Author Topic: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!  (Read 1850130 times)

marty998

• Walrus Stache
Re: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!
« Reply #4350 on: January 26, 2017, 03:09:54 AM »
Another bottle gone from the drinks shelf - the Pimms. We sound like alcoholics. Tomorrow it's the second bottle of rum with a target on its back. We have limes, mint and fizzy water ready for mojitos.

Drinking rum counts as decluttering?

Oh I am IN!

Woo hoo, party at Freshwater's house!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4351 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10:38 AM »
Another bottle gone from the drinks shelf - the Pimms. We sound like alcoholics. Tomorrow it's the second bottle of rum with a target on its back. We have limes, mint and fizzy water ready for mojitos.

Drinking rum counts as decluttering?

Oh I am IN!

Woo hoo, party at Freshwater's house!

Happy Australia Day!

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #4352 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »
We moved a coffee table out of our lounge area to construct our new replacement bookcases. After a few days of it being out of the way, we realised we actually don't want a coffee table there. We'll use a tray if we need one, or really, we can see the TV from the dining table just fine! So we've gotten rid of it :) Moving items out of the way to see if you actually need them was a great exercise!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4353 on: January 26, 2017, 05:36:46 PM »
Deleted more than 500 emails.

Down to <5000 in Gmail.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4354 on: January 26, 2017, 06:02:34 PM »
I started going through my recipe file... 

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4355 on: January 26, 2017, 06:26:59 PM »
Done with 10k+ articles I had saved. Working on giving away some of the old tech stuff we have at home that is no longer used.

chasingthegoodlife

• Bristles
« Reply #4356 on: January 26, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »
Dropped six bags off at the op shop today. The guest room/retreat is so clean now, just in time as we are hosting friends from interstate next week.

Planning to knock off two bits of mending this afternoon while it's too hot to be in the garden, then clothes and accessories will be pretty much DONE.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4357 on: January 27, 2017, 02:50:47 AM »

Down to <5000 in Gmail.

Hurry up and get to zero... I need to read something from you other than deleting emails!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4358 on: January 27, 2017, 03:20:58 AM »

Down to <5000 in Gmail.

Hurry up and get to zero... I need to read something from you other than deleting emails!

Not my fault you went to work and left me home alone! :D Had to occupy myself somehow.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4359 on: January 27, 2017, 03:24:35 AM »

Down to <5000 in Gmail.

Not my fault you went to work and left me home alone! :D Had to occupy myself somehow.

Were you really the only person in Australia to take an annual leave day today when you were actually sick??

Anatidae V

• Walrus Stache
  • Nullus Anxietas
« Reply #4360 on: January 27, 2017, 03:47:57 AM »

Down to <5000 in Gmail.

Were you really the only person in Australia to take an annual leave day today when you were actually sick??
I, uh, will probably be taking an annual leave or unpaid leave day when I was actually sick. But that's partly because I have no sick leave (wait, maybe it reset with calendar year?) And also, it just feels wrong to take it as a sick day...

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #4361 on: January 27, 2017, 04:03:28 AM »

Down to <5000 in Gmail.

I've missed part of this story. Where MPGH was sick and where Marty went to live with her.

I threw out some bandages and other random first aid stuff today. Cleared off the dining table by finishing a project...and then dumped a whole load more stuff on it to sort through.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4362 on: January 27, 2017, 04:37:29 AM »

Down to <5000 in Gmail.

I've missed part of this story. Where MPGH was sick and where Marty went to live with her.

I threw out some bandages and other random first aid stuff today. Cleared off the dining table by finishing a project...and then dumped a whole load more stuff on it to sort through.

Hahaha... ahh we talk a fair bit offline. Sometimes we get mixed up between Facebook and here :)

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4363 on: January 27, 2017, 12:55:17 PM »
Gave away yet MORE school supplies. I really wondering how much longer I can keep this up. Every time I think I can'5 possibly have more to spare.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4364 on: January 27, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »
Physical decluttering progress from this morning:

Three books, one DVD, a wine bag, pasta measurer thingy (never used), paper bunting, skewers, a course book, notebook, unused photo album, a set of sheets, a tablecloth and a cooler bag.

