Author Topic: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!  (Read 1850051 times)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
Re: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter!
« Reply #3650 on: August 10, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »
All our moving boxes will be going to my in-laws. Good timing on that. Unfortunately, they need to live in the back of my truck a couple weeks first, but at least they're not in the garage and I have a canopy so you can't see them. Sigh.

Started a goodwill box the second we moved in to the new house. In it so far: 4 small curtains, 1 shower curtain, shower curtain rings, old silverware organizer (the pieces slid around and husband hates it, so we replaced it), two forks from unknown sources. We also have the 3 forks we had accidentally brought back from the in-laws back to them.

Also in the "to sell or donate or gift" pile: a wire bathroom shelf, two stools with peeling paint, a crappy ikea coffee table. Once we get a new (to us) dining nook table, we will add to the pile the desk and lawn chair we're currently using. LOL. You have to slide it from side to side to open the back door or the pantry door, so we need to swap for a round one. With real chairs, ideally.

EngineerYogi

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3651 on: August 10, 2016, 11:16:54 AM »
All our moving boxes will be going to my in-laws. Good timing on that. Unfortunately, they need to live in the back of my truck a couple weeks first, but at least they're not in the garage and I have a canopy so you can't see them. Sigh.

Started a goodwill box the second we moved in to the new house. In it so far: 4 small curtains, 1 shower curtain, shower curtain rings, old silverware organizer (the pieces slid around and husband hates it, so we replaced it), two forks from unknown sources. We also have the 3 forks we had accidentally brought back from the in-laws back to them.

Also in the "to sell or donate or gift" pile: a wire bathroom shelf, two stools with peeling paint, a crappy ikea coffee table. Once we get a new (to us) dining nook table, we will add to the pile the desk and lawn chair we're currently using. LOL. You have to slide it from side to side to open the back door or the pantry door, so we need to swap for a round one. With real chairs, ideally.

I repurposed my desk to live in my garage as a nice storage spot. You might be able to do the same?

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3652 on: August 10, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »

I repurposed my desk to live in my garage as a nice storage spot. You might be able to do the same?

We have lots of big shelves out in the garage, or I would consider it =)

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3653 on: August 10, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »
2 garbage bags, 2 boxes and a fisher price farm are out on the front porch for the thrift store to pick up. How do I have enough stuff Every. Stinking. Month. to put out? Ugh!

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3654 on: August 11, 2016, 02:50:41 AM »
Unpacked from travelling to a wedding yesterday. Reminded me how much time it is possible to dedicate to 'stuff' - moving all the bags from the car, dumping everything out on the bed, sorting, sorting, sorting.

I was kind of depressed about it. It was a very formal wedding, so there were hat boxes, suit carriers, bottles of nail polish, endless cosmetics, various undergarments etc, just so much stuff!

I decided anything I couldn't put -easily- in it's rightful home was getting thrown out.

I was very surprised when 15 minutes everything (including suitcases, carriers, and hat boxes) was away, or in the linen basket waiting to be washed. Obviously my decluttering efforts have gone a long way to making my life a lot easier.

That said, it reminded me why I like to travel light, and that dressing up, whilst fun once in a while, is not a good default option for me.

Squirrel away

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3655 on: August 11, 2016, 04:12:54 AM »
I found some more stuff to shove out the door this week.:D It is quite addictive as I love relishing the empty space.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #3656 on: August 12, 2016, 01:35:35 AM »
Got a bunch of paper to go to the shredder. Have about a dozen books to put in our local Little Free Library. Cleaned out the drawer of my bedside table. There was some stuff in there that only needed to be returned to its home, but I got rid of a bunch of bits and bobs that were useless. Also found about a dozen of those giveaway notepads that you get at meetings. I am taking them to work and putting them out with a sign that says Free To A Good Cube. People might be able to use them, because I have way more than I need.

