Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 807441 times)

happy

• Walrus Stache
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #3950 on: August 11, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »
Our council held a free chemical cleanout last weekend so we jettisoned 4 huge boxes of paint, random unused cleaning and garden chemicals, empty gas cartridges and an ancient gas cylinder. Not much was my stuff, it was mostly left behind by the previous property owner and stuff from my parent's house. It feels good to see the back of it.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3951 on: August 11, 2020, 04:37:14 PM »
Finally threw out a pile of things we'd been trying to find homes for via Buy Nothing to no avail. YESSSSSSSSS good.

okisok

• Bristles
« Reply #3952 on: August 11, 2020, 06:08:57 PM »
Some of my clutter, some the neighbors'. They moved out over the weekend and filled up the communal trash bins with recyclables and some items in good shape. I sorted through it and put the still-good items in my car with my stuff I need to donate. Put the recyclable items into the appropriate bin. Now I just need to drop off the trunkful tomorrow on my way to work.

FireLane

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3953 on: August 11, 2020, 08:23:12 PM »
Getting back on track with the decluttering that had to be put on hold for the pandemic.

I took down over a dozen boxes of baby and toddler clothes that had been taking up space in our attic. Mrs. Fl posted them on Buy Nothing, and they were snapped up immediately. It was super-convenient, the people who wanted them came and took them right off our stoop.

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3954 on: August 12, 2020, 10:42:28 AM »
Need some common sense applied please...

I have 2 beach/pool towels. I don't go to the beach. I don't have access to a pool, and when I do, it's either hotel or a friend's so they do have pool towels. Trying to figure out if I want to keep these towels. The most use they've gotten honestly is I used them to pack framed pictures.

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3955 on: August 12, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
Depends on your usual towel situation. We started using beach towels as bath towels because I got too lazy to put them away with the beach stuff, and it feels great to wrap up in the huge towel. But if you have enough towels, get rid of them!

I just finished emptying my mother's giant, stuffed house. Drove an hour back to my own (now overstuffed) house.  Then realized I had forgotten the shed. There isn't much there, so I posted the stuff on Craigslist and a guy says he's on his way to pick up now. Crossing my fingers that he takes it all.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3956 on: August 12, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
How is your regular towel supply?  How about your cleaning rags supply? 

We often run out of both.  If someone gifted me two beach towels I would keep one intact for towel use and cut the other up into rags. 

it sounds like you likely donít need either of them and that you definitely donít need two.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Magnum Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #3957 on: August 12, 2020, 03:25:31 PM »
Received a referral prize for a race I'm running. It's not something I had a clear use for, so already listed on eBay. I want to ensure I'm not taking more "stuff" into the house.

Continuing a closet clean out, and ensuring everything left is something I love, and have a good understanding of where I'll wear it.

-Already sold referral prize on eBay, so that's packaged up & getting dropped off at the mailbox.
-Had the kids try on all of their swim trunks, and made a stack of what we need to donate or sell, as 4 pair were too small. (We have a pool, so have quite a few pair.)

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3958 on: August 12, 2020, 04:11:29 PM »
Re: towels, usually the local animal shelter will happily take them along with used sheets, blankets, and pillows.  :)

Prairie Gal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3959 on: August 12, 2020, 08:50:27 PM »
DS is home for a while and has been going to town decluttering stuff in the garage and the basement. I listed a box of misc. gardening stuff for free on FB Marketplace.

slackmax

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3960 on: August 13, 2020, 07:02:32 AM »
Found 2 white dress shirts with obvious wear, in a big rubber tub. Since my local textile recycling is not accepting anything lately, I threw them out. Stress-free.

shrimpwd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3961 on: August 13, 2020, 10:53:27 AM »
I finally got around to listing a few things on marketplace and another site. We'll see if people are interested.

I'm notorious for finding things of value in my house, decide to sell them, and let the piles grow without listing them. Trying to get better at that. At least trash leaves in short order.

Hoping to have the 3 season porch cleared out in the next few weeks - I let family store things there for a while... (Going on four years)

I still have a decent pile of books I want to bring to the local store. They offer trade value and I'm looking for a few specific books they may have. Work and social distancing, with a bit of procrastination, are holding up that pile.