Confession time.

I just discovered that, for the first time, we replaced something simply because we couldn't find the original.

And it wasn't something small. It was a tripod!

We just assumed my husband had left it in a hotel room or on a trip somewhere because, well, he does things like that.

Nope, apparently it got put away under the spare bed when we moved. I just found it, but he had already replaced it. >.<

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4365 on: January 27, 2017, 04:57:32 PM »
Oops! Ours is also kept under the spare bed, must be the universal storage space for tripods.

Metric Mouse

• Walrus Stache
  • FU @ 22. F.I.R.E before 23
« Reply #4366 on: January 27, 2017, 04:59:45 PM »
Oops! Ours is also kept under the spare bed, must be the universal storage space for tripods.
The space under spare beds is a great place to lose stuff. I couldn't even tell you what is under mine - no doubt valuable things that I just couldn't throw out.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4367 on: January 27, 2017, 05:13:04 PM »
The space under spare beds is a great place to lose stuff. I couldn't even tell you what is under mine - no doubt valuable things that I just couldn't throw out.

I just did an audit: lots of dust, tripod, easel (never used), 2 beach chairs, a broken sander (forbidden to throw out), shoes that never get worn (ditto) and a broken hi-fi. I was just dragging the hi-fi out to get rid when DH told me I'm an addict. It's true, but...it's broken...?

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4368 on: January 27, 2017, 05:35:17 PM »
Listed two jackets for sale today on a Facebook group. Gathered up a bunch of odds & ends for a lady doing a craft project. I decided to give away my waffle maker, just have to give it a wipe down. Feeling a bit of reluctance despite not having used it for years as I used to make Sunday morning pancakes or waffles every week when my kids were little.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4369 on: January 27, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »
Went through the tv cabinet and have thrown out 3 x videotapes, don't even know what's on them but we don't have a video player. Went through the mysterious cables with hubby, still don't understand them but I have four for recycling. I've reorganised the CDs and DVDs to make a shelf for 'games' so that's a big win.

Bit early to celebrate though as I found and removed a big pile of CDs that have photos on - I have to figure out if they are on the computer and back them up somewhere before I can chuck them. We also have about 10 DVDs to watch and then they can go on FB.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4370 on: January 28, 2017, 04:13:34 AM »
All the stuff from last week is gone ( 2 carloads.)
Working on the living rooms now.
Room 1 is done except I have to repot the big pot plant, and wrap the soap sitting "curing" on the coffee table.
Speaking of grog, I decluttered the large vintage port bottle collection on the sideboard. Sadly none was consumed in the act of decluttering. The recycling bin is full ( ahem its not ALL bottles I promise), and there's 3 boxes of recycling waiting for next fortnight's bin.
Collected up a box of candle making jars, washed a few. Chucked a few too dirty and hard to clean.
Filled a box with CDs, DVDs and videos. And chucked a big bag of un-named ones out.

Its not looking bad at all, just a few more things to do and it will be pristine. Whats more, there is empty space in the TV stand and another small wall cupboard.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4371 on: January 28, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »
Tossed 57 more things, including a bunch of notebooks and some magazines.

I've also been using up some cleaning products I don't plan to replace.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4372 on: January 29, 2017, 02:46:58 AM »
Gave away a heap of things on Buy Nothing today. Feels so good!

Mr Happier painted an old hutch so that it will be visually pleasing to me, for use as nursery furniture. That turned clutter into furniture :-)

alsoknownasDean

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4373 on: January 29, 2017, 04:02:05 AM »
I've got three plastic tubs on my living room floor. I'd like to consolidate the contents to at least two, if not one. I've already thrown out some stuff.

There's some rather weird and niche electronic stuff that I'm not sure what to do with (for example, a USB DAC). I've got two spare Apple keyboards and a spare Airport Express. An iPad camera connection kit even though I no longer own the iPad in question (I did throw out the iPad box the other day).

