Author Topic: Eat All The Food In Your House - Take 2  (Read 1183462 times)

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
Re: Eat All The Food In Your House - Take 2
« Reply #2150 on: March 14, 2018, 12:04:08 PM »
We're eating down the freezer stock, just in time for grocery shopping tomorrow, LOL.

Recently I:
~Used a leftover half jar organic pizza sauce in enchiladas
~Ate another frozen prepared meal-only 2 more to go!
~Used up 3 bags of frozen veggies
~There are some sad looking boneless pork chops at the bottom of the freezer which I'll put into a stir fry next week.

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2151 on: March 15, 2018, 04:44:27 PM »
I'm starting to take pleasure in a bare-looking fridge, instead of having an automatic response of running to the grocery store to fill it up.

Yesterday I finally got to the bottom of a large jar of homemade kimchi, putting it on a quesadilla.

I just shredded a cabbage and set some aside for our salads early next week, and used the rest along with two apples and a lone carrot to make a nice cole slaw for tonight and tomorrow's dinners.

Today we'll have it with the red potatoes that are hanging out in the pantry, and some salmon that's lurking in the freezer.  Tomorrow will be tamales from the freezer.

Any ideas for red D'anjou pears?  I have about five of them needing to be used.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2152 on: March 15, 2018, 09:35:52 PM »
Finished off some chocolate protein shake sachets. Not something I can see myself buying in future and they were taking up pantry space.

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2153 on: March 16, 2018, 06:28:36 AM »
Any ideas for red D'anjou pears?  I have about five of them needing to be used.

Oatmeal, pear crisp with ice cream, good on salads with nuts too

aoedae

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2154 on: March 16, 2018, 06:31:10 AM »
What an awesome thread!

Definitely joining in with this - I'm leaving my accommodation on 7th June 2018 so would like to be done by then.

Alas, I can't use the cake ingredients up until lent is over as I'm on no-sugar.

My biggest challenge is probably going to be using up 5 tins of coconut milk without buying too much meat...

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2155 on: March 16, 2018, 08:34:45 AM »
My biggest challenge is probably going to be using up 5 tins of coconut milk without buying too much meat...

Smoothies,  veggie curry, sub for milk in baked goods or make coconut whipped cream

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #2156 on: March 16, 2018, 02:26:24 PM »
Use the coconut milk in chia pudding or breakfast oats?

aoedae

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2157 on: March 16, 2018, 04:00:54 PM »

Smoothies,  veggie curry, sub for milk in baked goods or make coconut whipped cream

Problem solved then. Sounds like lots of veggie curry in my future!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2158 on: March 16, 2018, 04:34:43 PM »
Over the past two weeks I've used up:
- 1 jar of marmalade
- 1 packet of French onion soup mix
- 1 bag of dried chickpeas
- 1/2 loaf of frozen white bread (from before the switch to sourdough)
- 1/2 loaf of frozen wholegrain bread (from before the switch to sourdough)
- 1 bottle of apricot nectar
- 1/2 bottle of sweet chilli sauce
- 1 bottle of chilli sauce
- 1 bottle of diet tonic water
- 1/3 bottle of BBQ sauce
- 1 packet of dark chocolate chips

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2159 on: March 18, 2018, 02:58:21 PM »
It's probably wrong how giddy I'm getting that my husband will be out of town for 10 days, starting next week. Now, I adore him, and will miss him, and logistics will be challenging with the kiddos. However, he hates seeing empty space in the fridge/freezer/pantry, and constantly restocks whenever he "thinks" we might be low on literally anything. I'm going to make a list of all of our options, and get crazy with things like breakfast for dinner (which, would be a total no go for my husband)

I'm planning to do no shopping, except likely milk & maybe a small amount of produce. It says a lot about the state of our surplus that it should be no problem. :-)

As for today, I made granola bars for the kids, and used the last of one bag of oatmeal, the last of a container of brown sugar, chocolate chips (on clearance from sometime back) x2, and the last of the agave.

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2160 on: March 18, 2018, 06:13:50 PM »
Another week closer to moving and another week of using up the freezer and pantry.