I am having insomnia so bad this week, so I am using the night hours to sort through things. I would rather be sleeping, but if that isn't happening, tidying and getting rid of stuff is okay too.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3657 on: August 12, 2016, 05:46:05 AM »
Sorry to hear about the insomnia, CU Tiger. Glad to hear you've found a good use of the extra time though! I hope you get some decent sleep soon.

ariapluscat

• Bristles
« Reply #3658 on: August 12, 2016, 02:28:35 PM »
One last purse with broken strap has been filled with unwanted clothes -- ready to send that off to donation!

Warlord1986

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3659 on: August 12, 2016, 02:54:22 PM »
I gave a puzzle I got for Christmas to a co-worker. I was never going to put it together and she cares for a grandchild who likes puzzles.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3660 on: August 13, 2016, 05:20:09 AM »
Dropped a large suitcase of donations to a charity shop

Returned two dishes to a friend.

Posted an eBay sale.

Added a lunch box and two drink bottles to the cull pile.

lbdance

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3661 on: August 14, 2016, 05:54:21 PM »
Unpacked from travelling to a wedding yesterday. Reminded me how much time it is possible to dedicate to 'stuff' - moving all the bags from the car, dumping everything out on the bed, sorting, sorting, sorting.

I was kind of depressed about it. It was a very formal wedding, so there were hat boxes, suit carriers, bottles of nail polish, endless cosmetics, various undergarments etc, just so much stuff!

I decided anything I couldn't put -easily- in it's rightful home was getting thrown out.

I was very surprised when 15 minutes everything (including suitcases, carriers, and hat boxes) was away, or in the linen basket waiting to be washed. Obviously my decluttering efforts have gone a long way to making my life a lot easier.

That said, it reminded me why I like to travel light, and that dressing up, whilst fun once in a while, is not a good default option for me.

This is great motivation for me. My constant goal with organising is to make it easy for the other people who live in my house to be able to use and then put away stuff. If its not easy to get out or put away, likely there is too much stuff in the space it is being stored.

I've donated a two full banana boxes of stuff in the last couple of weeks. A small amount of it has been kitchen stuff. Got rid of 12 bowls (8 that were a frustrating size - donated. 4 that were larger but were in poor condition had to be tossed unfortunately) These have been replaced with 8 large-ish bowls that will serve multiple purposes.
My sister came past to visit the other day, and bought some books she was getting rid of with her. My other sister and I have looked over these for any we wanted and the rest (along with some extras from my shelves) are sitting in a box in my boot to take to the secondhand store. Whatever they are not interested in, will then be donated to one of the annual book fairs.
Have also heard today that a friend has bought a house, and so the small amount of stuff that we have been storing for him will soon be going to its new home. YAY!
Progress, however slow and frustrating it may be, is still progress. 

Money Badger

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3662 on: August 14, 2016, 07:52:33 PM »
A little testimony...

This weekend, put around $600 of craigslist postings up for various tools (ladders, generator, weed sprayer, etc.) and also took $250 worth of clothing and electronics to Goodwill to shave off next year's taxes...   The ladder already sold so call it easily $200 worth of net worth increase for 3 or 4 hours of work, plus whatever comes in from the remaining ads...    And in the meantime, made plans to get rid of huge bulky toys like an air hockey table and a lacrosse goal the kids no longer use as well to reduce our total square footage requirements for holding "stuff" by at least 250 square feet.    Feels absolutely awesome!

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3663 on: August 15, 2016, 02:58:11 AM »

My constant goal with organising is to make it easy for the other people who live in my house to be able to use and then put away stuff. If its not easy to get out or put away, likely there is too much stuff in the space it is being stored.

YES! This is the very essence of it for me. Everything should be easy to put away, or there is too much stuff there.

I find it hard with things like reusable shopping bags. I have too many and they are always falling off their pegs and getting in a tangle. But I know they do wear out, and I will need them eventually. I should put some 'away' and use and reuse a few until I need some more.

I have noticed things do wear out more quickly when you have fewer of them. But it's also very satisfying to know that something has performed its function well to the very end, and then to let it go.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #3664 on: August 15, 2016, 05:19:49 PM »
Saturday I put four things out in the driveway with free signs. Two ugly office chairs were taken. The things that were not taken were put back in the basement. Today, a woman came and bought a few more things, and my husband threw in an ugly chair for free.

