Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1249375 times)

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #3350 on: January 20, 2020, 11:15:21 AM »
15 more giant black garbage bags filled with donations awaiting for Vietnam Veterans to pick up today. Decided I do not like my Instant Pot so loaded it into a box with a big cookbook. I am probably one of the odd balls of the world that isn't a fan of the IP. Oh well, someone else might enjoy it! I considered selling it on ebay but it was the largest one, 8 quarts, very heavy to ship.

The house is still full to the brim with stuff.

Anyone know how to get rid of a gigantic older flat screen tv? The tv is about 12 years old so not worth anything at all. I know I can pay for someone to get rid of it but looking for a free option.

Years ago, we put ours out on the curb with a FREE sign taped to it.  The neighbors across the street snagged it up within the hour, LOL.

I love the "put it on the curb" option. We can't do it here in our neighborhood, but a friend locally has what she calls "The Awesome Table" where anyone can put anything and anyone can take anything.

What a great idea!  Is it in her garage or....?

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3351 on: January 20, 2020, 11:16:14 AM »
Have scanned postcards from my Dad and newspaper clippings of various family achievements so now the originals are in the recycling, yay. Depending on what happens to my photos, my keepsakes may be reduced from a trunk-full down to one card, one postcard, a few gig tickets and my old passports :) 

I've also listed a few more bits for sale and for free. Getting there, place still looks like a tip though.

This is badass!  :D

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #3352 on: January 20, 2020, 12:27:52 PM »
Have scanned postcards from my Dad and newspaper clippings of various family achievements so now the originals are in the recycling, yay. Depending on what happens to my photos, my keepsakes may be reduced from a trunk-full down to one card, one postcard, a few gig tickets and my old passports :) 

I've also listed a few more bits for sale and for free. Getting there, place still looks like a tip though.

This is badass!  :D

The mildew helped! And also I had kept letters from people I briefly knew and now can't even remember. And finally Peter Walsh's advice that keepsakes with negative memories are 'malignant' was helpful. If I keep the photos the keepsakes might amount a shoebox and two albums of Polaroids.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3353 on: January 20, 2020, 12:39:41 PM »
Went through the kitchen utensils and culled a handful before re-organizing the drawer.  Then I went through my sweaters and pulled the three most worn or least flattering.  Now all my sweaters fit in the drawer with a little space to spare, in case I'm gifted another (very common, my mom loves buying clothes for people, though she's not excessive about it any more.)

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3354 on: January 20, 2020, 10:08:48 PM »
Just sold a set of chrome retro table legs that I've been hanging onto for years. $55 woohoo!

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3355 on: January 20, 2020, 10:40:26 PM »
I'm close to having all of the clutter out--now it's just maintenance. I've had several things hanging around that I wanted to dispose of responsibly.

I can do pickup orders through Instacart at my Aldi (saving money!), and they put the items in paper and plastic bags (adding clutter). Today I put the order in my trunk and switched everything over to my reusable bags. Then I took the stack of bags from this order and previous orders into the store and put them on the bagging shelf. Next, I took a large bag of other plastic bags to Target's recycling bin.

Then I found recycling homes for a baggie full of dead batteries, a broken CFL bulb, and some ink cartridges. All stuff that had been hanging around for months!

While I was out, I returned some useless Christmas presents and exchanged them for things I actually needed. Another reason to be frustrated by family gift-giving practices [eyeroll].

Had to throw out a large living room rug after a pet illness that resulted in several accidents while I was out. So plus one for decluttering, minus one for the household budget :/

Threw away some old craft fabric that was past any use.

So many things gone!

SailingOnASmallSailboat

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3356 on: January 21, 2020, 12:55:12 PM »

I love the "put it on the curb" option. We can't do it here in our neighborhood, but a friend locally has what she calls "The Awesome Table" where anyone can put anything and anyone can take anything.

The Awesome Table is in her front yard. She did have an issue when someone took the table itself, but someone offered up another one and it's back in business.

MountainGal

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3357 on: January 21, 2020, 03:56:17 PM »

The Awesome Table is in her front yard. She did have an issue when someone took the table itself, but someone offered up another one and it's back in business.