Freezer:  5 random flavors of muffins
2 bags of rhubarb used in rhubarb cake
French fries
Flank steak
Mystery peppers- went really well with the steak in wraps
Zucchini and Pumpkin puree in Muffins
Cinnamon rolls and random frosting packet
Sausage
Heavy cream

Pantry: Spaghetti
Coconut oil
Agave nectar
Millet
Curly pasta
A box of Jello
Garlic

We ate pretty well but the freezer still looks so full!   I’ve got a lot of work to do on rhubarb and pumpkin still, plus a ton of carrot top pesto that nobody likes but me.

krmit

• Stubble
« Reply #2161 on: March 18, 2018, 06:15:31 PM »
The bag of bread ends in the freezer was getting full, so I made a batch of strata with bacon and greens for dinner. Low waste, empties out my freezer, and tastes delicious!

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2162 on: March 18, 2018, 07:47:11 PM »
It's probably wrong how giddy I'm getting that my husband will be out of town for 10 days, starting next week. Now, I adore him, and will miss him, and logistics will be challenging with the kiddos. However, he hates seeing empty space in the fridge/freezer/pantry, and constantly restocks whenever he "thinks" we might be low on literally anything. I'm going to make a list of all of our options, and get crazy with things like breakfast for dinner (which, would be a total no go for my husband)

I'm planning to do no shopping, except likely milk & maybe a small amount of produce. It says a lot about the state of our surplus that it should be no problem. :-)

This made me smile. :)

Can't wait to hear about what happens when he gets home and finds "empty" cupboards.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2163 on: March 18, 2018, 08:07:08 PM »

This made me smile. :)

Can't wait to hear about what happens when he gets home and finds "empty" cupboards.

Oh, now that would just be crazy! He flies out on a Saturday morning, back the following Monday. We will stock the cupboards the weekend in between. .. he will be blissfully unaware. :-) But, I will definitely report back on how we do with our grocery budget & general pantry craziness.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2164 on: March 23, 2018, 08:39:13 AM »
Finished the last of the elusive freezer breakfast sandwiches! Hurrah. Now onto the frittatas that I made ahead & froze. Although, those should be easier to pass off this week, as the kids will be making their own breakfast while my husband is out of town.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2165 on: March 23, 2018, 12:06:14 PM »
Woot!  Good job, @MaybeBabyMustache !  High fives!

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2166 on: March 25, 2018, 07:06:34 AM »
This week was not as successful.   We lost our sweet family dog and no one was really hungry for a few days.   
Freezer:
6 Tilapia fillets
Package of frozen hotdogs
Package of basque chorizo
Green beans
A bag of pesto cubes
Black eyed peas

Pantry:
Chex Mix seasoning packet
Mixed nuts
BBQ sauce

This week I need to do a little better

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2167 on: March 25, 2018, 06:11:45 PM »
savedough, so sorry about your dog :(

Recently I've managed to use up (or, with the sugar and olive oil, get it down to the point where I just have my small everyday container full):
- 2L bottle of olive oil
- 10 lb bag of sugar
- cookie dough from freezer
- 1 bag of blackberries from freezer (1 to go)
- partial bag of mini chocolate chips
- partial bag of brown rice
- 1/2 lb bacon from freezer
- bag of pancake mix
- jar of raspberry jelly

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2168 on: March 25, 2018, 06:15:56 PM »
@savedough I am so sorry for your loss.

HappierAtHome

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2169 on: March 25, 2018, 06:21:13 PM »
Progress:
Finished off the weetbix (which we were using as a cereal / porridge for the baby). Using rice cereal and porridge oats instead now, and we won't be buying more weetbix until we've used those up.
Reorganised the freezer and found some savoury muffins in the I'd baked for the baby, which he hated and refused to eat. So now I'm taking savoury muffins in to work for snacks until they're used up.
Trying to find baking recipes that will use up lingering pantry ingredients. Coconut macaroons are looking like a good option for the huge quantity of dessicated coconut I have on hand, and I have found a decent looking GF cookie recipe for my GF flour. That will make my GF nephew happy!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #2170 on: March 25, 2018, 07:29:45 PM »
-Finished off a giant tub of popcorn last night
-Used up frozen fruit in a smoothie. Working our way through the last of protein powder
-Used most of a super clearanced bag of organic baby peppers in a chicken/rice dish on Friday
-Finished the rest of a bad bottle of wine on Friday. So happy to see it go.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2171 on: March 26, 2018, 12:07:08 PM »
@savedough, I am so sorry for your loss.  :(

