Author Topic: Monthly Goals - June 2022  (Read 1526 times)

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
Monthly Goals - June 2022
« on: June 01, 2022, 05:00:48 PM »
New month, starting fresh!

1. Read 8 books
  a. 1 Philosophy
  b. 1 History/Natural History
  c. 4 from TBR
2. Do at least 27 sit-ups per day (average)
3. Spend time outside 22/30 days

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects
  4a. Repair Dress Sleeve
  4b. Repair DH pants
  4c. Blouse Muslin
  4d. Blouse
5. Bake something each week
6. Try a new food/recipe - Cheating this a bit as I'm cooking a new recipe tonight :P

Gardening:
7. Keep Garden Alive - Water, water, water!

Social:
10. See family
11. Plan to see Dad
12. Plan to see friends
13. Celebrate Litha (Summer Solstice)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
Re: Monthly Goals - June 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 11:01:53 AM »
Good work @Raenia --I missed updating last month due to travel.

I'm currently ill but feels like I'm recovering so will keep my goals very manageable for the month (especially since I have another trip coming up at end of the month!) Financially this year has been a bit disastrous but in other ways (for adventure and creativity, it has been wonderful)--I'll focus on the positive and get back to saving money at some point!

Starting today
-get back into daily meditation *Started today!
-ease back into daily yoga/breathwork as body allows
-micro-walks
-daily botanical drawing yes, still going strong

-plant peas/beans/sweet-peas *will soak seeds today
-sprout some micro greens for nutrition *will soak seeds after getting off computer
-keep food costs as minimal as possible due to all this unexpected time off (use what I have!) (have heaps of coconut flour..might try to make and freeze a bunch of waffles or find recipes to use this in), might make a tomato/lentil dish later if I have energy

-start to plan for next trip (hikes/etc) : make a plan to talk later in week with the friend I'm going to see
-make a packing list

-pay off majority of LOC (unlikely due to not being able to work--but just put $1500 onto it from my last cheque)

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 01:43:18 PM »
Starting today, here are my June goals:

1. Spend no more than $200 on groceries (not included pet food and charcoal), by shopping the pantry first and using up personal care products including samples.
2. Throw $2K more toward debt.
3. Sell 5 items on eBay to clear out space of unneeded items.
4. Complete my Step Bet app challenge I'm currently in (week 4 of 5  so this will be done before the end of the month). I have 2 power days of 11,766 steps and 4 active days of 9,466 steps.
5. No more clothes shopping.

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 12:02:29 PM »
Can't believe we're a week in already!

1. Read 8 books - 4/8
  a. 1 Philosophy - 0/1, In progress
  b. 1 History/Natural History - 1/1, Done
  c. 4 from TBR - 1/4, 1 in progress
2. Do at least 27 sit-ups per day (average) - 30 average
3. Spend time outside 22/30 days - 4/6, on track

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects
  4a. Repair Dress Sleeve
  4b. Repair DH pants
  4c. Blouse Muslin
  4d. Blouse
  4e. Repair Reusable Bag
5. Bake something each week - Not yet
6. Try a new food/recipe - Sesame Daikon noodles

Gardening:

Social:
10. See family - Mom (1), Sister (1)
11. Plan to see Dad - Scheduled
12. Plan to see friends
13. Celebrate Litha (Summer Solstice) - Requested time off work so I can do a vigil for the shortest night of the year

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 03:10:08 PM »
Here we go again:) - first week: I've got the big C so not too much happened in the garden.
I did however with Mr. R's help - harvest a lot of veggies and herbs, froze some peppers, dried different mints, rosemary, and oregano, took some cuttings for propagation and saved some seeds for next year,  cooked up a huge batch of garden soup which turned out excellent, and made an equally big batch of different tomato sauces - all with nothing but produce from the garden.

Appealed to the neighbor to use the passion fruit from my side of the fence for jam since I'm still under the weather.
Froze some fresh elderberries and researched a bunch of recipes for elderberries from elixirs to compote to syrup to elderberry wine.
We have a bumper crop from the long row I planted in the habitat area along the ditch - so both the birds and I will have plenty berries.