I always find the piles to hold me back from finding more things to let go of. My critical mass doesn't usually look horrible, but it drives me nuts (and yet I don't take action... Heh)

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3962 on: August 13, 2020, 01:50:13 PM »
I re-read the Feng Shui book Move Your Stuff, Change Your Life this week and overhauled my condo.  This afternoon I sent my 96-99 yearbooks down the trash chute and I must say it felt pretty damn good.  I kept the senior yearbook.  I also kept my dadís senior yearbook. 

I threw away some defunct string lights and will eat some random fridge contents for dinner. 

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3963 on: August 13, 2020, 02:26:42 PM »
I think I will keep the beach towels. At least for now. I'm not shy about purging stuff in general, so if I'm having this much trouble deciding to keep or get rid of these I'm going to just go with the easy option.

lazycow

• Stubble
« Reply #3964 on: August 13, 2020, 06:50:04 PM »
Back in Lockdown so no op shops open for me to donate 2 bags of random stuff, mainly clothes and books at the moment.
Am down to the tech clutter: checked my Olympus digital camera and uploaded the few photos from 2013 (!) The actual camera no longer works so will take it and charger to ewaste recycling when it opens again. Am trying to revive an old laptop whose keyboard doesn't work but thst will also go if I am not successful.
Emailed myself all the photos off our old ipad so I can finally edit and print the best ones. I like to have a wall of photos rather than look at them online. The kids like it too. In the process, I have deleted 100's of blurry and almost duplicates. I haven't done this since getting a smart phone several years ago and it feels good!
I want to start relearning the piano and I need to have a clean house and clear brain with nothing nagging at me and the photos were the last project. I bought at full weighted keyboard and donated the mini one I started with to a friend.

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #3965 on: August 14, 2020, 01:24:20 AM »
I'm not shy about purging stuff in general, so if I'm having this much trouble deciding to keep or get rid of these I'm going to just go with the easy option.

@Sibley, I think this sounds really reasonable. I will use this as well.
Possibly you are like me and many others, if you let them sit for a while, now that you have been thinking "actively" about them, you may end up either letting them go or find you will use them in a meaningful way, so they will not be idle any more. 

slackmax

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3966 on: August 14, 2020, 09:00:02 AM »

I want to start relearning the piano and I need to have a clean house and clear brain with nothing nagging at me and the photos were the last project. I bought at full weighted keyboard and donated the mini one I started with to a friend.

I have been procrastinating about learning to play my Casio piano keyboard. I even have a book of popular piano music I can reference. I must get to it soon. I think my problem is that, in my 'real' feelings, I consider it a waste of time (even though it isn't).   

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3967 on: August 14, 2020, 12:39:13 PM »
Got rid of some stuff sitting in a corner.

I need to tackle some papers that have been piling up and need to be filed. I think I need to make myself a fancy coffee and put on some music for this.

ZsaZsa

• Stubble
« Reply #3968 on: August 14, 2020, 01:20:23 PM »
I finally got around to listing some things on Ebay...some of it was my Mom's, so there was some grieving, angsty stuff contributing to the delay. I finally feel good about it, so now is the time.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Magnum Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #3969 on: August 14, 2020, 02:48:49 PM »
@ZsaZsa - that sounds like a really positive step in the grieving process.

I've come to the realization that it's so much easier to live in a house, clean a house & just generally feel "in control" & "organized" when your house is tidy & decluttered. We are in the midst of numerous home projects, so nothing is where it belongs, and stuff is strewn about everywhere you move. It's both stressful, as well as really hard to clean & tidy. I am pretty clean, but have found myself throwing my hands in the air, because getting on top of it is such a giant project. I'll be very happy when this phase is complete.