I'll jump onto Mazuma Mobile and get rid of my old LG phone (apparently they'll pay a bit of money for it even if it doesn't work).

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4374 on: January 29, 2017, 04:16:06 AM »
I've got three plastic tubs on my living room floor. I'd like to consolidate the contents to at least two, if not one. I've already thrown out some stuff.

There's some rather weird and niche electronic stuff that I'm not sure what to do with (for example, a USB DAC). I've got two spare Apple keyboards and a spare Airport Express. An iPad camera connection kit even though I no longer own the iPad in question (I did throw out the iPad box the other day).

I'll jump onto Mazuma Mobile and get rid of my old LG phone (apparently they'll pay a bit of money for it even if it doesn't work).

I've had most luck with random electronic bits on Gumtree, but I was giving them away for free!

Managed to sell a couple of games today and the buyer actually came when they said they would, so that was a nice novelty! Listed some other stuff but no takers. At least it's mostly stuff the Salvos could sell, but they must be overwhelmed with slow-moving books, CDs and DVDs now everything is digital.

The only physical areas I have left to do now is the bedding/linen cupboards/shelves. There's so many old pillows, they seem to breed.

mrsstache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4375 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:52 AM »
Any suggestions on what to do with what seems like a million pens, pencils, markers, etc. that have all been used to some extent? Couldn't figure out how recyclable they were and would prefer not to just trash them if they are reusable somehow. Have a small (ish) number set aside. The rest is just taking up space.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4376 on: January 29, 2017, 05:09:19 AM »

Do you wipe your phone before sending it in, or trust them not to do anything dodgy? I have a heap of old phones that no longer work at all, which means I have no idea how to wipe them before sending them off :-/

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4377 on: January 29, 2017, 05:34:58 AM »
Any suggestions on what to do with what seems like a million pens, pencils, markers, etc. that have all been used to some extent? Couldn't figure out how recyclable they were and would prefer not to just trash them if they are reusable somehow. Have a small (ish) number set aside. The rest is just taking up space.
How about your local school?  Teachers can hand them out to pupils who need them if they don't need them themselves.

mrsstache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4378 on: January 29, 2017, 05:52:57 AM »
How about your local school?  Teachers can hand them out to pupils who need them if they don't need them themselves.
Great idea! Will look into it. Thank you.

Tris Prior

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4379 on: January 29, 2017, 09:53:37 AM »
Today, I tackle the banker's box that is full to bursting with paperwork re our condo purchase and our multiple failed attempts at refinancing. We no longer own the condo in question, sold it 3 years ago. Thinking that the actual purchase paperwork needs to be kept, but I know that thing is full of many xerox copies of bank statements and pay stubs and such from our refi attempts. That can probably all go as it's just stuff we printed out to prove our financial status.

Ugh. I don't want to do this. Hold me....

ETA: I'm sure there's a very good reason why I found a copy of the Chicago Tribune from Sept. 12, 2001 in with our condo paperwork.

Anyone else finding random things you thought you'd lost or didn't realize you had, as you declutter? Next to the banker's box of paperwork, which lived in our "junk closet", I found another good-sized box. Still taped shut, never opened.

So.... I have a really hard time finding shoes that fit me and don't hurt; when I finally do, I buy multiples as they are always discontinued, I hate shoe shopping,and I am very hard on shoes. Sandals especially, I typically go through 1 pair per summer due to not having a car and walking everywhere. (I'm vegan for moral reasons, and realize I do sacrifice durability because I don't want to wear leather.)

Last summer I killed another pair of sandals, and realized I only had 1 pair left. I was certain I'd bought more, but they weren't in the closet. Of course they are now discontinued. I did manage to find one backup pair on ebay.

