Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1253401 times)

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #6150 on: October 20, 2022, 12:14:22 AM »
It finally, finally happened. Connected with a guy who took a non-functional window a/c unit off my hands. We had been trying to connect for over two weeks. Whee!
Excellent score, Oneday !  Big, heavy thing gone, and being refurbished, maybe, or recycled.  Congrats !   

Thanks! Victory is mine! 🤣

He said he is an HVAC tech and will use it for spare parts. So re-use/recycled/upcycled, yay.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6151 on: October 20, 2022, 02:19:47 PM »
A different variation on the theme - our house in NZ is getting stocked with excess china, cutlery and linen from my sisters’ houses which helps them declutter and means we don’t have to buy things so we can stay prior to moving there permanently.

A small one - I’ve been seeing how long I can keep getting face wash out of a tube since I first thought “that’s about to run out I should buy some more”. It’s been two months so far. Yesterday I couldn’t squeeze anymore out so I cut the bottom off and there is at least another week’s worth that I can now access.

A social one - Ofpym had made a batch of beer before he stopped drinking. We had a friend come over for dinner last night and he drank two bottles and I made beer bread with another bottle so progress is being made. (Next task is to clean and sell the brewing equipment, and we will probably throw in the resealable bottles in with the vats etc)

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #6152 on: October 22, 2022, 09:18:28 PM »
@mspym I love getting all the product out of a tube. Makes me feel like Capitan Save-The-Planet :)

Yesterday's doctor visit was the right opportunity to drop off a bunch of expired prescription meds at the pharmacy that is on-site. Found out that they do not take vitamins, but those can be composted. Easy!

Also finally installed a window screen that had been sitting in the living room for over a month (maybe two). Yay for no clutter in the entryway!

FrugalShrew

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6153 on: October 23, 2022, 10:12:21 AM »
Dropped off 4 bags of stuff to St. Vincent de Paul yesterday.

I'm really trying to reduce the stream of stuff coming in and enjoy what I have (except for thoughtful, considered acquisitions--there are a few things I am in the market for).

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #6154 on: October 23, 2022, 06:56:06 PM »
I'm really trying to reduce the stream of stuff coming in and enjoy what I have (except for thoughtful, considered acquisitions--there are a few things I am in the market for).

Same! Have been feeling a bit conflicted about the 3 pieces of furniture recently acquired (MMM cred: they were all free). But together they increase the comfort, functionality and storage capacity of my home. But "thoughtful, considered acquisitions" are my jam.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6155 on: October 24, 2022, 04:41:02 AM »
Saturday night a trunk full of random household items were donated to the local thrift shop.  We did NOT go inside. 

I cancelled my Oct Subscribe n Save with AMZ after inventorying my current stash of supplements and OTC meds. 

SEAK

• Stubble
« Reply #6156 on: October 24, 2022, 08:25:17 AM »
Mailed 10 of my wife's 20-year old college engineering textbooks to an online used text book dealer for $130. I am also loving the REI Used Trade-In Program; sent off 5 of the kiddos lightly used jackets, pants, and sandals for a $100 Gift Card. And we had my daughter drop off some of her never used art sketch books and supplies to the younger neighbor girls. Productive weekend!

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #6157 on: October 24, 2022, 09:37:44 AM »
Threw away manufacturer boxes from technology purchases (1 apple watch box, 1 ipad box, 1 phone box and 1 laptop box). I have no idea why I have held onto these; I've NEVER needed the boxes. Also tossed an old bed skirt as our new bedframe doesn't require one.

Decided to clean the bathroom toilet with cleaner on hand instead of buying a separate product specific for toilet bowl cleaning. Trying to use more multi-purpose products.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 12:43:39 PM by GardenBaker »

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6158 on: October 24, 2022, 11:10:04 AM »
Mailed 10 of my wife's 20-year old college engineering textbooks to an online used text book dealer for $130. I am also loving the REI Used Trade-In Program; sent off 5 of the kiddos lightly used jackets, pants, and sandals for a $100 Gift Card. And we had my daughter drop off some of her never used art sketch books and supplies to the younger neighbor girls. Productive weekend!