Kind of her to do this for the neighborhood.  :)

Prairie Gal

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3358 on: January 21, 2020, 07:45:07 PM »
I got the inside of my house painted a couple of weeks ago, so everything is down off the walls. I am kind of liking the minimalist look. I have to decide now what goes back up, and what goes out the door. I also have a little dresser that usually lives in my bedroom, but so far I haven't put it back. It's an antique, and I really like it, but the uncluttered space looks really nice without it. I wish I had another place to put it, but it might go.

Anyway, on the To Do list for this weekend is to go through my kitchen cupboards. I have too many cups and a bunch of champagne glasses that I never use. Will box those up to donate.

iamthepinky

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3359 on: January 22, 2020, 04:26:14 PM »
Joining in. SO, pup and I currently live in a 580 sq ft apartment and we are bursting at the seams. I have several projects to undertake:

* Clothes/shoes purge (I seem to do this yearly. Despite donating a few things whenever I get something new, I always feel like I keep accumulating)
* Electronics purge
* Pantry purge and re-org
* Fridge cleanout
* Freezer re-org

This is going to take a while but we will get it done.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3360 on: January 23, 2020, 12:37:59 AM »
Yeah I can probably throw out the dried rosemary and dried thyme that hasn't been touched in ten years because we've got it growing in the garden... Likewise the instant coffee sample pack and the camomile tea.

It seems like everything we do want fits in the new kitchen.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3361 on: January 23, 2020, 08:12:11 AM »
I wasted all morning trying to get an old small photo printer to work.  It *looks* like it’s in great shape, and I was hopeful I could either use all the consumables by printing some photos, or test it enough to sell on eBay, but it just flat won’t work.  There are no drivers that work with modern OS’s or cameras, so it is going in the trash the next time I walk upstairs.  I have assuaged all guilt around tossing it.

I’m a cardboard box hoarder.  It’s been a real help for selling things on eBay since I’ve only had to buy one box so far (I even made the most amazing frankenbox for a large odd-shaped item - that was fun).  I’m hoping the excess “stuff” and the boxes run out at the same time.

So the good news on the printer......it's worth zero.  I collect and disassemble electronics for a hobby and sell escrap.  Being able to sell a "thing" brings far more money in than selling the scrap.  I've tried various "things" that I get on a regular basis.  Printers are one of these.  So what would you think 100 working printers would bring in?  If I were to tell you that $10 for the entire lot went with zero bids, would you feel better that your printer didn't start working again?  Note that even flat screen monitors bring nothing anymore.  I've tried with those as well.  I once put up a lot with about 8 working flat screen monitors, an old graphics card and an aftermarket tower.  Every inquiry I got was whether I wanted to sell just the tower.....and not the entire lot for $10. 

I haven't had much time to clean up and throw out lately.  Lots of car work in the garage.  Maybe start up again.  I did go through some boxes and found lamp shades.  Why I had lamp shades is beyond me.  Broke them down into metal (into the scrap bin) and not metal (into the trash) with the boxes going into my wood furnace starting pile.  I have some other "fancy" lamps that are brass fixtures.  More work but I'll separate into the brass parts for scrap and ferrous parts for the metal bin and of course the wire into the wire box.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3362 on: January 23, 2020, 09:07:48 AM »
If I were to tell you that $10 for the entire lot went with zero bids, would you feel better that your printer didn't start working again?

I was already completely fine with trashing it after determining it wouldn't work.  It wasn't about making money (that's a bonus), it was avoiding going to the landfill if someone else could actually use it.  My process is determine if in usable condition -> post on eBay -> donate/offer for free -> trash.  Or that's my process as long as I have the luxury of time!

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3363 on: January 23, 2020, 08:39:20 PM »
I wasted all morning trying to get an old small photo printer to work.  It *looks* like it’s in great shape, and I was hopeful I could either use all the consumables by printing some photos, or test it enough to sell on eBay, but it just flat won’t work.  There are no drivers that work with modern OS’s or cameras, so it is going in the trash the next time I walk upstairs.  I have assuaged all guilt around tossing it.

