Author Topic: Class of 2015  (Read 92927 times)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
Re: Class of 2015
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »
Congrats, buddy!  MIL going to stay and watch the house?

Yes! MIL moved in but she will watch the house and pets while we are gone, even paying $300/mo rent. We were thinking we couldn't travel until the pets died (cat is stubbornly healthy too), but it worked out.

Well that works out nicely, and means you don't have to spend as much time cooped up with her.  Win-win.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #201 on: June 24, 2015, 08:50:56 PM »
Six. More. Work. Days.

It is gettin' real up in here!

AlwaysBeenASaver

• Bristles
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »
Six. More. Work. Days.

Awesome!!

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #203 on: June 24, 2015, 09:07:27 PM »
Six. More. Work. Days.

:)

I'm right there with ya.   

Frankies Girl

• Magnum Stache
  • Ghouls Just Wanna Have Funds!
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2015, 04:36:43 AM »
Congrats lhamo!!!

And you're almost there G-Dog & Spork!! A week-ish and then FREEDOM! :D

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2015, 07:51:53 AM »
One teeny life lesson I learned:  If you're quitting on a holiday, state your last day as the first day back from the holiday so you get paid for it.

My boss asked me if I wanted to recant and resubmit my notice -- but they'd already done a crapload of paperwork and it just seemed silly to rework it after the fact.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2015, 03:57:40 PM »
One teeny life lesson I learned:  If you're quitting on a holiday, state your last day as the first day back from the holiday so you get paid for it.

My boss asked me if I wanted to recant and resubmit my notice -- but they'd already done a crapload of paperwork and it just seemed silly to rework it after the fact.

Eh, one day of pay - not significant.
Somehow coming back on Monday 7/6/15 was more torture than getting another day's pay.

The Pigeon

• Stubble
  • Now *I* drive the bus! *FIREd*!
« Reply #207 on: June 29, 2015, 10:18:46 AM »
Six. More. Work. Days.

Looks like the champagne pops for G-Dog and Spork this week!
Hang in there, friends, the starting gate will swing wide, and you'll be OFF!

How're things for my FIRE-time co-graduates AlwaysBeenASaver, Arebelspy and and lhamo?

-The Pigeon, enjoying my fourth Monday-is-Saturday (wow, fourth week already!)

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #208 on: June 29, 2015, 10:48:50 AM »
Six. More. Work. Days.

Looks like the champagne pops for G-Dog and Spork this week!
Hang in there, friends, the starting gate will swing wide, and you'll be OFF!

How're things for my FIRE-time co-graduates AlwaysBeenASaver, Arebelspy and and lhamo?

-The Pigeon, enjoying my fourth Monday-is-Saturday (wow, fourth week already!)

Good.  So much to do, so little time.  :)
I am a former teacher who accumulated a bunch of real estate, retired at 29, spent some time traveling the world full time and am now settled with three kids.
If you want to know more about me, this Business Insider profile tells the story pretty well.
I (rarely) blog at AdventuringAlong.com. Check out the Now page to see what I'm up to currently.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #209 on: June 29, 2015, 06:31:18 PM »
GO G-DOG AND SPORK!!!!

I think we may need to have some kind of virtual 4th of July pool party on this thread to celebrate how many of us will be newly FIREd (or semi-FIREd) at that point. 

I'll bring the virtual guacamole, because all I can keep thinking is HOLY GUACAMOLE I AM FREE TO DO WHATEVER I WANT!!!!

With virtual FIREworks! Or is it FIREnotworks?

AlwaysBeenASaver

• Bristles
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2015, 08:40:39 AM »

Going well, but busy! I'm enjoying having time to work on projects, see friends, and wander through local farmer's markets, without feeling rushed in everything I do. What I hadn't anticipated is I don't have as much online time as I used to. I used to do a lot of my online stuff at work, during lunch break and other downtime. I decided to take this morning to do some online catchup :-)

I find this interesting: I didn't tell most people I retired, I told them I'm taking the summer off, then after summer deciding what's next. But I ran into a neighbor the other day and he said "(other neighbor) told me you retired!" And my sister said "I hope you decide not to go back to work so you can visit more often." And some of my friends are assuming I'm done working for good. I guess this will make it easier to explain after summer when I'm still not working.

AlexK

• Bristles
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2015, 09:41:02 PM »
Officially unemployed! Probably won't feel any different until Monday morning. The wife and I are working on cleaning and packing the camper before the epic trip.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »
Congrats!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2015, 05:27:00 AM »
Officially unemployed! Probably won't feel any different until Monday morning. The wife and I are working on cleaning and packing the camper before the epic trip.

