Author Topic: Challenge accepted - ditch the Satellite Radio  (Read 1854 times)

Heckler

• Handlebar Stache
Challenge accepted - ditch the Satellite Radio
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
Well, I just cancelled our Satellite Radio.  It was costing us $393/year for two radios, ever increasing the costs every year for the same service. 

Since 2008, we've wasted ~$2700 on this service (actually less, because is used to be $119/radio in 2011), which I was more than happy to pay for, because I can't stand listening to consuma sucka commercials.  However, this consuma sucka is going to start using the multiple mp3 players and Iphones we've accumulated over the years instead, and invest the $400/year.

So challenge accepted - ditch your satellite radio service! 

Heckler

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Challenge accepted - ditch the Satellite Radio
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 04:18:43 PM »
I guess you'd have to have Satellite radio before you can ditch it.  Nice work people!

seemsright

• Bristles
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 08:44:28 AM »
Nope! This is the one thing that I love. I have the radio on from the moment I get up to the moment I go to bed. All though I pay only $200 a year for both radios (I have one in my house and one in my car). I will gladly pay more to not hear commercials. And fussing with Ipods, and what not does not sound like a great use of my time.

dcheesi

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 01:36:51 PM »
Dodge that bullet years ago. My current car had it built in, but it turns out that position of the satellites (and lack of a local terrestrial repeater) means that it constantly drops out while driving around downtown.

Heckler

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »
Nope!  I will gladly pay more to not hear commercials. And fussing with Ipods, and what not does not sound like a great use of my time.

That was my stance a year ago, but Im coming around to eliminating the car as much as possible too. This is step 1-make me hate driving even more.