Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1253458 times)

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #500 on: April 10, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »
Returned a small furniture gift to the giver
Declined a massive one

This actually took some effort, because we're in the second biggest place of my kid's life and I was aiming to meet his dreams of a conventional set-up. But it's not actually a mansion, and it wouldn't take much to fill it up, restricting play options and movement, etc. So, it was tough for me to say no thank you, but I did it! I love space and ease. Gotta actively choose it. DS is perfectly happy with our current schtick.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #501 on: April 11, 2018, 10:05:56 PM »
*Decluttered myself from a one-man show that was pretending to be a committee
*Realized a thing was obsolete per manager's latest reno, so chucked that
*Canceled several email subscriptions

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #502 on: April 11, 2018, 10:11:02 PM »
Threw out an old drop saw that had seen better days and only worked as a test of our electrical safety switches....

It had been sitting in the shed for about a year unused and unloved.  Time to go.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #503 on: April 13, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »
My credit card statement says I made $373 worth of returns last month. Excellent!

Wayward

• Stubble
  • Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will
« Reply #504 on: April 13, 2018, 12:28:36 PM »
Sold a couple guitars, painting supplies, exercise equipment, cds/dvds, old coins, etc.
Donated several big bags of clothes, household and other miscellaneous items
Recycled/thrown out old papers/documents and much more…

It’s amazing I still have more clutter to clear out!

Yasha

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #505 on: April 13, 2018, 07:54:29 PM »
Gave a stuffed lemur toy to a friend who rescues baby possums, also a colouring book of native plants. She loved both of them and they're out of my house now/ I have another colouring book on my donate pile which I will offer a different friend today and if she doesn't want it it will go to the op-shop.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #506 on: April 14, 2018, 11:57:32 AM »
I have thrown away a weekend bag, as we have 4 other weekend bags that we prefer to use. I also ditched 4 of my hand bags. One of them I try to give away on facebook, as well as a fluffy duck toy. I have also ditched a toy bear from my childhood and a cover to carry a suit in, as we have 2 of those. I also threw away 3 glasses. I made a facebook add to sell three lamps for little money.
I have put my triathlon cycle helmet for sale again. I did't succeed in selling it last spring. I also reativated the adds of my wedding dress and my digital piano, both at a lower price than before.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #507 on: April 14, 2018, 02:51:30 PM »
I made a decision to put in the garbage stuff people leave at my door. I didn't ask for them, I didn't indicate need, I have everything, I don't want the job. I used to sort through, take 99-100% to the thrift or contact them to make arrangements, yadda yadda. I'm just going to view it as illegal dumping and chuck 'em now. Ditto unwanted gifts brought into my house. We're blocks from so many thrift shops -take it there. If I need it and love enough to pay $75 cents for it, I'll go get it -but more likely I'll choose the one that fits or is in a colour I like or isn't stained.

When people see how clear and spacious our place is, many do two things:
1. compliment it on being lovely, clear, spacious, zen, uncluttered, etc
2. leave stuff for us

???????????

Once I made the decision that my body is not a garbage can -when people give me "food" that's not optimal for my body, I was no longer obligated to eat it. I could put it in what IS the garbage can. Now I will apply the same to stuff.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #508 on: April 14, 2018, 02:54:56 PM »
Just curious, who leaves stuff at your front door? That is very strange!

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #509 on: April 14, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »
Neighbours, buddies, strangers, maintenance people...

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #510 on: April 14, 2018, 03:00:24 PM »
Did you encourage this? Why would they do this? I have never had any unwanted crap appear at my door. I have had booze bottles and beer cans chucked in my yard!

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #511 on: April 14, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »
What encourages it? Standing in an uncluttered house? Processing (a.k.a. quietly ditching) previous items? Saying a polite thank you and then discarding them? All I know is I didn't ask for it, invite it, or say yes to it, so no. I've also specifically said to three of them that I don't want x or use y, but they bring them anyway.

In one case, a person "offered" my son a pile of stuff. I said no, we can't use it, he doesn't use it, we like to keep more space than stuff, he just received a bunch of stuff... I identified a person who was specifically looking for donations of exactly those items for a nonprofit project and directed the donor there. Months later, she brought it to our house. She'd stored it that whole time for DS. So now it sits in our storage, and soon I'll take it to the person I identified, or the thrift. Bah.

I'm often surrounded by very kind, generous people (as well as some who don't listen)  :)

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #512 on: April 14, 2018, 03:18:26 PM »
OMG, I have enough junk I am trying to get rid of and to have these do gooders leaving crap at my house would infuriate me! You are going to have to tell them NO THANK YOU! Let them know that you have no use for it and that it would be best to take it to Goodwill!

