Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1254016 times)

draco44

• Pencil Stache
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #4750 on: February 19, 2021, 09:52:29 AM »
If anyone has athletic shoes that have worn out, you can drop them off at most Nike stores in North America or Europe for shredding and being turned into athletic track surfaces. They accept any brand of shoes, but only athletic shoes.
https://www.nike.com/help/a/recycle-shoes

When I've done this before, my closest store sort of hides the bin but the employees knew about the program and would take the shoes no questions asked. I wasn't pressured to buy new shoes there either, though I'm sure that's what the company is hoping for.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4751 on: February 19, 2021, 01:38:37 PM »
After years of dithering, I finally posted some manga for sale and people are already keen to buy it? None of the tasks involved - taking a photo, logging into an account, writing an ad- are particularly onerous so why did it always seem easier to just give them away?

ETA: oh that's right, people are terrible? Don't message me after midnight and then send "???" at 9am because I haven't responded. Dude. People sleep.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:49:46 PM by mspym »

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #4752 on: February 19, 2021, 02:49:52 PM »
If anyone has athletic shoes that have worn out, you can drop them off at most Nike stores in North America or Europe for shredding and being turned into athletic track surfaces. They accept any brand of shoes, but only athletic shoes.
https://www.nike.com/help/a/recycle-shoes

When I've done this before, my closest store sort of hides the bin but the employees knew about the program and would take the shoes no questions asked. I wasn't pressured to buy new shoes there either, though I'm sure that's what the company is hoping for.
For the Aussies: Rebel Sport also has a similar program, if you don't have a Nike store close by. Why they don't promote this at all sporting clubs, schools and unis I will never understand!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4753 on: February 19, 2021, 05:00:24 PM »
-Sold a pair of outgrown kids swim trunks & an iron I've never used
-Listed a bunch of stuff on eBay
-Gave away a few more craft items on Buy Nothing

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4754 on: February 19, 2021, 05:52:06 PM »
Successfully gave away coffee filters that didn’t fit.

Ate from the fridge and recycled our recyclable bits.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4755 on: February 19, 2021, 08:36:39 PM »
For those of you who sell things on eBay, I’m curious how you decide on shipping charges.  Whenever I think I’m interested in buying something on there, it seems there’s usually some ridiculous charge, like the seller is hoping no one will notice and think they’re getting a reasonably priced item.  I’ve pretty much given up even looking at it anymore due to this issue.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4756 on: February 19, 2021, 09:06:35 PM »
Tiny wins:
- first set of manga in the capable hands of the post office
- ingredients purchased to turn cupboard lurkers into meals
- I'm copying out the ONE recipe I regularly make from a cookbook and then that will go into the street library.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4757 on: February 19, 2021, 10:08:51 PM »
For those of you who sell things on eBay, I’m curious how you decide on shipping charges.  Whenever I think I’m interested in buying something on there, it seems there’s usually some ridiculous charge, like the seller is hoping no one will notice and think they’re getting a reasonably priced item.  I’ve pretty much given up even looking at it anymore due to this issue.

I do the automatic calculation - I enter the weight and dimensions, and then USPS rates are determined based on the buyer's address, and that's what gets charged.  If you're used to free shipping from big companies, then USPS rates can seem pretty high.  I have told buyers who complain about the shipping that there's nothing I can do - they should try to find someone selling the item closer to home.  I might sometimes make a dollar or two using eBay's discounted shipping rates, but that goes towards paying for packing materials, which I don't charge extra for.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4758 on: February 20, 2021, 06:02:30 AM »
Just a note to say that I've seen a number of ironing boards in the thrift stores in the last 6 months, more than I've seen at any other time.

Makes me think that's another sign that business wear/formal wear will continue to be a thing of the past and that this Covid/stay-at-home leisure wear will be a permanent lifestyle.  I've been wondering if I should donate my ironing board too, and just keep my iron for any touch-ups. 
And finally wondering if there's any creative re-uses of ironing boards??  That could be a fun project.