Yep. The unopened box contained two additional pairs. I apparently had shoved the unopened box onto the top shelf in the junk closet two summers ago and promptly forgot it was there. Facepunch. Well, at least I am all set for the next few summers....
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 01:05:30 PM by Tris Prior »

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4380 on: January 29, 2017, 04:03:04 PM »
I cleared out some of my pantry. It was only a little, but it made a HUGE difference. I also moved things so that things on the verge of expiring are at the front so I'll use them first.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4381 on: January 29, 2017, 05:49:04 PM »

Not sure if there is a similar charity there but here in Australia we have Second-Life Stationery which puts together backpacks of school supplies for under-privileged kids. They accept used products, and just clean them up, sharpen pencils, etc, before giving them to kids.

Mezzie

• Pencil Stache
    • Mezzie Learns
« Reply #4382 on: January 29, 2017, 06:08:35 PM »
As a teacher, I must second (and third!) the suggestions to donate to schools. So many students don't have what they need to be successful despite the desire to be. I have a stockpile of everything from pencils to backpacks that students can take, no questions asked. Though I do buy a lot of those myself, my students also benefit greatly from the kindness of strangers who donate to our school/my classroom. It makes a HUGE positive impact on their lives.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4383 on: January 30, 2017, 04:07:51 AM »
Not sure if this is decluttering... but we had a chest of drawers that my husband rescued from a skip in the garage for, oh, 6 years. I needed some drawers, so he brought them in, I cleaned them up, and they are perfect! So I decluttered them from my garage... but put them in my house.

That said I then filled them with all my haberdashery, which previously had been in many decorate storage boxes. So now I have about 10 empty storage boxes! Plus more space in the garage and much easier to access sewing supplies. Taking the lid of a box and sliding it out and back in etc is much harder work than opening a drawer.

driftwood

• Bristles
Outdoor gearhead cleaning house
« Reply #4384 on: January 31, 2017, 01:37:26 AM »
I've been holding on to a large variety of outdoor gear and accessories for the past 6ish years.  For awhile I tinkered with my ideal backpacking setup, so I always like having options... backpacks, stuff sacks, spice/food containers, dishes, flatware, shelters/tents, clothing combinations, rain gear, repair kit, tons of cordage.  This stuff has survived many of my previous purges.  Finally realized that I'm happy with my current setup and could ditch all the extras.  I took pics and created a FB group for my friends where I posted the pics and am giving all the extra stuff away. Whatever they don't take will be donated or thrown away.  I've already gotten rid of about a third of it.

I've had a struggle with balancing minimalism with preparedness/self-reliance.  I've hit the point finally where most of my just-in-case things don't get used for years at a time so I'm ready to let them go.  I think any preparedness focus from now on will be a focus on myself as my greatest asset (skills learning and practice).  I'm also attracted to the idea of being able to walk into a common chain store and buy a complete setup inexpensively because I have the experience and skills to use any basic setup to get done what I need to get done.

Still love gear though, but pretty good at not buying any anymore. 

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4385 on: January 31, 2017, 03:04:08 AM »
I was feeling under the weather today, so I had a quiet day but I did go through a couple of drawers.

Tossed a couple of dozen little bits and pieces.

Also inadvertently decluttered a Mason jar drinking glass after the base broke off.

It was one a pair, a Christmas gift from a friend in 2015, but easy come, easy go.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Outdoor gearhead cleaning house
« Reply #4386 on: January 31, 2017, 04:34:12 AM »
I think any preparedness focus from now on will be a focus on myself as my greatest asset (skills learning and practice). 

This is so true. Great thing to keep in mind when decluttering, thanks.

misshathaway

• Bristles
Re: Outdoor gearhead cleaning house
« Reply #4387 on: January 31, 2017, 07:47:42 AM »
I've had a struggle with balancing minimalism with preparedness/self-reliance.  I've hit the point finally where most of my just-in-case things don't get used for years at a time so I'm ready to let them go. 

+1 My rationale for getting rid of something in this category is that by the time I need it again, if I ever do, the technology behind it will inevitably be better so I'd be better off buying it again. So far I haven't had to test that.