Congratulations - have a great epic trip.

AlwaysBeenASaver

• Bristles
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2015, 10:28:45 AM »
Congrats, you made it!

earlyFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2015, 06:12:49 PM »
I give notice on Wed, in 3 days. I thought I would be nervous, thankfully I am not. I came home today from a vacation and thought my AC was broken, that made me a little nervous, had to do some self talk..you have the money,...it is fine. But the AC seems to be blowing cold air now. :)

I have been working for this for so long it seems surreal. It hasn't hit me that in few weeks I won't have to go back to w*rk anymore.

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2015, 08:25:46 PM »
I give notice on Wed, in 3 days. I thought I would be nervous, thankfully I am not. I came home today from a vacation and thought my AC was broken, that made me a little nervous, had to do some self talk..you have the money,...it is fine. But the AC seems to be blowing cold air now. :)

I have been working for this for so long it seems surreal. It hasn't hit me that in few weeks I won't have to go back to w*rk anymore.

So what is your last day?  Congratulations!

I am only 3 weeks in to this Brave New World - still settling in. Np but I haven't missed work once!

earlyFI

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #217 on: July 26, 2015, 08:54:05 PM »

I am only 3 weeks in to this Brave New World - still settling in. Np but I haven't missed work once!

Thank G-Dog!

My official last day is Aug 14, but I will take off for a 2 week vacation on Aug 12th. I am giving them 8 weeks notice before the next big project, but I only have to stick around for 2 weeks after I give notice as I will be done with all my current projects.

Congrats on your retirement!  I don't think I will miss work either. I have actually made a list of all the things I won't miss :) would love to hear how you are doing, what you are doing? How did your transition go, etc?

benjenn

• Bristles
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2015, 07:15:35 AM »
We did it!  DH and I actually left work a day earlier than expected and arrived at our beach home last Thursday night.  :)  Woo-hoo!

AlwaysBeenASaver

• Bristles
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2015, 09:38:41 AM »
We did it!  DH and I actually left work a day earlier than expected and arrived at our beach home last Thursday night.  :)  Woo-hoo!

Congrats!!

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #220 on: August 12, 2015, 03:09:11 AM »

I already feel nervous and my RE date is December 18.  There are aspects of my job that I just love: the kids and the actual teaching in my subject area.  I will miss that.  The political BS is stressing me out even though I am on vacation right now.  And that political bullshit is slowly killing me.  Even though I've been a union rep for almost my entire career, I no longer trust our local president.  I am fed up with politicians who demonize teachers in order to win favour with voters and create educational policies that are contrary to what I think is the direction public education should take.  I do like my boss who is a really good guy.  If he were a dick, I would feel less nervous about quitting.  I am a little worried that he will take it personally.  And I will miss the kids. 

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #221 on: August 12, 2015, 06:50:15 AM »

Thank G-Dog!

My official last day is Aug 14, but I will take off for a 2 week vacation on Aug 12th. I am giving them 8 weeks notice before the next big project, but I only have to stick around for 2 weeks after I give notice as I will be done with all my current projects.

Congrats on your retirement!  I don't think I will miss work either. I have actually made a list of all the things I won't miss :) would love to hear how you are doing, what you are doing? How did your transition go, etc?

Oh oh! That is THIS WEEK!  Today is your last work day, woohoo!
It has been 5 weeks for me, I have not missed work once. This will be so great!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #222 on: September 12, 2015, 02:17:00 PM »
Well, since I started this thread and we are well into the year, I thought I'd give an update.

I really don't know if I will be FIRE'ing this year. It's pretty likely not. So then that brings up the 2016 question.

Reasons for not FIRE'ing yet:

1. Still don't feel ready for FIRE financially...especially with the market woes. I'd rather stay employed and not rock the boat during this time instead of sweating it out with sequence-of-returns risk early on in FIRE. Note that I do get a lot of vacation time at work so it's bearable.

2. Might as well finish the project I am on which takes me through the first quarter of next year. Some parts of the job are great, others not-so-great. But it becomes a little funner when I just speak my mind at meetings and stuff. There has been a lot of attrition, so upper management isn't likely to fire someone or "encourage a retirement" in these circumstances. They are pretty much begging us to stay.

3. If I stay on until 12/31, we expect the full bonus payout in the first quarter next year due to meeting business goals.

4. My gut is telling me it's better to see what 2016 brings.

5. I use up all of my vacation time and enjoy some time flexibility at work - not that I ask for it, but I figure it's part of our work culture and I'm going to continue it until someone notices. In fact, there was a job opening at a small startup nearby and I was tempted to apply for more "interesting" work, and then shrugged when I realized my time flexibility and generous vacation benefits would be greatly reduced.