I’m a cardboard box hoarder.  It’s been a real help for selling things on eBay since I’ve only had to buy one box so far (I even made the most amazing frankenbox for a large odd-shaped item - that was fun).  I’m hoping the excess “stuff” and the boxes run out at the same time.

So the good news on the printer......it's worth zero.  I collect and disassemble electronics for a hobby and sell escrap.  Being able to sell a "thing" brings far more money in than selling the scrap.  I've tried various "things" that I get on a regular basis.  Printers are one of these.  So what would you think 100 working printers would bring in?  If I were to tell you that $10 for the entire lot went with zero bids, would you feel better that your printer didn't start working again?  Note that even flat screen monitors bring nothing anymore.  I've tried with those as well.  I once put up a lot with about 8 working flat screen monitors, an old graphics card and an aftermarket tower.  Every inquiry I got was whether I wanted to sell just the tower.....and not the entire lot for $10. 

I haven't had much time to clean up and throw out lately.  Lots of car work in the garage.  Maybe start up again.  I did go through some boxes and found lamp shades.  Why I had lamp shades is beyond me.  Broke them down into metal (into the scrap bin) and not metal (into the trash) with the boxes going into my wood furnace starting pile.  I have some other "fancy" lamps that are brass fixtures.  More work but I'll separate into the brass parts for scrap and ferrous parts for the metal bin and of course the wire into the wire box.

When you say that you sell escrap, what do you mean exactly? I know there's an organisation here that has intellectually handicapped people employed to break down old electronics into bits able to be recycled. I assume this means stripping copper wiring and stuff. I know that the people employed are on minimum wage and that the organisation runs at a loss and is topped up by fund raising and the small amount paid to drop electronics off there. How does your escrap venture differ?

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3364 on: January 25, 2020, 08:35:54 AM »
One more large boxful off to Goodwill.  Keeping a box in the garage for donations is working out really well.  I just toss in things as I'm sorting or cleaning, and when it's full we drop it off.

The house goes up for sale in April, and my goal was to reduce the number of boxes needed to pack everything by half.  I don't think I'm there yet, but I think we've maybe hit a one third reduction so far.   Lots more needs to go though, so I have to keep at it.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3365 on: January 25, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »
I emptied my bookcase yesterday and only kept 10 books. I decided to display family pictures and the 8 dog urns in it. I keep a continuous box in my closet for things I don’t want.

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3366 on: January 25, 2020, 06:20:09 PM »
I emptied my bookcase yesterday and only kept 10 books. I decided to display family pictures and the 8 dog urns in it. I keep a continuous box in my closet for things I don’t want.

I’m envious of you!  I took all the books out of my bookcase to give it a good cleaning and after agonizing over them, put almost all of them back.  Books are so hard for me.  The one I’m currently reading is not a keeper though, so that’s something.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #3367 on: January 25, 2020, 07:26:40 PM »

8 dog urns?

I don't want to sound rude, but why are you keeping these?

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3368 on: January 25, 2020, 09:40:00 PM »

8 dog urns?

I imagine for the same reason your would keep the urn of your grandma or someone else you loved. What do you think?

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #3369 on: January 25, 2020, 10:19:00 PM »

8 dog urns?

I imagine for the same reason your would keep the urn of your grandma or someone else you loved. What do you think?

But why would you keep an urn of your Grandma either? The memories are not contained in the urn.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3370 on: January 25, 2020, 10:40:37 PM »

8 dog urns?

But why would you keep an urn of your Grandma either? The memories are not contained in the urn.

I've got my dogs ashes on display with his picture. I thought everyone did! It's not an urn exactly, it's a wooden box.

Updated to ask Middo - do you bury your loved ones or do you just not ask for the ashes back. I know with pets you have the option for the bulk cremation & non-return but surely humans you have to take them?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:45:22 PM by Fresh Bread »

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3371 on: January 25, 2020, 11:08:31 PM »
Today I decided I'm definitely keeping three photo albums of polaroids but threw out one broken and one annoying umbrella. Scanned some other pictures and binned them. Can't remember what else I threw out but our bin has been full the last few weeks and normally it's empty! Also I have a car boot full of donations, e-waste, fabric recycling and empty jars for the co-op.

