Author Topic: Buffalo Exchange  (Read 1401 times)

brokemom

• 5 O'Clock Shadow
Buffalo Exchange
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »
With six people in the house, there are tons of discards. 
I just came across this -http://www.buffaloexchange.com/sellbymail/

They are sending me a bag, and if they buy anything it will be a convenient way to dispose of things.  Whatever they don't want, they will donate to charity.

I'll see how this works out, but it sounds like a painless way to dispose of clothing clutter

ptobest

• Stubble
Re: Buffalo Exchange
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:33 AM »
I didn't know Buffalo Exchange did secondhand by mail, good to keep in mind, hope they buy plenty of your items!

I recently sent a bag of clothing to Thredup (who has the same system), am still waiting to hear back on what they accept. Hoping they accept something - I took the same collection of clothes into a Crossroads Trading Co, only to have them not accept anything because the half the items weren't trendy enough and they don't take any professional/business attire which eliminated everything else, oh well!

a-scho

• Stubble
Re: Buffalo Exchange
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:13 PM »
With six people in the house, there are tons of discards. 
I just came across this -http://www.buffaloexchange.com/sellbymail/

They are sending me a bag, and if they buy anything it will be a convenient way to dispose of things.  Whatever they don't want, they will donate to charity.

I'll see how this works out, but it sounds like a painless way to dispose of clothing clutter

I would be wary of this place. I have a friend who took their stuff into the store to see if they wanted to buy any of it. They took a few things and my friend donated the rest of it. A couple of weeks later, my friend went back and saw many of her "donated" items on the sales floor.

I have sold things to them a few times, but I always donate my rejects to other organizations like Goodwill, Salvation Army, etc.

Buffalo Exchange is extremely picky. Not only does it have to be on trend, but also in fantastic condition, and not something they already have many on the sales floor. I would also go around to multiple locations(if that option is feasible). One place might reject it, but another will take it.