Author Topic: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2  (Read 1249457 times)

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
Re: Continued: Getting rid of stuff / Clearing out clutter! PART 2
« Reply #1450 on: October 23, 2018, 09:17:26 PM »
-Put a pair of way too big oven mitts in the donation pile. (They are newish, and came in a set).
-However, while I was out at the donation pile (it's inside of our garage), I discovered that DH had put in a hoodie that was too small for him. Back into the house it went, for me. It will save me money, as I was planning on buying something for around the house, or re-purposing something out of my work wear that's not in as good of shape. I don't think I've ever removed anything from the donation pile before!

MrsTuxedocat

• Bristles
« Reply #1451 on: October 23, 2018, 10:27:18 PM »
Sooo  based on your suggestions, I went to the gold/silver buyers store and took in my old jewellery. I earned $61 from the useless stuff.

I think I will be wearing more jewellery now, that my box isn't full of clutter.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1452 on: October 24, 2018, 01:38:12 AM »
-Put a pair of way too big oven mitts in the donation pile. (They are newish, and came in a set).

Why is it so difficult to find a pair of fitting ones? I have also once managed to buy very large ones. Now at home, we have that large pair in use for DH and a smaller, but still large pair for me.
In the past we had smaller gloves that fitted both of us, but what happened to those?

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #1453 on: October 24, 2018, 05:38:38 AM »
You guys are so inspiring.  I am gearing up for another round a de-cluttering.  A pile is forming in the garage.  Another is forming in the basement.  A garbage bag is filling in the front closet.  It is noticeably easier to clean the house already but I keep on seeing stuff that is just collecting dust and after it makes it way to the pile it feels so much better.

Linea_Norway

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1454 on: October 24, 2018, 06:38:39 AM »
When going to the communal garbage place for throwing away rooting wood, I put our bread toaster and a citrus press on the shelf for recycling, where other people can pick it up.
These are 2 items that I seldom or never use.

Car Jack

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1455 on: October 24, 2018, 07:05:43 AM »
Most of our grocery stores have sharps disposals in the bathrooms...  I mean, it would take awhile to get rid of them all...but it's an option.

Or could you put them all, well wrapped in a plastic container and just put them in the trash?

I'm going to ask at the vets what type of needles they use. From memory they are quite different but I can ask. I have the insulin type (which they might use) but also ones that are just a needle tip that screws on a pen dispenser. I have hundreds of those because they give you about 9 with each vial but I only ever used three as I was doing a massive dose!
The answer for those is probably the bin, safely enclosed in a box. No-one actually handles the garbage anyway, it's all automated.

Do a google search on "selling pen needles".  Both my son and I are diabetic and use both normal needles and pen needles.  Going through our supplies, we're overloaded a bit so in searching, I found companies who will pay for pen needles since they are sealed.  Also, just for information, lancets, and test strips are easily sold to companies who will resell them.   Regular syringe needles depend on the state on whether you can sell them or not and I've found no company who will buy them.  But you can donate them and an animal shelter would be perfect.  There's no special type of needle for animals.  The different type of needle needed more depends on the amount of the injection the syringe can hold.  Shelters aren't going to be picky about this.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #1456 on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:10 PM »
@Linda_Norway - I prefer the kind without fingers (you just slide your entire hand in). Any time you get the kind for fingers, I find that they are way too large

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
  • On a forum break :)
« Reply #1457 on: October 24, 2018, 02:05:50 PM »
*Raincoat - That was a toughie. After moving to a sopping climate, I needed a raincoat, but just wanted something simple and easy. I received one in a white elephant Christmas and just loved it! Red, hooded, zip, pockets... I felt so happy in it :)    Alas, the last two outings it has sliced itself long and wide. I thought I might store it as a souvenir, but I don't want to, so off it went.

*Car contents - We keep things in there for long outings (three bottles of water, two games, thick blanket, gym shoes, etc). Went through EVERYTHING, reorganized, took a big bagful out for recycling, thrift, summer storage, and garbage.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1458 on: October 24, 2018, 02:45:02 PM »
Five more books out of the house and I am making a new clothing pile for donation.