Sometimes you have to be mean which I don't like to do but dang! My husband worked at a place where this woman kept coming in and forcing these Jehovah Witness or some other religious materials into his hands. He told her nice a few times no thank you but she kept pestering him every few days. Finally, one day he was probably having a bad day and she came in again with these materials. He took the materials and chucked them in the garbage can right in front of her and told her he was not interested. She finally got the picture.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #513 on: April 14, 2018, 03:33:57 PM »
It would be simple if it were just one person over and over. But when it's 14 different people over a given month or three, or stuff is left anonymously, it's beyond me. It doesn't infuriate me, and it's not my responsibility to guess, communicate, recommunicate, etc. I can just chuck it (or thrift it if I'm going there), because the stuff is their responsibility and this action is the fastest and easiest for me in the bigger scenario.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #514 on: April 14, 2018, 03:43:18 PM »
Can you put a sign up on your door? Tactfully worded of course! "Thank you for thinking of us but we have everything we need. The nearest thrift store accepting donations is x.."

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #515 on: April 14, 2018, 03:45:01 PM »
Why do these people think you want or need this junk?

Put a sign out in front of your house, No Dumping! LOL!

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #516 on: April 14, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »
Can you put a sign up on your door? Tactfully worded of course! "Thank you for thinking of us but we have everything we need. The nearest thrift store accepting donations is x.."

Yes, and that would stop the more generic ones left outside, but not the ones they view as personal gifts. Then there's the ones that make it in -I have a very hard time getting words out in the moment, so I'm just going to stop having these extra jobs (the coming up with words, and the processing other people's stuff).

Why do these people think you want or need this junk?

I don't think they think we need it. I think they want to declutter their homes, but are having that thing of: "Oh, I can only release this divine wonderful amazing old stained/partial/favourite item if it goes to someone I know."

Ms Ida

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #517 on: April 14, 2018, 04:13:44 PM »

This is the link I used: https://www.apple.com/recycling/ They don't do it in store unless you're trading it in for a new device, so they'll mail you the kit to send it in.

I will say that I could end up getting less if the phone is in worse condition than they thought...we'll see.

Thanks  for the link. I have a dead phone, dead dead, sitting on the counter that I need to recycle.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #518 on: April 14, 2018, 09:22:39 PM »
Today someone offered me a bunch of stuff -frozen foods from the garden (nice!!), cuttings and other supplies for potted indoor plants. They're wanting to clear space in their home. I said nope :)

I did buy some things I wanted, including a basket to store the weird collection of different subjects I work on from my nest. Now everything's in there, all easily viewable, accessible, and putbackable. Massive improvement, both logistically and visually.

Yasha

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #519 on: April 15, 2018, 05:06:48 AM »
Took a brown wooly jacket (which my husband always said made me look like Snuffleupagus), another colouring-in book, and six books that I was keeping for a rather embarrassing reason... because they made me look 'cultured', depite never having read them... to work to give away from there - the jacket to the women's space, the colouring book to the lunchroom and the books to the second hand bookshop. I have my eyes set on the study room because I'm sure there is plenty more to go from there and because if my sister moves in with us for a bit that would be her room so there needs to be some more space.

Mongoose

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #520 on: April 15, 2018, 10:02:32 AM »
Water leak was from a door to a stairwell back porch. We covered that now so it hopefully won't happen again. Our furnace has been replaced (unrelated problem) and the workers cleaned up after themselves well. Today we are at home and I'm hoping that my family will help me restore order so we can resume our regularly scheduled decluttering!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #521 on: April 15, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »
DH thinks I might be able to get some money for my leather handbags. So I took them out of the bin and made and add. If the are no reactions soon, they will be thrown away again.

Stupid facebook removed one of my adds on facebook, in suspision that it was spam. I have marked it as no spam and hope it will be back soon.

DH threw away an old (ancient) floating vest.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #522 on: April 15, 2018, 01:16:57 PM »
My Senior center is having a shredding event in May. I have gathered up my old tax returns from way back to 1998! I kept 2010 and forward. That was two grocery bags full. I cleaned out some bank statements and other statements from last year that was two bags full. I also have another 2 bags or maybe 3 in another room. I have one more spot to clean out. So about 7 grocery bags full of crap so far. It will be gone the first week of May! On top of that, because we are seniors, we get to shred FREE! Some events are for charity and cost about $10 a box full I would probably have 3 boxes or more!

