Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1267656 times)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #5250 on: July 09, 2021, 08:33:04 AM »
-Listed five things on eBay yesterday
-Gave away another six things on Buy Nothing
-Added five items to the donation pile

I also cleaned my son's room (they are with my parents) & organized his dressers/closets. I'll tackle the other child's room today. I'm loving the momentum!

Captain FIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5251 on: July 09, 2021, 01:45:52 PM »
Set a goal to list five things on eBay today, and five things on Buy Nothing. I also donated another five items. Progress! Maybe I can convince the Buy Nothing folks to take some zucchini with them when they pick up. Win/win

I'm not sure what I'm clearing is worth the shipping costs for eBay and it also takes much longer to go out too.  So on the rare odd item I'm posting on craigslist, but generally my go tos are the local buy nothing group equivalent or the trash bin.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5252 on: July 09, 2021, 01:54:17 PM »
Set a goal to list five things on eBay today, and five things on Buy Nothing. I also donated another five items. Progress! Maybe I can convince the Buy Nothing folks to take some zucchini with them when they pick up. Win/win

I'm not sure what I'm clearing is worth the shipping costs for eBay and it also takes much longer to go out too.  So on the rare odd item I'm posting on craigslist, but generally my go tos are the local buy nothing group equivalent or the trash bin.

It's definitely not speeding, in my experience. I just leave things live & have a bin in my closet. I do feel like the items often have a better chance of being used, vs if I just donate to the Goodwill or the like. But, you have to send it in the mail, and environmentally, I don't have a warm/fuzzy on that. I do all three: sell, give away via Buy Nothing, and then donate.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5253 on: July 09, 2021, 03:06:16 PM »
Zucchini tends to go quickly in my Buy Nothing group!

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5254 on: July 10, 2021, 10:05:29 AM »
I'm starting on my kitchen today and OMG WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY LIDS?!?

I already recycled over a dozen lids from yogurt containers, etc., and I have another 40 or so lids from water bottles and food storage containers that I'm pretty sure will go - I'm just waiting to recycle/toss them until I'm sure I've found all the containers in my house.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5255 on: July 10, 2021, 10:21:23 AM »

It's true - every time I post, I have way more respondents than zucchini. I'm doing batches weekly, in addition to giving away to friends & neighbors. We are almost at that phase with jalapenos

Nederstash

• Bristles
« Reply #5256 on: July 10, 2021, 11:53:02 AM »
A decluttering win from an unexpected direction! My brother and his wife recently had a baby and they're stuck in a tiny apartment until the housing market gives them an opportunity. They've been overloaded with STUFF. Baby stuff, gifts, their own things. I offered to store some of it until they get a house and they were very happy. It's a little more space for them and no problem for me.

Thanks to my decluttering I have ample space now! Glad it was of use!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5257 on: July 10, 2021, 12:43:29 PM »
Gave away three items on Buy Nothing this morning (work swag flask, hiking flask/hot water holder & an extra deck of Uno cards). Sold a chess set on Facebook marketplace for $20. Listed a hat on eBay, & a router from our vacation house on FB market place. Slow & steady.

Captain FIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5258 on: July 10, 2021, 06:30:40 PM »

It's definitely not speeding, in my experience. I just leave things live & have a bin in my closet. I do feel like the items often have a better chance of being used, vs if I just donate to the Goodwill or the like. But, you have to send it in the mail, and environmentally, I don't have a warm/fuzzy on that. I do all three: sell, give away via Buy Nothing, and then donate.

Yep, that's why I like our buy nothing equivalent group.  I know the person who takes it will use it.  My town also has a swap shop that was closed during the pandemic but open now, but I feel like most of the stuff there just gets trashed in the end, so I've avoided using it so far. 

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5259 on: July 11, 2021, 07:04:18 AM »
I just picked up a bunk bed on our local Buy Nothing to drop it off with a friend who just moved with her kids into a 2BR apartment in NYC.  While at it, I offered her a couple of boxes of my mother's housewares and a bag of one of my son's clothes (in good condition) and she gladly accepted. 

My next move is to offload two boxes of mugs that my parents had... they have some sentimental value to me because they are from my childhood, but not enough that I want to keep them.  Fortunately our church has moved from styrofoam cups at coffee hour to real mugs, so I will just drop off our mugs now that in person services have resumed! I'll get to visit them but not have them cluttering up my cabinets...

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5260 on: July 11, 2021, 09:53:41 AM »

It's true - every time I post, I have way more respondents than zucchini. I'm doing batches weekly, in addition to giving away to friends & neighbors. We are almost at that phase with jalapenos

The local joke here is to lock your car in the summer or you will find unsolicited gifts of zucchini in it.