Unique User

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4759 on: February 20, 2021, 07:05:15 AM »

I do the automatic calculation - I enter the weight and dimensions, and then USPS rates are determined based on the buyer's address, and that's what gets charged.  If you're used to free shipping from big companies, then USPS rates can seem pretty high.  I have told buyers who complain about the shipping that there's nothing I can do - they should try to find someone selling the item closer to home.  I might sometimes make a dollar or two using eBay's discounted shipping rates, but that goes towards paying for packing materials, which I don't charge extra for.

I do the same.  Facebook marketplace has you put in the weight of an item, not dimensions.  So far, so good with both. 

I've sold 10 items this month along with a stack of 1940s cookbook pamphlets for a grand total of $450.  One of those items was a set of dishes that was packed into three boxes for the person picking up so that cleared out a lot of space.  Not much other clearing out as I took a two month gig for Feb/March, but April 1st I'll start again.  I took down all my ebay and facebook listings as I head to the job site next week for a month. 

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4760 on: February 20, 2021, 10:44:16 AM »

This exactly. @SunnyDays - I think you'll find that most the time this is the actual cost of the shipping, not any special fees the seller is charging. I always just enter the dimensions & weight, and eBay calculates the price. Unfortunately, postage is not cheap. Many times I opt not to sell an item, because I have to reduce the item sale price to make it a reasonable offer for the buyer, once factoring in shipping. I almost never see crazy shipping on eBay that's unrelated to actual shipping charges.

Like @NotJen , I don't charge for any packing supplies (mailing envelopes, tape, etc) which adds up, depending on how much you sell. Sometimes eBay offers a small discount on shipping, which I used to cover the shipping supplies.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #4761 on: February 20, 2021, 01:39:05 PM »
Sold my preserving kit for $60! We are going to use the space in the kitchen for a proper first aid kit area.  Currently we have bits everywhere. That's good because we can do a review & clear out of first aid stuff at the same time.

I tidied the study / craft room yesterday. Threw out some very small things but now projects are organised. I got a desktop organiser drawer thingo for free which is v handy.

All this action is brought to you by a new technique I made up that I want to share... I gamified my to-do list!

First I wrote out all my huge list of niggly to-dos that aren't super urgent but do need doing. I put them into a table with about 90 cells, printed it, and cut it up into tasks. I put these in a jar. Everyday at about the same time, and sometimes at other free moments, I pull one out and just do it! They are mostly meaty things that will take an hour or more, and sometimes it just gets them started, but overall it's amazing! Some of them say "free time" so you really don't know what you'll get. Yesterday I got "tidy the study".

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4762 on: February 21, 2021, 10:16:10 AM »
Thanks for the info re ebay shipping charges.  I checked the item that made me choke, and it's a 3" x 2" pomander that sells for $12.00 Canadian and comes from Michigan, so really just 3 states over from me, and the shipping is $53.00!  I know it's fragile, but still, that's just nuts.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4763 on: February 21, 2021, 03:53:29 PM »
I took 7 cases of canned food to the animal shelter yesterday, along with a bag of cat toys. It was a guilt offering really, because on Friday I'd taken the cat. :( But it did clear out the closet quite well.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4764 on: February 22, 2021, 06:35:14 AM »
Successfully regifted an old Fitbit my mother didn’t want after I got an Applewatch (I know not a frugal purchase). Today I will hopefully have someone show up to take some linens. I wish people weren’t so darn flakey. Especially when I’m giving away nice stuff for FREE.

Yesterday I used my beloved Kirby vacuum that came from the same Buy Nothing group.  I do love a good clean carpet! 

MayDay

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4765 on: February 22, 2021, 11:18:57 AM »
I took 7 cases of canned food to the animal shelter yesterday, along with a bag of cat toys. It was a guilt offering really, because on Friday I'd taken the cat. :( But it did clear out the closet quite well.

