Author Topic: February Cycling Challenge 2018  (Read 2209 times)

jordanread

February Cycling Challenge 2018
« on: February 01, 2018, 01:49:07 PM »
The cycling challenge for February 2018 is up and ready for you to start (or continue) riding!!
If you logged miles last month, and selected "Remember Me" on the form, you have been added to this month's sheet already.

If you didn't log miles last month, or are a new participant
Click here to fill out the form.
You can access the sheet directly at this link.
I can manually grab your historical data too, so if it's off, just let me know.  If they aren't there within a day, or you have any other issues with the sheet, hit me up via email, Google+ Hangouts, PM, or just comment on this thread.
You can also join the MMM Strava Group for additional metrics and motivation. Happy Biking.

Thegoblinchief

Re: February Cycling Challenge 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 06:53:35 AM »
If I’m only riding indoors right now, can I still sign up?

jordanread

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 07:34:59 AM »
If I’m only riding indoors right now, can I still sign up?

Yeah, you can. If you want to differentiate it, your username is they key. You can fill out the form and do something like HarbingerofBunnies_Trainer if you want to keep them separate (like we've had people do Username_EBike and the like). Just get some movement going. I'll message you shortly with another question.

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:46:30 PM »
Trying to start the biking habit with biking to the gym. It's about 1 mile each way, so 2 miles total. Today was the first day. It felt great! I'm trying to pump up my stache this year so working on changing lots of habits.

jordanread

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 04:24:21 PM »
Trying to start the biking habit with biking to the gym. It's about 1 mile each way, so 2 miles total. Today was the first day. It felt great! I'm trying to pump up my stache this year so working on changing lots of habits.

Shoot, I bet it even saves time on the warm up and cool down (but listen to your body, don't take my word for it and hurt yourself). Back when I did gym stuff, biking was amazing as a way to get here. Glad to have you here.

FIstateofmind

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 06:55:24 AM »

Shoot, I bet it even saves time on the warm up and cool down (but listen to your body, don't take my word for it and hurt yourself). Back when I did gym stuff, biking was amazing as a way to get here. Glad to have you here.

Totally! I think I burned twice as many calories as I normally do cardio wise and was able to complete my workout in less time. My tire seemed a bit flat and deflated so I need to do some maintenance on it. Going to try to bike to the gym every other day.

hadabeardonce

• Bristles
  • It's never too early to learn the value of money.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 04:19:37 PM »
Added my name. I have a 10mi round trip commute that I did three days last week and did today.

Kmp2

• Bristles
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 05:00:39 PM »
I got a ride in, I got a ride in! Hurray!

It'd been 7 weeks since I'd been on my bike, and as I'm now 6.5 months pregnant... I wasn't sure how stable I'd be.
Turns out my upright, super low step through with studs is fine! (Although I might be running out of low gears) Unfortunately our weather sucks! We have had an almost had record breaking amount of snowfall this month, and have broken the record for snow on the ground! That coupled with our total inability to clear snow... the plows just push it around and they are running out of space - means I have only a few safe places to bike at my slow speed.

It has been our anniversary tradition to frostbike to a restaurant downtown, but I didn't think I'd get that far... so we put our bikes on the car and headed to a pathway that takes us right downtown, then we had our date night dinner and hot chocolate on restaurants that are either right on the path, or just off a cycletrack, and then we biked back to the car and drove home. 7km roundtrip bike... @ -18C with a biting wind!

Biking is so great for my mood, hips, sleep etc.! What I wouldn't do for just a little more infrastructure and maintenance to make winterbiking a bit more accessible.

jordanread

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 08:15:55 AM »