Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1263177 times)

horsepoor

• Magnum Stache
  • That old chestnut.
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #3100 on: November 15, 2019, 03:35:41 PM »
You guys:  I can't believe how much storage space I've opened up by reshuffling and getting rid of just a few things this week.  I have a glorious amount of open shelf space in the laundry room, and even extra space in the kitchen cabinets.  Small items in the closets are corraled into baskets.  It's so nice.  I'm headed out now to start tackling the shop and load the truck up with things to donate tomorrow.

One of the most valuable things I took from Marie Kondo's book was the idea to not buy any more storage pieces.  In the past, when I'd undertake an organization project, I'd often buy new storage tubs and things.  Now (given I have lots of that stuff), I pretty much always find a storage solution by cleaning, reorganizing and repurposing.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3101 on: November 15, 2019, 05:14:31 PM »
We move house from about 100sqm to 60sqm in less than two months!

I need to motivate myself to do another decluttering push. Any ideas for gaming the declutter that starts on 17 November? Otherwise I'll be waiting til Dec to do one on 1 Dec, 2 on 2 Dec etc. Any games that don't involve calendar days?

Husband is away next weekend so maybe I could do a massive Kondo then. Or I could do the calendar thing but start with digital files to get the numbers (I've got two computers that I want to move on).

Why not start with 17 items on the 17th, 18 on the 18th etc, if you have enough stuff to get you through the month?  Otherwise, just pick a set number of items per day and work toward that.  Amazing how it all adds up.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3102 on: November 15, 2019, 05:36:28 PM »

I need to motivate myself to do another decluttering push. Any ideas for gaming the declutter that starts on 17 November? Otherwise I'll be waiting til Dec to do one on 1 Dec, 2 on 2 Dec etc. Any games that don't involve calendar days?

Husband is away next weekend so maybe I could do a massive Kondo then. Or I could do the calendar thing but start with digital files to get the numbers (I've got two computers that I want to move on).
How many rooms or zones do you have in your current place? Can you pick a corner a day and find at least 5 things to declutter?

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3103 on: November 15, 2019, 06:09:09 PM »
For some reason I was keeping about 100 big brown paper grocery bags in my kitchen closet, with about 25 smaller sizes tucked in there too. They were taking up a lot of space.

I finally just took them all out, stuffed them all into just 2 of the big bags, and put them all down in the basement. I Thought about recycling half of them, but big paper grocery bags are hard to come by these days, so I kept them (just in case, of course, lol).

So now I have much more room for stuff in the kitchen closet.

Also, actually digging items out of the closet, and looking at them, instead of avoiding them forever, and sometimes finding easy stuff to throw out, recycle, donate, or eat.    Found about 100 plastic utensils, already in baggies, that I will happily donate.       

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3104 on: November 15, 2019, 06:57:54 PM »
@slackmax put some of the paper bags by the door/bike/car so they are there for the next time you buy groceries?

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #3105 on: November 15, 2019, 11:27:25 PM »

How many rooms or zones do you have in your current place? Can you pick a corner a day and find at least 5 things to declutter?

Yes, this could work. I could pick a wall every day. I count 22 zones this way, so if I tackle 13 before end November then I can switch in December. Getting 65 items out will be great. I'll combine that with the calendar method for digital clutter, plus my goal of making something every day to clear the garage and yard materials.

It sounds like a lot but I could do the five things in the early morning, the making a thing in late arvo, and the digital after dinner.

At some point I'll have to declutter the garden - it needs reorganisation!

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #3106 on: November 15, 2019, 11:29:22 PM »

Why not start with 17 items on the 17th, 18 on the 18th etc, if you have enough stuff to get you through the month?  Otherwise, just pick a set number of items per day and work toward that.  Amazing how it all adds up.

I'm going to start with 17 digital items or it's too big a leap! And go with mspym's suggestion of five physical things a day as that sounds achievable.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #3107 on: November 16, 2019, 05:07:59 PM »
I really love this thread and seeing everyone's journey.