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2172 on: March 26, 2018, 12:41:09 PM »
This weekend:

~Blueberries went into a lemon blueberry bread
~Almond flour has been almost completely used up in the above bread and in homemade pretzels
~Walnuts were tossed with spices and Tabasco and toasted for DH's lunch
~Odds and ends were put into small containers for lunches and snacks:  Olives, pepperoncini, small dill pickles, trail mix from Christmas, etc.
~An almost overripe avocado went into sushi, as did a bag of riced cauliflower
~Found a small baggie of toasted, mixed nuts from last month in the pantry and brought them here to the office for snacks
~Used some saved bacon grease to fry eggs in
~Sliced a lemon into my ice water
~The rest of the bacon went into BLTs last night

We don't have as much unsweetened cocoa to use up as I thought, which is good.

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2173 on: April 03, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »
Still plugging away at both the freezer and the pantry. 

Freezer-
Used all the treats in the freezer for two birthday parties this weekend.
Frozen Ground turkey for tacos (kids)
Pork roast for burritos and taco bowls (grown ups)
Split pea soup portion
Bag of corn
Black eyed peas

Fridge and Pantry:
Sauerkraut that had been in the fridge since last summer - yikes
Cilantro
Two types of tea - Coconut Chai and Mandarin Orange
Cake mix
Sugar cookie mix
One Bag of powdered sugar
Two ramen noodle cups

I made extra birthday treats and they ended up in the freezer.

I also forgot about some tiny pepperonis and sauteed onions and they ended up in the trash.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2174 on: April 04, 2018, 01:15:39 PM »
I made homemade brownies for the first time last night and they are the best I've ever tasted!  They used up leftover Christmas baking ingredients:  White and milk chocolate chips, a bit of the dark chocolate chips, and the rest of the toffee bits.  And, my prior post is incorrect:  Much to my chagrin, I found an unopened box of unsweetened cocoa lurking in the back of the pantry.

Been trying to use up a bottle of sunflower oil I won at a raffle late last year.  I just do not like that stuff!  Tonight's dinner should take care of the rest of it.

I bought a 1/4 ham last week which turned into 4 meals.  Nice!

Next up:  The pounds of pistachios given to me at Christmas....

Side note:  I told DH my grocery shopping list is going to be ruthless next week.  He responded HMMMMmmmmm....

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2175 on: April 08, 2018, 05:46:03 PM »
Keep on truckin’ along...

Freezer-
One small bag of rhubarb
Cinnamon braid bought for a fundraiser
Fajita Chili
Cornbread
Ice cream
Cream cheese
Gluten free baking mix
Mystery bone broth
Frozen Corn
Freezer waffles

aetherie

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2176 on: April 08, 2018, 07:19:44 PM »
Finished recently:

raisins
2 boxes of brownie mix
ice cream
bag of quinoa
bag of frozen shrimp
2 cans of tuna (1 left now)
the last 1/2 lb of frozen beef
bottle of lemon juice

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2177 on: April 09, 2018, 08:46:34 AM »
The SO's work gave them mason jar mixes for chocolate chip cookies (just add melted butter, an egg and vanilla). Not as good as homemade, but folks in the office ate them up quickly.

sunnyca

• Bristles
« Reply #2178 on: April 09, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Does anyone have good recipes to use up condensed cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup?  I’ve got a bunch left from a random purchase I’m now regretting...

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2179 on: April 09, 2018, 12:12:03 PM »
My kids (the two not allergic to dairy) love this....
https://www.campbells.com/kitchen/recipes/one-dish-chicken-rice-bake/

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2180 on: April 09, 2018, 12:12:33 PM »
Does anyone have good recipes to use up condensed cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup?  I’ve got a bunch left from a random purchase I’m now regretting...
The only thing I ever used cream of mushroom soup for was tuna casserole: can of tuna, cooked noodles, grated cheese, can of soup, frozen peas, mix it all together, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top, bake. Easy and quick.

