Author Topic: Get Fit with Exercise! Was-->100 Pushups + 200 Situps. Join Me!  (Read 37547 times)

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Goal: 100 Pushups + 200 Situps. Join Me!
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2014, 02:32:04 PM »
I still can't get around doing sit-ups. I may have a psychological blockage that stops me from lying on the floor, or even on a gym mat. I am still doing my usual workout alternating between Prime Mover HIIT (workout 8 now) most days, and a workout of 40 sets of 10 pushups and 40 sets of 10 squats, with 10 seconds rest between each set.

What is Prime Mover? I have a feeling I should Google it.

I really love this app, which is the first and only app I ever bought (I think it was $2.99). It is a great workout, especially if you have a busy schedule. As I said earlier, I used to think I was fit because I was running 5-6 days a week, then got injured. I tried this app just for fun (workout 1 was free), and after doing workout #1, I quickly realized my shortcomings. Workout 1 to 7 were progressively harder, but still enjoyable. I am now at workout 8 which I still can't complete with 100% success. I cheated a little and did workout 9, and I seriously wanted to puke after the first set of exercises.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.sm4business.primemover

Hamster

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2014, 04:46:49 PM »
How is everyone doing?
I got up to just over 50 consecutive push ups. Then I stopped in January after a rib fracture, and never restarted the 'challenge'. I was in a bit of a funk with not enough sleep, too much work, and way too little exercise - definitely my laziest start to a new year in a long time.

I've been biking a bit more the past few weeks, turning things around, and doing a few odd sets of 25 push ups a few times a week. I need to get back on something consistent. My wife was just asking me if there is a 3 minute version of the 7 minute workout for her to do :-)

Anyone have ideas for a new challenge to do as a group? I should check out the Prime Mover thing.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2014, 09:40:13 AM »
I still can't get around doing sit-ups. I may have a psychological blockage that stops me from lying on the floor, or even on a gym mat. I am still doing my usual workout alternating between Prime Mover HIIT (workout 8 now) most days, and a workout of 40 sets of 10 pushups and 40 sets of 10 squats, with 10 seconds rest between each set.

What is Prime Mover? I have a feeling I should Google it.

I really love this app, which is the first and only app I ever bought (I think it was $2.99). It is a great workout, especially if you have a busy schedule. As I said earlier, I used to think I was fit because I was running 5-6 days a week, then got injured. I tried this app just for fun (workout 1 was free), and after doing workout #1, I quickly realized my shortcomings. Workout 1 to 7 were progressively harder, but still enjoyable. I am now at workout 8 which I still can't complete with 100% success. I cheated a little and did workout 9, and I seriously wanted to puke after the first set of exercises.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.sm4business.primemover

I am going to look at it even though you said workout 9 made you want to puke. You're not in sales, are you? ;-)

I changed the name of this thread to "Get Fit with Exercise" so it would be more general.

The Prime Mover app looks really cool from the description. I am going to download it. Prime Mover might be my new challenge. =-)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 09:42:19 AM by oldtoyota »

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
Re: Get Fit with Exercise! Was-->100 Pushups + 200 Situps. Join Me!
« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2014, 11:14:43 AM »
Monday: Ran/walked 1-2 miles
Tuesday: Combo of pushups, squats, lunges, plank.

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #154 on: May 20, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
How is everyone doing?

I got up to 50+, but then I punctured my hand mountain biking and couldn't do anything for a few weeks.

These days I've been doing burpees twice a day. They both wake me up in the morning and knock me out at night, which is cool.

Ian

• Bristles
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2014, 05:23:29 PM »
Does anyone have article recommendations about exercising early in the morning? I've heard people say that it's both good and bad for muscle growth and I'm not sure where to begin getting better information.

The issue is that it's getting hot enough that if I exercise I will need to shower, and I'd rather not shower twice per day, so it would be easiest to move my exercise before I shower for work.

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #156 on: May 20, 2014, 07:13:58 PM »
I've heard people say that it's both good and bad for muscle growth and I'm not sure where to begin getting better information.

AFAIK there is no better information. It is simultaneously good and bad and will make you tired and wake you up and give you better focus at work and ruin your sex drive and a million other things. The important thing is to do it, and it sounds like moving to the morning makes it easier to do that.

nikki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2014, 03:05:32 AM »
Does anyone have article recommendations about exercising early in the morning? I've heard people say that it's both good and bad for muscle growth and I'm not sure where to begin getting better information.

