Author Topic: Eliminate 7.5k student debt by end of July  (Read 27876 times)

Kio

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: Eliminate 7.5k student debt by end of July
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »
Alright all, here is an end of month update for our loans:

June 2013: $36,255.62
July 2013: $34,657.15

Difference: $1,598.47

A little disappointed with this difference, but we also took 2 road trips during this month to visit family, so there were some extra expenses there.  We definitely can be more Mustachian next month!

We were supposed to get to pay off our 'spotlight loan' this month, but the people over at our lending office Edgeucation Loans are always getting confused, and they applied our payment wrong.  Usually I call back, but we have a few massive payments coming in August, and I'd rather just make sure those go through correct.  There is only so much time that I can spend on hold with these people :-/ 

Also, I just found out the loans are getting sold again!  They were just sold in April from Direct Loans to Edgeucation, and in Sept. they are heading off to MOHELA.  Ugh. There was such a headache in the last transfer that I am NOT looking forward to another one.  Its really a great motivation to get these loans gone... every time they get sold off I feel like such a chump, since, you know, my debt is somebody else's asset.  :(

I am also going to do a 0% balance transfer for one of our loans over to my Discover card in August. Its great timing to be able to do it before they sell to MOHELA, because at least Discover has their shit together enough to know how to apply payments!  Not sure how much MOHELA is going to suck, but I haven't heard many positive reviews online.

Anyway, August is going to rock because it is triple paycheck month, bonus month, and we don't have any planned big expenses. YAY!

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to say that we paid off our Student Loan balance in full last week!!

peterpatch

• Stubble
Re: Eliminate 7.5k student debt by end of July
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2014, 01:40:04 PM »

Hey everyone!  Just wanted to say that we paid off our Student Loan balance in full last week!!

Student debt is a shackle, enjoy the freedom!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!