Catbert

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #2181 on: April 09, 2018, 12:20:37 PM »
The only thing I ever used cream of mushroom soup for was tuna casserole: can of tuna, cooked noodles, grated cheese, can of soup, frozen peas, mix it all together, sprinkle breadcrumbs on top, bake. Easy and quick.

And you can do endless variations of this casserole...cooked ground beef or leftover chicken instead of tuna,  rice or pasta instead of noodles.  And add any type of cooked veggies (e.g., mushrooms, soy beans, carrots, broccoli, caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes).  A great way to use up other random ingredients.

PoutineLover

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2182 on: April 09, 2018, 12:30:36 PM »

And you can do endless variations of this casserole...cooked ground beef or leftover chicken instead of tuna,  rice or pasta instead of noodles.  And add any type of cooked veggies (e.g., mushrooms, soy beans, carrots, broccoli, caramelized onions, sundried tomatoes).  A great way to use up other random ingredients.
True, I do have some other versions that are similar but I never thought of it as the same thing. My mom used to make what we called "yummy stuff with no name" and it was basically just a casserole of random ingredients that needed to be cooked. Perfect for this thread :)

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2183 on: April 09, 2018, 01:43:30 PM »
LOL!  @PoutineLover, I love that name....

I shelled over a pound of pistachios to make these Saturday:  http://thetoastedpinenut.com/pistachio-cookies/

I also used up some sad looking chicken breasts from the freezer, leftover pineapple and juice, and the remnants of one of two bottles of honey in a stir fry.

Found several packets of instant coffee in the pantry and had some yesterday.

Last night I made low carb sushi with leftovers:  Nori, cream cheese, salmon and cauliflower rice.  Yum!

Used up some pinto beans in Budget Bytes Not Refried Beans over the weekend.  Froze two containers, and one will be served with tonight's breakfast quesadilla.

Put several items into containers with lids.  The pantry is starting to look really good!

You may remember me complaining about the drawer freezer several pages ago.  Well, last month DH bought a fridge/freezer from a friend who is moving and set it up in his garage.  I put several roasts in the freezer, which freed up some space in my kitchen fridge.  Thumbs up!

Frugality is fun!  :D

sunnyca

• Bristles
« Reply #2184 on: April 09, 2018, 02:06:11 PM »

True, I do have some other versions that are similar but I never thought of it as the same thing. My mom used to make what we called "yummy stuff with no name" and it was basically just a casserole of random ingredients that needed to be cooked. Perfect for this thread :)

Awesome, thanks guys!

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #2185 on: April 10, 2018, 12:58:52 AM »

Awesome, thanks guys!

I use a tin of Campbell's condensed soup as the bechamel layer in lasagne.

sassafrassin

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2186 on: April 10, 2018, 11:15:10 AM »
https://www.southernplate.com/slow-cooker-fiesta-chicken-rice/

To use up cream of chicken soup, I use this recipe all the time.  It is a favorite of everyone in the house.  I do not mix in the rice, just pour chicken mixture on top along with shredded cheese and crushed up tortilla chips.

You can use canned or homemade cream of chicken soup or cream cheese instead.

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2187 on: April 11, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »
Gave up on finding a recipe with saffron that the low-carb Silent One would like. Not worth the experimentation. So I gave an almost full container to a co-worker who I know likes to experiment in the kitchen and who had been bemoaning the cost of saffron. The co-worker was very thankful, especially when they saw how full the container was. I'm just happy it is out of the house. It was making me feel resentful and a bit of a failure.

I'm almost done my lemon pepper experiment. Put it on top of some pork tenderloin medallions that were destined for wraps with avocado & bell pepper. I'm happy to have found some things that it works for, and have no interest in buying more once this is done. Soon, very soon.

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2188 on: April 11, 2018, 07:32:43 PM »

I've used cream of mushroom soup with pork chops - actually one of the first things I ever made after I left home.    Brown the chops, mix up the soup as directed (I use water, not milk), plop the chops in, and simmer for a few hours on the stove or in a crock pot.  Right before serving I mix in some rice.   Or you can keep the rice separate, and let everyone add as much of the soup 'gravy' as they like.   

seemsright

• Bristles
« Reply #2189 on: April 14, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
My 7 year old requested orange chicken for dinner. Ummm...let me see what I can do kid. A quick google search and a few tweeks I was able to put together a orange chicken dish for the girl.