JUNE GOALS
1. Party Central -
find an 11-12ft umbrella for a reasonable price
visit two nurseries for four good size palms 
transplant three peace lilies

2. Bulbs - planting
well, I caved and bought some bulbs I found at a good price on the way home from the Dr. Office. Now if they would only magically plant themselves in my garden. Freesias are always hard to find - so I was thrilled to find one package.
If I feel OK once it cooled off this evening - I will plant them all today - if not, tomorrow morning.
Three Dahlias
One pack of mixed Freesias
Two hot pink Asiatic Lilies

3. TRANSPLANTS FROM CUTTINGS
One Beautyberry (native to Florida) - cuttings my neighbor took, one is finally big enough - perfect for the habitat area, it is a truly beautiful wild bush and the birds love the amazing color berries.
One purple flowering Asiatic small tree-cutting also from my neighbor is ready to plant in the natural habitat. I needed some extra shade and great-looking tropical blooms. The bees and other insects love these flowers.
Two wild palms - transplants from other parts of my garden. I may add a third wild palm that I recently discovered to give the space more depth, volume, and a little bit of shade and add to the tropical feel.

Three plumeria cuttings I got at the plant festival - can't wait to see them bloom. These are the more rare, scented frangipani - one with rainbow colors, a tropical pink and a white coconut scented one. They all rooted nicely already and were considerably cheaper ($10 a piece) as a cutting than buying one plant for $25 to $35 or more. - TO BE PLANTED TODAY

4. THE ALOE PROJECT is almost completed, found some perfect containers for the remaining plants on clearance. I will be very happy to strike this one off my list. Had a lot of fun with it too - I always like a chance to get creative in the garden.

The aloe project was part of a much bigger transplant project of my growing collection of aloes, airplane plants, peace lilies and begonias - all of them in need of major attention. It involved four different parts of the garden, a much-needed clean-up, and an overall re-design project.
Hoping to finish the entire project this weekend or early next week.

I may just celebrate this particular accomplishment since I've been hacking away at this seemingly never-ending project for over five weeks now...
I'm proud of keeping the costs minimal and very happy with the outcome. It also means that I don't have to divide/transplant anything in my collection(s) for the next three years. BIG BONUS:).

4. CREATIVITY
Well, there is one remaining mosaic project...
and one hanging plant display project - this one will be mixed with lights and colorful glass art.
Looking forward to having fun with that - I'll do it when the time seems right and the mood strikes me.
Hopefully within the next two weeks.

5. DIY
One last painting/sanding repair project, a side table.
This one should be quick and easy - I'll do it one morning this week.
Well worth it too since these tables now cost $60 but are now made with inferior quality materials. Crazy!

6. ORCHIDS - this was another never-ending project since it became part of the new creative display walk, ART and PLANTS, with beads, windchimes, bottle art and suncatchers, shells and a macrame tree of life that my neighbor made that I am changing up a bit with my own beads and a ceramic piece from the plant fair in May.
I ran out of supplies, pots and potting medium, I had to add or remove other plants constantly as I was re-doing other parts of the garden. Plus I ended up buying a vanilla orchid cutting at a plant fair and had to keep changing the layout as I added or moved plants from different areas.
This is near final completion.......

VANILLA ORCHID
Doing a bit more research on this one today. This is the plant that produces vanilla beans and this is my second attempt to grow my own.
I'm all set to plant it this week - totally thrilled that the cutting has new shoots and is looking healthy. So far - so good.
Now I just need to plant it and hope it likes my garden.

TWO ORCHID transplants
This should happen this week since I now have pots and supplies for these remaining two. 

The Art and Plant display turned out to be my favorite project of all, other than installing a light curtain against the white fence in the Secret Garden.
I smile every time I walk by.

