Author Topic: December weightloss/maintainance thread  (Read 1357 times)

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
December weightloss/maintainance thread
« on: December 10, 2018, 05:43:27 PM »
No December thread yet, so here we go!  It certainly helps me to have shorter term goals.

I managed to pack on about 15 lbs last December and November, so my goal for this month is just to maintain my weight. I also want to get back into the habit of working out since that got abandoned least month.  My strategy is to pig out on anything and everything I want - on December 25th only!

SproutingStacheHK

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Re: December weightloss/maintainance thread
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 12:37:39 AM »
I'm in, and I'm doing so well since October that I'm aiming to keep losing!  I'm not going home for the holidays, so it will be my fault alone if I can't stick to my calorie goals.  I'm aiming to lose another 2.7 kgs (6 lbs) before December 31st.   I'll take you up on the exercise also - I haven't made it into a gym yet, but I'll youtube an exercise video at home each day for at least 20 mins.  That should help with the weight too.
Good luck with the maintenance!

Goinganon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 05:42:43 PM »
This has been a rough month for me to lose weight and I’m expecting the rest of the month to be similarly tough. Instead of my usually 8-9 lbs, I’m aiming for 6 lbs this month.

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 07:24:20 PM »
Doing so-so so far. I have a party Saturday and a party Tuesday then a party the next Saturday to survive.

WhiteTrashCash

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 09:29:54 AM »
I've lost three lbs over the past two weeks with five days a week of exercise and calorie counting. It's gotten harder lately because there is much less to lose than there used to be. It helps, though, having a smartwatch to monitor my heartrate and calorie burn throughout the day and I synced it with my smartphone to track food intake. Better living through technology.

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 09:35:49 PM »
Reporting back: the first party did not go well. And now my house is full of treats.  Hopefully my self control kicks in a bit more for the next one.

Sloeginfizz

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 07:13:09 AM »
I’m just curious. For those who lose clothing sizes, how soon/often do you allow yourself to buy new clothes?

In the last six months, I’ve gone from size 22W to misses size 16 (14 in some items). Needless to say, pretty much nothing from six months ago fits. Even some of my shoes seem a little big. Some items, I’m on round three or four of purchasing. Like I’m fussy about how jeans fit, so the instant they’re even a bit too big, I find myself wanting a smaller pair. But all this clothes buying is not mustachian in the slightest. I’m trying to moderate myself by only having one pair of jeans at a time and buying used things from eBay and similar.  But, wow, I have bought a lot of clothes lately and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop soon. Yesterday, I was noticing my winter jacket seems about two sizes too big, even allowing layering room.

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »
In the last six months, I’ve gone from size 22W to misses size 16 (14 in some items). Needless to say, pretty much nothing from six months ago fits.

Wow! Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment! In your shoes I'd allow myself to celebrate by buying new clothes.  When I lost a lot if weight a few years ago, I was living overseas where I had an amazing and cheap seamstress. That helped.

The basic things I can think of are buy used, keep your wardrobe small if you are still losing, and wear clothes that look good baggy (belted in baggy shirts, etc.) . I did a lot of leggings with tunic tops or sweater dresses with belts.

neophyte

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 06:06:15 AM »
Day after Christmas and I am up 5 lbs. Some of that should just be water retention from the last couple days, but even if it's not, it's significantly better than last year when I managed to pack on 15 lbs over the holiday season.  I'm going to get back on track today and knock off as much as possible before the end of the year!

Goinganon

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »
This has been a rough month for me to lose weight and I’m expecting the rest of the month to be similarly tough. Instead of my usually 8-9 lbs, I’m aiming for 6 lbs this month.

I’m not sure how it happened, but I managed to lose 7.4 lbs this month, even though I’ve worked out only 3-4 times in the past week and a half (I usually work out 5-6 times each week). The best part is that I’m now below 200! Woohoo!

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!