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE: June 17, 2016
« Reply #4388 on: February 01, 2017, 08:04:43 AM »
2 steps forward, one step back.  I brought a large box of stuff (straw hat, frames, board games, clothes) to the thrift shop yesterday.

But they had their 5 cent sale, so I got a Ralph Lauren sweater, another fleece shirt, and a super comfy lounge around the house outfit for a total of 15 cents, plus spare ski goggles for biking and a springform pan that fits in the instant pot for $4 more dollars. Pffft. Thrift shops are a problem. :(

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4389 on: February 01, 2017, 09:30:25 AM »

I just did an audit: lots of dust, tripod, easel (never used), 2 beach chairs, a broken sander (forbidden to throw out), shoes that never get worn (ditto) and a broken hi-fi. I was just dragging the hi-fi out to get rid when DH told me I'm an addict. It's true, but...it's broken...?

Sounds like the only thing that should be retained are the beach chairs.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #4390 on: February 01, 2017, 07:41:01 PM »
Made a trip to the thrift shop today. Two bags and one big box of stuff out of the house! One of the bags was very nice pants that my husband has shrunk out of. They were good quality trousers, in like new shape, but he has lost a lot of weight and the pants needed to go.

I know there is more to do, but it is getting harder to get rid of things, as the husband is one of those, "But I might need it someday" people.

firelight

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4391 on: February 02, 2017, 07:02:30 AM »
Some more small victories:

Refilled our detergents and water softener and recycled the larger containers.

Used up a body wash and replaced with another one (I still have so many to go).

Used up a moisturizer and replaced with one I had left some time back at work (found it when clearing out my work space) - I found it at the right time because it would've gone bad in a few months otherwise.

Gave away some boxes of chocolate and milk to my housecleaner who loved them.

Put together a box of stuff that I know my cousin will like. She is visiting soon and can take whatever she likes. Will donate the rest.

Started finding recipes for unused stuff in the pantry. I made a curry from a long forgotten millet and it's a hit with the toddler. Will finish off packet soon :) goal is to clear out the pantry and the freezer by end of August. We still have a long way to go since I end up falling back on trusted and quick recipes but I hope even doing one new recipe a week should help.

Found a few books I can let go after pregnancy. I know of a place I can donate to that would love these books. I'm giddy even thinking of it since it'll help a lot more people there than if I sell them or give to one person.

Finally convinced husband to sell all the phones and devices we have and we finally seeing some traction on it.

Some (possible) fails:
Brought three books I intend to read. Hopefully I'll read them and donate to my library.

Still can't convince husband to give up his old textbooks that he hasn't used for the past 10 years. I guess I'll have to do some ground work and then show him their true value so he can just say "OK let it go" rather than him working on selling/donating them.

Found a few books that I'd like to keep forever but don't want to read right now that I'm wondering if I should ship back home. We'll move there in a few years and I want them in my forever home, just not my current one. I'm worried if I'm holding on to them as clutter or because they are really precious. Does anyone have stuff they want in their forever homes, just not the current one? Did you let them go or did you save them since it's part of your vision for future you?

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:09:09 AM by firelight »

Jakejake

• Pencil Stache
  • FIRE: June 17, 2016
« Reply #4392 on: February 02, 2017, 07:35:54 AM »
Still can't convince husband to give up his old textbooks that he hasn't used for the past 10 years. I guess I'll have to do some ground work and then show him their true value so he can just say "OK let it go" rather than him working on selling/donating them.
I would just let that one go. It sounds like you made the suggestion already, and that's as far as I'd go with it. In terms of the overall relationship, respecting his boundaries and being clear that you aren't the boss of him is probably more important than the space his books take up.

TheStrenuousLife

• Bristles
« Reply #4393 on: February 02, 2017, 07:45:24 AM »
Posting to follow.  I need to get in on this.  I have lived in a small 2-bedroom apartment since 2014 with my girlfriend and it is amazing how much stuff has accumulated in that time.  A significant portion of it is from well-meaning relatives who refuse to listen to us on holidays when we say "No, we really don't want anything, thank you!". 