Every useless thing (useless to us) that leaves the house leaves me feeling lighter and more at peace.

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3665 on: August 15, 2016, 07:38:35 PM »
Been dealing with a really difficult eBay buyer who is making me badly want to throw rocks at her. Endless questions and messages, all written "liek dis". Not happy with anything. Wants to negotiate everything.

I just keep reminding myself that it's still less stuff to deal with, even if the money isn't worth it for this amount of frustration.

I'm still blocking her from buying from me ever again though. Some measure of justice.

Money Badger

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3666 on: August 15, 2016, 08:09:43 PM »
A little testimony...

This weekend, put around $600 of craigslist postings up for various tools (ladders, generator, weed sprayer, etc.) and also took $250 worth of clothing and electronics to Goodwill to shave off next year's taxes...   The ladder already sold,,,

Soooo close to selling another $100 pump sprayer...    Next, going list another ladder and a yard artsy wheelbarrow that should add $350 or so...   

@mustachepungoeshere,  So sorry to hear about your eBay experience.    I've had surprising luck with local buyers on free sites like the US Craigslist and 1 other specialty site...   The amazing sale was a vintage surf board at collector prices... sold to a man 1 mile away from my house almost 200 miles in-land.    Have faith in the old fashioned personal touch type of sales.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3667 on: August 16, 2016, 12:13:03 AM »
I keep reading here and also The Millenials and feel almost ready to release my books <sigh>

Chranstronaut

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3668 on: August 16, 2016, 06:50:27 AM »
Not exactly "clutter" but my fiance spent a few hours tearing down old wiring in the basement that wasn't hooked up to anything.  WOW!  With open ceilings showing all the floor joists, it looks so much better.  Almost all the exposed wiring was from when our house was a rental and they kept running new phone and cable lines for each tenant.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3669 on: August 16, 2016, 05:02:50 PM »
I haven't posted here is a while, but finally got 4 boxes of random bric-a-brac to the family store, and 3 green garbage bags of vetbed to the local animal rescue.
I have at least a car load of books to heave out yet - but at least I've worked out where to take them.

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3670 on: August 16, 2016, 06:02:41 PM »
My son received the Lego he ordered with birthday money from Amazon and I'm planning to use the ridiculously large box (that held a tiny Lego set) to release some books to the thrift store:-)

Rural

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3671 on: August 17, 2016, 02:03:42 AM »
Not exactly "clutter" but my fiance spent a few hours tearing down old wiring in the basement that wasn't hooked up to anything.  WOW!  With open ceilings showing all the floor joists, it looks so much better.  Almost all the exposed wiring was from when our house was a rental and they kept running new phone and cable lines for each tenant.

Now sell that copper!

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #3672 on: August 18, 2016, 07:48:26 PM »
We have three printers in this house. THREE. For the last year or two none of them worked with my laptop. My Other Human never prints at home because he is a high lord muckety-muck of computers at his work, and he prints whatever needs to be printed there. After a day spent running large systems with thousands of users, the last thing he wants to do is mess with my one-user system.

Yesterday I got out the printer I could fit on my desk, hooked it up to the laptop and futzed with it a little, and winner-winner, chicken dinner, I can print.

So, good people,of the Internet, what does one do with two superfluous printers? Sell? Donate? Recycle? Is there a market for printers or where can I recycle them?

DagobertDuck

• Bristles
« Reply #3673 on: August 19, 2016, 01:22:08 PM »
A set of ink cartridges costs about the same as a new inktjet printer (hurray for planned obsolescence and the razorblad business model), so around here used inkjet printers do about $ 5.

Trudie

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3674 on: August 19, 2016, 01:28:59 PM »
The thrift store is on my way to and from work so I've started taking stuff at least once a week.  Even if it's just a few items at a time it at least encourages me to keep going.