THE ORIGINAL PLAN starting in Jan 2022 was to be done by May 31 with gardening for this season. Plans change and I'm happy to finish these and possibly two other new garden projects in June or even July.
COMPLETED SO FAR THIS SEASON
1. Changes to the addition of a good size tropical garden area (this is the third spring season)
with tropical fruit, passion fruit, papaya, bananas, avocadoes, citrus, moringa tree, tropical herbs, perennial veggies - no real success there, yet:), and plenty of tropical ornamentals to eventually give it that full lush jungle look.
Completed for the season - except for adding some bulbs that arrived way too late.
2. Tackling a complete re-do in several areas of the garden because of removing a monster Bougainvillea.
This was not a planned project but became a necessity and resulted in a lot of work, taking time away from other projects. This delayed and changed all my garden plans for this season.
It is done now - except for minor tweaks.
3. I wanted more art and colorful glass in my garden and became obsessed with glass bottle wind chimes.
This prompted an unexpected creative project that took way longer to complete than I ever dreamed. Result - LOVE - so it is all good.
4. Transplanting and rejuvenation of my various plant collections.
 - basically finished except for some stragglers that I didn't have a place or a pot for.
5. Expanded the habitat for the critters to four times the size,
added more pollinator-friendly native plants, several bird-friendly shrubs for food/berries/nesting. Done!
Except I think I'd like to add a few more things specifically for the bees - I'll do a bit more research on that and if at all possible I'll add this to my projects for June.
I would also like to add a DIY water feature for the creatures and possibly even art but realistically this may not happen until autumn or next spring.
6. Veggie Garden
How could I forget that:) - a huge success this year.
It has taken me forever to get to the point of a satisfactory veggie harvest that we actually like, with an ever-expanding mix of herbs, both medicinal and for food, aromatherapy and tea.
The plan is to go with perennials and evergreens, and experiment with veggies that taste good and are easy to grow in our climate - no small feat.
Planting and harvesting is about to come to an end as the heat has arrived and the rainy season started - it was a very good veggie and herb garden year.
Completed - except for harvesting and collecting seeds as well as propagating new herbs I tried this year.
It was a lot of work but the results were well worth it.
7. Flowers - the goal was to add more tropicals and perennials. Lots of research and trial and error and attempts at propagation.
We'll see what is surviving and thriving by next spring,  - I'm counting this as a completed project, but the final results will not be in until next year.
8. Painting and DIY incl endless repairs...
but I chipped away at it and Mr. R. also helped with a couple. Sanded and painted six chairs, two big tables, several small tables/plant stands, four big lanterns, several metal trellis, a few garden doodads and a big obelisk. Fixed, glued, and repaired pots and garden items, a fountain, and two tables.
Added new stone borders ... 
DONE - except for one small paint job.

So all in all - I'm happy with the garden projects and don't expect to have more than one or two new projects on my list next month.
Wrapping up this gardening season is my ultimate goal for this month.
Almost there:) - goal in sight!

Sorry guys, I'm not adding any other goals this month since I'm not entirely well but that doesn't mean I'm not doing a few other things anyway like new recipes for healthy eating or revamping some of my financial strategies or decluttering. I'm just giving the garden goals priority - by next month my goals will be well rounded again.
I have a feeling that July will be my catch-up month for the house as well as personal well-being and interests because sumptin's gotta give until I'm declaring the garden done for the season ... we all know gardens are never done.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 11:10:32 AM »
Here we go again:) - first week: I've got the big C so not too much happened in the garden.
I did however with Mr. R's help - harvest a lot of veggies and herbs, froze some peppers, dried different mints, rosemary, and oregano, took some cuttings for propagation and saved some seeds for next year,  cooked up a huge batch of garden soup which turned out excellent, and made an equally big batch of different tomato sauces - all with nothing but produce from the garden.

Appealed to the neighbor to use the passion fruit from my side of the fence for jam since I'm still under the weather.
Froze some fresh elderberries and researched a bunch of recipes for elderberries from elixirs to compote to syrup to elderberry wine.
We have a bumper crop from the long row I planted in the habitat area along the ditch - so both the birds and I will have plenty berries.

JUNE GOALS
1. Party Central -
find an 11-12ft umbrella for a reasonable price
visit two nurseries for four good size palms 
transplant three peace lilies

2. Bulbs - planting
well, I caved and bought some bulbs I found at a good price on the way home from the Dr. Office. Now if they would only magically plant themselves in my garden. Freesias are always hard to find - so I was thrilled to find one package.
If I feel OK once it cooled off this evening - I will plant them all today - if not, tomorrow morning.
Three Dahlias
One pack of mixed Freesias
Two hot pink Asiatic Lilies

3. TRANSPLANTS FROM CUTTINGS
One Beautyberry (native to Florida) - cuttings my neighbor took, one is finally big enough - perfect for the habitat area, it is a truly beautiful wild bush and the birds love the amazing color berries.
One purple flowering Asiatic small tree-cutting also from my neighbor is ready to plant in the natural habitat. I needed some extra shade and great-looking tropical blooms. The bees and other insects love these flowers.
Two wild palms - transplants from other parts of my garden. I may add a third wild palm that I recently discovered to give the space more depth, volume, and a little bit of shade and add to the tropical feel.