Oh no, what happened with the cat?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4766 on: February 22, 2021, 11:46:29 AM »

Oh no, what happened with the cat?

Arwen refused to accept Rosie. I was hoping my parents could take her, but my mom didn't think one of theirs would accept her. Since both Arwen and Rosie were unhappy, I couldn't continue indefinitely with the situation. So I returned Rosie to the shelter. They didn't hesitate, probably because I'd talked to them multiple times to check if I was missing anything that could help. Arwen is much happier, though a bit unsettled. She'll be ok.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4767 on: February 22, 2021, 11:52:53 AM »
Added four tshirts to the donation pile, & listed an item on eBay.

shadesofgreen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4768 on: February 22, 2021, 11:57:30 AM »

All this action is brought to you by a new technique I made up that I want to share... I gamified my to-do list!

First I wrote out all my huge list of niggly to-dos that aren't super urgent but do need doing. I put them into a table with about 90 cells, printed it, and cut it up into tasks. I put these in a jar. Everyday at about the same time, and sometimes at other free moments, I pull one out and just do it! They are mostly meaty things that will take an hour or more, and sometimes it just gets them started, but overall it's amazing! Some of them say "free time" so you really don't know what you'll get. Yesterday I got "tidy the study".

That is a great idea! I might have to co-op it in the future.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 11:59:41 AM by shadesofgreen »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4769 on: February 22, 2021, 12:00:33 PM »

I have a grid of all of my daily tasks on it, and one of them is "choose something from the chore list" and another is "choose something from your personal to do list". I like the idea of putting them in a jar & selecting one!
That is a great idea! I might have to co-op it in the future.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4770 on: February 22, 2021, 12:25:44 PM »
The guy who came by to pick up one 10-vol manga set also took a 16-vol manga set. So that’s half a shelf cleared.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4771 on: February 22, 2021, 03:02:45 PM »
I had my first ebay sale! yay!

Actually it was my second. The first buyer never paid. I finally got through closing that out yesterday, relisted and it sold it in a couple hours to a new buyer paid right away. Printed the label and get it dropped at the post office over lunch.  After fees I'm getting $90 for a leather bag I bought used for $3. I was so pleased when I got it.  Leather, beautiful, would last forever, but I carried it for a couple months and it was so heavy it caused me shoulder pain, but it was so nice and I knew it was "worth something" so it was hard to get rid of.  But, now it's out of the house and out of my closet and I should have a positive sale review. 

We also did quite a few chores around the house over the weekend.  One big success was taking care of a pile of junk my spouse pulled out from our basement months ago now.  I cut up a big, half rotted board into pieces that we can work in to the trash.  We rigged a hose for our sump pump out of a big piece of piping and we put a couple odds in the trunk of the car to get dropped off at recycling.  That took care of a couple big eyesores!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4772 on: February 22, 2021, 03:40:28 PM »
Wow, @PMG - nice flip on the leather bag!

@mspym - nice job doubling your sales with a captive buyer :-)

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #4773 on: February 22, 2021, 10:28:30 PM »
I have major decision fatigue after decluttering my daughter's room. Every single item (over 600) had to be assessed, and a decision over whether it was rubbish (and then which bin - trash, recycling, compost, glass), usable donation (and then where - op shop, friends), other (metal recycler, textile recycler). Exhausting. I have finally finished running around to the various donation centres with several full boot-loads! So what I estimated to be a day's worth of work turned out to actually take us around a week.

We just have to go through all the makeup (several boxes), this evening. What proved useful was corralling all the like objects together while we were doing it (Marie Kondo-style). So we put all the hair care stuff together (most of it went), makeup, stationery (journals, notebooks, so many notebooks! pens, etc), personal papers (1 folder for everything), childhood stuffed toys (they all stayed), knick knacks (95% gone - yay), books (lots moved out of her room and on to the communal bookshelves). Then we could take our time sorting them all out one by one.