Got rid of 3 grocery bags of stuff yesterday - books, clothes, packing materials and some small bits I already don't remember.  I also have a huge bag of carboard egg containers to go to the nearby egg seller and some plant containers to go to the nursery.  So a bunch of stuff off my kitchen floor where it was waiting.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5261 on: July 11, 2021, 03:17:11 PM »
I have been feeling not very decluttery at the moment, partially because we have got rid of so much over the last ouple of years and I've been pretty solid about not bringing new things into the house. But in the last week we have
- given an almost brand-new pair of uggs that the boys have outgrown to the other house [snapped up by one of their stepsisters]
- used up freezer dumplings and edamame
- made stock from all the vegetable ends stored in the freezer
- used up old flour, pecans, condensed milk (best before June 2019!) and white chocolate in a baked good
- put a nice jacket and pair of shoes in a bag for eventual donation (once that opens up again) because even in a capsule wardrobe, sometimes there are things you just don't wear.
- and I started working through my 160 book TBR pile with the goal of either completing or DNF/deleting each of them.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5262 on: July 11, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »
@mspym - I definitely go through bouts as well. I consider decluttering to be a regular part of life, but the "majority" of it, is done. We're optimizing for the 10% or whatever at our house. There's always a bit more here & there, but we're reasonably streamlined, & I try to stay on top of not bringing new things in.

-Sold 3 shirts on Ebay
-Put an old baking pan in the donation pile. I never use it, and prefer the ones with sides that prevent food from sliding
-Listed a few more items I brought back from our vacation house on eBay

And, in crazy news, my husband is cleaning his closet. I think he's bored because our teenagers are with my parents. He has his entire closet torn apart. Since I've known him, I've never known him to willingly complete this task. I'm intrigued to see what he's going to ditch.

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5263 on: July 11, 2021, 04:42:55 PM »
I was thinking today that I should sell my chest freezer. I haven't used it in years. It has been just sitting empty. Why am I feeling resistance to this?

Poundwise

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5264 on: July 11, 2021, 05:00:20 PM »
I was thinking today that I should sell my chest freezer. I haven't used it in years. It has been just sitting empty. Why am I feeling resistance to this?

If you didn't use it even during the pandemic, you're probably never going to use it. Think about what you could do with the space or money... maybe that will unstick you!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5265 on: July 11, 2021, 05:01:09 PM »
Have you tried listing the cons of selling and identifying which items raise the most emotional response? What are the benefits of keeping it?

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5266 on: July 11, 2021, 05:14:14 PM »

Do it, @Prairie Gal - put it in the hands of someone who will use it, and bonus: get it out of your house!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5267 on: July 11, 2021, 05:28:58 PM »

Do it, @Prairie Gal - put it in the hands of someone who will use it, and bonus: get it out of your house!
Exactly! You could free up space AND improve someone else's life.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5268 on: July 11, 2021, 05:55:41 PM »
And it is replaceable. If life cycles around and you know you’d use one again, you can buy one again. There will be a lot of covid bought freezers on the second hand market in the next little while.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #5269 on: July 12, 2021, 10:26:57 PM »
Frustration - listed an old printer/scanner for free and got ghosted. Long after the meeting time passed, the person emailed to meet again, saying their phone had died so they couldn't navigate to the meet point. I just don't have the energy to deal with the possibility that they won't show a second time. Waiting for another person to be interested...

Ghosted again! I can't rule out the possibility that it was the same person getting revenge on me for not trying to re-schedule with them the first time. But also, absolutely no basis for this whatsoever (outside of my own demented imagination).

The Saga Of The Printer now ends. Today I passed it off to it's new owner! Yay!

I will probably find something just after I post this, but barring one small bag going to the thrift shop on Friday (donation day), there is nothing in the house that needs to be decluttered!!!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5270 on: July 13, 2021, 09:20:26 AM »
Wow, @oneday - no decluttering left? That's some serious progress!

My husband went through his closet (first time in at least a decade) & found a bunch of stuff to donate. I picked through the best of it, for resale purposes. He has extremely, extremely pricey Italian shoes, from his days in sales.
-Listed five pair of shoes on Ebay. One already sold
-Will list the remainder today
-Listed three shirts on eBay
-Have listed a bunch on Buy Nothing, but there is no traction for mens clothing.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #5271 on: July 13, 2021, 07:40:45 PM »
@MaybeBabyMustache yeah! Thanks for the acknowledgement. Moving 3 times in the recent past helps quite a bit.

I expect the clutter to accumulate in the future. That's just the way it seems to go.