6. Sticking around is giving me plenty of fodder for any future plans to start my own Dilbert-ish type of cartoon. Seriously, some of the stuff is just plain funny when you detach yourself from it with an FU-money attitude.

Jon_Snow

• Magnum Stache
  • I am no man’s chair.
« Reply #223 on: September 12, 2015, 05:11:32 PM »
Daisy, for a long time now I've been impressed with your level headed approach to your FIRE-pursuit.

Actually pulling the ripcord on your career is never a slam dunk decision, and I think it is prudent to save a bit more if your sanity can take it. And it seems yours can. :)

My decision to leave a lucrative career was only a no-brainer because my wife still wanted to work (and yes, our stache isn't all that shabby). A solo journey to FIRE is a much trickier beast, IMO. You are doing great from what I see.

CryingInThePool

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
  • FIRE Target - - 2018 or whenever the mood strikes
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2015, 12:12:30 PM »
Come on over to the class of 2016! So far there only seems to be the 2 of us and I'm waffling.   :)

Not sure if it's recent market factors, ACA/Election, or some other correlation at work but the class of 2016 sure feels currently underpopulated.

http://forum.mrmoneymustache.com/welcome-to-the-forum/class-of-2016

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »
Jon_Snow - Thanks so much for the kind words. Reading your journal makes me antsy for FIRE, but I will continue reading it or whatever else you write as it is a fine example to what a well-lived FIREd life is like. Yes, being single makes the FIRE math a little different.

Spartana - Ditto on being a great FIRE inspiration as Jon_Snow. Too bad your sister has also decided to postpone FIRE, but of course I have very similar concerns as she does. So true that FU money makes the job more FUn. It was a true compliment when a youngish coworker told me today that I am always the one that replies at meetings with the truth and that many times people wait for me to speak up to make a comment. I told him it's because I'm not afraid of being fired...but he didn't realize it was really spelled FIREd. ;-)

CryingInThePool - I'll wait to join the Class of 2016 until December 31st...because one never really knows if I pull out a wildcard and truly FIRE in 2015. Rumors of a new layoff are now circulating and I may try and see if I can slip my name into the pool (pun intended CryingInThePool). Unfortunately, my department will probably be spared of the layoff due to the large attrition...so it probably won't work.

Let's hope some others planning on 2015 can successfully pull it off.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:59:53 PM by Daisy »

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #226 on: September 18, 2015, 06:04:37 AM »
Daisy:  I may be holding out until 2016 too.  I've been back to work after vacation for two weeks and until yesterday, haven't wanted to quit.  I've come up with a plan that is almost a game that will help me stay at least until the end of January.

I could get completely frustrated and quit in December, but I might wait until some time in 2016.

Update:  Well, a kid was added to my class today and his mother is the mother from hell.  Won't make her kids accept any responsibility for themselves, covers for them, pays other people to do their assignments for them while they skip class and smoke up.  In class, the kids seem to think they can say and do what they want because of "freedom of speech" which they learned from their mother.  Uh no, you can't bully your classmate because of "freedom of speech."  When the one started yelling at me that I was violating his constitutional right to free speech at least I was able to say, "We're not American.  Wrong constitution."  They've had enough time to learn that in Canada it's "freedom of expression" which is essentially the same thing.  When I busted her son for plagiarism and he failed my class, she yelled, "Fuck you, you fucking bitch" and threatened to go to the school board.  She accused me three times to my boss of not following her son's Spec Ed plan (which was total bs, I followed the plan and had the documentation to prove it).  She might make my life living hell.  Luckily, at this point, I can just quit, but I was having a good semester otherwise.  So, we'll see.  I can go at any time and I do not want to deal with that crap. 

Update:  October 6, 2015.  Well, that didn't take long.  Control freak, victim-y department head has pretty much clinched my decision.  Unless there is some catastrophic fall in the commuted value of my pension, I am gone as of December 18, 2015.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 06:18:41 AM by BPA »

Upstate NYer

• Stubble
« Reply #227 on: November 22, 2015, 07:31:10 AM »
Just found this thread.

Well, if semi-retirement counts (working 20 hours a week), I pulled the plug on November 16, 2015, so I'm part of the very happy class of 2015. :)

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #228 on: November 22, 2015, 11:58:57 AM »
Just found this thread.

Well, if semi-retirement counts (working 20 hours a week), I pulled the plug on November 16, 2015, so I'm part of the very happy class of 2015. :)

Congratulations!

I sooooo wish I was FIREing in 2015. Things at work are not going to look good in 2016.