SunnyDays

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3970 on: August 14, 2020, 09:36:06 PM »
Iíve been in that ďthe house is a disasterĒ phase too due to lots of outdoor work getting done and no time for the inside.  It was making me so stressed.  Not being able to find things, shuffling things around to make room to move around and just looking at all the stuff laying around drove me nuts.  Made me realize that, in spite of getting rid of a lot of things last year, thereís still too much stuff.  So once all the outside work is done and the weather turns, I need to get back at it again.  Plus, Covid cases are starting to increase, so I wonít be eager to go out much.

Raenia

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3971 on: August 15, 2020, 06:37:54 AM »
@ZsaZsa - that sounds like a really positive step in the grieving process.

I've come to the realization that it's so much easier to live in a house, clean a house & just generally feel "in control" & "organized" when your house is tidy & decluttered. We are in the midst of numerous home projects, so nothing is where it belongs, and stuff is strewn about everywhere you move. It's both stressful, as well as really hard to clean & tidy. I am pretty clean, but have found myself throwing my hands in the air, because getting on top of it is such a giant project. I'll be very happy when this phase is complete.

We're there too.  Feels like half the house is unusable - either a war zone of demo and construction, or stuffed full of furniture that belongs in the first category rooms.  We're sleeping in the smallest bedroom, the office and dining room are full of furniture that doesn't belong there.  The living room has been turned into a work-from-home space for DH.  Basically the only room functioning as intended is the kitchen (and bathroom).  Cannot wait for this project to be done.

Prairie Gal

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3972 on: August 15, 2020, 12:33:08 PM »
Banner de-cluttering week here.

- Returned three paintings and a large piece of glass to my sister that she asked me to store for her while she moved - 9 years ago!
 - Sold a little side table that I painted and fixed up quite a while ago. Never got around to putting the top coat on, but it still sold in 20 minutes.
 - Put a crapton of stuff out on the lawn for free, and listed on FB buy/sell sites. About half is gone already.
 - DS listed an old monitor that I had.

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3973 on: August 15, 2020, 02:57:09 PM »
Oh yes, I totally get the mid-project mess. I've got 4 house projects in process, in 4 rooms. One of these projects involved moving everything out of a room into another room. Plus, we had a bad storm and I moved a bunch of stuff out of the storm shelter closet to make more room just in case. And the sewing machine cabinet is laying down in the living room because I'm treating each leg for cat urine, then it needs to dry. It's just a mess. The handyman is coming this week to work on a bunch of things that I don't have the skill to do. But basically, my house is a mess.

To add insult to injury there - there's a box of stuff that is to go away, but the thrift store I want to take it to isn't taking donations yet.

Edit with an update:
Got the prep work I had to do for the handyman done (saving money!). Now I have oil primer all over me. Yuck. I've never found an effective, non-skin damaging way to get oils off, so I'll be spotted for a week or so while it wears off. I also have 3/4 of a quart of oil primer still. I will need to prime the repair with it, then will probably give the rest to my neighbor who will be doing significant work on his garage soon.

Also managed to declutter my to-do list. No significant improvement in the overall mess in the house, but that's not really going to happen for a few weeks. The cats are NOT helping. I've got toys everywhere, and Rosie redistributes them regularly.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:56:27 PM by Sibley »

zygote

• Bristles
« Reply #3974 on: August 15, 2020, 09:48:24 PM »
I live in a small apartment in a big city. Pre-covid I would go to the grocery store 2-3 times a week, and just get what I needed for the next few meals. When covid hit, I started shopping weekly instead. I also started getting back ups of a few things to be able to stretch out the shopping or make up for availability issues. The one cabinet for pantry items quickly got out of control, and my "pantry" was basically 5 grocery bags sitting on the kitchen floor.

I got fed up and took everything out of the cabinet and the bags, got rid of a few things that were out of date, and reorganized everything. I still have 2 grocery bags on the floor, but I can deal with that. The ones that were most in the way are gone now, and everything is much easier to find.

lazycow

• Stubble
« Reply #3975 on: August 16, 2020, 01:36:27 AM »

I have been procrastinating about learning to play my Casio piano keyboard. I even have a book of popular piano music I can reference. I must get to it soon. I think my problem is that, in my 'real' feelings, I consider it a waste of time (even though it isn't).