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
  • Insert dough/bread/crust joke
« Reply #1459 on: October 24, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »
Thanks @Car Jack , I looked it up and I have about $20 worth so took them back out of the bin and am trying to give them away. I've asked at the animal shelter too what they use for their diabetic dogs.

JanetJackson

• Pencil Stache
    • How I actually made $50 just for taking a survey and being in the healthcare marketplace
« Reply #1460 on: October 24, 2018, 04:33:07 PM »
I'm a minimalist at heart and excited to join this thread.
I've moved more times than I can count, so I've always kept my possessions down to two carloads at most, BUT I'm planning to buy a house in late 2019/early 2020 so I want to pare it down as much as I can, and get rid of things with bad energy (yep, that sounds woo woo when I type it out) or poor function.
I've already started this process prior to digging into this thread, so I'll start with planning.

To Do:
Update Capsule Wardrobe excel spreadsheet
Make Household item list spreadsheet (yes, I seriously want to do this)

Sell:
DONE Leaf Blower (must clean up first)
DONE Espresso machine
Bean Grinder (maybe just give away)

Clean out/Give Away:
DONE Crafting/soap making items
DONE Sort bins under bed
DONE Make donation trip to local nonprofit thrift shop when I get two more bags or boxes (NOT Goodwill)

Yay!  Glad to join in!

A few things DONE from my list, a few remaining, but good progress!  The donation to the local thrift ended being huge- I was so happy.

Left to do:
Give away or sell Coffee bean grinder (uh, where did I put it?)
Update Capsule Wardrobe list (tonight?)
Make Household Item list (this seems like too big a job, I'm clearly avoiding it... I think I need to chop it up into several tasks...)

Shinplaster

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1461 on: October 24, 2018, 06:37:49 PM »
Packed up a beautiful wool winter coat that I will likely never fit into again.  Winter is coming, and someone is going to be happy to find this at our local Goodwill.   Added a trenchcoat that Mr. SP will never get back into either, and some books.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1462 on: October 24, 2018, 11:23:48 PM »
Winter is coming, and someone is going to be happy to find this at our local Goodwill.

Nice :))))

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1463 on: October 25, 2018, 12:08:14 PM »
*Processed another set of warranty paperwork. Able to look its reference number up online and see if it was still in effect. It's not; bye bye!

*In the latest round of decluttering, found several items that will serve as excellent gifts for white elephant Christmas. For example, when I bought an essential oil I loved, I received a teeny bottle of a different one. Not my style, but a perfect fit for someone I'll be sharing Festivus with. Now have a lovely selection of similarly wonderful items ready.

Mongoose

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1464 on: October 25, 2018, 12:31:17 PM »
House is a mess. We rearranged furniture and then got pulled away to life so the final cleanup isn't finished. This weekend we need to clean it up and get the yard ready for winter! We have two actual days off from other duties!

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1465 on: October 25, 2018, 01:38:17 PM »
Our cat passed away recently. I took an unused bag of litter over to some friends of ours this morning (they have two cats and use the same type of litter). Our other perishable cat items -- food, her meds, treats -- will go to the shelter, hopefully this weekend. We'll still have her collar and toys (can't give those up yet) and her bowls and litterbox (which should be useful for future cats).

Sibley

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1466 on: October 25, 2018, 01:41:56 PM »
Our cat passed away recently. I took an unused bag of litter over to some friends of ours this morning (they have two cats and use the same type of litter). Our other perishable cat items -- food, her meds, treats -- will go to the shelter, hopefully this weekend. We'll still have her collar and toys (can't give those up yet) and her bowls and litterbox (which should be useful for future cats).

I'm so sorry you lost your kitty friend.

mm1970

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1467 on: October 25, 2018, 01:58:14 PM »
I'm not sure my husband noticed yet.  He's been traveling a lot and only returned last night. 
He does not get rid of papers.  I discovered this 15 years ago, he had piles of paper for doing the bills - but junk mail in there too.  So I took over and recycle junk mail immediately.