Three plumeria cuttings I got at the plant festival - can't wait to see them bloom. These are the more rare, scented frangipani - one with rainbow colors, a tropical pink and a white coconut scented one. They all rooted nicely already and were considerably cheaper ($10 a piece) as a cutting than buying one plant for $25 to $35 or more. - TO BE PLANTED TODAY - well, only two got planted and I forgot I had a cutting from one of my own - so that needs to be planted too.

4. THE ALOE PROJECT is almost completed, found some perfect containers for the remaining plants on clearance. I will be very happy to strike this one off my list. Had a lot of fun with it too - I always like a chance to get creative in the garden.

The aloe project was part of a much bigger transplant project of my growing collection of aloes, airplane plants, peace lilies and begonias - all of them in need of major attention. It involved four different parts of the garden, a much-needed clean-up, and an overall re-design project.
Hoping to finish the entire project this weekend or early next week. - Made a bit more progress today - yay.

I may just celebrate this particular accomplishment since I've been hacking away at this seemingly never-ending project for over five weeks now...
I'm proud of keeping the costs minimal and very happy with the outcome. It also means that I don't have to divide/transplant anything in my collection(s) for the next three years. BIG BONUS:).

4. CREATIVITY
Well, there is one remaining mosaic project...
and one hanging plant display project - this one will be mixed with lights and colorful glass art.
Looking forward to having fun with that - I'll do it when the time seems right and the mood strikes me.
Hopefully within the next two weeks.

5. DIY
One last painting/sanding repair project, a side table.
This one should be quick and easy - I'll do it one morning this week.
Well worth it too since these tables now cost $60 but are now made with inferior quality materials. Crazy!

6. ORCHIDS - this was another never-ending project since it became part of the new creative display walk, ART and PLANTS, with beads, windchimes, bottle art and suncatchers, shells and a macrame tree of life that my neighbor made that I am changing up a bit with my own beads and a ceramic piece from the plant fair in May.
I ran out of supplies, pots and potting medium, I had to add or remove other plants constantly as I was re-doing other parts of the garden. Plus I ended up buying a vanilla orchid cutting at a plant fair and had to keep changing the layout as I added or moved plants from different areas.
This is near final completion.......

VANILLA ORCHID
Doing a bit more research on this one today. This is the plant that produces vanilla beans and this is my second attempt to grow my own.
I'm all set to plant it this week - totally thrilled that the cutting has new shoots and is looking healthy. So far - so good.
Now I just need to plant it and hope it likes my garden.

TWO ORCHID transplants
This should happen this week since I now have pots and supplies for these remaining two. 

The Art and Plant display turned out to be my favorite project of all, other than installing a light curtain against the white fence in the Secret Garden.
I smile every time I walk by.

