Author Topic: February Cycling Challenge  (Read 5429 times)

etselec

• Stubble
February Cycling Challenge
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:58:26 AM »
Y'all know the drill by now. If you logged miles last month, you've got a sheet set up in this month's chart. If you need help figuring out how to add yourself, just ask.

Happy February, everyone!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhzXhRnI6IaDdFdXZkVjRVMyaVhocjZwMVZHOC1iSmc#gid=1

crazy jane

• Bristles
Re: February Cycling Challenge
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
Thank you. I tried to enter my miles, but was not able to. :(

etselec

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:06 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up - I found and fixed an error. Miles should populate properly to the main page now.

Russ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 06:01:51 AM »
I think crazy jane means it's read-only

Ottawa

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 06:11:20 AM »
I'm in..except I don't currently have a working bike!  My winter commuter is toasted - I'm desperately looking for a replacement.  It's not easy finding a reasonable second hand bike (i.e. not boxstore junk) at this time of year.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend...

smalllife

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 06:25:01 AM »
Back on the bike train!  Stupid weather (I'm a non-precipitation biker) has been crimping my style lately but it felt amazing to bike today! :-)

. . . . I don't see a "Duplicate Me" tab at the bottom?

etselec

• Stubble
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 08:08:23 AM »
OK - now there's a Duplicate Me tab & it's not read-only anymore. Sorry guys - I must've been half-asleep when I created this...

PindyStache

• Stubble
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:44:06 AM »
TY Etselec!

Mori

• Stubble
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »
Awesome! Thanks!

Aiming for more miles this month than last. :) Exciting.

Shor

• Bristles
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 09:56:20 AM »
Thank you Etselec.
Now I have all the more reason to force myself on the bike this month.. and it's raining! Woe is me.. (S. California rain.. Ha!)
Still biked today, feels fantastic!

Nancy

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »
Thanks, etselec! Last year, I biked a whopping 2 miles during February. Pretty sure I'm going to beat that!

Eggman111

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 07:06:02 PM »
I'm new here, so I just added my name to the list. I bike to work every day (have been for almost 4 years) so that gives me 9.4 miles per working day.
To add to the challenge, I'm also starting biking if I meet friends in the evening rather than just driving.
The next step is to find a bike trailer to get groceries...

etselec

• Stubble
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 02:20:19 PM »
Welcome, Eggman! Good luck with getting the trailer - I actually do all my grocery shopping with just a single grocery pannier, but then again, I am only cooking for one & I tend to frequent lots of different grocery stores, so I'm never buying very much food at once.

PindyStache

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 09:32:39 AM »
Just bring a bungee cord or two for groceries! :)

I also do panniers + a backpack I've had since 2nd grade; this for a family of 3.

etselec

• Stubble
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2014, 09:59:42 AM »
I fell yesterday - icy trolley tracks + swerving to avoid a double-parked car. And I was just getting back into the swing of things! Fortunately I walked away with just a badly skinned knee and a ruined pair of pants...hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get back to biking next week. Be careful on the ice out there, folks!

Mori

• Stubble
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
@etselec: That sucks! Glad you are okay.

Weather's pretty good here. I could finally get out on my bike w/o dodging snow and ice. Made it all the way to work (~9mi) and feel like a badass. :)

Edited to add--But somehow I lost my rear light! :( Drat.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:53:16 PM by Mori »

Shor

• Bristles
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2014, 01:23:46 PM »
So lately I've been feeling super tired all day, every morning, super crampy. Work is getting super stressing.. it's just a whole day of complainy-pants leading in to not biking...

This week: 3 days missed biking, and 2x went out for lunch with coworkers! Feeling poorly landslides into self-indulgence!
My resolve is slipping. Haaaalp! >.<

PindyStache

• Stubble
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
This week was a poor one for me as well... holiday on Monday, had to take kid to Dr. on Tuesday, was just running too late Wednesday, and then today day care's late start meant another clown car day...

At least I got to bike yesterday when we had the biggest snow of the season so far!

TrMama

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 03:02:41 PM »
Youpee! I got to ride today!

I've been horribly sick for the past 3 weeks and have been spending all my time either at work or laying on the couch. This weekend I was finally able to return to the land of the living.

Of course, it snowed this weekend and last night so my first ride back was on the ancient mountain bike in the snow. I also had a few heart attack moments because I'm now pathetically out of shape from doing nothing but cough for the past three weeks. But it's good to feel alive!

So lately I've been feeling super tired all day, every morning, super crampy. Work is getting super stressing.. it's just a whole day of complainy-pants leading in to not biking...

This week: 3 days missed biking, and 2x went out for lunch with coworkers! Feeling poorly landslides into self-indulgence!

If you're physically able to able to get out of bed and ride, then it's a great day! Take advantage of it!

Shor

• Bristles
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 03:29:19 PM »

If you're physically able to able to get out of bed and ride, then it's a great day! Take advantage of it!
Hai! Started up my routine exercises fresh this week. It was a bit rough at first, but I really want to finish off this month strong! If it were easy, more people would do it!

scottydog

• Stubble
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
I'm finally back in the saddle after a 2 month hiatus for snow and a minor elective surgery.  I've picked up a winter beater and it's about the lowest quality you can find but even so it's liberating to be able to just ride anywhere again!  It's also sobering to realize how out of shape I've become. :-) 

This is my first experience with winter cycling and it's way better than I'd feared.