But with 2 kids in school...oh the paper.  One night this week while he was traveling, I went through the 4 piles.  I filed the medical papers.  I have no idea if we have a medical folder.  I made a new one.  I filed the school business papers.  Already had a folder for that.  I recycled all the 1st grade school papers.  And I went through the enclosed "art" bench and recycled anything that was half done.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1468 on: October 25, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »

I'm so sorry you lost your kitty friend.

She had a good run of it, and was well loved for many, many years. It just plain sucks to lose her, but I'm grateful for all the time I got have with her, and grateful that when her time came it was quick.

And I'm so glad that I can take her leftover things to friends and to a shelter where they can benefit other cats. It helps to know that her food and treats and medicines will help others.

RetiredAt63

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #1469 on: October 26, 2018, 07:19:41 AM »

And I'm so glad that I can take her leftover things to friends and to a shelter where they can benefit other cats. It helps to know that her food and treats and medicines will help others.

I donated all Missy's things to a dog rescue group.  It was good to know that her things wold help other dogs.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1470 on: October 26, 2018, 07:51:40 AM »

I donated all Missy's things to a dog rescue group.  It was good to know that her things wold help other dogs.

Same. We had just bought a ton of meds and rx food when our dog took a sudden turn for the worse. We probably could have returned some of it, but it felt healing to help pets who wouldn't have gotten the treatment otherwise. Especially since Old Miss Dog was old, but a lot of pets that get her condition are often young.

My decluttering A- paid off and B- is taking a slightly strange turn. Our very first showing turned into a really strong offer on the house... and they want to buy a bunch of our stuff! Couch/TV/entertainment center/Stereo-Amp/Home gym/W+D/Fridge/two bedside tables. I love that couch... but honestly, they're offering a price on it all that would be insane NOT to take, especially since a bunch of that stuff was gonna get downsized anyway! Moving will be a lot easier I guess, haha!

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1471 on: October 26, 2018, 07:53:49 AM »
Wow, Bracken_Joy, awesome!!

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1472 on: October 26, 2018, 07:57:31 AM »
Apparently I was right to obsessively clean, tidy, minimize EVERY spot in my home I could think of. Their showing lasted two hours, and they looked through the whole kitchen! Our agent is also their agent, so I got the deets, haha. (Also probably how it happened so quick- he's had this client for a long time and they've never made an offer. I think he knew our house was exactly what they wanted. Apparently, he was right!)

Bateaux

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1473 on: October 26, 2018, 09:29:41 AM »
A friend is selling some really great stuff for 100.  Worth well over 1000 new.  Problem is I have enough stuff.  But dang what a deal.

joonifloofeefloo

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1474 on: October 26, 2018, 10:24:27 AM »
Clutter is never a deal ;)

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1475 on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:35 AM »
Apparently I was right to obsessively clean, tidy, minimize EVERY spot in my home I could think of. Their showing lasted two hours, and they looked through the whole kitchen! Our agent is also their agent, so I got the deets, haha. (Also probably how it happened so quick- he's had this client for a long time and they've never made an offer. I think he knew our house was exactly what they wanted. Apparently, he was right!)

Congrats!  Great to see all your work pay off like that.

oneday

• CMTO 2023 Attendees
  • Walrus Stache
  • only good pies and no bad pies -mspym
« Reply #1476 on: October 26, 2018, 01:52:48 PM »

Congrats!  Great to see all your work pay off like that.

+1

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1477 on: October 26, 2018, 02:41:32 PM »
Well done Bracken Joy! What a result.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1478 on: October 26, 2018, 03:49:31 PM »
Went through my kitchen cabinets this afternoon.  Tossed a few things that were badly out of date or things we'll never use, set aside a few bags of sunflower seeds for DH to take to work for snacks, and pulled out a spice packet I forgot I had so we can use it this week.  Not a ton of decluttering, but it felt so good to wipe down the shelves and put everything back neatly!

marty998

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1479 on: October 26, 2018, 06:25:36 PM »
I don't normally participate here but I thought I'd share I just threw out four large garbage bags of tops, jumpers, pyjamas, singlets, shirts and jerseys. Over 50 items of clothing that I've barely seen in years.