On the bright side, I might be setting myself up for a layoff and a nice severance package. I'm starting to push back on the direction they are trying to push me into at work after my current project, which is not at all where my skillset or interests lie.

So I could choose to get upset at the direction, or marvel at the timing of it all aligning with a 2016 exit + severance. Sometimes I think fate has a way of providing the proper timing for things.

Upstate NYer

• Stubble
« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2015, 08:57:24 AM »
Thanks Daisy!

I agree, timing is everything. Sometimes when the timing is right, everything seems to fall into place.

Fingers crossed that things work out the way you want them to and you get to FIRE soon. :)

SenoritaStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #230 on: December 08, 2015, 04:40:35 PM »
Add me to the list.  Gave my two weeks notice on 11/30/2015, my last day is this Friday 12/11/2015.  I have mixed emotions.  Makes me nervous to consider my self FIRE'd since I'm only 28.  My DH still wants to keep working for 8 more years...silly to me since I think we can both pull the plug, but he is just a workaholic and I'm not sure how I can convince him, but I'm going to try (him not quitting with me, kinda makes me feel guilty).  I don't want to give my self the "title" FIRE, but rather FI and unemployed (or something along those lines, makes me feel better), until I figure out what I want to do.  For now, driving every single day for 30-45 minutes EACH way (total 1 hour or 1.5 hours per day), waking up without an alarm, organizing my home, cooking and cleaning, getting rid of clutter, exercising and losing 35 more pounds, drawing, coloring, playing video games is all I have in mind.  I'm sad, happy, excited, nervous, scared.  Countdown...3 more business days to go....

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #231 on: December 08, 2015, 04:48:11 PM »
Add me to the list.  Gave my two weeks notice on 11/30/2015, my last day is this Friday 12/11/2015.  I have mixed emotions.  Makes me nervous to consider my self FIRE'd since I'm only 28.  My DH still wants to keep working for 8 more years...silly to me since I think we can both pull the plug, but he is just a workaholic and I'm not sure how I can convince him, but I'm going to try (him not quitting with me, kinda makes me feel guilty).  I don't want to give my self the "title" FIRE, but rather FI and unemployed (or something along those lines, makes me feel better), until I figure out what I want to do.  For now, driving every single day for 30-45 minutes EACH way (total 1 hour or 1.5 hours per day), waking up without an alarm, organizing my home, cooking and cleaning, getting rid of clutter, exercising and losing 35 more pounds, drawing, coloring, playing video games is all I have in mind.  I'm sad, happy, excited, nervous, scared.  Countdown...3 more business days to go....

Yay and congratulations!!!

I am now 9 days, 19 hours, and 48 minutes from FIRE and I am waffling.  My current issue is that I am actually really good at my job, but it stresses me out.  We'll see if I pull the plug or chicken the fuck out.  I admire you for not chickening the fuck out. 

SenoritaStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2015, 04:53:53 PM »
Oh it was horrible, walking to my bosses office and turning in that letter (2 weeks notice).  10 seconds later I wanted to go rip it out of his hands and tear it apart!!  I felt like that for about the 1st and 2nd day.  Now I'm looking forward to my first Monday of peace..One of many I hope!

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2015, 01:17:32 AM »
Congrats SS!  :)

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2015, 11:32:19 AM »
Congrats class of 2015!

And good luck to those of you who are still not sure when to FIRE!

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #235 on: December 11, 2015, 07:29:59 AM »
Holy fuck.  I just quit.  Last day is next Friday, December 18 like I thought.

I can't believe that I didn't chicken out.  I feel like puking a bit though.  lol 

Cookie78

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #236 on: December 11, 2015, 07:48:54 AM »

I can't believe that I didn't chicken out.  I feel like puking a bit though.  lol

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you. I've been quietly following your story and sending you good vibes. 'When to leave' is a tough choice to make, but I hope you'll find yourself in a few months feeling a thousand times better and knowing you made the right choice. :D

Congrats :)

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2015, 08:23:37 AM »

Congratulations. I felt kind of sick when I gave notice. But I felt relieved afterward. I hope that feeling of relief and happiness overtakes you soon!

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2015, 08:24:04 AM »

YAY!!! I'm so happy for you. I've been quietly following your story and sending you good vibes. 'When to leave' is a tough choice to make, but I hope you'll find yourself in a few months feeling a thousand times better and knowing you made the right choice. :D

Congrats :)

Thanks, Cookie78!  Last night I was finally able to articulate that I loved being able to make a difference in kids' lives, but I needed to give myself permission to take care of myself.  Those two things were often at odds with each other. 