The fact that I can pull together orange chicken using $.97 cent per pound chicken, a sad looking orange, some orange marmalade that has been in the back of the fridge for I have no idea how long, some garlic that must be used, some freezer burnt ginger and some sesame oil along with a bit of corn starch and water. It looks all fancy with the bits of marmalade floating around in it. I have the chicken boiling with some bay leaf and will throw on the grill tonight. I will use some leftover rice and cook up some frozen veggie from the freezer.

I have bread raising on the counter, just made some oatmeal muffins for snacks. Tmrw I will make some english muffins.

This week (and next) I am determined to not go to the store. I have enough food in this house to feed us I just have to make it. I decided to try out a fancy CSA for two weeks to try the last two weeks of the winter CSA to see if I like it for next year. And I only have $10 bucks left in the food budget. Which will be for milk, peanut butter and bananas if I need to.  The 7 year olds lunch this week might be interesting.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #2190 on: April 15, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »
Last spring I found a lot of wild garlic and dried some of it. When drying, the whole house smelled of garlic, but the bag of dried stuff does not smell a lot. Still, today I finally used some of it.

I will soon pick a new bunch, but make puree of it, which tastes a lot.

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2191 on: April 16, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »
I'm moving right along.   This was a good week for emptying the freezer.

Used two packages of preformed hamburgers to make taco meat.  The kids like tacos more than hamburgers.
Used some chicken to make homemade chicken nuggets.
Mixed Chicken and chorizo in the crockpot to make enchilada and burrito filling.  It was amazing.
Orange Juice
A random frozen mystery lunch - turned out to be turkey and veggies with rice.
A lunch serving of pot roast.
Ice cream treats.

A bunch of stuff in the pantry that I didn't write down: Apple juice, can of black beans, rice, etc.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2192 on: April 16, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »
This weekend:

I poured the remaining bits of sugar free ketchup and most of a jar of sugar free apricot preserves along with some spices and soy sauce into a freezer bag along with chicken breasts and tossed them in the freezer for future use.  Into a different bag, I poured teriyaki sauce with spices onto chicken breasts.  This type of prepping helps with dinner on busy nights.

Used up 1/2 cup coconut flour in a low carb biscuit recipe.

Drank the rest of the (nasty) instant coffee.

Friday night's leftover rotisserie chicken went into last night's chicken Alfredo over spaghetti squash.

Despite the low carb lifestyle, I "de-cluttered" 1/4 cup popcorn (before popping) into my belly Saturday night.  ;)

« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:11:41 AM by MountainGal »

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2193 on: April 23, 2018, 01:36:01 PM »
Ugh, a much slower week for using up stuff.

Out of the freezer, I think we only ended up eating some corn kernels, ice cream bars and tater tots. 

Can you tell I was the only grown-up at home this week?

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
« Reply #2194 on: April 24, 2018, 07:39:36 AM »
Green lentils and sticky rice are gone.  I didn't get the split peas used up before the weather turned more spring-like, so they will probably sit until next winter.

Used extra buttermilk to make a ranch style salad dressing, and used that to dress a slaw made from languishing red cabbage and jicama.

Home-canned goods are also slowly getting used up.  Have been having homemade yogurt for breakfast each day with my fruit preserves.

I'm leaving on Sunday for a 6-day work trip, so goal is to finish anything perishable before I go.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2195 on: April 26, 2018, 09:18:17 AM »
Focusing on older freezer items.  There was one last jar of a neighbor's 2016 carrot top pesto to use up.  That stuff goes a long way!  I am going to use it today and tomorrow as a sandwich condiment in cucumber subs (google it), and used the majority of it last night in leftover shredded spaghetti squash from the freezer.  It yielded two servings.  Added to the spaghetti squash was a can of chicken, a splash of heavy cream, and about 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan.

lizi

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #2196 on: April 27, 2018, 12:06:35 PM »
One thing this exercise has taught me is the importance of labelling foods in the freezer! I'm making a chilli, and just pulled out two containers of what I think (and hope!) is stock, but I honestly have no idea. It doesn't help that one of the containers was labelled "Homemade hummus" when it very clearly is not. I also have another mystery container in the freezer that is a transparent yellow-orange colour. It taste a little bit tomato-y from the bit I tried, but I'm really not sure. I guess I just have to defrost it and hope I can figure it out and use it. Or just add it to a tomato-based chilli and hope it blends in.

