that matches their decor, and I'll sleep warm next time we go there!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4488 on: February 24, 2017, 04:53:32 PM »
Tossed eight make-up brushes (never used) and an eyelash curler (used once, five years ago, hated it).

I used to think I needed this stuff, that it was expected, but I'm finding my own tolerance level. I have a low tolerance for stuff, and a high tolerance for living life with uncurled eyelashes.

Also, eyeshadow brushes are redundant since I never wear and no longer own eyeshadow.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4489 on: February 24, 2017, 05:55:58 PM »
Tossed eight make-up brushes (never used) and an eyelash curler (used once, five years ago, hated it).

I used to think I needed this stuff, that it was expected, but I'm finding my own tolerance level. I have a low tolerance for stuff, and a high tolerance for living life with uncurled eyelashes.

Also, eyeshadow brushes are redundant since I never wear and no longer own eyeshadow.

Oh god. I own a few brushes, bought not that long ago in a moment where I thought I could become a proper lady that knows how to do makeup. It didn't happen but I'm hanging onto the brushes for just a wee while longer.

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4490 on: February 24, 2017, 06:03:22 PM »
I finally sold some unopened gifts we've had laying around. I sold some ugly figurines my wife received as a Christmas gift many years ago and a Lenox photo frame and album that doesn't match our decor. They were never taken out of the box or displayed.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4491 on: February 24, 2017, 06:29:13 PM »
A student was eyeing my stash of thank-you cards and journals that I keep on hand in my classroom, so I told her to take one. She ended up taking a very nice journal -- win for both of us! :)

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4492 on: February 25, 2017, 03:17:16 AM »
I should finally be able to get rid of some copper tubing, copper wire, and pop cans this morning. I don't go to recycling centers often and it looks like the 2 I went to several years ago are no longer in business. I hope this new place doesn't have a messy parking lot full screws and metal chips. I'd hate to sacrifice a car tire for $10 dollars in scrap metal.

Has anyone else noticed that they find more stuff to get rid of after visiting a room, closet, bookcase, or drawer a second or third time? Stuff I was struggling to part with the first time I decluttered were pretty easy to get rid of on subsequent visits.

misshershey

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4493 on: February 25, 2017, 05:16:58 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that they find more stuff to get rid of after visiting a room, closet, bookcase, or drawer a second or third time? Stuff I was struggling to part with the first time I decluttered were pretty easy to get rid of on subsequent visits.

Ye gods, yes! I can't tell you how much stuff I've tossed on my second and third passes through a clutter spot. Also, got rid of my particle board bookcase today on Buy Nothing! Between that and my posterboard display (which hasn't gone away yet, but will either go away via Buy Nothing or Goodwill), I'm at 1158 lbs donated or tossed! That posterboard display, with all of the shelves, is 300 lbs on its own!

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4494 on: February 25, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »

Ye gods, yes! I can't tell you how much stuff I've tossed on my second and third passes through a clutter spot. Also, got rid of my particle board bookcase today on Buy Nothing! Between that and my posterboard display (which hasn't gone away yet, but will either go away via Buy Nothing or Goodwill), I'm at 1158 lbs donated or tossed! That posterboard display, with all of the shelves, is 300 lbs on its own!

Nice! So it's not just me :) Great work on the decluttering also! I'd weigh my stuff, but we don't have a scale in the house at the moment. It broke several years ago and we never got around to replacing it.

I posted this on the odd chore thread too, but we finally got rid of my wife's old mountain bike today. I also took my scrap metal to the scrap yard today and made a cool $12 :D My wife also finally mailed a Christmas gift for a friend today. She needed a bigger box, but we haven't been able to find time to get one. We finally found the time to day and got that stuff out of the house.

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4495 on: February 25, 2017, 05:49:26 PM »
Packed up 4 bags for Goodwill :)

Well Respected Man

• Stubble
« Reply #4496 on: February 27, 2017, 05:41:40 AM »
We visited my sister in her new house, which is the recipient of some stuff she had left with us last year, plus a video game accessory that we haven't used for years. Soon they will take our old dining room table and chairs, which will be another step towards a coherent exercise room.

Monocle Money Mouth

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4497 on: February 27, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »
I finally got rid of some old bicycle tires and a bowling bag that was laying around in my basement. I also found a pretty big framed photo my wife got as a gift. The box is like 2'x3'. We were going to hang it but after looking at the photo subject, I'm not sure I want to bother hanging it. It's a decently composed photo, but I just don't think I want a photo of a bunch of cows grazing around a tree on our walls. I'm going to see if I can convince my wife to let me sell it.

I think we have been living with our clutter for so long, we have become blind to it. I have a couple of cabinets in our dining room I want to clear out that my wife thinks are fine. I'm pretty sure there is crap that can be sold, donated, or pitched, hiding there.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4498 on: February 27, 2017, 03:01:24 PM »
I also found a pretty big framed photo my wife got as a gift. The box is like 2'x3'. We were going to hang it but after looking at the photo subject, I'm not sure I want to bother hanging it. It's a decently composed photo, but I just don't think I want a photo of a bunch of cows grazing around a tree on our walls. I'm going to see if I can convince my wife to let me sell it.

If it's a nice frame another option would be to replace the image with something you actually like.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4499 on: February 27, 2017, 04:57:28 PM »
It's bulk rubbish collection in our suburb this week, so we've got rid of an old computer (hard drive removed), rotting trellis, a heap of offcuts the last owners left from the floorboards, and a huge plastic sign thingy. Feels good to clear out the crap!