How is your mail so cheap that it even pays?  Textbooks are heavy as a rule.  I mailed two trade paperbacks by Canada Post to a relative a 3 hour drive away and it cost me $17.00!

SEAK

• Stubble
« Reply #6159 on: October 24, 2022, 01:50:41 PM »

How is your mail so cheap that it even pays?  Textbooks are heavy as a rule.  I mailed two trade paperbacks by Canada Post to a relative a 3 hour drive away and it cost me $17.00!

Dealer we sold them to provided a prepaid USPS shipping label. It is my understanding that sending by media mail (book rate) is cheap for whatever reason.

Omy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6160 on: October 26, 2022, 11:24:40 AM »
Watched "Tydying Up" and "Sparking Joy" on Netflix. This inspired me to Kondo my closets and drawers. In 24 hours, I've tossed or donated 5 big bags of clothes.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6161 on: October 26, 2022, 05:45:26 PM »
One of the pluses of antenna/free app tv commercials is they give me time to get little tasks done. I ran through the house and gathered up a few items for recycling, including packaging from a gift that had fallen behind a piece of furniture.

Had a book packaged up to mail back to a friend. She came into town unexpectedly and I was able to give it to her. I tossed the packaging (a reused Amazon mailer). Book out and packaging out.

Had my new appliance installed and promptly recycled all the packaging and the instruction manual.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6162 on: October 26, 2022, 09:30:37 PM »

Congratulations, SEAK. I have spent hours online, typing in lots of ISBN numbers,  trying to sell my 15 to 25 year old programming and IT textbooks and manuals to no avail.

May I ask what website you used?

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6163 on: October 26, 2022, 09:37:34 PM »
Spent four hours over three days to rummage through a few bags and boxes full of old paper receipts, statements, fliers, photos, etc.  Recycled about half of it, not bad!

Siebrie

• Stubble
« Reply #6164 on: October 27, 2022, 08:12:08 AM »
Took some very old puzzles to the "out of sight / out of mind" box we have in our basement for toys the kids have aged out of and never play with but somehow refuse to pass along when asked. If we go 3 months without a request, it's gone.

I am going to implement this!  Right now what happens is I pull items I think we can donate, the toddler finds them and immediately starts playing with the previously ignored items.  This can be toys, shoes that don't fit, etc., it doesn't really matter. I need a better hiding spot.
I'm very late in replying, but I wanted to add my 2cents. My dds (11 and 14) always have drawing material available, and some form of craft material, but all the rest gets its 15 minutes of fame. So: if the Barbies are out, then the Littles Pet shop, playmobil, playkitchen stuff, etc is in the attic. They grow tired of Barbies? The box with Barbies goes in the attic and they get to pick 1 box to come out. It boils down to a swap about once a month. All these types of toys (with manymany parts) are limited to 1 box each; if they get too many parts or items, they have to pick which ones to keep and we donate the rest.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6165 on: October 27, 2022, 09:16:10 AM »
Spent four hours over three days to rummage through a few bags and boxes full of old paper receipts, statements, fliers, photos, etc.  Recycled about half of it, not bad!

Aren't you nervous about any identification info still on the paperwork?  I recycle this stuff too but only after I rip it up so my name, address etc aren't readable.  Can be the most tedious part of the recycle process.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6166 on: October 27, 2022, 11:08:55 AM »

Aren't you nervous about any identification info still on the paperwork?  I recycle this stuff too but only after I rip it up so my name, address etc aren't readable.  Can be the most tedious part of the recycle process.

I do the same thing.  Don't want to become a victim of identity theft.