I'm going to splash out on a new dining table that folds down and has drawers under because we don't have anywhere for remotes and keys and earphones and I don't want them lying about.

I've got people coming tomorrow for two bookshelves and a bedframe. Love downsizing! Fewer surfaces to clean! After those go, there's just a cabinet to sell or donate. By the end of tomorrow the old house needs to be empty so the painter can start. Then I start putting things away properly in the new place.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #3372 on: January 25, 2020, 11:50:56 PM »

8 dog urns?

I've got my dogs ashes on display with his picture. I thought everyone did! It's not an urn exactly, it's a wooden box.

Updated to ask Middo - do you bury your loved ones or do you just not ask for the ashes back. I know with pets you have the option for the bulk cremation & non-return but surely humans you have to take them?

Thanks for the reply.  It's not something I have ever seen.  The differences in culture around world are fascinating to me.  Our dogs and cats we buried.  We lived in a farm at the time they died, one cat and one dog overnight peacefully.  One cat was badly mauled and since we lived an hour from the nearest vet I had to shoot it.  Many tears after that one as I found it so hard to do, but I couldn't let it suffer.

My grandparents are probably buried somewhere.  I know some of their plots have been re-used as they died over 25 years ago.  My mum and my wifes parents are all cremayed and then buried.

Polaria

• Stubble
« Reply #3373 on: January 26, 2020, 02:15:09 AM »
I also got the urns of my two cats, presented in a little “shrine” (pictures plus their fav toy).

I currently have the ashes of my mother, she passed away unexpectedly last year and frankly me and the siblings weren’t quite sure what to do with them, so until now we have decided not to decide. Let me tell you, people get weird around human urns...
Personally I like the concept of keeping the dead among the living.

former player

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3374 on: January 26, 2020, 05:16:48 AM »
I know with pets you have the option for the bulk cremation & non-return but surely humans you have to take them?
No.  Back in my home town, when the local undertaker died his children spent some time trying to work out what to do with the pile of ashes they found behind the garden shed.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3375 on: January 26, 2020, 07:36:33 AM »
I know with pets you have the option for the bulk cremation & non-return but surely humans you have to take them?
No.  Back in my home town, when the local undertaker died his children spent some time trying to work out what to do with the pile of ashes they found behind the garden shed.

In my area, it is common to take the ashes and spread them somewhere, often the ocean or a garden.  I think we spread my grandma's ashes in the ocean, and for pets we always put them in the garden and planted flowers in the area.  Some people do this on the person's birthday, or anniversary of death, as a remembrance, but I think we just did it quickly after receiving the urn.  We don't keep the ashes in our house.

Plina

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3376 on: January 26, 2020, 12:50:54 PM »

In my area, it is common to take the ashes and spread them somewhere, often the ocean or a garden.  I think we spread my grandma's ashes in the ocean, and for pets we always put them in the garden and planted flowers in the area.  Some people do this on the person's birthday, or anniversary of death, as a remembrance, but I think we just did it quickly after receiving the urn.  We don't keep the ashes in our house.

In my country you are not allowed to have the ashes of people at home. You have to bury or spread them at a burial site. If you want to spread them anywhere else you have to have a special permit. You can’t spread them within 500 meters of a house.

zygote

• Bristles
« Reply #3377 on: January 26, 2020, 02:30:20 PM »
Several people have brought up cultural difference in handling remains, but I think some of it is practical.

We live in an apartment in a big city, and have kept the ashes of our pets. If we owned our place and/or had a yard, we would probably have buried them instead. Then we could go visit the site easily. But it felt sad to have them scattered in a different state or disposed of as medical waste. It's comforting to look over on the shelf and see their urns and their paw prints in ceramic. It's an area by a window with a memorial plant and it feels very light and sunny. I enjoy having them around, even if they're only with us in memory now.