Also, started another giant garbage bag for donation. It is never ending! My dogs have a crate full of toys and most are crappy and they don't play with them anymore so that might be the next thing I tackle to chuck out. I also have a drawer of turtle necks that I used to love but have not worn in several years now. So they are going to go out too! I might even have a couple of empty drawers! That is unheard of in my house! LOL!

halftimer

• Stubble
« Reply #523 on: April 15, 2018, 08:22:52 PM »
Like Roadrunner - I'm on a shredding mission!  I started using my small shredder at home but was overwhelmed and just wanted it done. Next, I looked up the free events locally, but there are only 2 in the next 2 months and not at good times for me. Then I noticed a discount coupon online for secure shredding at a nearby office centre and I was able to get rid of a giant box there the next evening. It felt so good to have all those pages gone. I'm actually surprised that after going through all my random papers and filing that I only had one box full to go.  I also sent a lot to recycling though, and have reduced the number of papers we print or get that need to be shredded to begin with.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #524 on: April 15, 2018, 09:10:03 PM »
When I started my shredding mission, I was willing to pay even $40-$50 at a time to dump the stuff through the big systems. Worth it just to get it out of there! (I used the freebies if there happened to be one coming up, but I had a LOT to shred and didn't want it sitting around for months at a time.)

Today: Found a new, simpler system for filing. I'd started out using the plastic tabs + inserts that came with the folders. First I was typing the labels on a sheet, then I graduated to using my label maker to create an insert, then a same-size post-it *over* the plastic tab with handwriting... Today I finally realized I can use the larger, square post-its as the entire labeller. lol. Much faster and simpler, gets me to make the new files I need, and let me chuck all the plastic tabs and inserts. If I'll label a folder, I'll file properly and consistently, so YAY!

Shredded a few pages no longer needed, deleted some folder labels no longer needed, created the few that were. Also took out all recycling and garbage, and removed the few elements from my main living space to run Roomba through every millimeter. Looks and feels great!

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #525 on: April 15, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »
Jooni -- I recommend setting up a freecycle event for your community.   There are two ways to do this:

1.  A "Share shed" or "Share room" concept -- find a large closet / shed / corner in your community, where people can drop off items that they don't want and pick up stuff (from others) that they do want.

2.  Have a single day freecycle in your community hall -- people bring what they don't want, and the next day, it is open for everyone to take what they do.  People that drop off items donate $2 towards disposal.   You get volunteers to help set up the tables, and use the $$'s to dispose of the remainder.  (I called a donation truck for a pickup).

e.g., set up  an outlet for these people to avoid you when they get rid of stuff, and direct everyone to the event.

BONUS -- get others started on the idea, and hand it over to others to arrange and make happen.

My event was a bigger success than I anticipated.  We advertised and invited the whole neighborhood to come, not just the local resident / community.   People love "Free" and took away boxes and boxes of stuff.  You would just need to say no to furniture that one person can't lift.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #526 on: April 15, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »
Jooni -- I recommend setting up a freecycle event for your community.

No -I don't want another job, there are heaps of thrift shops (and free depots) people can drop off to, and I'm passionate about thrift shops over freebies.

I prefer the thrift shop system for multiple reasons:
*creates jobs and/or supports important causes
*creates a daily or weekly social community for workers and customers
*moves all items into one organized warehouse so people can select what they need when they need it
*even the small cost reduces hoarding in some people vulnerable to that
*creates a space anyone can immediately drop stuff off at, getting clutter out

I love pretty much everything about the thrift shop system!

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2018, 01:40:59 AM »
My colleague told me I can drop a stuffed pet in the Salvation Army box where you can donate used clothes. I hadn't thought of that. I am going to drop the things that I put for free on a facebook group. And even the leather handbags, if they don't sell soon, I'll put them in the clothes box. Advantage: they are out of your house immediately. If you put them in an add, you'll have to wait until someone wants them.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 05:54:57 AM by Linda_Norway »

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2018, 04:14:09 AM »
I used to have a little electric shredder. I really despised it because I could only put in about 6 sheet of paper at a time. The bin for the shreds would fill up so fast and it was a mess each time it had to be emptied. When it broke, no tears here. When I used to work, my company had a beast of a shredder. No idea what that thing cots but way too expensive I am sure! It might have been a rental.

I wonder why people don't open a brick and mortar store with shredding machine service? The only shredding I have seen in my area is the charitable events that have a truck in the parking lot and you bring your boxes to them. If they were available, then I personally would not have such a giant pile each year to get rid of! I could make it one of my every 2 month chores to take paperwork to be shredded. 

I'm a red panda

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2018, 06:48:45 AM »
Dropped another box off at the consigment shop.