For anyone counting along at home (yeah right lol), that leaves me with only 2 items to sell.  Goal is to get one listed by next weekend.

Well one of the two things is an old tablet and I found a place that refurbishes old tech & redistributes it to lower income families, especially to help kids in school, which are increasingly using computers in the curriculum. Plus, it's just a boon to anyone in general to be able to access online resources.  So the tablet will go there.

I found this place when I was looking for how to recycle my old computer, which I *finally* gave some attention, got the files I needed from it, and it's ready to go.  This was hanging around far too long. 

So next week I'll drop those off; posting here for accountability.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3108 on: November 17, 2019, 09:39:37 AM »
@slackmax put some of the paper bags by the door/bike/car so they are there for the next time you buy groceries?

Hey, that's a good idea. Thanks, mspym.   

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #3109 on: November 17, 2019, 03:50:55 PM »
I have just about finished clearing out the rubbish from the upper backyard that we "inherited" when we took over control of the property.  An old rabbit hutch was broken down and the wood burnt.  The wire mesh went into the bin.  Some basic gardening like mowing and trimming, and the upper back yard is almost presentable.  Now I need to get onto the lower back yard where the wood that is usable as firewood got dumped and the stones from the yard were put in a pile.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3110 on: November 17, 2019, 04:02:13 PM »
The world's smallest victory - throwing out two teatowels that resolutely refuse to dry anything or absorb any form of liquid. We have said rude things about them for 3 years now. No more! Out you go!

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #3111 on: November 17, 2019, 07:47:37 PM »
I donated four boxes of random Christmas stuff to our local church Christmas sale.  Yippee!

I also binned the remaining junk from my bathroom drawer. 

trashtalk

• Stubble
« Reply #3112 on: November 19, 2019, 08:28:01 PM »
* Made the decision to declutter a set of china which has been in the family, unused and impractical, for 100+ years; I hope someone else can use it with joy
* Put two boxes of ewaste and two bags of returnable packaging in the trunk to drop off elsewhere

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3113 on: November 21, 2019, 01:50:43 PM »
I made the decision yesterday to paint and get new carpet in preparation for eventually moving. I have actually been meaning to do this for a few years. We did some renovations about five years ago, but never finished the rest of the house. Gah! Just getting everything off the floors and walls seems like a huge task. My freshly decluttered and spiffed up laundry room is about to become the dumping ground for stuff that needs to get moved for painters and carpet layers. I guess I know how I will be spending my time off over Christmas.

So, back on topic, I have a bunch more stuff ready at the door to go to the thrift store. I already took one load this week. Need to find out where my city recycles old computers, too.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3114 on: November 22, 2019, 08:43:23 AM »
Opening more plastic bags in the bedroom. Luckily found a lot of torn clothing which was easy mentally  to take (one large plastic bag worth)  to the recycling center. Also found some donatable clothing, a small plastic bag worth. Both gone! 

Lots remaining, though, lol. Bit by bit.  Slow but steady, the race is won, lol.   

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3115 on: November 22, 2019, 08:49:21 AM »
slackmax, I think you are doing a great job, and am cheering you on from across the internet with every success you post.

I've started to "turn out" my spare bedroom.  I've got two bags of clothes and shoes for the charity shop, a bag of fabric for recycling and a bag of waste.  More work still to do, but after that room all that is left is the excess paperwork in the study.

I had inherited a drawerful of silk scarves which I never wear but some of which I've managed to sell at the W.I. and the rest of which, along with the proceeds of sale, will go to the local women's refuge for Christmas.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3116 on: November 23, 2019, 06:59:35 AM »
My spare bedroom has been the same for years. The bedspread, sheets, pillows, etc. I was just sick of looking at the same old thing so I found a nice comforter set on sale and a set of sheets, plus two matching throw pillows. Got some new curtains too. I am in the process of washing up the old stuff, folding it up and putting it all in the zip bags the comforter and sheets came in. Then I will donate it to Vietnam Vets. I plan to include an explanation of what is inside the bag and bed size. The stuff is in perfect condition so it will make for a nice set for someone. There is also a blanket and the curtains I plan to donate too.