I feel really good right now, but I'll bet that I cry when I tell my boss because he is just about the best boss you could ever imagine.  When I got the call during class that indicated that I had cancer years ago, he came up to cover for me while I cried in my workroom.  Such a great guy.

arebelspy

• Administrator
  • Senior Mustachian
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2015, 10:05:21 AM »

Congrats!  What a nice Christmas present.  :)

AlwaysBeenASaver

• Bristles
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »

Congrats!!!

SenoritaStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2015, 11:51:25 AM »
Thank you!!

SenoritaStache

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2015, 11:52:38 AM »
Cogratulations!!!! BPA, count down time!!!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #243 on: December 11, 2015, 01:45:39 PM »
Yay BPA!

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2015, 04:39:12 PM »
Thanks, everyone!  I no longer feel like puking.  I feel a bit stunned with a creeping sense of relief invading.  Super happy feeling to come, I'm sure.

Yay Class of 2015!

G-dog

• Senior Mustachian
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2015, 04:47:28 PM »

I feel really good right now, but I'll bet that I cry when I tell my boss because he is just about the best boss you could ever imagine.  When I got the call during class that indicated that I had cancer years ago, he came up to cover for me while I cried in my workroom.  Such a great guy.

So, tell him how great he is, how much you loved working with him, and how he helped during your bout with cancer. You can continue to stay in contact with him. Maybe you can sub in the future if you want to at some point. It is the end of the job, np but doesn't need to be the end of this relationship.

Spork

• Walrus Stache
    • Spork In The Eye
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2015, 05:31:38 PM »
Thanks, everyone!  I no longer feel like puking.  I feel a bit stunned with a creeping sense of relief invading.  Super happy feeling to come, I'm sure.

Yay Class of 2015!

That feeling fades REALLY fast.  The sense of awesome: hasn't faded yet for me.

Congrats!

Daisy

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »

So, tell him how great he is, how much you loved working with him, and how he helped during your bout with cancer. You can continue to stay in contact with him. Maybe you can sub in the future if you want to at some point. It is the end of the job, np but doesn't need to be the end of this relationship.

+1

Your boss would really appreciate hearing this from you. He may not know the impact he had on you. And maybe you modelled some of his awesome boss behavior in your own work. It's always nice to hear that the good efforts you put in were appreciated, heck even noticed!

Recently someone left our company and he told me how much I had helped him when he was a wee little intern. I thought I was just doing my job and honestly hadn't treated him any differently than anyone else. And he was such an awesome worker and collegue after many years there and considered quite an expert in stuff when he left. Needless to say after hearing that from him I was on quite a high and even renewed my energy at work (well just a little).

BPA

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2015, 06:23:50 PM »
I did tell him and I've told him before.  I had been a union rep and sometimes drove him nuts, but I've told him many times what I like about him.  I also told HR how great I thought he and my former boss were.

I did cry but not for long.  I won't sub because here it is considered unfair to take jobs from teachers who are just starting out, but I did ask him if he'd be a reference for other kid-related work I might be interested in in the future.  I'm thinking of doing a Masters degree in Work and Society at McMaster, and could use a reference from him with that. 

Funny thing.  My son is reconciled to my quitting, but he doesn't want his step-mom to know.  I thought we got along great, but I guess she criticizes plenty of my decisions...including my decision to not live in a McMansion although she thought I could afford it.  Oh well.  I'm free and you are still working and I am eight years younger than you are, so suck it.  lol

Casserole55

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2015, 07:34:13 AM »
I posted way, way back, that I retired from my job in public media on Jan 1, 2015. I am doing the part of my job that I liked best from home as a contractor. My husband and I are both singers, and he teaches voice. Our income this year from doing the things that we love has exceeded our plan by about $12K. We have only used our 'stash for health insurance, real estate taxes, estimated federal and state taxes, and vacation. We are covering all the regular expenses from our "work." The stock market has been soft, so we have not seen the income from investments that we had planned, but we'll end up on target anyway.

I think we'll get a better idea about spending and finances in 2016. We had a cushion in the form of vacation pay that got us off to a good start in 2015. We spent some $ setting up the new lifestyle. We invested in some stuff to set up our new life - new computer, router. We both got bikes, etc.

But that's just the money stuff. The LIFE stuff has been fabulous. Exercise, sleep, great food, time for friends, time to learn (taking anatomy and physiology at the Khan Academy), volunteer, all in abundance. Plus, a nice long trip to Europe, and a giant party in celebration of our 25th anniversary. 2015 has been absolutely amazing!

Best wishes to everyone in the class of 2015!