Included:
2 sets of glasses (really nice pattern but my mother doesn't use it anymore, and we don't actually need glasses. Have held onto the "just in case" for 5 years)
5 puzzles
10 books
A bunch of baby shoes
A bunch of baby clothes, including a ton of infant swimsuits
A few baby toys

zygote

• Bristles
« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2018, 08:32:09 AM »
I gave up on all the clothes I listed online. They weren't getting any interest, except for one Zara dress from last season - that one got lots of messages but no sales. I think even though they were all well-known labels, most were too old. People who want to spend money on a label don't want something from 5-10 years ago.

I took them all to a consignment shop just to see what I could get. They gave me $3 for the Zara dress and didn't want anything else. The rest of the bag went straight to goodwill. I don't even care about not getting money for them. It was spent long ago, I enjoyed the dresses at the time, and it's not worth the hassle.

Though sometimes it feels like I am throwing money out the window with this whole decluttering enterprise, it has really changed my mindset about buying things. I don't want to spend my money on something unless it is worth the cost and I know I will use it well. Otherwise it'll just turn into one more thing to take to the goodwill in a few years. So it's probably saving me money in the long run.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2018, 08:53:09 AM »
How many of you still have your wedding dress, shoes, headpiece/veil? I do...Have not looked at it in years and couldn't fit into it either. I don't even think the shoes would fit! Got married in 1973! Do you think it's time to let it go? LOL!

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #532 on: April 16, 2018, 08:57:26 AM »
I wonder why people don't open a brick and mortar store with shredding machine service?

They do. That’s where I was taking all of mine. Was awesome! (No backlog left. Now I shred at home as I go, a few pieces per day generally.)

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2018, 09:00:08 AM »
How many of you still have your wedding dress, shoes, headpiece/veil? I do...Have not looked at it in years and couldn't fit into it either. I don't even think the shoes would fit! Got married in 1973! Do you think it's time to let it go? LOL!

I sold it about a year after we got married. I'm glad I did. Honestly, the way it was boxed, the most beautiful aspects of the dress weren't visible anyway. And this way, it was still a current style. I got back all but like $200 of the purchase price, too, so that was a nice bonus. Basically means I had a custom designer gown, fit to me and my skin tone, that cost less than renting it would have.

...that being said, none of the parents know =P I don't look forward to that coming up, haha. (Oh, and I never had a veil, and just wore payless sandals I already owned... I still have those, although they're starting to wear out.)

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2018, 09:01:44 AM »
My colleague told me I can drop a stuffed pet in the Salvation Army box where you can donate used clothes. I hadn't thought of that. I am going to drop the things that I put for free on a facebook group. And even the leather handbags, if they don't sell soon, I'll put them in the clothes box. Advantage: they are out of your house immediately. If you put them in an add, you'll have to wait until someone wants them.

YAY!!!! Music to my ears :)))))

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2018, 10:57:15 AM »

I sold it about a year after we got married. I'm glad I did. Honestly, the way it was boxed, the most beautiful aspects of the dress weren't visible anyway. And this way, it was still a current style. I got back all but like $200 of the purchase price, too, so that was a nice bonus. Basically means I had a custom designer gown, fit to me and my skin tone, that cost less than renting it would have.

...that being said, none of the parents know =P I don't look forward to that coming up, haha. (Oh, and I never had a veil, and just wore payless sandals I already owned... I still have those, although they're starting to wear out.)

I got married in an evening gown, which cost half the price of a wedding gown.
It has been on sale for a while. Some interested reactions, but no sale yet.

formerlydivorcedmom

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »

Three months ago, I had TWO wedding dresses.  I had kept the one from my first marriage in case my daughter wanted it...but at 12 years old, she's already 6 inches taller than me, so it wouldn't fit (plus she thinks it's ugly).  I gave it and the veil to Goodwill last month.

The other dress is from my second marriage 5 years ago.  I tried to give it away as well, but my husband protested, so it's still sitting in a bag in my closet.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2018, 01:25:03 PM »
I wonder how it could be upcycled into 'something' so we could make something out of it with the fabric and just get rid of the rest of it? I suppose if you could sew you could make a mini bride dress for a bear or a bigger doll. Or maybe a pillow case for show and tell. If I were divorced, and it was ugly, I might have a burning of the dress ceremony in a barbeque pit! LOL!

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #538 on: April 16, 2018, 02:19:17 PM »
I sold my veil, gave away the shoes and shortened and dyed the dress to make a cocktail dress. Not sure if would fit anymore but I did wear it about 3 times.