THE ORIGINAL PLAN starting in Jan 2022 was to be done by May 31 with gardening for this season. Plans change and I'm happy to finish these and possibly two other new garden projects in June or even July.
COMPLETED SO FAR THIS SEASON
1. Changes to the addition of a good size tropical garden area (this is the third spring season)
with tropical fruit, passion fruit, papaya, bananas, avocadoes, citrus, moringa tree, tropical herbs, perennial veggies - no real success there, yet:), and plenty of tropical ornamentals to eventually give it that full lush jungle look.
Completed for the season - except for adding some bulbs that arrived way too late.
2. Tackling a complete re-do in several areas of the garden because of removing a monster Bougainvillea.
This was not a planned project but became a necessity and resulted in a lot of work, taking time away from other projects. This delayed and changed all my garden plans for this season.
It is done now - except for minor tweaks.
3. I wanted more art and colorful glass in my garden and became obsessed with glass bottle wind chimes.
This prompted an unexpected creative project that took way longer to complete than I ever dreamed. Result - LOVE - so it is all good.
4. Transplanting and rejuvenation of my various plant collections.
 - basically finished except for some stragglers that I didn't have a place or a pot for.
5. Expanded the habitat for the critters to four times the size,
added more pollinator-friendly native plants, several bird-friendly shrubs for food/berries/nesting. Done!
Except I think I'd like to add a few more things specifically for the bees - I'll do a bit more research on that and if at all possible I'll add this to my projects for June.
I would also like to add a DIY water feature for the creatures and possibly even art but realistically this may not happen until autumn or next spring.
6. Veggie Garden
How could I forget that:) - a huge success this year.
It has taken me forever to get to the point of a satisfactory veggie harvest that we actually like, with an ever-expanding mix of herbs, both medicinal and for food, aromatherapy and tea.
The plan is to go with perennials and evergreens, and experiment with veggies that taste good and are easy to grow in our climate - no small feat.
Planting and harvesting is about to come to an end as the heat has arrived and the rainy season started - it was a very good veggie and herb garden year.
Completed - except for harvesting and collecting seeds as well as propagating new herbs I tried this year.
It was a lot of work but the results were well worth it.
7. Flowers - the goal was to add more tropicals and perennials. Lots of research and trial and error and attempts at propagation.
We'll see what is surviving and thriving by next spring,  - I'm counting this as a completed project, but the final results will not be in until next year.
8. Painting and DIY incl endless repairs...
but I chipped away at it and Mr. R. also helped with a couple. Sanded and painted six chairs, two big tables, several small tables/plant stands, four big lanterns, several metal trellis, a few garden doodads and a big obelisk. Fixed, glued, and repaired pots and garden items, a fountain, and two tables.
Added new stone borders ... 
DONE - except for one small paint job.

So all in all - I'm happy with the garden projects and don't expect to have more than one or two new projects on my list next month.
Wrapping up this gardening season is my ultimate goal for this month.
Almost there:) - goal in sight!

Sorry guys, I'm not adding any other goals this month since I'm not entirely well but that doesn't mean I'm not doing a few other things anyway like new recipes for healthy eating or revamping some of my financial strategies or decluttering. I'm just giving the garden goals priority - by next month my goals will be well rounded again.
I have a feeling that July will be my catch-up month for the house as well as personal well-being and interests because sumptin's gotta give until I'm declaring the garden done for the season ... we all know gardens are never done.

WEEK TWO - UPDATE
Was not feeling well enough to get a lot done. Instead, I did some research and kept up with watering.
Today, since I am now beginning to feel better - I chose to concentrate on clean-up and organization of one part of the garden, moved a lot of stuff around.
No progress on planting, except I managed to put two out of the four plumeria in the ground.
That's it - oh and a bit more progress on the Aloe project too - yay for that!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 11:58:20 AM »
@Rosy --you are a force of nature! Take good care of yourself, sounds like the garden is a joy-- I'm sure your body might also like putting your feet up and watching the bees :)

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2022, 12:04:09 PM »

Update 2
-get back into daily meditation have been doing my daily session
-ease back into daily yoga/breathwork just two sessions, my body is healing slowly
-micro-walks --micro indeed

-plant peas/beans/sweet-peas done!
-sprout some micro greens for nutrition sprouted and we harvested some turnip greens and mustard greens from the garden, so tasty
-keep food costs as minimal as possible due to all this unexpected time off (use what I have!) have successfully limited spending on food and am utilizing what we have. Made a tasty pasta w/ turnip greens, bacon and parmesan for dinner last night and will have lemony lentils for lunch today

-start to plan for next trip (hikes/etc) : chatted with the friend I'm going with..very productive talk
-make a packing list --yes, mostly. Have actually started packing while I have time and trying to take dehydrated foods, etc that I already have

-pay off majority of LOC not likely but managed another $180 *I have not worked for almost a month due to travel, then illness. I will have less than 6 shifts before my next trip so getting sick really put a dent in my ability to be in a better place financially however I feel VERy grateful that I have an emergency stash so no worries about covering mortgage, etc.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 01:36:37 PM by Serendip »

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2022, 11:42:14 AM »

Gardening:

Social:
13. Celebrate Litha (Summer Solstice) - Requested time off work so I can do a vigil for the shortest night of the year

Keeping the garden alive in the summer months is all I seem to be able to do at present -
 @Raenia -
maybe we should learn the rain dance:).

I think I may at least try to stay up a bit longer and celebrate Solstice with my neighbor, the self-proclaimed witch - fiery red hair an' all:).
Celebrating the seasons can only be a good thing.