My new purchases totaled about $99. Not bad for what I bought and I don't feel bad to buy new considering that set has been in use probably 10 years!

Nancy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3117 on: November 24, 2019, 07:47:49 PM »
I'm hitting the road (onebagging it) so I'm getting rid of pretty much all of my possessions. Here we go!

Today, I gave away three cooking implements. I also sold a piece of furniture. Good day!

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3118 on: November 25, 2019, 08:49:47 AM »
Yesterday afternoon we worked on the garage and found a number of items of too small sports equipment, toys that our kids have grown out of and just plain old junk.  Hopefully by next weekend both cars will finally fit in the garage.  Before that can happen - a full trailer of junk will have to leave the garage.  But at least it is all in one pile.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #3119 on: November 26, 2019, 08:04:18 AM »
I've made a bit of progress lately. Put 4 puzzles in the donation pile, sold two pillows, a ring & a pair of pants. Listed another couple of items on eBay.

ysette9

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3120 on: November 26, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »
I sold our old bike trailer yesterday on FB marketplace for $20. The cool thing was that I got it originally two years ago for free on FB marketplace. :)

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3121 on: November 26, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »
Good luck to you @Nancy !!!

~Discontinuing the downstairs unused "bar".  I'll wash kept items and incorporate them into the upstairs bar, and donate glassware we will no longer use.
~Magazines (I've begun the process of non-renewing subscriptions) and egg cartons will go to my sister this Thursday
~Empty Amazon boxes will be put into the recycle bin tomorrow
~4 Halloween themed silicone molds I haven't used in several years went into the Goodwill box
~Two duplicate Christmas items joined the above
~An almost full bag of cheese crisps I don't care for went with DH to share with his coworkers

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3122 on: November 26, 2019, 03:34:38 PM »
I have been working on a photo book of my Dad's life - well actually I have been stalled on this project since the memorial service in January.  All the materials have been sitting there waiting for the start of scanning in suspended animation. Albums and picture frames have been sitting in piles all over my office.  The big easels with photos and clippings from the memorial display panels are also sitting in the corner. 

This week I started scanning and returning the pictures to the albums they came from and reframing the old images.  I have my counter top back- with several albums now full again and back on the shelf or ready for my siblings to take home.  All the envelopes from the printers are purged.  And the bonus is that I keep needing a bit or a bob to repair something or put something away and I am finding all this stuff that I need to say goodbye to. So while the scanner is chugging away at high resolution speed, I am sorting.  And then when I need acid free paper or adhesive, I find it so easily in a clean cupboard.  It is so calming.

Today my fabric bin got folded and is now half full with a bunch of scraps gone (an entire laundry basket of scraps) 
My son's curtains got re-hung in his bedroom.
I have no idea how I accumulated so much ribbon - half left last Friday for the church sale and there is another entire bin that should go to the thrift store for those crafters. Some of it is still in the original packaging.  (I am no longer interested in doing wedding flowers so why was I hanging on to this stuff?)

I also went through all my watercolour paintings ruthlessly.  Any paintings that I don't love will get recycled - either immediately if both sides of the paper are used or when I need that size again.  I have one magazine holder of paintings that I am going to keep because they have something that I really like about them.  And they are somewhat chronologically ordered.  It shows my development from not being able to use watercolour at all to now, much better and on my way to getting good at this medium.

It has been getting easier and easier to say good bye to stuff.

Nancy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3123 on: November 26, 2019, 06:19:27 PM »
Thanks, @MountainGal and nice work! Your husband's coworkers are probably stoked. There's nothing like free snack food.

Today, I filled two bags full of clothes and shoes to go to Goodwill, and I dropped them off same day! I also gave away hiking boots on Freecycle and posted four other items.