Rowellen

• Bristles
« Reply #539 on: April 16, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
There's a charity in Australia that turns wedding dresses into burial gowns for stillborn babies. I intended to donate mine to them. I wanted to take some pictures first and haven't got around to it. Must put that back on my to do list.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #540 on: April 16, 2018, 08:06:42 PM »
I had a declutter fail!   After finally getting rid of a trailer worth of stuff, using 3 different donation systems, I had saved 2 boxes (medium size) of things that I can get money for. 

A person finally called me from craigslist for my "new in box" appliance part, and gosh darn it.  I think it got mixed into  the donation boxes just one day before in my rush to get them out the door.  Damn.  $15 lost.  Argh.

Step37

• Bristles
« Reply #541 on: April 16, 2018, 08:23:53 PM »
I wonder how it could be upcycled into 'something' so we could make something out of it with the fabric and just get rid of the rest of it? I suppose if you could sew you could make a mini bride dress for a bear or a bigger doll. Or maybe a pillow case for show and tell. If I were divorced, and it was ugly, I might have a burning of the dress ceremony in a barbeque pit! LOL!

I got married in a borrowed dress, but still have my veil (in the attic of the garage) - should really give it away. It’s quite pretty...

A FB friend of mine posted this picture of her family’s Christmas stockings she made from her wedding gown. I think they look quite nice, and it provides a way to continue to enjoy the dress.

Yasha

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #542 on: April 16, 2018, 11:24:52 PM »
Sitting in the waiting room for the doctor and I purged 7 loyalty cards from my wallet (two of them for the same place!)... I’m starting a challenge where you declutter 1-30things each day for 30days, so expect to see me around here frequently :D

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #543 on: April 16, 2018, 11:39:27 PM »
Completed a school unit today, including exam, so put all the pages (text and notes) into recycling. Really have to trust that I know that stuff now (because I do).

I'm doing my best to keep four chairs for other people's sakes, but realized yesterday that they don't all need to live in the main part of the house. Moved two into the spare room nearby, making the main area *and* spare room look much better!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #544 on: April 17, 2018, 02:49:25 AM »
This week I should be handing over a kid's bike that our family has outgrown to a friend, which will cut down the bike stash even more. Soon I will only have one (1) bike and one that will eventually be mine once boys outgrow it.

2 more books to go to the free library.

One day I will go through my bag collection and donate a whole bunch - I've definitely donated ~20 in the last two years and the influx has been staunched (no more gazingus pin) so whittling away at The Stuff.

Yasha

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #545 on: April 17, 2018, 05:09:42 AM »
Ended up doing 55things today in a bit of a flurry. 7 loyalty cards, 8 books, 4 measuring cups, 2 bowls, a plate, a egg splitter, a broken spoon, a fruit thingy that is meant to go in a water jug, 4 handkies, a skirt that doesn't fit, 6 nail polishes, two sleep supplements that I haven't used in five years, two lipsticks, two concealer sticks, a handful of beads, a pair of dried contacts, a cookie tin, a pair of cake tray plate things and two calculators.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #546 on: April 17, 2018, 05:57:12 AM »
I have a collection of old perfumes that I never use. They are still good but maybe I will donate some of them.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #547 on: April 17, 2018, 09:37:10 AM »
I still have my wedding gown (1972) and my matron of honour dress from my sister's wedding (gorgeous dress, looked a lot like Kate Middleton's wedding gown) and a horrible bridesmaid dress from my best friend's wedding.  They are all massively dated, I should find a vintage shop.  I also have a gorgeous black velvet evening coat, perfect for wearing to a formal.  I wore it to formals in University, and it has sat in my closet ever since.

DD tried on my wedding dress, it was way to small for her.  I was smug,  Really, it is because she has a full bust and I was pretty flat-chested back then.  Plus she is 3" taller so our body proportions are different.

I still have my veil.  DD was going to wear it, but the dress she bought needs a totally different veil, so it is still sitting in its box.

These may be some of the last things I declutter, hard to let go.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #548 on: April 17, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »
I have no one to hand the wedding dress to and it is dated. It has been in the back of the closet for almost 47 years in a zip bag. It is hard to get rid of it just because I have had such a nice long marriage. It almost seems like a bad omen to get rid of it! LOL!

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #549 on: April 17, 2018, 03:50:02 PM »

I rented my dress.  Veil was made by a friend: white headband with some tulle & "silk" flowers glued on.  I didn't mid tossing that when the event was over, as it was to her taste & not mine.  I wouldn't have even had a veil, but the groom wanted me to have one.  Sandals were Payless specials...they gave me a blister & I tossed them right away.