The issue is that it's getting hot enough that if I exercise I will need to shower, and I'd rather not shower twice per day, so it would be easiest to move my exercise before I shower for work.

I'm already showering twice per day :-/   The morning shower is to be presentable at work and not feel scummy (greasy hair blech!), and then I shower whenever I get home. Already. Because I am a sweaty, sweaty woman and it's already hot. But when I shower, I turn the water off during shampooing and soaping, and I work quickly. I imagine that even with two showers per day, I'm still under the average for water consumption and water heater usage.

I bought a yoga mat today so I can get back into playing my Wii Fit regularly. The Wii Fit game is fun and of course there are plenty of options, but it's not *super* challenging. The Biggest Loser game, on the other hand, kicks my ass even on the beginner level. Both have aerobics, strength training (with your own body weight), and yoga.

Ian

• Bristles
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »
AFAIK there is no better information. It is simultaneously good and bad and will make you tired and wake you up and give you better focus at work and ruin your sex drive and a million other things. The important thing is to do it, and it sounds like moving to the morning makes it easier to do that.
That's a good attitude to take. It's probably likely that the differences between variations of exercise are slight compared to the differences between something and nothing.

I'm already showering twice per day :-/   The morning shower is to be presentable at work and not feel scummy (greasy hair blech!), and then I shower whenever I get home. Already. Because I am a sweaty, sweaty woman and it's already hot. But when I shower, I turn the water off during shampooing and soaping, and I work quickly. I imagine that even with two showers per day, I'm still under the average for water consumption and water heater usage.
I'm lucky that my school doesn't skimp on the air conditioning, so I can usually avoid becoming too sweaty throughout the day. Really glad to get out of my suit after getting home, however. It's definitely gotten hot here, too.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »
How is everyone doing?

I got up to 50+, but then I punctured my hand mountain biking and couldn't do anything for a few weeks.

These days I've been doing burpees twice a day. They both wake me up in the morning and knock me out at night, which is cool.

Ouch. Hope you heal fast.

I learned what a burpee is yesterday. That is no joke.

Today's exercise focused on arms. I did a combo of push and pull exercises. Tomorrow will be a 1-2 mile jog using a combination of running and walking.

Friday will be all abs.

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #160 on: May 27, 2014, 01:46:55 PM »
Just got out of my slump on Friday.  Was slacking off and staying up late.  Friday people started answering my ad on our neighborhood facebook for empty beer bottles and someone had left them out on the porch in a bag on my running route, so I figure might as well get out there.

Saturday I had a great 12 mile bike ride with a bike trailer to get a Weber grill lid from Craigslist which I sold to a friend who wanted it and was willing to pay for me to pick it up.

Monday, got some exercise in while waiting for the Max train after visiting my dad, shoulders are killing me now.  Didn't do much more, mostly just relaxing.  But today, Tuesday, I got up bright and early, got my running shoes on and took off.  Made decent time, but can definitely improve.  Going to do this every day, just one mile around the block.  Hope to get up to 2 miles next week so I can finish it off with the 5k on the 7th.

MidwestGal

• Stubble
« Reply #161 on: May 27, 2014, 02:07:18 PM »
If it's not too late, I'd like to join this challenge...attempted the 100 push-ups more than a year ago but didn't finish.  I have started doing compound lifts again (prior lifter in school) so my challenge may be drawn out by a couple/few weeks to keep from overuse.  Just barely made it into the second column, so we'll see how this goes.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
It is never too late!

I missed two days of working out, so planning to hop back on the horse today.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2014, 09:18:06 AM »
Wow! I am feeling GREAT.

I've been doing a combo of squats, plank, pushups, stair lifts, abdominal exercises, etc, etc. I intersperse jogging with all of that.

Walking, running, and plain ol' standing are all easier. I did not know standing could even get easier, but it did.

I AM VERY HUNGRY ALL THE TIME NOW. =-)

MidwestGal

• Stubble
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2014, 09:20:55 AM »
I was doing well, and also throwing in barbell exercises and extra biking until I got bit by a dog.  There's a thread on here about it.  Currently walking with a cane, but that's a heck of a lot nicer than hobbling around!  I plan to hop back in the program and on the bike as soon as possible.  How many pushups/situps are you at now?