As for decluttering, I did a quick sweep yesterday and got rid of 4 books and a few items of clothing that have worn out. Now I have a full grocery bag to take to goodwill. At least two of the clothing pieces will be replaced because I love them and they were worn out for a reason, but it feels good to be at a point where I only have clothes like that.

Cassie

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3378 on: January 26, 2020, 03:59:34 PM »
Middo, when either I or my husband die the dog’s ashes will be put in our urn and then interred with us.   We didn’t bury them because we move too often and want them with us. Technically they are in little cedar boxes.

AnnaGrowsAMustache

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3379 on: January 26, 2020, 08:22:52 PM »
When my cat goes, his ashes will be in a wee earthenware pot I found at a thrift store. There's a matching large one, so that will be my urn. Then I'll get us interred together.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3380 on: January 26, 2020, 08:31:11 PM »
Well who'd have guessed this thread would have given me so many ideas for ashes! I'm thinking of updating my will to include my dog's ashes being put with mine. But then what? Maybe we can be scattered at the dog park, lol.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3381 on: January 28, 2020, 09:53:40 AM »
And here I am thinking that there's an awful lot of people who have some very strange customs. But I'm sure many of you would find mine equally strange, so to each their own. My family, and now I, do not bury our deceased pets. We take them to the vet, who has the body cremated and we do not get ashes back.

On topic - it is surprisingly difficult to find used furniture when you want it. I want a twin size bed, a desk, and a small dresser/bedside table. Pickings are slim in my area currently. Must be due to winter.

savedandsaving

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #3382 on: January 28, 2020, 11:03:43 AM »
Breaking the current ashes discussion for a sec to announce proudly that we finally got rid of the two identical ancient tan loveseats cluttering up our entire guest room! I even got $30 for one of them. (What's funny is that they were unwanted hand-me-downs that had traveled from DH's parents to all of his siblings and their spouses at one time or another. When he announced proudly on the family group chat that they were gone and I had actually made money off one of them, everyone was genuinely shocked and impressed. Hooray for Facebook Marketplace!)

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #3383 on: January 28, 2020, 12:09:46 PM »
Was looking for some old paper work - and kept finding really old papers that can be tossed such as my EI stubbs from my first mat leave or my 2003 employee onboarding manual....or best yet - some blood work requisitions from 1996. 

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3384 on: January 28, 2020, 12:28:20 PM »
Two small victories - first we took a game that has moved house 4 times in the last 8 years without ever being played to a family reunion, actually played it and successfully gave it away to a sibling whose family is the right age/interests to play it. Yay! (qwirkle)
Secondly, we went for a walk last night, saw a rather nice old school desk out on the kerb for claiming, checked it out as a replacement sewing table/mini rehab project and decided not to take it.
So that's one thing out and one thing not brought in to the house.

NotJen

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3385 on: January 28, 2020, 12:53:24 PM »
Got another textbook out of the house, and potentially will make $30 once the reseller checks it out.  It's in perfect condition - clear that I got nothing out of that class!

I listed several old Apple products on eBay last week.  It was super freeing to get rid of the computer - I only fired it up a couple of times a year because it had one application that I needed to do a thing for work (it was not related to my job, but support I provided to my small company for free).  Now that I quit that job, I can get rid of the computer!  I listed 2 old iPhones - one sold immediately and the other is not getting as many views as I expected.

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3386 on: January 30, 2020, 03:11:00 PM »
Two lamps and a large piece of artwork we no longer care for donated today.

better late

• Bristles
« Reply #3387 on: January 30, 2020, 08:49:39 PM »
Donated some household goods and recycled an old threadbare comforter.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3388 on: January 31, 2020, 10:51:52 AM »
Two heat mats I have been storing  for ages don't actually work.  Bye bye

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3389 on: February 01, 2020, 08:58:30 AM »
One big heavy hardcover book donated to the senior center.

Goldielocks

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3390 on: February 01, 2020, 06:53:38 PM »
I finally did it.

I FIRED in spring 2017.   Today I finally got rid of the last of my work / office clothes.
These are the "nice" ones that survived a large purge 1 a year ago, moving to the "what if" pile.