My credit union periodically offers secure shredding, but I never have enough at one time to bother.  This might be something for you to look into, Slackmax, if you have that kind of volume.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6167 on: October 27, 2022, 07:26:49 PM »

I rip up any social security numbers I find, but all the papers are for my former girl friend who is in heaven now, and all her accounts are zeroed out, as far as I know. I guess someone could use the ssn, though. 

The papers go straight into the recycling truck that pulls up to the curb. I like to imagine all the paper stuff gets dumped from the truck into a huge vat where 95% of it is buried deep inside the pile.         

fuzzy math

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6168 on: October 29, 2022, 06:29:15 AM »
Hello!!

I am in the early stages of a prolific house decluttering due to a likely move next year. My town has a free store and I gather up items to drop off on the 2 days a week they're open. In addition to all the free stuff I'm donating, I sold a washer / dryer this week, listed a bunch of other stuff that's probably not going to sell and have been working on the "eat up everything in your house" thread for months.

This past week's drop off haul included: kids size soccer cleats, some crackers we over bought, tea cups, canning jars, a bunch of clothing my youngest kid out grew, some shoes, a corelle white baking bowl (without its nesting sized friend), a kids sized sleeping bag.

Also hit up a couple clutter spots in the home, threw away a bunch of garbage and recycled some stuff that my hoardery family tends to keep around. (WTF old starbucks frappuccino bottle)

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6169 on: October 29, 2022, 07:58:57 AM »
I'd say you've got a good start, Fuzzy Math.  Sounds like you're pacing yourself so you're not in a time crunch.  I hope the family appreciates your efforts and starts to see how living in a less cluttered house can make everyday life easier.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #6170 on: October 29, 2022, 01:48:04 PM »
@fuzzy math sound like you are making good progress. You remind me that I need to update the east down your pantry thread.

Yesterday put away the final bits of Ren Faire season, which had been laying about. Always a bit sad and that's probably why procrastinated.

But, in rearranging, found I have two pairs of ski bibs. I hardly ski enough to justify sitting one, let alone two. So tossed the pair that were somehow sun bleached.

seemsright

• Bristles
« Reply #6171 on: October 29, 2022, 03:50:02 PM »
Hubby and I are after a much simpler life. I am tired of the endless cleaning and taking care of our stuff. I want less of the stuff. Hubby is on board and we are working all weekend to simplify everything. Getting rid of furniture. Selling what we can. A digital piano got sold for $250 to a Dad that wanted his 6 year old to learn how to play, we threw in a ukulele and a recorder he was in awe. Last night we sold a Wii gaming system with all of the things that go with it to a group of college kids for $100 to use to party all weekend. And trying to sell a RC car that never gets used.

Simpler living is on the horizon.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6172 on: October 30, 2022, 08:34:18 PM »
Dropped off a bag of ink cartridges to be recycled at Target. They have been in my trunk for over a year while I looked for a place to recycle them. I finally paid attention to the recycling station in Target and lo, there was a can for them. I dumped the cartridges in and put the plastic bag in the plastic recycling can. 

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6173 on: October 31, 2022, 06:50:09 AM »
Forced myself to get past the 'I already went through that stuff, and I need to keep it all'  thinking, and the 'clutter blindness' and went through all the stuff on my living room table.

Sure enough, there was lots of stuff I can now recycle or throw out.

Got about 3 pounds of paper clutter into the recycling, and relocated  a box worth of stuff off the table to somewhere else. More to go. But good progress.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6174 on: October 31, 2022, 02:19:46 PM »
Forced myself to get past the 'I already went through that stuff, and I need to keep it all'  thinking, and the 'clutter blindness' and went through all the stuff on my living room table.

Got about 3 pounds of paper clutter into the recycling, and relocated  a box worth of stuff off the table to somewhere else. More to go. But good progress.

Ha ha, yes.  Define "need."