Zamboni

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5272 on: July 13, 2021, 09:06:59 PM »
I KonMari'ed my bedroom and donated a set of bedroom furniture and several bags of clothes and shoes. Also donated my old bicycle, although I regret that I forgot to pull of the gel seat pad first. Sold a vanity (for $5 more than I paid for it, whoo-hoo!)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5273 on: July 14, 2021, 11:07:03 AM »
-Have someone on Buy Nothing interested in a bag of my husband's clothing. She's out of town, and can't pick up until next week, but I'd rather wait & give it to her, vs donating elsewhere & risk it going to the landfill.
-Sold another pair of shoes on eBay, as well as two toys & a box of Pottery Barn battery votives that I found at our vacation house. Junk out, cash in.
-I also gave away a bunch of other random stuff on Buy Nothing. What's working for me is a big post with 10 or so items. It may not be worth it for someone to drive to your house for one item, but if they see 2-3 things they want, it's more enticing. I'm also giving away bundles of Greek basil with all of our stuff (trimming back the bush in the garden), so it's a double win

I need to go through my eBay closet & see what else remains.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #5274 on: July 14, 2021, 06:32:55 PM »
I expect the clutter to accumulate in the future. That's just the way it seems to go.

That didn't take long! Today I put BF's tall kitchen trash can outside. It is in rough shape, cracked on the bottom, but still holds a liner/bag and is useful. However, because I sit right next to the kitchen trash, if it gets smelly, I either suffer or toss out the bag before it's full. I don't like to do that because it sends more plastic to the landfill. The solution is a shorter trash can, which is what we have now. But what to do with the tall one? I say trash it, but it's not mine. We'll see what BF decides.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5275 on: July 15, 2021, 01:42:21 PM »
Y’all. I had someone scheduled to pick up a big bed frame I’ve been trying to get off my porch for a month…. And I ghosted them!  I completely forgot and missed their text and never sent them my address…..  uuuuughhhh!  I apologized profusely… but I may have missed my only chance…

I’ve started not giving out the address until I’m sure people are on the way. I had some people show up very early, while I was still working and it caused trouble, but it backfired on me yesterday.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5276 on: July 15, 2021, 04:14:15 PM »
Ouch, that hurts @PMG . I do everything porch pickup. I only give out my address to one person at a time, so as soon as we agree on a committed time, I give them my address. I'm also clear that they need to be there, or I'm moving on to the next person. Most people will now Venmo in advance (for selling things). Obviously, this doesn't always work with furniture.

Hope you are able to get them to come back!

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5277 on: July 15, 2021, 09:05:22 PM »
Am replacing some work clothing that has gotten too worn. Bunch of tops are in the go away pile.

Pair of jeans that are just not comfy added to the go away pile. I got them from the thrift store, so not a big loss there.

Bought new bras. Old ones are getting trashed. My trick of going on ebay and searching for the expensive new bras, then buying a ton of them cheap, worked yet again. Got 11 for about $200 :) These will last for several years. A bunch of them are an ugly pink, but hey, they were $10 each (60ish in the store), I'll cope.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
« Reply #5278 on: July 15, 2021, 10:41:28 PM »
Y’all. I had someone scheduled to pick up a big bed frame I’ve been trying to get off my porch for a month…. And I ghosted them!  I completely forgot and missed their text and never sent them my address…..  uuuuughhhh!  I apologized profusely… but I may have missed my only chance…

I’ve started not giving out the address until I’m sure people are on the way. I had some people show up very early, while I was still working and it caused trouble, but it backfired on me yesterday.

Ugh, sorry that happened! Hope you can work it out with them.

I didn't think anyone would take my printer after the first person ghosted me twice (or two separate people ghosted me). The fourth person never responded to my reply, but the fourth person was the winner! I have faith you will get another chance.

Loretta

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5279 on: July 17, 2021, 04:43:03 PM »
I am thrifting away a too tight fleece jacket I purchased in a cold moment of weakness.  It’s super soft, a pretty color, nice pockets, but I can’t zip it up past my boobs. Sad.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5280 on: July 18, 2021, 01:58:29 PM »
More fun at the flea market today.

I sold a wicker basket to another vendor for $2. She says she can get $3 for it. God bless her. I can't sell any wicker at any time, to anyone, lol! So it was a win / win.

I gave her an Avon collector item plate for free. I can't sell it. It's gone. Yay!

I sold some other stuff for about $35 total, so made some money for my time. Not much money, no, but I enjoy selling at the flea market, as a hobby.