I have some nicer gardening pots that I'm going to sell (hopefully).  And I really need to go through my clothes.

Money Badger

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3675 on: August 20, 2016, 05:42:53 AM »

So, good people,of the Internet, what does one do with two superfluous printers? Sell? Donate? Recycle? Is there a market for printers or where can I recycle them?

As the eloquent DagobertDuck noted, used printers are junk most likely.   I'd try a facebook post to friends to see if someone might want them (if the manufacturer or ink stop type online outlets still stock the cartridges for them).   Or just Goodwill/donate them and take the tax deduction.

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #3676 on: August 21, 2016, 02:45:11 PM »
donated this Saturday: 1 steamer, used once (in the box), boys cargo shorts-never worn, 1 dress , 1 dressy shirt, 1 dressy T shirt, 1 pair jeans (tommy hilfiger), 1 pair pants H&M (were too small) and other 4-5 items...(I can't even remember what)
feels very good to have 1/2 drawer empty

conversely: I needed 1 pair flats for work and abstained from buying more, I only got 1 pair ;)

SaskyStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3677 on: August 22, 2016, 10:43:25 AM »
Garage sale on the weekend and cleared out a lot of things from the house, including pairing down my books by about 75%. Sold or gave away all of the big items, so everything that remained at the end of the day fit easily into the back of the suburban and went to goodwill. Nothing made it back into the house! Well maybe 2 books... but otherwise nothing else.

kaleidoscopicalkris

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3678 on: August 22, 2016, 11:22:31 AM »
My fiancee and I had a free afternoon this weekend, so we went through and pulled two garbage bags worth of clothes to donate. My younger sister is doing a donation drive that will accept anything, so I would love to get everything cleared out by then.

Next up is the bucket of old bank statements that need shredded. Hey, maybe that one'll be tonight!

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #3679 on: August 22, 2016, 08:00:38 PM »

Next up is the bucket of old bank statements that need shredded. Hey, maybe that one'll be tonight!

instead of shredding I am reducing them to a pulp, by dunking them in the water and mixing a bit
(doing this because I don't have a shredder)

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3680 on: August 23, 2016, 01:00:11 AM »

instead of shredding I am reducing them to a pulp, by dunking them in the water and mixing a bit

What a great idea! And so obvious too ...

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3681 on: August 23, 2016, 01:28:11 AM »
Put a belt in the donate box. I don't know why this decision was so hard, I've known I don't like it or wear it for months but couldn't part with it. Now the guilt every time I look at it will be gone.

Astatine

• Magnum Stache
  • Pronouns: they/them
« Reply #3682 on: August 23, 2016, 04:08:43 AM »

Yes! Must remember this for when I next file/cull papers. And then I will add the pulp to our compost bin :D

Juneboogie

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • 5 o'clock shadow
« Reply #3683 on: August 23, 2016, 09:57:56 PM »
I am New to the boards so I haven't read many previous posts...forgive me if this has already been suggested.  My neighborhood of Boston has a "Buy Nothing *insert name of town or neighborhood here*" Facebook page which is amazing.  People post photos of items they want to get rid of, & those who are interested comment & then arrange for pickup.  I have gotten rid of so many things that otherwise would have gone into the trash ( half-used bag of charcoal, unwanted packaged food gift from family, once-used bottle of sunscreen that gave me a rash, etc).  Conversely, I have seen people post requests for items they want to upborrow or have.  I am always surprised at how often those requests are answered.  Check it out, there may be one for your town too, or you could start one!

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3684 on: August 23, 2016, 10:54:12 PM »
Funnily enough, I've been using my Buy Nothing group just today to pass on some kitchen stuff I no longer needed!

1967mama

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3685 on: August 23, 2016, 11:38:38 PM »
Put one of those tiny potpourri crockpots in the giveaway box today. At this pace, it will take me 100 years to get the place in ship shape!