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3124 on: November 27, 2019, 06:24:14 AM »
If anyone is needing motivation:  a friend who is downsizing to move into a senior apt. has been purging items all month.  She's been pleased with her progress but is a little sad that she didn't get this done much earlier.  She would have enjoyed her living space much more.
Moral of the story:  de-clutter now for its own sake, don't wait until circumstances force you to do it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 04:57:09 PM by LaineyAZ »

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3125 on: November 27, 2019, 06:43:13 AM »
If anyone is needing motivation:  a friend who is downsizing to move into a senior apt. has been purging items all month.  She's been pleased with her progress but is a little sad that she didn't get this done much earlier.  She would have enjoyed her living space much more.
Moral of the story:  de-clutter now for its own sake, don't wait until circumstances for you to do it.

Speaking of motivation, yesterday as I was hanging around the house, full of anxiety, waiting to go to my afternoon dentist appt, I decided to distract myself by hitting the bedroom again.

Got a decent size bag of clothes to donate, and threw out a small bag of junk and old papers.   

The dentist visit went well. No pain. Got 2 old fillings redone and one tooth built up with resin. Anxiety over.  Insurance pays 50%, woohoo!           

Nancy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3126 on: November 28, 2019, 08:46:21 AM »
@LaineyAZ A friend of mine had a similar experience when getting her house ready to sell. She wished she had cleared things out and lived differently in her house while she was there. I hope I can remember this.

Update: 4/5 Freecycle items are gone. I opened a box of packed items I thought I wanted to keep and pulled out 9 things to give away. I had sentimental attachments to these, so I feel relieved to be able to let them go. Keep it going!

ItsALongStory

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3127 on: November 28, 2019, 09:02:15 AM »
I will also jump into this discussion. My wife and i are planning on making a move from the US to Europe mid to late next year. We have a 3 bedroom 1800sq ft house for the two of us. our garage fits 1 car but is pretty packed otherwise so we have a ton to get rid of. There is little chance I get a relocation package and we have agreed that we would be moving with suitcases not shipping containers.

My wife has a ton of stuff that hold sentimental value for her, from the first Halloween costume she hand made for her kids to little paintings she bought off street artists in various places around the world. We have had some really good conversations about getting rid of stuff or regifting to those that will appreciate it. I look at everything donated that otherwise would be stored as a win, even if we don't get any money for it. The cost of storage in our state is probably lower than elsewhere but it's simply stupid to store a bunch of stuff for a potential return to the states in 10 years or whatever. Right now the biggest sticking point is her 2008 sports car. It's a pain in the neck and will probably end up getting stored somewhere and die on us while we could get $5-7k for it now. My wife has had trust issues as it relates to being able to replace things she gets rid of and this is another scenario although she does absolutely love this car. We will cross that bridge when we get to it, as they say.

T-250 days let's say before we list our house for sale and by then I hope most of our stuff will be gone.

Nancy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3128 on: November 28, 2019, 10:30:14 AM »
Welcome, @ItsALongStory ! I'm also getting rid of my possessions to move abroad. A friend gave me some advice that has worked for me: pack your storage boxes as you go. Later, you can go back and take a second look through the boxes to get rid of more stuff. I paired this with focusing on pieces of furniture that contain other things. For example, if I decide my goal is to get the bookshelf out of my house by the end of the week, then I first have to store or donate everything the bookshelf contains. Once I can actually see the boxes of stuff piling up to store, it makes it easier to go through and remove items rather than add more boxes. Maybe I'm just weird. In any case, good luck and keep us posted!

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #3129 on: November 28, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »
I look at everything donated that otherwise would be stored as a win, even if we don't get any money for it.

Welcome!
I agree so much with the words I quoted from you. For me the win is absolutely to get the things donated or put in trash/recycle.
I will also be moving some time next year, from a house to an apartment due to divorce. It will be me and two boys, 9 & 7 years old. I am planning to get something smaller and to be somewhat non-traditional when it comes to furniture etc. Focus will be on open space and easy to keep in order & clean without too much effort. I really want us to have space for play and exercise. This means I need to consider almost everything I own and see if it should be allowed to take up space in my new home. I have been decluttering a long time and have made progress over the years, but I feel this new situation has made me more focused and more willing to let stuff go, and it feels wonderful.