Don't let the hungry erase those gains.

Ian

• Bristles
« Reply #165 on: June 06, 2014, 03:32:36 PM »
After doing my normal routine for a while I decided to change things up... and dang, are dips supposed to be hard? I never thought of them as all that serious of a bodyweight exercise, but I'm having trouble doing many reps in a row. Maybe the fact that the bars are too narrow for me is a slight handicap, or maybe I've just found a major weakness of mine.

Icecreamarsenal

• Pencil Stache
  • Burnt
« Reply #166 on: June 06, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2014, 11:03:09 AM »
I was doing well, and also throwing in barbell exercises and extra biking until I got bit by a dog.  There's a thread on here about it.  Currently walking with a cane, but that's a heck of a lot nicer than hobbling around!  I plan to hop back in the program and on the bike as soon as possible.  How many pushups/situps are you at now?

Don't let the hungry erase those gains.

I am so sorry about the dog bite.

I removed the focus from sit-ups and pushups. IIRC, I reached the pushup goal of 100. I did not make 200 sit-ups at one time. I was also aiming for plank for 90 seconds or something like that. I was getting bored with that, so I moved on to a more integrated approach that works different areas of my body and then intersperses running/walking into the mix. This new approach is more balanced and has me feeling great. I still do sit-ups, pushups and planks yet I am not using variations (one-footed pushups, sit-ups with toe touches, planks that incorporate lifting weights) and those variants keep me from getting bored.

WHat does your comment about the food mean? Is it suggesting that I won't make gains if I don't eat enough? If so, I have been wondering about that topic and think I need to find out more.

nikki

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2014, 06:58:12 PM »
I've been regularly playing The Biggest Loser on Wii Fit, which I'm happy to say is easier this time than when I first got the game over four years ago. I'm stronger to start! But that doesn't mean it's too easy or ineffective... I'm scared of the next difficulty levels!

MidwestGal

• Stubble
« Reply #169 on: June 09, 2014, 07:56:56 AM »
WHat does your comment about the food mean? Is it suggesting that I won't make gains if I don't eat enough? If so, I have been wondering about that topic and think I need to find out more.

That's pretty much what I meant.  I'm a former musclehead, and quit for a while but kept in contact with some buddies who never fell off the wagon.  If you're going strictly for useable gains (prison muscle) then this may not mean anything.  But if you mean to grow (show muscle) then some of the best things you can do is rest and eat (healthy).  Many people want to fit in the happy medium.  The whole adage about muscle not being built when you exercise but when you rest and all that was true for all of us.  A lot of it depends on your body type, metabolism, and it's a trial and error process, and a struggle sometimes to not get bored of the diet!  I started lifting again and it FEELS SO GOOD.

I have an appointment with a dietician next week to work on meal plans, I've been really bad about it lately and figure it's something healthy that my family can work at together. 

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2014, 04:20:24 PM »
Oh, this thread is inspiring. The very day after I ER, I'm joining the gym a couple of blocks down the road. I get plenty of exercise at work (18k steps per day average), but I can't wait until I can scientifically, and purposefully start to sculpt the ol' physique again. I was a gym rat back in my mid to late 20's and I really miss it.

My still-working wife is really looking forward to my return to the gym as well. ;)

cakie

• Stubble
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2014, 06:03:06 AM »
I just found this thread, some cool stuff going on here!

Now that i've finished my crazy uni class schedule, I will get back to building my strength. At the start of the year, I was using this:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/03/10/angry-birds-workout-plan/

Unfortunately, i have to be wary of my health issues, so i haven't done much exercise for 3 months, but looking forward to starting again. I was surprised how quickly my upper body strength was improving with just a few knee push-ups! 100 sounds like a LOT, though I suppose would have been capable of it in my teenage years... :P

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2014, 12:02:35 PM »

That's pretty much what I meant.  I'm a former musclehead, and quit for a while but kept in contact with some buddies who never fell off the wagon.  If you're going strictly for useable gains (prison muscle) then this may not mean anything.  But if you mean to grow (show muscle) then some of the best things you can do is rest and eat (healthy).  Many people want to fit in the happy medium.  The whole adage about muscle not being built when you exercise but when you rest and all that was true for all of us.  A lot of it depends on your body type, metabolism, and it's a trial and error process, and a struggle sometimes to not get bored of the diet!  I started lifting again and it FEELS SO GOOD.