The hardest part for me is just finding the time to sit down and actually go through all the stuff, create ads to sell it, throw out/donate what cannot be sold, etc, etc. 

BlueHouse

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4394 on: February 02, 2017, 12:53:09 PM »
This thread is so motivating.  I thought I'd share something I witnessed recently.  A friend of mine was collecting kitchen things from neighbors and friends for a blind lady who moved into independent living.  The blind lady provided a very sparse list of items she wanted/needed, and of course all the friends/neighbors provided much more than what was requested.  So my friend and I brought all the items to the blind lady and my friend went through each and every item, describing it, letting the lady feel it to see if she could use it, etc. 
The disability really showed what is needed vs. what's clutter.  Having more things on a counter or in a drawer is a major drawback to a blind person who has to feel around for absolutely everything.  She truly didn't want any of the fancy gadgets because they just made her life more difficult! 

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4395 on: February 03, 2017, 05:19:54 AM »

The hardest part for me is just finding the time to sit down and actually go through all the stuff, create ads to sell it, throw out/donate what cannot be sold, etc, etc.

Ugh, sitting down and going through it all is boring and arduous, but it feels so good when you're done!

My tip for going forward is immediately assess whether something that has been given to you adds value to your day to day life. If not, donate straight away. I know this sounds callous. But I think of it thus: the gift-givers intention was to make you feel good. If having the stuff in your house will make you feel bad, but giving it to charity will make you feel good, the intention has been honoured.

I mean, they could have honoured your request and not bought you anything in the first place ;)

I find letting this stuff go before it hangs around, or before I assign a spot to it, or before I try to use something 'just to see if I'll use it', is much easier, because the items are brand new in their packaging. The charity will sell it for more. I don't have to chase around finding parts or sets when I do decide to get rid of it.

And best of all, no-one has ever asked where anything they bought me is. Ever. I don't get rid of all gifts - not at all. But honestly, no-one notices.

Amber-MT

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #4396 on: February 03, 2017, 08:43:07 AM »
This thread has been such an inspiration I actually registered on MMM after lurking for at least a year!

After what I thought was a through round of decluttering and culling of my stuff, I'm finding that there's still plenty to let loose.
Major milestone today: I gave away two skirt suits from my early adulthood to our English/Drama teacher. If any of the seniors want them for their upcoming mock interviews great, if not, the drama department wants them. A win either way!

EngineerYogi

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4397 on: February 03, 2017, 04:08:32 PM »
I sold an XBOX360 we had tucked in a closet for the last 2.5 years as well as a Keurig that has been in the garage for over a year. Each went for $25.

I did a major reorganization of my two spare bedroom closets and consolidated most of the contents down to one closet including setting up a mini home office in the newly populated closet.

I cleaned out a cabinet and several drawers in the kitchen and got rid of some things I've been holding onto for no reason. I posted them to a facebook sale page for free and a new college student was the first to bite. She is starting out from scratch so she took my extra tupperware, miscellaneous mugs and glasses, a hand mixer, and a dish set.

My neighborhood has a bulk trash pick up once a month. Wednesday I drug some broken furniture and oversized boxes to the curb that have been living in our garage since we moved into our home in 2014. They were all carted away yesterday morning.

I still need to tackle more of the garage and my linen and bathroom closets and my pantry. It feels good to let things go.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4398 on: February 03, 2017, 04:57:18 PM »
I gifted a thoroughly bedraggled poinsettia through Buy Nothing Project. It was HUGE, and taking up space on our table. I couldn't give it the care it needed (didn't want it near a window because all of those the Old Dog can reach, and they're toxic). Anyway, it's not out of my space and I'm no longer feeling guilt that I am killing it slowly! I'll stick to my happy spider plant that I understand =D

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4399 on: February 03, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »
I ordered a box through ThredUp, and I have a stack of items to send away.  I could probably make more if I listed them myself, but I haven't done that in the past 2 years.