Keep at it, you're doing great.  Do you see/feel a difference in your house yet?  I remember you saying that you were always at 51% of the clutter gone, because more just kept appearing.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #6175 on: October 31, 2022, 11:46:32 PM »
@slackmax I'm curious about @SunnyDays question as well. Without your dearly departed GF, have things on that front changed?

Reporting in another textile to the trash. I sleep with two pillows and the lower pillow gets kinda lost and shoved in the crack. I pulled it out to plump up and the case was shredded, absolutely shredded! Not sure how it got that bad without me noticing. So that went to the trash. New case deployed!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #6176 on: November 01, 2022, 07:48:18 AM »
While I was waiting in the kitchen (inactive meal prep time), I found a ton of food that was nearing expiration date, but we won't eat for various reasons. I'm going to list it all on BN today. I'm thrilled to clean out my pantry, avoid food waste, and put things in the hands of people who will actually use it.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6177 on: November 05, 2022, 09:27:47 PM »
Threw away two pairs of shoes. A pair of flipflops that were worn smooth and tended to slip. Another pair of laceup shoes that both had cracks in the soles I discovered when it rained yesterday.

Freedomin5

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6178 on: November 06, 2022, 06:22:14 AM »
Sold our piano, since DD has decided she is no longer interested in piano lessons. Also sold my ebike (kept the sturdier mountain bike), and sold a pizza stone and cake pan.

Next challenge: the storage closet, which is crammed full of…stuff.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6179 on: November 06, 2022, 04:21:34 PM »

Ha ha, yes.  Define "need."

Keep at it, you're doing great.  Do you see/feel a difference in your house yet?  I remember you saying that you were always at 51% of the clutter gone, because more just kept appearing.

I guess I will say that 52% of the clutter is gone, ha ha.

Seriously, though, I had some company coming over recently, which motivated me to move stuff from the living room to other rooms, and opened up a nice BIG space of clear and clean carpet in the center. 

So I can see this nice big opening every day, which is heartening and inspiring. 

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6180 on: November 10, 2022, 09:06:06 AM »
Broke a glass and not replacing it. One less glass in the cupboard to worry about.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6181 on: November 10, 2022, 10:02:46 AM »
Put some winter stuff up for sale and sold one jacket & one pair of snow-pants.

Also will be 'gifting' some of the gear to family for Xmas..as part of an attempt at a low-ish-buy Christmas (and because it's stuff they would like & use).

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #6182 on: November 10, 2022, 01:40:49 PM »
Broke a glass and not replacing it. One less glass in the cupboard to worry about.

I love it when that happens, but I wish I'd break the uglier stuff. It's never the mismatched free branded glass, it's always one from a set. 

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #6183 on: November 10, 2022, 10:07:18 PM »
Tossed out a beet-based sweetener that I got from Mom's pantry before she moved cross country. It was old, opened when I got it. It was kinda sour? Not what I'm looking for in a sweetener, lol

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6184 on: November 11, 2022, 08:55:11 AM »

I love it when that happens, but I wish I'd break the uglier stuff. It's never the mismatched free branded glass, it's always one from a set.

Ha Ha !  This one was a 14 ounce pilsener glass for beer.  I think I have a whole case of these glasses in the basement somewhere, but I am NOT going to try to find it, lol.       

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #6185 on: November 11, 2022, 03:07:35 PM »
-Immediately returned pants that didn't fit my tall & skinny teens
-Gave away pants that now fit the teens like capris
-Gave away a kids cookbook I found, while looking for a recipe
-Giving away two more outgrown kid jackets today