I have an appointment with a dietician next week to work on meal plans, I've been really bad about it lately and figure it's something healthy that my family can work at together.

Thank you! I am going to see if I can put a meal plan together on my own. I'm incorporating more protein and already eat a good amount of fruits and veggies. Overall, I eat a healthy diet with few processed foods and not much sugar. I just need more of good stuff and it surprised me how fast I got hungry!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #173 on: July 15, 2014, 12:05:31 PM »
Just joined DietBetter.  There is a bet to lose 10% and two more to lose 4%.  I calculated out what I would need to do to win and figured that I have a very good chance if I stick to it.  With $100 on the line when I see that slice of pizza I think "Is that slice worth $100?"  The 4% is the toughest one, it means losing 1kg(2.2lbs) a week.

My exercise routine now is:
1) Run 1 mile each morning (~200 Cal)
2) Ride longer route from work (~100 Cal)
3) Dance for 30 minutes (~400 Cal)
4) Restart the 100 & 200 challenge (Not sure how to measure this)
5) Run a 5k every weekend (~50 Cal averaged over the week taking into account the missed 1 mile)

With #4 I'll get to the point where I'm comfortable and just repeat instead of forcing myself to progress and end up giving up.  I know I can keep this up for 1 month, then I'll just have 6% to lose by December to give me a month to keep losing or maintain.

On the other side of the equation I've made the following changes:
1) Use 1/2 cup granola instead of 1 cup granola for breakfast (~200 Cal)
2) Eat a lean and green for dinner (~200 Cal)

This gets me to around 1150 Cal removed from my diet and should put me into 1kg of weight loss a week (7716Cal/kg) with a little bit of room for error.  You can check out my progress at OpenDiet.net in my signature.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2014, 06:46:53 PM »
The goals above sound great!

I am updating. I've been exercising 5-6 times per week and doing a combination of running, abdominal work and other exercise routines to work different areas of my body. I am feeling great. I had to take days off here and there due to illness; other than that, I am chugging along pretty well!

giggles

• Stubble
    • Kiva - Change the world with a $25 loan
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2014, 09:34:16 AM »
Adding myself here.  Finally want to finish the 100 push up challenge!  My maternity leave is half over, and I finally want to start hitting the personal goals I set. 

Lose baby weight - done.  46 lbs in 13 weeks
Rx hand stand push ups
100 push up challenge
Muscle up

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2014, 10:58:18 AM »
First set of Diet Better bets are over and I am down by 5%.  I signed up for another couple 4% challenges and have to kick myself back into high gear.  I had a friend visiting the last week and it wrecked havoc on my schedule.  Now back into my routine.

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2014, 12:59:23 PM »
I am still doing 400 pushups and 400 prisoner sumo squats every other day, and my Prime Mover High Intensity Training the other days. So far so good. However, yesterday when I was at the park with the dog I dog-sit, I tried to do chin-ups. I used to be able to do ten good reps when I was in my 20s, but I could not even do one, even a lousy one. Pull-ups/Chin-ups are next on my list.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2014, 09:50:07 AM »
Adding myself here.  Finally want to finish the 100 push up challenge!  My maternity leave is half over, and I finally want to start hitting the personal goals I set. 

Lose baby weight - done.  46 lbs in 13 weeks
Rx hand stand push ups
100 push up challenge
Muscle up

Welcome!

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2014, 09:51:52 AM »
I ran today and did a workout too.

YKPhil--Good luck with the chin ups!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
I was going to restart doing some of these challenges.  I've been tracking my body fat % now which helps me know what my lean mass is.  I've been losing some while losing weight and would like to get some strength back.  With Google Opinions app I had some extra cash on Google Playstore and bought the 6 weeks app.  I'll see how far I get this time around.

I am still doing 150 situps almost every morning, so almost to the goal on that one.