I have booked myself a solo retreat for a couple of days, just to sit in someone else's serene, peaceful space and not make any decisions, apart from where and what to eat!

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4774 on: February 23, 2021, 11:37:03 AM »
Recycling guys came by this morning and took away a big garbage can full of plastics, glass, and cans, most of which was clutter from a kitchen cabinet. I wasn't able to put it out last time, so it sat around the house for 2 more weeks. Glad to have it gone to its new usage.

Found an old paperback and a bunch of papers under the bed, and put them in recycling.

A few days ago dropped off an insulated coffee warmer and some plastic plates at Salvation Army. 

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4775 on: February 23, 2021, 11:45:31 AM »
The weather took a weird turn and so I unboxed some stuff I was going to donate for maybe a couple more wearings. I really do not enjoy winter. 

Today around 1600 hrs someone may or may not show up to collect a router I no longer need for $10.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4776 on: February 23, 2021, 12:07:51 PM »
Sold a desk chair we don't need, and listed/sold an item today. That's a pretty good sign my pricing wasn't right, but it's now out of my house & on its way to someone who will enjoy it!

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #4777 on: February 23, 2021, 01:50:11 PM »
I went through the pot cupboard and pulled out all the pots that don't work on induction.  (We are getting a new stove soon) The cupboard is still full of more than enough pots.  I am going to store the bankers box of really high quality pots for my kids to take with them when they set up their own households.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4778 on: February 23, 2021, 10:12:20 PM »
I had two beautiful but nearly-identical coffeepots, so I posted the slightly nicer one on Amazon Marketplace a couple of years ago. It sold today! I was smug about it all day until I calculated how much money I'd made.  After the cost of shipping expedited and insured, and Amazon's large cut, I made only $2.50... not including the time it took to for me to pack it and take it to the post office.  In annoyance, I closed down all my Amazon sales... will sell on FB, Nextdoor, or Craigslist from now on even if the overall price is lower. Also lesson learned, I will keep the nicer things for myself!

Well, even if I can't have positive reinforcement to declutter, a pasta maker fell out of an overstuffed and poorly organized closet and hit me in the foot, so there is certainly negative reinforcement!

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #4779 on: February 24, 2021, 01:03:51 AM »
Donated a bag of clothes and a small whiteboard today. Set aside a simmer mat for metal recycling. It lost its wooden handle years ago, and I have to hold it by the metal attachment thingy and am in constant fear I will burn myself severely. Time to buy a new one!

shadesofgreen

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #4780 on: February 25, 2021, 09:03:40 AM »
I have donations in the car and will be dropping them off after work tonight.

So happy to see the empty area in my living room. I am sure that I will be filling it with more things to go soon enough.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4781 on: February 25, 2021, 09:13:16 AM »
Tossed a lipgloss I don't use yesterday, and plan to go through my (non-jean) pants today. I continue to list an item on eBay every day. Often I also find things to donate as well.

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #4782 on: February 25, 2021, 07:36:54 PM »
@MaybeBabyMustache I don't know how you have the energy to list on Ebay! Every time I start thinking I might try and sell something, I get a feeling of dread, and just end up donating instead, even if I could possibly get decent $ for it.

Having said that, I am going to attempt to sell my daughter's Funko Pops (now *there* is a ridiculous waste of money, in my opinion!) She has 8, but I am holding on to 2 of them which are already rareish. The rest I will list on the local Buy, Sell, Swap page this afternoon, local pickup only, but if they don't go in a week I will donate them.

Went through her makeup yesterday and tossed 20 items which were used up or expired. I took a few things (mainly samples) to use up. We managed to fit everything in a small box on an empty shelf in her bathroom. She is so very happy to be done with decluttering, and has managed to keep her room organised and fairly tidy for a couple of weeks now. She just needs a study desk, and a rubbish bin. *I* am extremely proud of her efforts too; the sense of order and calm from her room is seeping into other areas of her life, which is wonderful to see.