My kids are still in the phase where they outgrow clothing. Particularly winter clothing, as sleeve & hem length matter a lot more in jackets & pants, vs shorts & tshirts. These outgrown items always sneak up on us, as we go about 8 months or so being able to wear summer like clothes, so it's always a real shock when they go to find a pair of pants on the first cold day.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6186 on: November 12, 2022, 07:49:59 AM »
Challenging myself to get rid of 40 items by Monday - by throwing away, donating, or listing for sale.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6187 on: November 12, 2022, 05:41:42 PM »
A couple of months ago I went through a bookshelf and found a dozen books that I was willing to let go of. The box went into the car and traveled around with me for a while. Then went to the garage when we needed trunkspace. Finally, my husband said he was going to the library so I asked him if he'd bring it to their used book sale.  He forgot it, so now the box is in our entrance.  Should we make a separate trip to the library to donate them, or should I just start listing them on Amazon? Most are brand new, rather trendy hardcovers that were gifted to me by well meaning relatives.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #6188 on: November 12, 2022, 11:51:16 PM »
Big goal, @NotJen ! I'm rooting for you.

Today, had several errands in Neighboring Town, so took the 2 pairs of athletic shoes, which were replaced in October, to the shoe recycle place. Thus closing the loop on the One In One Out cycle (finally).

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #6189 on: November 13, 2022, 08:13:43 AM »
Go, @NotJen !

@oneday - I had the same thought yesterday. I was wearing my old running shoes, just for running around. I was at kids sporting events for 6+ hours, and realized the shoes need to go into the recycling. I need to make a trip to the shoe recycle place as well. It's not convenient, but I think I have four pair, which is sort of my benchmark for needing to go. Caveat: I have kids that play a lot of sports, and cleats & court shoes for tennis don't last as long as they should.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6190 on: November 13, 2022, 09:28:59 AM »
Big goal, @NotJen ! I'm rooting for you.

Today, had several errands in Neighboring Town, so took the 2 pairs of athletic shoes, which were replaced in October, to the shoe recycle place. Thus closing the loop on the One In One Out cycle (finally).

Go, @NotJen !

@oneday - I had the same thought yesterday. I was wearing my old running shoes, just for running around. I was at kids sporting events for 6+ hours, and realized the shoes need to go into the recycling. I need to make a trip to the shoe recycle place as well. It's not convenient, but I think I have four pair, which is sort of my benchmark for needing to go. Caveat: I have kids that play a lot of sports, and cleats & court shoes for tennis don't last as long as they should.

I've identified 23 items to go so far.  I noticed I have a lot of old bras for some reason, so I'll go through them.  Need to cull the t-shirt drawer again, I've got a lot in there that I'm only keeping for sentimental reasons.

One of my items are my last-year's running shoes.  Kept for backup, but I just got my new pair (ugh, I'm using them too much now to make it a full year without replacement), and now this-year's pair is my backup.  But that reminds me that I have my worn-out holey-on-the-top hiking boots in the car right now - so that's another item.  I wonder if Fleet Feet will take them?  Or should they go directly to the trash?

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #6191 on: November 13, 2022, 10:24:51 AM »
I sold three small side tables that I don't have room for in my new place.

Put some small decor items in the donate box. Open concept means less walls to put stuff on.

As soon as I read a book now it goes in the donate box. I never re-read books, so they might as well go to someone else. I get them second hand.

EchoStache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #6192 on: November 13, 2022, 10:51:12 AM »
Sold an Apple TV for $50 today.  Also sold Apple Home Pod mini for $50.  So two items gone for $100.  Makes me happier when I sell big items.  I have some old patio furniture to sell but probably won't happen until Spring :(

Sugaree

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6193 on: November 13, 2022, 12:50:52 PM »
Getting an estimate on cleaning out the basement of the house I'm wanting to sell.  Also, dropped off two crates of little kid books for my mom and BIL/SIL to go through for my niece.  Slowly, but surely, getting control over the stuff that I'm drowning in.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #6194 on: November 13, 2022, 01:21:46 PM »
Returned the cabinet that I bought to replace a crappy built-in. It doesn't fit (which I knew), but when we pulled out the old one we discovered that for once someone did it right, so I can't just make the space wider without opening the wall to mess with studs. Not doing that. So now I need to close the wall, because I give up.