Oh and there was one pair of socks in there too.

Good win for today.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #1480 on: October 27, 2018, 01:07:38 PM »
Awesome news @Bracken_Joy.

I went through my closet & got rid of 2 scarves, 2 sweaters, a tshirt, & a skirt. I need to be realistic about what I actually wear, and what fits me.

I also recycled a luxury style magazine (no idea where it came from but "gag"), & a rope that I found in the kids room. Again, where do these things come from?

mustachepungoeshere

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1481 on: October 27, 2018, 09:48:38 PM »
I don't normally participate here but I thought I'd share I just threw out four large garbage bags of tops, jumpers, pyjamas, singlets, shirts and jerseys. Over 50 items of clothing that I've barely seen in years.

Oh and there was one pair of socks in there too.

Good win for today.

Huge win. Well done!

You motivated me to throw a few more things in the Vinnies bag.

And we need some food storage options at work so I'm taking in some jars and plastic containers I'm more than happy to part with.

Nancy

« Reply #1482 on: October 28, 2018, 07:32:36 AM »
@Serendip Thanks for the idea about composting old seeds! I feel foolish that I hadn't thought of it before.

I brought the big bag of stuff to donate, which felt great. Then I immediately started a new one. We also put out our two trash-picked chairs and they were picked up by someone new. Hooray! The recycling cycle continues.

Update: I posted my wetsuit for sale. I'm inordinately proud of myself. Sure, it probably won't sell because it isn't the right season, but I did the thing that I had been putting off, and it was easy!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:13:40 AM by Nancy »

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #1483 on: October 28, 2018, 02:29:04 PM »
Gave away a big staff of baseball cards & two more jackets. Found a jacket that had been hung in the wrong closet, & put it in its rightful location, so hopefully someone will find it/wear it.

Bracken_Joy

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1484 on: October 28, 2018, 02:39:34 PM »
We went with the buyer who wants to buy all our stuff haha. So we'll replace a few items, but not all of them, and see if we want to add them back in one by one. (Ie, we'll replace our TV, but not our sound system for example.)

Fresh Bread

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1485 on: October 28, 2018, 04:51:42 PM »
I'd love for someone to take all my stuff and let me start again! I think hubby would have a hard time though.

He's away for a week and I am making such great strides. It's not just about the decisions to get rid of stuff (it takes so much time when you need to explain or debate everything that's not even his) but also having everything stay tidy and uncluttered once I've done an area. And once a room has stayed tidy and uncluttered for a day then I'm much likely to clean or I can see how to rearrange things to look good.

I should have taken some 'before' photos!

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1486 on: October 28, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »
We went with the buyer who wants to buy all our stuff haha. So we'll replace a few items, but not all of them, and see if we want to add them back in one by one.
That is the dream. So pleased for you

Frugal Lizard

• Walrus Stache
  • One foot in front of the other....
« Reply #1487 on: October 29, 2018, 06:23:19 AM »
I worked in the garage for a couple of hours.  While nothing has left the property the pile is sorted into zones for drop off locations in a consolidated area.  All the items that need repairs are in another place.   Some stuff left the basement.   A lot of garbage made it into the bins.  So much space.

Nancy

« Reply #1488 on: October 29, 2018, 07:36:23 AM »
Congrats, @Bracken_Joy !

I emptied out my older backpack and put it in the donate bag. I had been holding onto it for sentimental reasons (I'd used it for 11 years) and because I had some fuzzy notion that I would use my old backpack for occasions when I didn't want to get my new bag dirty....what!? My new bag carries loads much more comfortably and is better organized. The old bag, which is in pretty good shape, is off to find its new home. (If you're wondering why I got the new bag in the first place, it's because it's a higher capacity traveling backpack that I use for trekking, vacations, work, and everyday.)

I also got rid of a pair of what if shoes, whose what if scenarios have never occurred, and I cleared off the entrance table.

I noticed that I have a tendency to keep items out if I want or need to do something with them, but then I don't do those things. Then every time I see the item, I think about how I have to do that thing, but continue on not doing it. What a silly drain on my mental energy! Maybe I'll create a closet box for all my to dos, and periodically, I can go through it.