4alpacas

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3686 on: August 24, 2016, 02:07:53 PM »
I am New to the boards so I haven't read many previous posts...forgive me if this has already been suggested.  My neighborhood of Boston has a "Buy Nothing *insert name of town or neighborhood here*" Facebook page which is amazing.  People post photos of items they want to get rid of, & those who are interested comment & then arrange for pickup.  I have gotten rid of so many things that otherwise would have gone into the trash ( half-used bag of charcoal, unwanted packaged food gift from family, once-used bottle of sunscreen that gave me a rash, etc).  Conversely, I have seen people post requests for items they want to upborrow or have.  I am always surprised at how often those requests are answered.  Check it out, there may be one for your town too, or you could start one!
I also love our Buy Nothing group.  I've given away a few things, and I've received a few things that I would have spent money on otherwise. 

robtown

• Stubble
« Reply #3687 on: August 24, 2016, 02:28:32 PM »
I put out a few dozen CDs for free and two nice stands for $5.   I also gave away a good sized bin with a dozen hardback and paperback books.  It also contained a camera, flip phone, blood pressure monitor, and other free stuff.

Another 20 lbs of stuff went to the trash can.       All in all,  it hardly put a dent in my office....

SuperSaver

• Stubble
« Reply #3688 on: August 24, 2016, 03:52:37 PM »
Oi vey! This weekend I went to my dad's house and got Everything that is still mine but was in basement storage (excluding Christmas decorations) and brought it to my house. My formerly empty living room has 11 Rubbermaid totes I am now going through and purging.

Culled books from my childhood book collection for donation. About two totes are school papers I can burn/recycle (I didn't want to leave them behind for my stepmother to take care of) and the rest are either stuff from college or sewing/craft supplies. I also got my art desk and chair and my dressmaker mannequin. So I feel overwhelmed with stuff I want to sort through but am slammed the next two weeks with charity work in the evenings so I'm trying not to panic. I've been reminding myself once this is done we won't be bringing in more stuff. We have to make a wedding registry soon and it'll be only sorely needed items like bedsheets and meat thermometer, etc.

Money Badger

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3689 on: August 24, 2016, 09:09:41 PM »
Soooo close to selling another $100 pump sprayer...    Next, going list another ladder and a yard artsy wheelbarrow that should add $350 or so...   

An update (to keep myself motivated)...   Ladder, sold!  Pump sprayer, sold!  Rusty lacrosse goal, sold! 2nd ladder, have a nibble so fingers crossed!!   So just in sold items that's $240 so far for around 4 hours work.   Not counting chickens, but have another $600 in listings that may net maybe another $400 after it's all done.   And I can actually walk through the basement and my garage again as a bonus!

startswithhome

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3690 on: August 29, 2016, 11:40:15 AM »
Sold a commercial cotton candy machine and related gear - $425,
papers waiting to be shredded for free at school (1 grocery bag),
and broke my food processor :(.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3691 on: August 29, 2016, 01:19:26 PM »
Sorry about your food processor, startswithhome!  :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend I:

Put a bag of knickknacks/dust collectors and a pair of slacks into my vehicle to be donated.

Rid of a few expired items from our medicine/vitamin drawer.

Two stacks of empty egg cartons are ready for my chicken owning friend to pick up.

Cleared out a bunch of never used recipes from a large binder, and replaced them with current low carb recipes.

My next goal in the next few weeks is to purge short sleeve, warm weather shirts I never wear before replacing them with the bin of cooler weather shirts and sweaters.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #3692 on: August 29, 2016, 07:53:27 PM »
On Saturday a friend and I are doing a flea market together. Our space costs $20, and we will be selling from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm. Usually we leave having made between $40-60 over the expenses, but that isn't really the point. We  sit in our deck chairs and people watch and talk and eat hotdogs. It is a chance to catch up and get rid of crap at the same time. And we bargain with buyers and just enjoy the day. Whatever does not sell goes to the Washington Area Rescue League's thrift store.

If you have never been to a flea market, you should go to one at least once, for the experience.