@Serendip
Agreed - don't forget to enjoy your gardens.  I do get carried away when I'm working on a project but since I got Mr. R. (cough-cough:) one of those cool swing chairs I tend to appropriate that for my morning coffee while he is at work.
I do "let him" use it on the weekend and of an enchanted evening now that the Secret Garden has scented gardenia, a lovely light curtain and lush greenery again instead of the wicked, thorny monster Bougainvillea that had become an unmanageable monster and had made the space unusable.

CREATIVITY
FOUNTAIN
1. I did sneak in a little creativity project for the rescued fountain parts - doing a mosaic of sparkly glass and sea shells I've collected at the beach over time.
Using up as much of my remaining stash of art supplies as possible and then donating most of the remainder to charity.
The goal is to not buy any new art supplies at all in 2022.
Just sort of an unofficial goal as I have declared war on 'invasive' stashes of any kind - especially the lingering, old ones.

The fountain mosaic is quite uplifting to do, sheer creative play.
I started a potential layout of the design, trying to keep it simple with a bit of tropical flair.

WIRE WREATH OR GLOBE OR BIRDCAGE
2. I watched a youtube project on making a wire wreath for a Pothos (climber) in a pot  - which gave me the idea
of possibly doing this on a larger scale in my garden, as a focal point maybe with fairy lights intertwined in a huge hanging basket or
tied to big tree limb... maybe:).

I could do a mini version and see how it looks first - my neighbor has the most uniquely marked golden Pothos leaves on her monster plant.
So it is a free project since I also have plenty of garden wire and even a hanging basket.
I got about six different leaf patterns from her to experiment with.
This is essentially the popular Monstera plant if you let it latch onto a tree - the leaves become monstrously big indeed, looks cool, but not what I want.
I'm only hesitating because I don't want it to escape from the pot and grow wild. We'll see.

3. GROWING a creative Tropical Garden
We have a lower tree branch that looks a bit bare and out of place in a prominent spot. It cuts straight across which looks odd, but we can't cut it since this branch is just now growing new leaves after being freed up from that monster Bougainvillea. I need that feathery leaf shade for the seating area as well as the shade-loving white Peace Lilies that have naturalized there.
YouTube to the rescue again - why didn't I think of this? Duh!

Using plants I already have - so in essence - free - we like free:).
A few ferns, one experimental orchid, a cool hot pink air plant that hasn't found a home yet from the plant fair in May, incl. some dreamy, romantic Spanish Moss from around the garden should spark that tropical vibe and give it visual interest.

We'll see how much I can actually still get done in June because after that it is nothing but water, water, water and do the bare minimum of maintenance - just to keep the garden alive until late October.

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 03:20:45 PM »
1. Spend no more than $200 on groceries (not included pet food and charcoal), by shopping the pantry first and using up personal care products including samples. So far so good!
2. Throw $2K more toward debt.  Update at the end of the month.
3. Sell 5 items on eBay to clear out space of unneeded items.  Sold 2 / 5
4. Complete my Step Bet app challenge I'm currently in (week 4 of 5  so this will be done before the end of the month). I have 2 power days of 11,766 steps and 4 active days of 9,466 steps. This one is not going to happen. I had a few sick days and couldn't complete this challenge.
5. No more clothes shopping. No clothes so far!

MaybeBabyMustache

• Walrus Stache
    • My Wild Ride to FI
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 08:33:44 PM »
I'm way late to the party, but better late than never.

1) Close my fitness targets every day. I'm on a 222 day streak, so I want to keep it up
2) Figure out a plan to finish an executive leadership online class I'm taking. I get reimbursed for 2/3 of the class, once it's completed.
3) Use up all of our garden produce. Find creative recipes.
4) Clean up the kids rooms. "Help" them go through all of their school stuff. Toss, recycle, keep anything we need.
5) Do 5 random acts of kindness

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2022, 07:18:01 AM »
Week 2 update!