JanetJackson

• Pencil Stache
    • How I actually made $50 just for taking a survey and being in the healthcare marketplace
« Reply #1489 on: October 29, 2018, 09:09:04 AM »
I started my 'List of Everything I Own' this weekend and while I have a long way to go to get everything listed, it's already helping!!

As I went through the list (just mentally, I didn't get up and dig through just yet- I'm doing memory first, then dig through and add to list) I jumped up out of my desk chair several times to get said item from said area and move it to my 'Donate' box. 
Something about listing everything and seeing it written out in front of me is helping so much.  Plus I get to do a strike-through on the list when I get rid of things, and that's VERY satisfying.  LOL.

Gone:
Coffee Grinder
Glass Cookware (I used for soap making)
Extra mobility balls (How many do I need....)
Duplicate mobility bands
Box of brand new high quality casters (I was saving for an imaginary project)
Roll of 5" elastic
Saucepan I never use

..and a few other things I can't remember just now.

YAY!

SunnyDays

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1490 on: October 29, 2018, 11:47:14 AM »
I started my 'List of Everything I Own' this weekend and while I have a long way to go to get everything listed, it's already helping!!

As I went through the list (just mentally, I didn't get up and dig through just yet- I'm doing memory first, then dig through and add to list) I jumped up out of my desk chair several times to get said item from said area and move it to my 'Donate' box. 
Something about listing everything and seeing it written out in front of me is helping so much.  Plus I get to do a strike-through on the list when I get rid of things, and that's VERY satisfying.  LOL.

Gone:
Coffee Grinder
Duplicate mobility bands
Roll of 5" elastic
Saucepan I never use

YAY!

I did this many years ago when I had a lot less stuff.  I found that it made me get rid of things, because I couldn't be bothered to write some things down, so I figured I didn't want it all that badly!  Might be time to do this again.  I use all kinds of strategies for decluttering and they all have their uses.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1491 on: October 29, 2018, 11:58:03 AM »

Gone:
Coffee Grinder
Duplicate mobility bands
Roll of 5" elastic
Saucepan I never use

YAY!

I did this many years ago when I had a lot less stuff.  I found that it made me get rid of things, because I couldn't be bothered to write some things down, so I figured I didn't want it all that badly!  Might be time to do this again.  I use all kinds of strategies for decluttering and they all have their uses.

I'm curious to try this, but it also kinda terrifies me a little. When you do this, how much detail do you use? ("Jar of pens" or "jar of pens, 10 black, 5 blue"? Or just "box of office supplies (pens, paper, etc)"?) And how many items do you end up with?

shadowmoss

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #1492 on: October 29, 2018, 12:00:53 PM »
Your inventory, your rules.  From attempting this a few times ( note word attempting) I'm guessing you will find the level of detail that makes sense.  Also, you can start with groups, then go into more detail later.

JanetJackson

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1493 on: October 29, 2018, 12:43:05 PM »

I'm curious to try this, but it also kinda terrifies me a little. When you do this, how much detail do you use? ("Jar of pens" or "jar of pens, 10 black, 5 blue"? Or just "box of office supplies (pens, paper, etc)"?) And how many items do you end up with?

I think it'll be different for everyone. 
For me, so far (this could change) if it's something I have more than 10 of, I'll write something like "15-20 pens" etc.  This helped a lot because as I was typing some of this stuff out I was even able to go "do I REALLY need 12 three-ring binders?" and then I could get them out, take a look, and then just save the best few of the bunch.

I'm not going to get into painful detail, but just enough to help me REALLY realize what I have and think about each thing/category at least for a moment.

It's been great so far!  I highly recommend this.

I'm doing room-by-room/purpose such as "office items", "kitchen", "bathroom", "exercise stuff", Closet 1, Closet 2, etc. 