Imustacheyouaquestion

• Bristles
« Reply #3693 on: August 29, 2016, 08:43:12 PM »
CU Tiger, what's the flea market? I've been looking for a way to get rid of some items in the DC area - is it too late to sign up now? I don't have a yard to hold a garage sale and many items feel like they're not worth listing individually on Craigslist, but I'd love to get *some* money for them if possible.

CU Tiger

• Bristles
« Reply #3694 on: August 30, 2016, 01:22:07 AM »
CU Tiger, what's the flea market? I've been looking for a way to get rid of some items in the DC area - is it too late to sign up now? I don't have a yard to hold a garage sale and many items feel like they're not worth listing individually on Craigslist, but I'd love to get *some* money for them if possible.

Here is the basic info:

Germantown Community Flea Market
The Germantown Community Flea Market is held the first Saturday of each month from April through November. The Flea Market is open from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM in the MARC train station parking lot located at Route 118 and Bowman Mill Drive. For information on renting a space, please call 301.972.2707.

The simple answer is that the spaces are first come, first served. You pay your space fee going in. You NEED to be there early to set up (we get there at 6:00 am and are always latecomers) because even though the market is supposed to start at 8:00 am, there are always early birds. Also, once the spaces are gone, they are gone.

My friend and I joke that some of the larger spaces must get there on Friday night.

Price stuff to sell, and be ready to bargain and come down on price. The point is to get rid of your stuff, so you have to let go of your attachment to things. We sell so many things for .50 - $1 and still make money because doing it together we have a lot of stuff.

We will be the two women with tables of misc stuff and a bunch of little cocker spaniels. The dogs are not for sale, we just bring them as company.

theadvicist

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3695 on: August 30, 2016, 03:40:25 AM »
Went through my shoes again and found two pairs I was ready to let go. Left some out for my husband to consider and he decided to keep them all despite never wearing them. Sigh.

However, my low pressure tactics did pay off in another area. I went through all his t-shirts and made a pile of ones I thought he might be ready to part with. Of 8 t-shirts he was done with 7 of them, only 1 went back in the drawer! So I'll take that, even with the shoe failure.

Spent yesterday getting the house ready for some building work. Making sure it was organised so as to be easy to dust sheet and cause minimal problems for the builders. Reminded me again that stuff = hassle.

I also threw out a pair of hotel slippers I had worn through. Of our stash I'm down to three pairs now. I don't know what we were keeping them for. Happy to 'use them up'. As a bonus I've 'needed' a new pair of slippers for about 18 months now but after deciding to make do with the hotel ones until they are all gone, I've put that purchase off for a long time.

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3696 on: August 30, 2016, 04:32:44 AM »
With a little bit of sadness but a little bit more of decluttering joy I offloaded all my Terry Pratchett Discworld novels to the local library. About 25 of them all up including a couple of special editions.

Have loved them so much over the years, but been wanting to get rid of them for a few months now as they are just sitting there accumulating dust.

Someone else can share the joy of Rincewind, the Burser, Ridcully, the Dean and the Librarian "oook"; Nanny, Granny & Magrat; Lu Tze, Pteppic, Brutha; Lord Vetenari, Carrot, Vimes & Detritus; and of course the somewhat more mythical characters, from the Hogfather to the Death of Rats, Death himself and Death's granddaughter Susan, whom I had somewhat of a crush on :D

I will miss them much, but I am free of lugging them around in physical form!

Debts_of_Despair

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3697 on: August 30, 2016, 10:18:09 AM »
Sold old hockey elbow pads on eBay.  Only got a few bucks for them but still better than sending them to landfill.

ariapluscat

• Bristles
« Reply #3698 on: August 30, 2016, 01:22:42 PM »
I have such a pile of stuff waiting to be taken to goodwill that the stuff broke the storage hanger and all fell over!
Guess I really am going to goodwill tomorrow

tomita

• Stubble
« Reply #3699 on: August 31, 2016, 06:01:35 AM »

glad to hear that :)

took a while to reply as we are vacationing in Nova Scotia now...has anyone any suggestions for things to do/ see while down here  (Lunenburg County) we love it!!!