Why do we feel like that slackmax? Music is such a wonderful gift to ourselves. I am going to make it my September goal to allow 30 minutes a day to practice (time - let's face it - that would otherwise be spent scrolling through my phone).

slackmax

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3976 on: August 16, 2020, 08:58:01 AM »

Why do we feel like that slackmax? Music is such a wonderful gift to ourselves. I am going to make it my September goal to allow 30 minutes a day to practice (time - let's face it - that would otherwise be spent scrolling through my phone).

I think, with me, it's leftover from the days of having only x amount of energy, all of which had to be used for working and saving money and any 'luxury' was a waste of energy.

I just have to get out of that mentality. I'm retired now.

Even before I read your latest post, I was planning to plug in the casio and play for at least 15 minutes, using the book of music I found. 

OK, right after I get offline, I'll plug in the casio.   

Raenia

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3977 on: August 16, 2020, 11:53:20 AM »
Well, this has been a hell of a weekend for decluttering.
 - Moved a pile of items from the repair/projects bag to the donate bag - including the bag I was using to store them :P
 - Got DH to finally go through his clothes, he added a few things to the pile
 - DH agreed to get rid of an end table that was waiting for a repair - we have plenty of end tables, and it was a complicated fix\
 - Disassembled a desk to salvage the nicest pieces of wood, chucked the rest

Not really decluttering, but we had contractors out to do mold remediation - stripping the walls, floor, and ceiling down to studs, treating everything for mold and dry rot.  Once that's done, we can seal up some holes, add insulation, and rehang drywall and put in the new floors that we've been planning for a year now.  It'll be such a relief to 'declutter' tasks that have been waiting months.

Downside, one of the contractors put his foot through the ceiling of our bedroom, so we're now sleeping on an inflatable mattress in the living room (which is also DH's work-from-home office) until further notice.  And I don't dare cook anything until they're done and we can clean up all the contaminated dust.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3978 on: August 16, 2020, 01:53:23 PM »
Before I donate some more sheets to Goodwill, does anyone have any tricks to make pilled up microfiber sheets less annoying?  Or a trick to make the silicone-y feel of microfiber sheets go away in the wash?  I think I have washed these things in every detergent at my disposal this year to no real avail.  I washed them in Oxiclean and white vinegar Saturday and have them backwards-side-up so the slightly pilled up part is away from my skin. 

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3979 on: August 16, 2020, 02:01:52 PM »
Goodwill is the only solution for microfiber sheets.

shrimpwd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3980 on: August 17, 2020, 07:14:30 AM »
Sold one item I listed last week. Haven't gotten much traffic on the others. I'll give it another week or so and then drop the prices 10%. I'm not going to let them sit beyond the end of the year.

Still waiting for the porch to get cleared - a bit annoying, having to wait for others before I can do my own organization...

Frugal Lizard

• Magnum Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #3981 on: August 17, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »
Goodwill is the only solution for microfiber sheets.
I agree.  I hate anything that pills.  I can barely tolerate flannel but my partner loves it so I cope.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Magnum Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #3982 on: August 17, 2020, 11:17:51 AM »
Closet cleanout continues. I am forcing myself to wear all summer clothes. If they don't fit properly, don't fit my COVID life & I can't imagine wearing them in the next two years, are too young for me (I'm 44, and have a bunch of stuff that's 15+ years old, etc)... it's all getting donated or sold.

-Another tank top to the donation pile
-A dress to the sell pile, and already listed on eBay

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3983 on: August 17, 2020, 11:43:51 AM »
This weekend:

~Moved 2 boxes and 3 grocery bags of tax documents into my home office closet where they make more sense
~Put the grocery bag tax documents into a box for neater storage
~Tossed 2012 tax documents into the burn bin
~Neatened up my documents in the fireproof safe
~Ordered a soda can and one other bin for the fridge
~Made room for the above bins
~Tossed the old bottle cleaning brush