Am off for a walk to the local op shop with a hardback book, a DC comic (worth nothing, I checked), a small tripod and a Marvel poster. Then to tackle the box of photos, the last frontier...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 08:03:25 PM by lazycow »

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4783 on: February 25, 2021, 07:46:21 PM »
My old sewing machine sold on eBay and out the door!! Used every bit of bubble wrapped and packing paper we had in the package.

I also sewed a shower curtain out of fabric I had and took the one we didn’t like to donate along with our old set of dishes, our old soup kettle and a few other odds.  Quite pleased with all this progress.

I took some long over due library books back today too! 

Hoping to keep up some momentum over the weekend. We have the trunk stuffed full of recycling but can’t get away from work during the hours the drop off point is open...

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4784 on: February 25, 2021, 07:55:21 PM »
@lazycow - For me, once I got over the hurdle of learning the process & getting experienced with eBay, I find it a snap to do. It takes me typically less than five minutes a day. I try to choose items that are easy to ship & mail. It needs to be a high value item for me to deal with fragile packaging, etc.

I donate a lot as well, but make a pretty consistent $200-300/month just selling crap we no longer want or need.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4785 on: February 26, 2021, 02:22:00 PM »
Dropped off another load of random stuff at the Goodwill donation center today, and mailed a package of books I sold.

I got stood up for two items I thought I had sold yesterday, but at least someone did pick up the 3rd thing (a large item from the garage), so that was a win overall.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:24:55 PM by NotJen »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4786 on: February 26, 2021, 03:27:31 PM »
-Mailed a book & a DVD I sold. Packaged one in a mailing envelope I just received this week, for the double win.
-Tried on some clothes, found things that I'm either too old for, or generally don't fit. Put them in the donation pile.

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #4787 on: February 26, 2021, 03:52:12 PM »
Thanks @MaybeBabyMustache . My husband is the ebay expert in our household but he won't sell my stuff as it may affect his perfect rating (he sells to a very specific sporting market). Plus I loathe going to the post office and put it off forever so I would be a terrible seller!

Watched an old DVD last night (Cold Comfort Farm) and sending it to the op shop. Already sold one Funko Pop out of 6. And donating a humidifier I have used once in 5 years.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #4788 on: February 26, 2021, 06:20:43 PM »
An old metal box that was made to be a slide storage container, similar to this, I inadvertently offered to Room Mate. We both have a "thing" for storage containers. Since the slides are now digital, this box can leave my life. As I was lamenting that she just made a run to the donation station for both of us, of course I find this one thing that could have also gone. And she might want it. But might not. So it sits on the coffee table while she decides. Sigh.

It can only be my problem for 2 more weeks, max. Hopefully less.

Success! RM indicated she really did want the metal box, so it's is no longer in my household, even though it didn't take it anywhere! Lol

I will simply leave it behind when I move tomorrow. 😁

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4789 on: February 26, 2021, 08:41:55 PM »
Thanks @MaybeBabyMustache . My husband is the ebay expert in our household but he won't sell my stuff as it may affect his perfect rating (he sells to a very specific sporting market). Plus I loathe going to the post office and put it off forever so I would be a terrible seller!

Watched an old DVD last night (Cold Comfort Farm) and sending it to the op shop. Already sold one Funko Pop out of 6. And donating a humidifier I have used once in 5 years.

Not sure how it works in Australia, but we have a local drop box about .5 miles away. I use it as forced exercise to drop my packages off. For anything bigger than that, we can request a free package pickup (left out on our porch) the next day the mail person is coming by. It's pretty convenient. If I had to go to the post office, it would be game over!

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4790 on: February 26, 2021, 09:16:31 PM »
Finally planted out 9 plants in pots sitting around collecting leaves. I have 2 messy areas containing pot plants that I have targeted to declutter in the past, but failed.  So now one of the two spaces is nearly clear.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4791 on: February 27, 2021, 11:55:15 AM »
Threw out a lot of very old foodstuffs that had been 'waiting to be decided about' lol in the kitchen cabinets and the fridge.  A plastic bag full of old but still edible(?) sugary dates of some kind in the fridge. Old cheerios and sugary 'fruit loops' in a cabinet. 