And, the best decluttering event today was deciding that  3 ring binders don't sell there, and have decided to donate them. About 2 cubic feet worth of binders.   

draco44

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #5281 on: July 18, 2021, 08:49:59 PM »
@slackmax - nice about the binders. Decluttering bulky things is especially satisfying.

Donated a bunch of books and some assorted housewares to a nearby independent thrift store I like. This was an accomplishment because they have restricted operating hours compared to the bigger chain thrift stores, and I have to make a point of planning a drop-off time into my schedule.

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5282 on: July 18, 2021, 10:04:42 PM »
I gave away some pull-ups and a potty chair on my Buy Nothing group today and filled a bag of donations.

I feel like progress has been slow, but I keep telling myself that so long as more stuff is leaving the house than coming in, I'm still moving in the right direction.

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #5283 on: July 19, 2021, 04:56:20 AM »
Proud of my daughter (13 years and usually a pack-rat): this weekend she decided to declutter her toys. She decided that 2 large boxes of very colorfull plastic Littlest Pet Shop things could not only go out of her room, but out of the house as well. I managed to find a buyer for it and delivered it to the buyer (next to my workplace) this morning. VERY BIG WIN!
She came into the flow and also decluttered her desk. A big pile of junk to recycling and some outgrown coloring books on Buy Nothing left the house!

Captain FIRE

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5284 on: July 19, 2021, 07:50:41 AM »
Two Items:
1) For a bit of fun, let's see who has the most ridiculous item they've saved.

Me?  Right now it's a toss up between a high school letterman jacket not worn in <looks around, whispers> 20+ years and a bright pink beanbag with rips from that same era.  (For what it's worth, I haven't been carting either around for 20 years, my folks dropped it and a pile of other stuff on my doorstep maybe 2-3 years ago, but I haven't bothered to do anything with them sooner.)

Which leads to item 2:

2) Suggestions for how to dispose of clothing with your name emblazoned on it?

I can't imagine someone wants that at goodwill, even though it's in good shape.  And as my full name is unique to me only, I'm not sure I'm keen on having it out there either.  Name is embroidered in so it can't be easily removed.  Is there anything I can do with it other than toss it away?

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5285 on: July 19, 2021, 07:57:36 AM »
Two Items:
1) For a bit of fun, let's see who has the most ridiculous item they've saved.

Me?  Right now it's a toss up between a high school letterman jacket not worn in <looks around, whispers> 20+ years and a bright pink beanbag with rips from that same era.  (For what it's worth, I haven't been carting either around for 20 years, my folks dropped it and a pile of other stuff on my doorstep maybe 2-3 years ago, but I haven't bothered to do anything with them sooner.)

Which leads to item 2:

2) Suggestions for how to dispose of clothing with your name emblazoned on it?

I can't imagine someone wants that at goodwill, even though it's in good shape.  And as my full name is unique to me only, I'm not sure I'm keen on having it out there either.  Name is embroidered in so it can't be easily removed.  Is there anything I can do with it other than toss it away?

2. I would just donate it anyway. It can go into fabric recycling if nothing else.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5286 on: July 19, 2021, 04:55:14 PM »
Went through my dresses & cleaned out a bunch. (I live in California & we get a lot of warm weather, so it's a fair sized chunk of my closet). Gave away five dresses on Buy Nothing.

Sold a bunch of stuff on eBay, including something I've posted numerous times on Buy Nothing & couldn't give away. ;-):
-Wall decoration letters from Pottery Barn
-A workout tank top
-A re-usable wine bag
-A book

Also sold a board game on Facebook

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5287 on: July 19, 2021, 05:05:00 PM »
All our opshops are closed right now so there's no donation option.
I'm not sure if/when I will return to work so I might pack up my work-only items so they aren't taking up visual space.
Returning two books to the street libraries I got them from.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5288 on: July 20, 2021, 01:04:19 PM »
I was very frustrated by something today, so channeled that frustration by going through my entire closet & dresser. I don't actually think I have a lot, and declutter regularly. But, there was still a bunch. Since I don't expect to go back to the office any time soon, & then hope to FIRE shortly after, it helped me decide on a bunch of work clothes. Listed the following on Buy Nothing
-Listed 11 tops
-10 shoe boxes (people collect them for donations)
-1 small fan
-1 laptop sleeve

I also found a shoe box without a lid to recycle, added another 10 items of clothing to the Goodwill (they will fabric recycle if it's not usable).

At least the frustration led me to a positive decluttering outcome. ;-)

lazycow

• Bristles
« Reply #5289 on: July 26, 2021, 12:23:57 AM »
Found a pair of sunglasses that no one in the house admits to owning. How did they get here?! Into the donation bin. Along with a couple of books, a hoodie I bought on impulse during lockdown last year and decided the colour is not flattering on me, and a Wasgij puzzle that the family completed during this lockdown.