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #3130 on: November 28, 2019, 01:03:45 PM »
Also, today I took 12 books out of my shelf and offered them for free on local Facebook group. No takers yet, if no-one wants them by Monday I will drop them off at the charity place. And I have made decision on a four inch stack of various papers, a lot of it should be scanned (I have a scanner app that puts them into Evernote) and some I could trash immediately.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3131 on: November 28, 2019, 03:41:31 PM »

LaineyAZ

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3132 on: November 28, 2019, 05:03:00 PM »
I thought this was a great idea: a decluttering party where you ask the guests to take anything they want!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/anything-you-want-take-it-a-downsizing-party-after-45-years-in-the-same-house/2019/11/13/02147fde-064e-11ea-8292-c46ee8cb3dce_story.html

A similar idea:  a co-worker had an aunt who collected angel items for many years.  She was single, no children, and so when she died the family had the idea of putting these angel items on a table at her memorial service.  They announced that anyone who wanted a memento of this aunt could take one of these items.  It was a neat idea, and coincidentally, cleared out some items that would have otherwise have to be wrapped and donated to a charity.

ItsALongStory

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3133 on: November 28, 2019, 10:52:59 PM »
Thank you @nancy and @LinneaH for the warm welcome!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3134 on: November 28, 2019, 11:34:00 PM »
4 books off to the street library, 2 picked up but both will go back into rotation. Also I stopped myself from buying anything today, which stopped new things entering my life for me to own and eventually have to dispose of.

happy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3135 on: November 29, 2019, 02:30:01 AM »
I thought this was a great idea: a decluttering party where you ask the guests to take anything they want!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/anything-you-want-take-it-a-downsizing-party-after-45-years-in-the-same-house/2019/11/13/02147fde-064e-11ea-8292-c46ee8cb3dce_story.html

A similar idea:  a co-worker had an aunt who collected angel items for many years.  She was single, no children, and so when she died the family had the idea of putting these angel items on a table at her memorial service.  They announced that anyone who wanted a memento of this aunt could take one of these items.  It was a neat idea, and coincidentally, cleared out some items that would have otherwise have to be wrapped and donated to a charity.

Great idea! I wish I'd thought of that when mum died...but then she didn't collect angels. Other items might be a bit weird. I have a friend who once collected pigs...wonder how that would go down.

Nancy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3136 on: November 29, 2019, 05:26:51 AM »
Five weeks to go! I can't believe it. The challenge comes from needing to use some items until T-1 week. Then I look at my spreadsheet and remember that everything has its final destination and that it's all just stuff so NBD. The great thing is that we acquired most of our furnishings through Freecycle or second-hand through family members, so I'm really happy to release the items back into the community.

Success: Posted two items of furniture on Freecycle/Nextdoor and already have one response. Family members are taking three others. My husband gave away a trunk load of items and has 3 people interested in test driving the car.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3137 on: November 29, 2019, 06:25:07 AM »

Great idea! I wish I'd thought of that when mum died...but then she didn't collect angels. Other items might be a bit weird. I have a friend who once collected pigs...wonder how that would go down.

Pigs made me laugh but if it gave the friend joy, then I am sure someone would realize that and take a pig!

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3138 on: November 29, 2019, 06:49:57 AM »
I can not say how calming it is to go looking for a random item - such as the camera tripod - and open a cupboard, see it and pull it out and take a picture and then put it back.  No having to look in several places.  No stuff falling out when the door is opened.  No unloading a bunch of stuff to extract wanted item.  And then just slip it back into the place it came out of.