It'll probably be a messy list until I work on it for a while and condense, etc.

diapasoun

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1494 on: October 29, 2018, 01:02:24 PM »
I do periodically inventory my books, which has helped me with that particular problem (books have been a gazingus pin for me in the past). And just listening to you guys talk about it this little bit, I suspect it'll help with a few other clutter areas (e.g. stationery -- I have stuff I love that I bought for myself, and stuff that people have given me that I don't particularly love).

I can doooooo this.

mspym

• Walrus Stache
« Reply #1495 on: October 29, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »
For a while I inventoried my books on Librarything but that's now so out of date, with the multiple sheddings that I would need to delete and re-load all my contents. A friend came over on the weekend for help making her Halloween party costume and I gave her a top that  I loved the colour of and then realised I needed to be ~6" taller to pull off, luckily she *is* that much taller and it's just right  for her. And I don't have to trek back to Uniqlo to return it. That place is a madhouse.

We returned 1 fork & 4 lunch containers to The Other House only to immediately find another container and 3 more forks.

Debts_of_Despair

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1496 on: October 29, 2018, 06:04:46 PM »
Old broken iPod touch sent back to Apple for recycling.  They will give you a free shipping label for returning such items.

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #1497 on: October 29, 2018, 09:18:28 PM »
Got rid of a sweater & a shirt today. Sweater is too short & shirt is too tight. it's my goal to consolidate my closet to 3/4 of its current size. Each day, as I look to pick something to wear, I force myself to consider wearing a few things that are in my closet & haven't been worn in the last 9-12 months. If the answer is still no, and the item is seasonally appropriate enough to be logically considered, into the bin it goes.

Roadrunner53

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #1498 on: October 30, 2018, 05:49:31 AM »
Okay, I need a kick in the ass.

Problem 1: I emptied two very large containers that were on my countertop filled with utensils. One is a crock type container and the other is a square acrylic, clear container. Both are really nice and I am having issues getting rid of them but I have no use for them!

Problem 2: I bought a spicy shelf to organize my spices and emptied out about 20 small clear bottles. They all have sticky labels on them. I don't want to donate them without washing them but if I do donate them, the labels are going to require a lot of work to remove them. I am thinking about tossing them all out.

Problem 3: I have a friend who sends me flowers and they always come with a nice vase. Now I have about 6 vases and getting overwhelmed with all of them. They are all so nice but I just have too many!

JanetJackson

• Pencil Stache
« Reply #1499 on: October 30, 2018, 06:18:52 AM »
Okay, I need a kick in the ass.
OK, I'll try!

Problem 1: I emptied two very large containers that were on my countertop filled with utensils. One is a crock type container and the other is a square acrylic, clear container. Both are really nice and I am having issues getting rid of them but I have no use for them!
> If you have no use for them, put them into your car to donate.  If they sit in your car for a few days, you might forget about them and be more OK donating them.  It's step one of three donating steps after you declutter/minimalize: put in car, drive to place, donate to place :)  If you end up not wanting to donate them, that's ok, but just take that first step.
Also, when I was younger, I really really relied on thrift stores to have a nice home.  You'll be helping someone out by donating them.

Problem 2: I bought a spicy shelf to organize my spices and emptied out about 20 small clear bottles. They all have sticky labels on them. I don't want to donate them without washing them but if I do donate them, the labels are going to require a lot of work to remove them. I am thinking about tossing them all out.
> Donate them AS-IS or recycle them.  Don't let them sit in your house for another day.  Into the car to donate or into the recycling bin they go!  If you can't put them in your car right now, put them in a box outside of your house.  Out.

Problem 3: I have a friend who sends me flowers and they always come with a nice vase. Now I have about 6 vases and getting overwhelmed with all of them. They are all so nice but I just have too many!
> That's so very kind of your friend and certainly something you want to remember.  Pick one that you like the most, donate the rest.  When she sends new flowers either move them into that favorite vase and recycle the one they arrive in, or if you like the new one more, keep that until the next ones come.  No more than one back up vase seems necessary to cherish this thoughtful act.  Again, someone will really love finding those at the thrift store, and if you end up recycling them, that's great too- they'll become something else!  How cool.  They'll get to live their lives in some other manner and spread that good energy throughout the world.  Only one back up vase- get the rest out.

Good luck!