I got rid of my nice (very expensive) "interview" suit.  I was holding onto to it "just in case" I needed to find a job.

I got rid of all button ups that were not appropriate for dinner with friends.   I got rid of the expensive heeled knee high boots that cost be $250 that I could not run in.  I got rid of the only pair of dressy warm boots for winter / snow that still worked with business attire (but please ignore the square toes).  I no longer own any white blouses.   I no longer own "nice" chinos for business casual fridays. I got rid of my only cocktail dress that could be used for business related charity events.  WHEE!

Still need to trim the "semi casual" blazer and cardigan horde, but that is a different mountain to climb as I still wear them, love them, but only 1x a week now so I don't need 6 cardi's and 8 blazers, right...?.

Whew. 

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3391 on: February 01, 2020, 08:14:23 PM »
@Goldielocks wheeeee! that is *splendid* No! More! White! Shirts!
And if you regularly wear and love all the cardigans/blazers, keep them and reassess in another 6 months.

ItsALongStory

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3392 on: February 01, 2020, 11:35:23 PM »
Bought a new pair of gym shoes on Friday but also got rid of 3 other pairs in the process so a net win. And also purged several pairs of shorts and wife has given through her Christmas decorations and is able to part with most of it.

This has been a point of contention for a while as my wife had 20 plastic tubs full of Christmas decorations. That seems to go down to 4-5.

okisok

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #3393 on: February 01, 2020, 11:58:02 PM »
A small thing, but I used some of stationery hoard by writing letters, and some art supplies for small projects that will go out of the house.

middo

• Handlebar Stache
  • Learning.
« Reply #3394 on: February 02, 2020, 03:30:02 AM »
I convinced my daughter to clear up her stuff before she heads off to uni.  We took a large bag of unworn clothes to the recycle place, and the recycle bin is full of paperwork she no longer needs.  There will be more to do, but she is on board with this.

My wife also spent a few hours cleaning up her emails.  Thousands were deleted, a few folders created, and now she can find stuff. She is determined to unsubscribe from lots of different sites so it stays manageable.

slackmax

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3395 on: February 02, 2020, 12:37:26 PM »
Used the 'spend 10 minutes in one room, finding, or at least looking for, disposable clutter' method.

I was in the guest bedroom. I thought I had already gone through the stuff here, but I found some huge plastic tubs I had not apparently opened. Cleaned the dust off first, then pried one open. Eureka! Full of clean used slacks from the girl friend. The size was pretty big so they would be a hard sell at the rummage sale. Also a few big plastic bags of slacks.

All told, I took off three big plastic bags of slacks to the Salvation Army this morning.

I have so many different parts of the house full of clutter, I have to force myself to pick one place, and just 'be there' amidst it all, no escape, just do something, no procrastinating, even if if all you do is identify what's there. I actually look at the clock before starting.

Feeling good about getting rid of the three big bags!      Taking a break now, lol.

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3396 on: February 02, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
Some more papers hit the shredder.
More linens in the rag pile.
Some of the rags that were lacy - in the garbage.

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #3397 on: February 03, 2020, 12:35:58 PM »
Task cleanup/supplies used:
Got some work done in the utility room, which means got the 2 doors out of the bedroom, put the knobs on them, then managed to get the tools and laundry supplies into the cabinets. So, that's stuff from the bedroom and hall closet been cleaned out, which greatly improves the appearance and functionality of those spaces. Also got 3 of the 5 cabinet end panels installed. I will need to figure out organization in the cabinets, but for right now this is a huge win.

Stuff going away:
A work top that I just don't like in the box.
4 boxes that had been storing all the stuff that got put in the utility room are broken down and in the recycling.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3398 on: February 03, 2020, 04:38:58 PM »
Dropped off a box at the thrift store this afternoon.  The stuff had been marked 'gone' in my brain for a while, but now it is actually physically gone as well.

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3399 on: February 03, 2020, 04:59:58 PM »
A few more boxes to donation today, plus a huge canvas painting DS had done as a student.  He didn't want it, so either someone will like it as is, or paint over it. 

Wow, a phone plan for fifteen bucks!