Have a bag of food items for a donation drive, just have to find said donation drive. I'm assuming there will be something this week.

I'm planning on getting a kitten next weekend (!!!!), after my Arwen died last month. So have been buying cat toys, kitten food, etc. Need to go through the old cat toys, get rid of anything that's really dead and pull out anything not kitten safe.

Have also been knocking out the to-do list. Lots of little stuff has been completed. Switched to att fiber for internet, so cleaned up and organized all the wires behind the tv (removing several years of dust in the process). Hung up a decorative lantern. Replaced the fill valve on the toilet. Hung a towel bar. All this has been floating around the house, now it is taken care of.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #6195 on: November 13, 2022, 06:49:24 PM »
@NotJen - our local Sports Basement will accept athletic shoes for a recycling. They have a large recycling bin at the front of the store. Not sure where else you might be able to find that offers a similar service, but maybe Google can help you find something similar.

Captain FIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6196 on: November 14, 2022, 07:28:28 AM »
I've been working on getting some bigger items out of my house.  Unfortunately, the "buy nothing" equivalent Facebook group in my town has started cracking down on people getting items.  People are only allowed to say interested now once a week. :( Had someone say yes on Saturday and then on Sunday during the scheduled pickup window reach out to say that they changed their mind because they want to say yes on something else.
  • Tall plastic race track
  • Toddler ride on car
  • Bunch of diapers we were given and never got into using those sizes (loose and unopened)
  • Extra kid jackets and clothing - going to someone who is collecting clothing for Ukraine refugees
  • Random leftover baby stuff (loveys, books, etc.)

Still have another few items listed but no takers yet, maybe because of the once/week policy (it used to be once/day).  Might have to find a new source of regifting.

Also got caught removing an item by the children, so I kept the big stackable cardboard boxes for them for now, even though they don't play with them.  Will remove when they aren't watching later.

Unfortunately, the house still seems incredibly cluttered, but I'm trying to chip away at it where I can, particularly to make space for the anticipated Christmas influx.  I'm planning to have my older kid pick out a few of plastic trucks/cars to give away as younger sibling doesn't seem to care about them.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6197 on: November 14, 2022, 09:46:05 AM »
Dropped the sneakers off in the Fleet Feet bin for recycling.  They said to call back in a few days and they'll let me know if I can leave hiking boots there.  @MaybeBabyMustache Websearch did not reveal any other local recycling options.  I feel like if there were a path to recycle hiking boots, REI would offer it, and they don't. (I'm not 100% convinced my sneakers will actually be recycled, but it was easy to drop them off, just in case.)

Over the weekend, I listed 3 items for sale on Poshmark (not hoping for much here, but will leave them up for a while and see what happens).

I threw away 20 items.

I dropped off 25 items at Goodwill.

I also requested a t-shirt recycling "kit" from Marine Layer for 3 t-shirts that didn't seem re-sell-able.

So, 46 items out of the house, and 7 "pending".

Next goal - 20 more items by the end of the month either listed for sale or out of the house.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6198 on: November 14, 2022, 04:22:04 PM »
A couple of months ago I went through a bookshelf and found a dozen books that I was willing to let go of. The box went into the car and traveled around with me for a while. Then went to the garage when we needed trunkspace. Finally, my husband said he was going to the library so I asked him if he'd bring it to their used book sale.  He forgot it, so now the box is in our entrance.  Should we make a separate trip to the library to donate them, or should I just start listing them on Amazon? Most are brand new, rather trendy hardcovers that were gifted to me by well meaning relatives.

It's easy for me to say, so I will say "just donate them and get them off your worry list!"  .  ANd yes, make the special trip, if it's not too far. 

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6199 on: November 14, 2022, 04:33:29 PM »
Filled up the blue container for paper recycling, almost to the top. Felt like 30 pounds. Lugged it out to curb.  All just old unneeded documents. Recycle truck came and took it all away.