So from now on, labels!

savedough

• Stubble
« Reply #2197 on: April 27, 2018, 01:02:51 PM »
Six weeks to go!

This week I used up a one lb bag of okra, frozen egg and breader making baked okra.
I used a little bit of leftover veggie breader to make zucchini.
We used 5 tiliapia filets.
My husband made burritos and wraps with some pre-shredded chicken that was in the freezer.  I have a cup and half left and I'll probably make burrito bowls with it.
We also used a raspberry lemonade, but that was easy and not really an accomplishment because I usually save it for a picnic.

Here is what I have left to use over the next six weeks:  (ranked 1-3 on challenge to use with 1 being easy and 3 being hard)
  • Two ziploc bags of breaded pork chops (1)
  • 3-4 chicken breasts (1)
  • Goulash (2)
  • Hambone (1)
  • Tilapia (1)
  • Chopped Ham (1)
  • Bacon (1)
  • 4 - Quart Bags of Bone Broth - Beef, Turkey, Chicken and a Mystery unlabeled bag (2)
  • Corn on the cob (1)
  • 8 cups of pumpkin/squash puree (3)
  • Morel mushrooms (1)
  • Okra (1)
  • Cherries (1)
  • 1 gallon bag bursting with rhubarb (3)
  • 8 cups of raspberries (2)
  • 2 12 oz bags of cranberries (3)
  • 3 bananas (3) (Only because I have one son that is allergic and I hate to bake things he can't eat and we aren't really smoothie people at my house
  • 2 TB tomato paste (1)
  • Spices: Ginger, Basil, Thyme (1)
  • Pineapple Cores (2)
  • 1 gallon bag full of Carrot Top Pesto cubes (3)
  • Sorbet (1)
  • Dairy Free Cheesecake (2) (It's not all that tasty)
  • Dairy-Free Ice Cream (1)
  • Butter Braids (2)
  • Caramel Rolls (2)
  • Cinnamon Rolls (2)
  • Cookie Treats (1)
  • Pear Butter (1)
  • Almond Flour (3)
  • Dairy Free Ice Cream Sandwiches (1)
  • Ice Cream Sandwiches (1)
  • 3 OJ concentrates (2)
  • Uncrustables (2) - Bought for quick dinners before baseball or snacks between baseball and soccer practice, but the kids would rather have fruit or something else.
  • Stir Fry Noodle Lunch pack (1)

Anyone have good recipes and uses for Pumpkin/squash puree, rhubarb, cranberries, bananas, carrot top pesto (dairy-free) or almond flour?  I have one son that is dairy and banana free, so I'd prefer if he can eat it as well.  If I make it and like it, I will let you know!

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2198 on: April 27, 2018, 02:16:16 PM »
@savedough I've had good luck using soy milk in pumpkin custard. I've also been making split pea soup with lots of pumpkin purée in it. No real recipe, just broth and veggies. Sometimes I use pumpkin purée to bulk up a curry or chili. (I eat a lot of pumpkin.)

So jealous of your rhubarb! Rhubarb really shrinks when it thaws and cooks, so that gallon might not be so much, right?  Rhubarb crisp with oatmeal topping is my fav. I remember mt mom making a rhubarb sauce with red jello and granulated tapioca (no dairy). I loved it then, but don't have a recipe!

What about marzipan with the almond flour?

plainjane

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #2199 on: April 27, 2018, 06:37:24 PM »
Anyone have good recipes and uses for Pumpkin/squash puree, rhubarb, cranberries, bananas, carrot top pesto (dairy-free) or almond flour?  I have one son that is dairy and banana free, so I'd prefer if he can eat it as well.  If I make it and like it, I will let you know!

curried pumpkin soup with coconut milk?

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!