I also have 2 Pop Vinyls that my daughter wants gone, but am undecided over whether to try and sell or just donate. One is going for 3x what she paid for it but I don't have an ebay account and my local FB groups are too small for this kind of thing. Can I be bothered going through the hassle of it all? It exhausts me just to think of it...

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #5290 on: July 26, 2021, 08:08:50 AM »
Gave away the fan & shoe boxes from the Buy Nothing mention below, as well as a pair of shoes & a desk chair. We found a nice desk chair with a free sign on our street, so used that to replace the Ikea desk chair. Much more comfortable, and then gave away the Ikea chair.

Put out a call on Buy Nothing for mailing envelopes, and got so much interest! I sell a lot on eBay, & am out of my own packaging, so I'm thrilled. Will pick up a bunch today & now have other people saving them for me in the future. I love the sharing community.

onemomentatatime

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #5291 on: July 26, 2021, 09:52:43 PM »
I am just jumping on board but, my son and I have gone through toys, I have gone through part of the garage and a couple a rooms. Posting on Buy nothing, donating, giving to friends, shredding papers! Feels good!

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5292 on: July 27, 2021, 05:21:09 AM »
Okay, this is nuts but I have an electric typewriter in my closet. It was a super expensive one at the time. Probably $350. It is now at least 30 years old and for some reason I hang onto it! I have not looked but I probably couldn't even buy ribbon for it any longer. Anyone have an idea where to donate a dinosaur? I have seen some places still use typewriters but no idea if some organization could use mine. Or like I said, find typewriter ribbon. It is fairly heavy and in a carry case.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5293 on: July 27, 2021, 09:57:42 AM »
Okay, this is nuts but I have an electric typewriter in my closet. It was a super expensive one at the time. Probably $350. It is now at least 30 years old and for some reason I hang onto it! I have not looked but I probably couldn't even buy ribbon for it any longer. Anyone have an idea where to donate a dinosaur? I have seen some places still use typewriters but no idea if some organization could use mine. Or like I said, find typewriter ribbon. It is fairly heavy and in a carry case.

A museum?  I only partly jest - one of ours has a line of cameras from the old exploding lightbulb kind to the modern.  Makes for an interesting walk through history.

PMG

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5294 on: July 27, 2021, 10:27:37 AM »
I’d put it on eBay for a bit less than comparable ones. You might not make money but you’ll get it to someone who wants it.  Or find tech recycling.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5295 on: July 27, 2021, 02:30:54 PM »

I ended up donating my perfectly working IBM Selectric to the Salvation Army. I tried to sell it to pawn shops and no one wanted it, not even for free.  I had it out at a flea market a few weekends, and no interest, either.

But the old *manual*  typewriters were going for around $100   2   years ago.  Don't know about now, though. I have an old 70's Olivetti in storage. 

nessness

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #5296 on: July 27, 2021, 08:33:18 PM »
We had our annual bulky waste pick up today and got rid of two expired car seats, a rusted kids bike, broken microwave, broken kids chair, and some large pieces of styrofoam.

We still have a ways to go with the garage, but it feels much more spacious now, and I think most of what's left that I want to get rid of is donate-able.

I also donated several bags of clothes, books, toys, etc. over the weekend, and gave away a couple things on my Buy Nothing group. The Buy Nothing group is definitely the slowest way to get rid of things, but also the most satisfying, since I know for sure there's someone who actually wants it.

I'm a little discouraged by how little difference the things I donated made in the overall feel in the house. I think I need to go area by area more, instead of collecting random things from around the house, so that I see more progress and stay motivated.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5297 on: July 27, 2021, 09:18:53 PM »
Added two more books to the donate pile.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #5298 on: July 27, 2021, 10:53:08 PM »
A small silly one - I have 100+ skeins of embroidery thread, almost none of which still have the identifying tag on them. This means that as I am sewing, I've been running out of a colour, can't go into a store to match it myself (lockdown), can't buy online (as I have no idea what to order), and instead find the closest match from the stash and work out how to incorporate it in, either in a discrete area or through blending it. This has been slowly using up a number of 50cm or 1m's worth of leftover colours as well as challenging me to work with what I already have.

Dutch Comfort

• Bristles
« Reply #5299 on: July 28, 2021, 02:42:26 AM »
11yo surprised me by donating a big play-truck to a younger friend, since he was not using it anymore and the little guy was so happy to get this.
13yo cleaned out part of her closet and now I have a few things to donate as well.

Reminds me that I should clean out my closet as well (although I do this yearly, it is about time again.....).