1. Read 8 books - 10/8
  a. 1 Philosophy - 1/1, Done
  c. 4 from TBR - 2/4, 1 in progress, next one out from library
2. Do at least 27 sit-ups per day (average) - 25.7 average, need to pick it up
3. Spend time outside 22/30 days - 9/14, running behind

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects
  4a. Repair Dress Sleeve
  4b. Repair DH pants
  4c. Blouse Muslin
  4d. Blouse
  4e. Repair Reusable Bag
5. Bake something each week - Granola x1

Gardening:
7. Keep Garden Alive - So far so good!  Beans are flowering, basil is flourishing.  Flowers are not doing well, I don't think they like the heat.

Social:
10. See family - Mom (1), Sister (1), MIL (1), SIL (1), FIL Scheduled
11. Plan to see Dad - Scheduled
12. Plan to see friends - None yet
13. Celebrate Litha (Summer Solstice) - Obtained time off, just need to plan a nice meal

Really need to break out the sewing machine and pound out at least the repair tasks, I've been slacking off this month!  The heat just makes me want to lounge.

@Rosy, this is my first year celebrating the "wheel of the year" holidays (I started at winter solstice), and I haven't quite got into the groove.  It would be fun to have a 'witchy' friend who could lend some gravity and tradition to the occasion.  Hope you enjoy whatever celebration you choose!

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 12:08:37 PM »
How is everyone doing?  This month is flying by for us, but this week I have some time off work, so I'm hoping to catch up while also having time to relax.

Week 3 update!

1. Read 8 books - 12/8
  c. 4 from TBR - 4/4, with 2 more started
2. Do at least 27 sit-ups per day (average) - 24.5 average, this is slipping
3. Spend time outside 22/30 days - 15/21, still running behind but technically possible

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects
  4a. Repair Dress Sleeve - Finally did this!  Didn't want to get the machine out, but I want to wear it later this week, so I did it by hand.
  4b. Repair DH pants
  4c. Blouse Muslin
  4d. Blouse
  4e. Repair Reusable Bag
5. Bake something each week - Granola x1 (really slacking here)

Gardening:
7. Keep Garden Alive - So far so good!  Basil is chugging along, I should be able to harvest some in the next week.  Beans are starting to grow little tiny bean pods!  Butterfly milkweed that I planted last year came back and is starting to flower.  Asters and strawflowers are not doing well, but one failure isn't too bad.

Social:
10. See family - Mom (1), Sister (1), MIL (1), SIL (1), FIL (1)
11. Plan to see Dad - Done!
12. Plan to see friends - None yet
13. Celebrate Litha (Summer Solstice) - Took a nice long walk, spent some time in the garden, have a dinner of fresh, local produce planned, and I plan to keep vigil tonight.

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 01:02:19 PM »
Updating my progress!

1. Spend no more than $200 on groceries (not included pet food and charcoal), by shopping the pantry first and using up personal care products including samples. spent $184 / $200 so far
2. Throw $2K more toward debt.  Update at the end of the month.
3. Sell 5 items on eBay to clear out space of unneeded items.  Sold 2 / 5; I think I'm going to mark some things down.
4. Complete my Step Bet app challenge I'm currently in (week 4 of 5  so this will be done before the end of the month). I have 2 power days of 11,766 steps and 4 active days of 9,466 steps. This one is not going to happen. I had a few sick days and couldn't complete this challenge.
5. No more clothes shopping. No clothes so far!

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2022, 07:11:48 PM »
Ok. Had Covid for the first time and it's been a slower energy month..plus lost 10 days of work and now I'm leaving on another trip on Sunday (pre-planned)

Starting today
-get back into daily meditation has been a bit hit & miss, almost daily
-ease back into daily yoga/breathwork hasn't quite been what my body wanted
-micro-walks --yes, this is happening

-plant peas/beans/sweet-peas done and coming up nicely
-sprout some micro greens for nutrition done and mostly all eaten
-keep food costs as minimal as possible due to all this unexpected time off (use what I have!) have been doing 'decently with this' but did pay for a bunch of baking goods

-start to plan for next trip (hikes/etc) : loose itinerary set, am all packed,  just have to grab my toiletries and to decide what to wear on the plane
-make a packing list : didn't happen but didn't need to

-pay off majority of LOC (unlikely due to not being able to work--but getting there

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 07:42:17 AM »

SNIP
13. Celebrate Litha (Summer Solstice) - Obtained time off, just need to plan a nice meal

@Rosy, this is my first year celebrating the "wheel of the year" holidays (I started at winter solstice), and I haven't quite got into the groove.  It would be fun to have a 'witchy' friend who could lend some gravity and tradition to the occasion.  Hope you enjoy whatever celebration you choose!