Frugal Lizard

• Magnum Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #3984 on: August 17, 2020, 12:23:30 PM »
This weekend we started a list of household items my son is going to need for his apartment at university.  He is moving into off campus housing on the labour day weekend and is going to need to cook and clean for himself.  Or should I say eat and live in something less than squalor with his four room mates.  I am going to go through the cupboards and outfit him as much as I can from our stockpile.  YEAH!

catlady

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3985 on: August 17, 2020, 12:51:38 PM »
I am slowly putting babe's old clothes for sale. We have no friends with babies so nobody to pass them on. On one hand I love decluttering on the other this is end of a chapter. I now have a toddler :)

Sibley

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3986 on: August 17, 2020, 01:54:22 PM »
Gave 2 partial gallons of primer to a neighbor. These are specialized primers, and are left over from specific projects. I don't foresee any other projects requiring or tolerating these specialized primers. Neighbor is starting a project which will use these. Out of my house.

Same neighbor was also kind enough to help me with a small project, I don't have the skill to cut the material and he does. Cut, installed, done.

lazycow

• Stubble
« Reply #3987 on: August 18, 2020, 07:38:08 AM »
After spending a couple of hours Googling how to fix my inoperable laptop keyboard (it *is* 8 years old, so possibly expecting too much from it?) I threw in the towel and consigned it to be donated to my local e-waste recyclers, along with the above-mentioned digital camera. I performed a very satisfying smashing of the hard drive first. So now I have 1 Android phone and 1 laptop, and that is all I need.

The next project will be to ferret out the VCR player my husband has stashed in the shed, along with our 28 year-old wedding video and see if it will still play. If not, they are both for recycling.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3988 on: August 18, 2020, 08:07:42 AM »
@lazycow Iím gonna make a suggestion, but obviously itís an internet stranger suggestion, so likely irrelevant.

A cheap Bluetooth keyboard might pair with the laptop and make it useful again? If not for you, then for someone doing homeschool this year? Iím guessing itís less crazy in Australia than here in the states, but laptops are in demand right now.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3989 on: August 18, 2020, 09:40:11 AM »
3 bags of books gone with a friend for sale at the next church coffee morning, whenever that is.  Given that the friend is storing them and they are out of my spare bedroom, it's still a win for decluttering.

I've also decluttered some of my fabric stash into two new facemasks for a total of 4.  I needed the extra as we now have to wear them in shops here in the UK: if I ever do the sort of shopping trip that involves more than two shops at a time I will be properly prepared.

slackmax

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3990 on: August 19, 2020, 07:27:13 AM »
Lazycow,

I found some 20 year old VHS videos of relatives, and they played beautifully on my VCR. Amazing how long the tapes last if stored properly.

And I used to see VCR's at Goodwill for $10. Haven't seen any lately, though. And, lastly, around here in eastern Pa you can even get your VCR repaired, probably for $50, if it's just belts being replaced.   

« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:30:54 AM by slackmax »

midweststache

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3991 on: August 20, 2020, 12:37:53 PM »
We moved a receive almost four years ago, intending to hook it up to our "new" place's surround sound.

That never happened. I have someone coming by to pick it up later today. HALLELUJAH!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Magnum Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #3992 on: August 20, 2020, 01:54:02 PM »
Found a pair of shoes to donate, & two tops to sell. The pandemic is definitely making me re-evaluate all of my clothing, & realize how much less I actually need.

okisok

• Bristles
« Reply #3993 on: August 20, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »
Dumped out all of my dog's toys to see which ones she actually likes to play with. Washed and dried to whole batch, then sorted the keepers. Put the discards in a bag to donate, as they're all in great shape but just not loved any more. Now her toys all fit in the basket instead of spilling out all over.

Continuing the stationery declutter by sending out postcards and cards to friends. It's so nice to get mail that isn't junk or bills.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3994 on: August 22, 2020, 08:39:55 PM »
I'm trying to ride the momentum of big council cleanup late July, and then the chemical cleanout in early August. After that a big pile of boxes/bags with items to donate quickly accumulated in the place reserved for such things. This is good, but I didn't get long to enjoy the clean space I'd created.  Instead of filling me with glee every time I looked at it, I just felt depressed at the thought of yet another ginormous load of stuff to remove. I sulked for a week or so, but now have pulled myself together. I have decided to declutter an hour a day, capped at 5 hours a week. Time spent removing the rubbish/decluttered items will be included: hopefully this will help as I often find actually getting stuff of the premises is what is slowing me down.  I'm gunning to go room by room, section by section if necessary and not stop until I've done a complete sweep of the house. 