ItsALongStory

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3139 on: November 29, 2019, 07:40:30 AM »

My wife collects wine glasses from all wineries she visits. She might be up for having a going away/liqour cabinet elimination party where everyone keeps a glass.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3140 on: November 29, 2019, 08:05:06 AM »
Finally got the donation boxes out of my living room!  I always keep a box going, but I had just about filled one, and then pulled a bunch of books from my Dad's house.  Got them loaded into the car and DH dropped them at the Salvation Army before Thanksgiving.

Time to start a new box!

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3141 on: November 29, 2019, 10:13:29 AM »
8 bags and boxes out of the house today, all from turning out the spare bedroom.  Clothes, linens and books mainly, and to the charity shop or fabric recycling as appropriate.

3 more bags with bedding and linens waiting to go to the women's refuge, then it's done, with space in the wardrobe and chest of drawers for visitors to put their stuff away.  Feels much better.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3142 on: November 29, 2019, 08:59:39 PM »
Stuff has left the house!

-The hospice foster kitty passed away this week, and I was able to return the unopened cans of food to the pet store. One large bag of it.
-Washed and returned the pill crusher (from the foster kitty's meds) to the shelter, plus gave them the meat baby food I had left over. Pro tip: if you have a cat that's not eating, try meat baby food. It's called kitty crack for a reason. If they don't eat it though, the chances that you're euthanizing just went up because it's a big deal if they refuse kitty crack.
-Box of various stuff to the thrift store.

Nancy

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3143 on: November 30, 2019, 02:03:31 PM »
Nice job, everyone!

A side table and shelving unit were picked up today. Posted seven more items. Added a bunch of things to the Goodwill bags.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3144 on: November 30, 2019, 02:49:56 PM »

-meat baby food. It's called kitty crack for a reason.

I always thought Temptations were cat crack!

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3145 on: November 30, 2019, 03:44:56 PM »
Two more boxes of miscellaneous stuff out the door this week. My oldest DS and his wife just bought their first house and have almost nothing in terms of housewares and furniture. Just too bad that they live on the other side of the country. Otherwise I could start funnelling things to them.

A bag of extra wire hangers is still sitting on my doorstep waiting to be picked up. So annoying when people don't show up, especially for free stuff!

Took down all the pictures, etc. from my office and bedroom in preparation for the painters. Once they are done I will have to decide which pieces to put back up for staging. I also need to decided what to do with a small extra desk in my office. I used it a lot when I was working from home. Probably time to let it go. I'm sure it will make the room look bigger too.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3146 on: November 30, 2019, 04:07:18 PM »

For a healthy cat, treats are of course high value. I've never given a healthy cat meat baby food, so it would be an interesting comparison. But Auburn wouldn't eat treats at all, only a little baby food. Sick cats have a very different set of rules.

LinneaH

• Bristles
« Reply #3147 on: December 01, 2019, 02:53:35 AM »
Visited relatives yesterday from early morning to late evening so no progress. I went to bed immediately we came home which was very clever bc today I feel I have more energy and willpower. Right now I am at soccer practice for DS2, not allowed to watch though so I brought five old magazines to look through. Done already and not a single page I want to keep. We park just next to a paper recycling bin so I can drop them there before I get into the car.
Also dropping off a small package for return (bought something wrong size).

Small wins are also wins.

And be reading I managed to opt out of discussion other parents had regarding Black Friday findings and new cell phones. Total win. (other times we talk of more interesting stuff and then I am happy to join)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #3148 on: December 01, 2019, 07:38:07 AM »
I replaced a black cardigan & navy cardigan, both of which are work staples for me. In return, I went through my closet & pulled out four sweaters that have been more than worn. Down a total of two!

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3149 on: December 01, 2019, 08:04:11 PM »

For a healthy cat, treats are of course high value. I've never given a healthy cat meat baby food, so it would be an interesting comparison. But Auburn wouldn't eat treats at all, only a little baby food. Sick cats have a very different set of rules.

Can confirm this. Healthy cat is a fierce and stroppy ex feral who doesn't like being touched. Same cat sick asks for mummy cuddles and likes being tucked in his blankie.