@Raenia - we had a great time even though neither one of us was sure we'd manage to get up before five AM:) - but we did. By the time we were done, it was daybreak. The Secret Garden was a perfect spot and the light curtain gave us just enough light - the Celtic harp music was a nice touch.

Fire - two big white scented candles, I think next year we'll do open flames/fire bowl. All good celebrations require the element of fire and light.
Water - moving water - fountain - floating flowers in the fountain basin.

Altar - we cleansed the crystals and healing stones in rainwater and moonlight overnight for purity before we added them to our altar.
Flower and herb offerings - of course:).

Music - Celtic Harp (youtube/phone)

Rituals - we declared our intentions and we each bound/decorated a large cinnamon-scented broom with vines and flowers from the garden.
The idea is to protect your home and sweep away negativity in general so it cannot take hold and counter bad influences from people entering your home. 

No circle or dancing, I think that works better when there are at least three of you and definitely if you decide on hosting a garden party. But we wore flowing dresses and suitable jewelry for the occasion and generally enjoyed celebrating the change of the seasons and feeling connected to Mother Nature.
It was too early for food - but my witchy neighbor made me a Passionfruit drink from the passionfruit in the garden.
We ended with coffee and watched the sunrise.

Perhaps next year I'll plan a little garden party with flowers in our hair, kids running about - a bonfire, maybe drums instead of harps and plenty of finger foods. I see it simply as a way to celebrate the wonders of nature and maintain our connection to this living breathing planet.

Rosy

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2022, 11:33:28 AM »
Ok. Had Covid for the first time and it's been a slower energy month..plus lost 10 days of work and now I'm leaving on another trip on Sunday (pre-planned)
SNIP

@Serendip
Take care of yourself and give your body time to heal. Get well soon!:)

We've both had the flu, he got better, I did not. A trip to the ER gave a diagnosis of Angina, so yeah, I'm having to take things easy.
I'll do what I can and I am trying my best not to worry about the rest.
Not everything in our lives is under our control - we'll have to roll with it and maneuver around it.

Serendip

• Handlebar Stache
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2022, 01:50:45 PM »

@Serendip
Take care of yourself and give your body time to heal. Get well soon!:)

We've both had the flu, he got better, I did not. A trip to the ER gave a diagnosis of Angina, so yeah, I'm having to take things easy.
I'll do what I can and I am trying my best not to worry about the rest.
Not everything in our lives is under our control - we'll have to roll with it and maneuver around it.

Very true @Rosy --the slower pace has been set by circumstances so I am just rolling with it. This summer might be an experiment in mellow living :)

Raenia

• Magnum Stache
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2022, 06:17:21 AM »
End of month round up!

1. Read 8 books - 13/8
  c. 4 from TBR - 4/4, Done
2. Do at least 27 sit-ups per day (average) - 28
3. Spend time outside 22/30 days - 21/30, just missed

Creativity:
4. Sewing Projects
  4a. Repair Dress Sleeve
  4b. Repair DH pants
  4c. Blouse Muslin
  4d. Blouse
  4e. Repair Reusable Bag
5. Bake something each week - Granola x2, pear muffins, rye bread, cherry pie

Gardening:
7. Keep Garden Alive - All still alive!  Got a good harvest of basil, and first beans look ready soon

Social:
10. See family - Mom (1), Sister (2), MIL (3), SIL (1), FIL (1)
11. Plan to see Dad - Done!
12. Plan to see friends - Started planning, waiting on date info
13. Celebrate Litha (Summer Solstice) - Success!

GardenBaker

• Stubble
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2022, 09:53:01 AM »

1. Spend no more than $200 on groceries (not included pet food and charcoal), by shopping the pantry first and using up personal care products including samples. $253 / $200
2. Throw $2K more toward debt.  It's ear marked, I just need to write the check.
3. Sell 5 items on eBay to clear out space of unneeded items.  Sold 2/5
4. Complete my Step Bet app challenge I'm currently in (week 4 of 5  so this will be done before the end of the month). I have 2 power days of 11,766 steps and 4 active days of 9,466 steps. Didn't meet this goal
5. No more clothes shopping. No Clothes! Woo Hoo!!