LaineyAZ

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3995 on: August 23, 2020, 08:38:17 AM »
I'm trying to ride the momentum of big council cleanup late July, and then the chemical cleanout in early August. After that a big pile of boxes/bags with items to donate quickly accumulated in the place reserved for such things. This is good, but I didn't get long to enjoy the clean space I'd created.  Instead of filling me with glee every time I looked at it, I just felt depressed at the thought of yet another ginormous load of stuff to remove. I sulked for a week or so, but now have pulled myself together. I have decided to declutter an hour a day, capped at 5 hours a week. Time spent removing the rubbish/decluttered items will be included: hopefully this will help as I often find actually getting stuff of the premises is what is slowing me down.  I'm gunning to go room by room, section by section if necessary and not stop until I've done a complete sweep of the house.

I think that you've got a good plan, happy.  Good luck with everything, and come back here in a few months to post progress so we can congratulate you!

slackmax

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3996 on: August 23, 2020, 12:14:56 PM »
Happy, good luck. It sounds like you are getting a lot of big stuff off the premises.

oneday

• Magnum Stache
  • Knit, bike, breathe. Repeat. - 94
« Reply #3997 on: August 23, 2020, 07:37:26 PM »

Keep fighting the good fight!  The goal is in sight! Or is it more correct to say the goal is to get stuff out of sight?

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3998 on: August 24, 2020, 05:00:12 AM »
Time spent removing the rubbish/decluttered items will be included: hopefully this will help as I often find actually getting stuff of the premises is what is slowing me down.  I'm gunning to go room by room, section by section if necessary and not stop until I've done a complete sweep of the house.
So true, I have lots of stuff that psychologically I said goodbye to, eons ago... yet they still linger in the house! We must just set our jaws and give items the old heave ho. Good luck!!

In addition to my own unbanished clutter, the aftermath of emptying my mother's house last month continues to disrupt my own home... while we upgraded a lot of our own items, three rooms in my house are still cluttered almost unusably with items that I couldn't bring myself to toss or donate, like family memorabilia and expensive items like two sterling silver flatware sets, one of them completely unused (value probably $3000).  I actually ended up giving away her fur coats to a friend of her house cleaner, to give an idea of the type of things I did let go. 

Our garage is still half full to the ceiling with boxes and furniture as well, though this is an improvement from where we were last week. I got poor Mr. Poundwise to deliver our old hutch to one of our refugee families... delighting the wife but I'm afraid many bad words were said by my husband and her husband as they wrestled the furniture into her home. Mr. P thinks he now knows Syrian for, "WTF??" Welcome to America!

Over the weekend, I gave a box full of my mom's everyday dishes and glasses to a friend who is a neighbor... this way, I get to visit with them on occasion, without having to actually own them myself. This morning I woke at dawn and decided that if I wanted space again on my kitchen counters, I could start by giving away my slow cooker (just learned that the Instant Pot will slow cook if I use a different lid).

I spontaneously gave away our family tricycle and scooter to the neighbors across the street. Have been trying to find more refugees to take housewares as well.  I have been just spewing stuff at people!

So I slog on.   The only way I can really tolerate it is to pick one end of the mess, and try to progress as a moving front from one end of a room to the other.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:03:51 AM by Poundwise »

shrimpwd

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3999 on: August 24, 2020, 07:12:19 AM »
I managed to sell another item. Wish the rest would sell faster. I have a few different piles that keep moving around... It's really the only (noticable) clutter in the main house.

Helped set up some shelves at mom's place. This should help get my porch cleared off faster. Found out I have a small leak in the acrylic roof (I think it is where the nails go through, but I can't check until the stuff is gone)... Nothing should get ruined, but I definitely want to fix the problem before it gets worse.