Also took a big bag-o-clothes to Salvation Army.     

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4792 on: February 27, 2021, 04:24:30 PM »
Sold 5 old college textbooks to one guy today.  But I got stood up by TWO MORE people this morning.  Why are there so many rude people out there?  Just tell me you don't want the thing anymore, instead of wasting my time.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #4793 on: February 27, 2021, 04:41:21 PM »
Sold three items on eBay: a hat, an outgrown ski jacket, outgrown pants. All out of the house. Junk out, money in. Made ~$30.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4794 on: February 27, 2021, 05:12:32 PM »
After thinking I was pretty much done, I realised I've still got a fair bit of decluttering/ reorganising to do! There's four junk drawers in the garage that are so hard, ugh. I finally threw out a small bag full of expired dog meds, not sure why that took so long. The rest is misc uninspiring stuff like useful sticky hooks, adaptor plugs, extension cords. If I can find a place indoors for these dull things then the drawers can become a recycling station where we gather the waste that needs to be taken somewhere eg bottle lids, batteries.

I made a decision to take my vehicle off a sharing platform as someone tried to break into it. Not worth the pittance I was making if it gets damaged and I have that hassle*. So that means I can once again store some stuff in there like dog towels, bowl and harness which will make the garage tidier. I guess I should review everything as it goes back in!

*I can full-time garage it now instead of keeping on the street. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:14:20 PM by Fresh Bread »

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #4795 on: February 27, 2021, 06:58:40 PM »
One of the manga buyers messaged me to ask if I had any more for sale. I let him know the titles i am looking to post for sale. If it works out that will be another 40-60 books gone.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #4796 on: February 27, 2021, 11:07:42 PM »
One of the manga buyers messaged me to ask if I had any more for sale. I let him know the titles i am looking to post for sale. If it works out that will be another 40-60 books gone.

Woot! That's a lot of books!

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4797 on: February 28, 2021, 06:08:54 AM »
Sold 5 old college textbooks to one guy today.  But I got stood up by TWO MORE people this morning.  Why are there so many rude people out there?  Just tell me you don't want the thing anymore, instead of wasting my time.

+1 on the rude buyers out there.

Did you sell those textbooks on Ebay? I have listed books of all sorts on Craigslist and not a single reply ever.     

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4798 on: February 28, 2021, 08:31:38 AM »

+1 on the rude buyers out there.

Did you sell those textbooks on Ebay? I have listed books of all sorts on Craigslist and not a single reply ever.     

I sold the ones yesterday on FB Marketplace.  I haven't tried to sell anything on Craigslist.  I originally listed them about 6 weeks ago - got a buyer for one, then no views for a while.  Deleted/relisted a few days ago, and got several new views and this buyer.  Was getting close to donating them.

Last year I sold 1 on eBay - it was in very good shape, and was an edition that had some demand.  I also sold 2 or 3 to a textbook reseller using an app called BookScouter.  The versions I sold yesterday were so out of date there was no demand.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4799 on: February 28, 2021, 06:14:03 PM »
I just made a list of 31 things that need to go / areas that need decluttering / projects that need finishing, with the idea that I do one a day.

It got a bit thin pickings by the end so four of the items are "read a book" in the hope that I can get rid of some that are unread or not read in a while.

Let's see how it goes.

ETA: Day 1 was a bit of a fail. I did return something to someone but was blocked from getting rid of two lots of other stuff by no parking (jars to the bulk shop)/ full bins (polystyrene). Our local tip recently started accepting polystyrene for recycling but it seems they've been overwhelmed and can't take any more for the moment! There's a lot of people where I live that want to do the right thing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:38:08 PM by Fresh Bread »