Happy Little Chipmunk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2014, 06:05:05 PM »
OK, my 14 year old daughter can kick my butt. She does silks (think aerial dance/trapeze), has abs of steel and can do push ups for the first time in her life. And now that she is off to high school, she'll be running on the cross country team. Me, well, my one and only triathlon was 7 years ago and all I really do nowadays is yoga and ride my bike (of course.) My shape presents well, but I know the difference between looking OK and being in shape. I'd rather be in shape because it feels so dang good.

So I'm not sure what my workout routine will be, but my first goal is to figure it out!

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2014, 12:41:20 PM »
OK, my 14 year old daughter can kick my butt. She does silks (think aerial dance/trapeze), has abs of steel and can do push ups for the first time in her life. And now that she is off to high school, she'll be running on the cross country team. Me, well, my one and only triathlon was 7 years ago and all I really do nowadays is yoga and ride my bike (of course.) My shape presents well, but I know the difference between looking OK and being in shape. I'd rather be in shape because it feels so dang good.

So I'm not sure what my workout routine will be, but my first goal is to figure it out!

Take a look at the Mudderella website and see if you like the 12-week workout plan. It's free and created by a personal trainer. The workouts build upon one another. Good luck!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2014, 02:31:32 PM »
okay, now that I've been biking for 8 months straight, and have lost 6kg, and started eating healthy, I've started all of the programs on Just 6 Weeks except the pull-ups, mostly due to the lack of a pull-up bar.

Situps I have started from week 6 and am now on day 3, should know if I can push out 200 by end of week.
Push-ups finishing up week one tonight and will probably progress to week 2
Dips: Just completed test, around 20
Squats: Just completed test, around 30

For Push-ups, Dips, and Squats, I am doing the second from bottom tier because from experience I find that the higher tiers progress too fast.  My rotation is as follows:
MWF: Situps + Push-ups
TuThSa: Dips + Squats

I'll see how long this lasts, I am also doing some dance cardio/yoga throughout the week depending on time.  Hope to see my lean mass stay the same or increase as I'm losing weight, or at the least slow down from about a 50% loss of fat+lean to maybe 20%lean and 80%fat as tracked by body fat % taken weekly.

Happy Little Chipmunk

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #184 on: August 29, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »
Thanks, oldtoyota! Mudderella is inspiring, but also intimidating. The kids are back in school next week so I'll fool around with it then and see if I want to commit. The Just 6 Weeks app that ohyonghao is using might be more appealing. I like the simplicity, but I'll experiment.

Since my first post, I've ramped up the yoga and added a few reps of pushups throughout the day. Still doing them from my knees, but it's better than nothing. Plus I'm tracking my meditation with a timing app so I actually plant my posterior on a pillow every day. Mental health counts too!

Thanks!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #185 on: August 29, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »
Finishing up week 2 of push-ups, week 1 of dips and squats and completed the 200 Situps challenge!  Well, with 200 Situps I finished week 6 and still can't do 200, the closest I got was one week 6 day 3 I got a final round of 150, but yesterday when I tried out 200 I only got to 120 :-(.  Interesting though, the app recommended that I restart from week 4 after completing, may try just repeating the last three weeks over and over.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2014, 02:34:36 PM »
Wow. I have come so far. I can do a plank for 50 seconds with ease. I am not sure I knew what a plank was a year ago.

Today, I did a great workout and feel superb.

Ian

• Bristles
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2014, 12:13:18 AM »
Wow. I have come so far. I can do a plank for 50 seconds with ease. I am not sure I knew what a plank was a year ago.

I like planks. If you want to include more of them but get bored, I recommend using a podcast to mark time during your workout.

tarheeldan

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2014, 02:47:59 PM »
Awesome! I love seeing all the growth people strive for here!

On week 5 of the pushup challenge (3rd column) and Day 1 is kicking my ass. If I can't do it perfectly,  I make myself try again every two days before moving on. Doing the same workout with leg lifts,  which has been easier.

gwines

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »

I was trying to track through the posts. Did you ever complete the 100 consecutive pushups?

I was thinking about trying for 20 consecutive pullups. I am not following a cool app, just a protocol that I read about (that way I dont feel like I am behind ever). 4 sets of as many pullups as you can do with perfect form. Each set has a slightly narrower grip to hit different parts of the shoulder/bicep. First day is the baseline. Obviously taking a day off in between pullup training days. The next time you train, you make sure you get at least one more rep, every time you train.

Anybody care to join me?

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2014, 10:57:30 AM »

I was trying to track through the posts. Did you ever complete the 100 consecutive pushups?

I was thinking about trying for 20 consecutive pullups. I am not following a cool app, just a protocol that I read about (that way I dont feel like I am behind ever). 4 sets of as many pullups as you can do with perfect form. Each set has a slightly narrower grip to hit different parts of the shoulder/bicep. First day is the baseline. Obviously taking a day off in between pullup training days. The next time you train, you make sure you get at least one more rep, every time you train.

Anybody care to join me?

Yes. I did the 100. Or, maybe the answer depends upon how you define it. I did not start and one and then continue to 100. I took rest periods between chunks, but they were completed in a short time frame.

I've moved on to working out more of my muscle groups by following a free online workout regime. Love it. I have muscles in places I have never had muscles before.

gwines

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #191 on: September 08, 2014, 01:26:03 PM »

Anybody care to join me?

Yes. I did the 100. Or, maybe the answer depends upon how you define it. I did not start and one and then continue to 100. I took rest periods between chunks, but they were completed in a short time frame.

I've moved on to working out more of my muscle groups by following a free online workout regime. Love it. I have muscles in places I have never had muscles before.

Congrats on the 100. Muscles in places you never had muscles before...yup sounds about right for following a workout program. I think workout programs should just be called, feel good about yourself programs.

Keep it up!

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #192 on: September 11, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »

I like planks. If you want to include more of them but get bored, I recommend using a podcast to mark time during your workout.

Thanks! I do get bored.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #193 on: September 11, 2014, 10:34:40 AM »

Anybody care to join me?

Congrats on the 100. Muscles in places you never had muscles before...yup sounds about right for following a workout program. I think workout programs should just be called, feel good about yourself programs.

Keep it up!

Thank you! I've added in new-to-me pushups, too. I do pushups in a downward facing dog sort of position. I also do wide and narrow pushups to work out different muscles.

I took a few days off due to travel, so it's time to get back to it after work today. =-) I am looking forward to it too!

tomq04

• Stubble
« Reply #194 on: September 12, 2014, 05:44:56 PM »
Want to add my thumbs up to Prime Mover, that's a great app for a good price and a serious butt kicking workout in 20-30 minutes.

YK-Phil

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
Want to add my thumbs up to Prime Mover, that's a great app for a good price and a serious butt kicking workout in 20-30 minutes.

I have been using Prime Mover for about 10 months now, and now trying to complete level 9 since July and have not been able to finish it with 100%, and I doubt I will succeed anytime soon, mostly due to the Superman plank...How are you doing so far?

I alternate Prime Mover with a pushup/squat routine which I really enjoy. Every other day, I do 400 squats and 400 pushups in sets of 20, with about 10-20 seconds between set. It takes about 40 minutes to complete. On days I can't do my workouts (when I do a double shift for example) and can't start sweating in my office clothes, I do sets of 20 pushups throughout the day, up to 500 now. It is not a complete workout, but it keeps me pumped up throughout the whole day.

tomq04

• Stubble
« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2014, 03:04:13 PM »
I just received my final CPA passing score, so i only started last week :)  got a 98% on the first workout 2nd time through.  I'm planning on doing 3 days/week of this (M/W/F), run on an alternate day (likely Th and Sat), and do my damndest to ride my bike to work at least 3 times/week.

oldtoyota

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2014, 03:16:19 PM »
I am feeling great and strong. I'm doing a Tough Mudder event this weekend. Woot!

ohyonghao

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2014, 03:05:44 PM »
I am feeling great and strong. I'm doing a Tough Mudder event this weekend. Woot!

How'd the event go?  Is it similar to the Spartan or Iron Man events?  My friends done the Spartan two years in a row, and may do a third one.

As for me, life took a bunch of turns the past couple weeks.  Good, but stressful, things happening which threw my whole schedule off.  Completed all my diet bets and starting to get back in the groove.  Also that same friend got a bike and now we've been doing a lot more biking trying to see who can log more miles.  Doing a 20mi ride this weekend hopefully, while hitting up some 10mi rides during the week.